Favorite level range? 30-35 is the best redside.

Troo

Favorite Level Ranges  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite level range(s)?

• Level 0 to Level 10 -------->------->------->------->------->
    • Level 10 to Level 20 -------->------->------->------->------->
    • Level 21 to Level 25 -------->------->------->------->------->
    • Level 25 to Level 30 -------->------->------->------->------->
    • Level 31 to Level 35 -------->------->------->------->------->
    • Level 35 to Level 40 -------->------->------->------->------->
    • Level 41 to Level 45 -------->------->------->------->------->
    • Level 45 to Level 50 -------->------->------->------->------->
    • Level 50+

I think my favorite level range is 30-35.

Do folks have other level ranges that just seem to stand out?

Maybe what level range you spend the most time?

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• Troo changed the title to Favorite level range? 30-35 is the best redside.

I think 15-20 shines Redside.  You are finally able to traipse around Cap feeling like a real villain.  Sure, there are a lot of forces in the world that outnumber you and are tougher than you.  But you are a SUPER Villain at this point.  Given time they will all be destroyed.

• Like 1

My answer was 25-30. A lot of toons really start to see their worth here. You've gotten a few of your cornerstone powers and have a handful of slots in them, just in time for all IO sets to be available at 27. But with all that being said, I think the most important aspect of this lvl range is that toons still have flaws.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

21-25

I do the Cooling/Nance/Adair missions on every character plus Moonfire TF and you can do the Citadel TF which for me ends up with the most trash talk toward a villain group then anything else in the game.

• Thumbs Up 2

@Fearsome Fig - Torchbearer

1 hour ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

My answer was 25-30. A lot of toons really start to see their worth here. You've gotten a few of your cornerstone powers and have a handful of slots in them, just in time for all IO sets to be available at 27. But with all that being said, I think the most important aspect of this lvl range is that toons still have flaws.

Yeah I totally agree with the flaws part. I think this level range of mid 20’s to mid 30’s is the sweet spot between power level and interdependence. 

At this level characters are just getting to their cool/flashy high impact powers without getting stacked to the gills with IO sets. At this level it feels like each character, regardless of powerset, can meaningfully contribute to cover teammates’ weaknesses. Once characters get closer to 50 and get a critical mass of IO sets, the bonuses can cover up weaknesses and allow pretty much any character to stomp normal 4x8 content. Being overpowered is cool, but imo it takes away from the teamwork and interdependence aspect evident in lower levels. 

This game as a whole has a weird difficulty curve when leveling where it feels like combat gets more complex (more powers to manage), yet less difficult as you level. Especially considering IOs. 

Some of my most enjoyable experiences in this game have been at teaming difficult content at the lower levels when  The team needs to think strategically about how to approach mobs, pull, and prioritize targets. Yes it’s slower than pulling all the mobs at once and destroying them with AOE but it feels much more challenging and rewarding.

• Thumbs Up 5

I find the  game is best 5-19.  It requires thought and skill rather than just having all of the powers you  need.

I wish there was more content in that level.  The content 15-35 is great.  But by 30 the game gets too easy.

• Thumbs Up 1

I voted for 50+ because I like me some endgame.  But I do play the toon I locked at level 20 a ton.

• Thumbs Up 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

2-35. That's where builds develop the most. 36-49 is mostly a waiting period. 50+is deciding how easy you want to make the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Emma Strange: Ill/dark Controller. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Hesitation: Claws/sr Scrapper. 8. Within Reach: Axe/stone Brute. 9. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute.  10. Chasing Fireworks: Fire/time Controller. 

"Downtime is for mortals. Debt is temporary. Fame is forever."