Not every hero needs to be ripped...

Marbing

I know there is already a bare chest smooth option. But...

If I want a T-shirt, the toon looks ripped.
If I want a tank top, the toon looks ripped.

If I want to create a child hero, he looks ripped (outside of very specific choices). 

Basically, can there be more smooth chest options available for heroes that may not be ripped. Pretty much anything that shows skin. Either it be more costume choice options or however you would do it, like a check box to change your toons muscle tone to smooth. IDK just an example... 

I know this may not be low hanging fruit. If it is too much work, I also understand. Just thought I would throw it out there in case anyone else noticed the same thing and wanted to chime in. 

Edited by Marbing
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 7

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)

I've searched the Constitution stem to stern! Above decks and below! (Until the dragged me off kicking and screaming saying something about possible time for yanking up deck boards.) I've not seen this requirement!

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I believe a lot of these options ( including belly fat ) were intentionally not included by the Original Devs to avoid griefing, remember that during the original run, the game was rated TEEN. I have found some workarounds here and there to skirt the edges a bit. I have also seen some Creations I would have a hard time recreating myself. In my case I have several rather Hirsute guys in my character list, ( hey, I have no special powers and if I can deal with having back hair then so can you Mr. Hero Dude, take that...) and they get some long looks sometimes from other players. There are a ton of costume options, and I would welcome more but I wonder what limits there are on the scaling options, with only a few exceptions everything in this game uses the same scale sliders to get different looks. It would be interesting to expand what those possibilities are.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

I actually agree with this post. I think for women as well, creating overly ripped female characters that aren't designed to be that way can look a bit too gaunt. Further, some of the female options do not make them look "grisly" enough for the theme of a character. Apologies for their terrible microsoft paint demonstration and apologies again if this comes off in any way as "NSFW" (I'm definitely not a VFX artist by any means) but the point is, I think just slightly altering the overlay to be more blurred and homogenous in color could make them look a lot more "normal." To which a lot of my characters are of the squishy mage variety and want nothing to do with lifting a weight.

image.png.16da94237ae4bc9d09be38b8267ac66e.pngimage.png.d470c33decb7737bc90fe4a38e5b5083.png

On 4/9/2022 at 8:55 AM, Zeraphia said:

I actually agree with this post. I think for women as well, creating overly ripped female characters that aren't designed to be that way can look a bit too gaunt. Further, some of the female options do not make them look "grisly" enough for the theme of a character. Apologies for their terrible microsoft paint demonstration and apologies again if this comes off in any way as "NSFW" (I'm definitely not a VFX artist by any means) but the point is, I think just slightly altering the overlay to be more blurred and homogenous in color could make them look a lot more "normal." To which a lot of my characters are of the squishy mage variety and want nothing to do with lifting a weight.

image.png.16da94237ae4bc9d09be38b8267ac66e.pngimage.png.d470c33decb7737bc90fe4a38e5b5083.png

This is also a good point, I have plenty of female toons and not all the them need to look super fit and athletic. But, there aren’t a whole lot of options. 

It would be nice if you had like a checkbox or something that changed that. Like: Athletic, check, now my toons skin looks more muscular, Standard, check, now my toons skin doesn’t look muscular. But idk how hard that would be to implement.

Edited by Marbing

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)

• 2 weeks later

Sounds similar to how you pick a face. It don't really changes shape, just slaps a different paint job on. Might actually not be too difficult to implement. I like the approach of having a tickbox of athletic, non athletic. Maybe even make one for body hair too!

On 4/2/2022 at 9:25 PM, Vanden said:

You're wrong, every hero needs to be ripped. Says so in the Constitution.

On 4/2/2022 at 10:16 PM, Rudra said:

I've searched the Constitution stem to stern! Above decks and below! (Until the dragged me off kicking and screaming saying something about possible time for yanking up deck boards.) I've not seen this requirement!

image.png.b936fb6b42fc37b1ad06a706d7d8b4ce.png

image.png.faf4e5c1cea978946653fa8b74a915d5.png

• Haha 3

The suggestion of new body types has been made before.  Myself, and many others, have often lamented the fact that there is no huge body type for females.  I believe the Devs have said that the amount of time and effort involved in making a new body type and then making existing costume pieces compatible (not to mention powerset animations, etc.) is simply not practical for the small team that they have and the time that they have available (they all have regular lives and full-time jobs, etc.  Homecoming is a labor of love/hobby).

Should this ever change, I fully approve of the suggestion of adding fat body types to the mix.  😁👍

Having a non-athletic look is just a texture applied to the existing model though. You go from a character that spends a lot of time at the gym (with that muscled texture we have now, or the very muscled texture that is caked into some of the costume options) to a character that doesn't really spend time at the gym (apply ACME's patented Muscle-Begone today for that softer look! *ACME not responsible for side effects from using Muscle-Begone. Possible side effects include disappearing body parts, instant fat generation, and rescission of muscle party invites. Use Muscle-Begone only as directed. Void where prohibited).

Edit again: And costume options with the baked in very muscled look (barbarian) would not get the alternate texture since that would require the extra work of duplicating the costume options as well.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to remove duplicate "to a character".

I'd give you more thumbs up, but the forum only lets me cut off one per post.

Edit: What is that from? Looks too stylized to just be generic, but too... uhm... not granular... can't remember the word... the polygons look old school? Yeah, I'll go with that. What is that from?

Edited by Rudra