Real Life Aggro

Just to apologise again to the Posi TF I had to drop out of last night, as my partner's laid up with the Covid and - just to make life that much sweeter - the cat decided to vomit biscuits all over their bed.

Out of interest, what's taken you away from your beloved Paragon / Rogue Isles lately?

(Leaving Praetoria without permission is treason, Citizen).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

Last time I had to take a significant break was when I was in the middle of moving a few months back.  Took a few days to get everything set back up given that I also did not bring any furniture with me and had to get a cheap Walmart desk to use my computer at all (wasn't about to use it on the floor).

Other than that i'm generally lucky that there's nothing that really pulls me away in a hurry.  The only thing that does is that my roomate has kids who hang out on the weekends and they always ask me to play other games with them (they're too young for CoX and would rather play Switch games).  Can't really deny them in good concience.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Once I had just started a Posi II when the doorbell rang. I was so surprised the doorbell rang I got up without letting the group know. Unfortunately it ended up being a thing and I didn't make it back for about 30 minutes. Obviously the group had kicked me, but when I sent a tell to the team leader I found I was ignored as well. Felt real bad about that one.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

Just to apologise again to the Posi TF I had to drop out of last night, as my partner's laid up with the Covid and - just to make life that much sweeter - the cat decided to vomit biscuits all over their bed.

I was playing my Rad/bio on that, IIRC. Not sure if it is related or not, but the Posi got bugged and had us on repeat for a mission. We disbanded and reformed although only a few came back.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Emma Strange: Ill/dark Controller. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Hesitation: Claws/sr Scrapper. 8. Within Reach: Axe/stone Brute. 9. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute.  10. Chasing Fireworks: Fire/time Controller. 

"Downtime is for mortals. Debt is temporary. Fame is forever."

Man, the Covid Partner thing has me beat. I started a new job about a year ago, and I work about 12-16 hour days, 6 days a week. When I had time off, well, you can imagine, I slept. 

Thank God, for my wife and partner though of 26 years. It was tough on her being married to a guy who was a rancher for 20+ years, but was at home,  who then disappeared all day long for the last year.

For what it's worth, All my best for your partner, and anyone else who has or have had that Covid. It can kick an old man's butt. 

• Thanks 1

I don't really have a specific excuse... I think I'm just in one of those semi-burnout, just-not-all-that-interested phases.

It'll eventually pass, I suspect. But until it does? I'm only around for a few hours on the weekends to play with the family SG and do a little fire-farming with my middle nephew.

• Thumbs Up 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Spent about a month with no internet as a consequence of needing to move apartments on short notice (long story); much confusion was had, and internet was about the last thing I got sorted out.

Needless to say, I didn't spend much time logged in during that month.

My home life in general just has me getting up from my desk often. It's the main reason I spend most of my time soloing. The other reason being that I pretty much only have time to play in the wee hours of the morning - usually between midnight and 3 AM. If I do team, it's for something short or a group of friends that don't mind me AFKing every now and then.

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

Sorry to hear about your partner, hope they recover readily as I am sure they will. 

Now cat vomit that is another story  ☹  Had a cat in my 20s that had all kinds of intestinal issues unfortunately. Ended up cleaning a lot of quilts. Being smarter than him I bought a weirdly speckled and streaked brown thing. I figured if I didn't get to it quite in time any stains should blend into the overall aesthetic. Turns out I wasn't smarter as he hated it and never went on the bed if it was there. It was nice for a while having all that space to myself but then it got lonely so naturally I switched it out. Pretty sure I outsmarted him a few times over the years though  but they paled compared to his victories. Often the case with cats...love em. All animals really...except for the blobfish I want to say. A little too gelatinous cube gooey  for me. 

• Like 1

I had to drop out of a Night Ward PUG just two nights ago because I got an important phone call.  I feel bad for getting wrapped up in the call whilst everyone else hopped into the mish and then bowing out after like two minutes of radio silence from me when I realized I'd left them hanging.  Sorry everyone!

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

My gaming get interrupted by RL agro often unfortunately, but if I'm mid-mission I always give a quick comment like "rl agro, sorry, good luck" before dropping.  I also am careful not to join TF's unless I'm very confident that I won't get interrupted.  It's usually my wife or my boys needing something, although my boys respect the concept of "wait until Daddy finishes this mission" a lot more then my wife does.  Although my wife is much more accepting of my hobbies then she was 10 years ago, too.  

This is actually one of the big reasons I play CoH.  It's easily to put in a 15-30 minute play session.  Back in the early years when I was debating between WoW and CoH.  I truly felt that WoW was the superior game at the time, but I settled on CoH because I just couldn't commit to to the playtime required to do WoW properly.

• Thanks 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

On 3/31/2022 at 8:46 PM, Sakai said:

...  Being smarter than him I bought a weirdly speckled and streaked brown thing. I figured if I didn't get to it quite in time any stains should blend into the overall aesthetic. Turns out I wasn't smarter as he hated it and never went on the bed if it was there. It was nice for a while having all that space to myself but then it got lonely so naturally I switched it out. Pretty sure I outsmarted him a few times over the years though  but they paled compared to his victories. Often the case with cats...love em. All animals really...except for the blobfish I want to say. A little too gelatinous cube gooey  for me. 

This made me smile and chuckle a bit.  I worked in the Veterinary emergency and critical care field and inevitably one thing we had to do frequently was induce vomiting because Fluffy or Snowball had gotten into something they shouldn't have.  And we'd lay a towel or pad in front of them to catch the results which they all too often looked at as "gosh I can't possibly do it there on that nice clean towel" resulting in several supposedly intelligent folks following them around repeatedly moving said towel trying to get it in place in time.  Results were mixed at best I'd say.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I miss read this as 'Wife Aggro'..

..is that bad?

• Haha 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I had two things come up last year that kept me away.

1. A five-week vacation in Europe, where  the only steady access to the internet was my phone.

2. Hurricane Ida took down our “Third World” power grid (not to mention my roof, among other things) for almost a month.

• Sad 1

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

I've been playing Stalker. Maybe the Ukrainian invasion got me thinking of that game again. Specifically I'm paying a standalone mod called Anomaly of the game. I've also been procrastinating on making a double sewing table for my wife. Kinda slacking on that though. 

RL interruption?  Maternal uncle's death.  We had to take a week off to drive my elderly mom across country for the memorial service.  On the plus side, I got a bit of time to cross off a visit to the Cahokia Mounds (UNESCO World Heritage Site) from my bucket list, and it was the first time in 20 years that all surviving members of my maternal family were in one place simultaneously.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Slightly more cheerful version: I'm taking a couple of days out of Paragon this week to help my niece get married.

This would be the third attempt (COVID lockdowns having scrubbed the other two), and she's wrecked her ankle with three days to go. So she's ditching bridal heels for my furry slippers, and I may or may not have to roll her down the aisle on a skateboard if needed but by the power of sweet Freya In Asgard, we're gonna get it done.

On 4/4/2022 at 5:25 PM, MangoKulfi said:

My previous PC may or may not have melted following an all Mastermind Mothership Raid.

I missed Sunset after wandering over to ST:O, and the Borg set my old Vaio's GPU on fire. Nasty popping sounds, acrid smoke, screen crash.

Whereas a Mac M1 handled the craziest of the mapserver fights without breaking a sweat.

/em smugmacowner

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.