Need more salvage space.

eldriyth

I've played on homecoming since you launched it. There is a small decline even on the weekends happening, because people just go and play other stuff that comes out. Especially with WoW Classic coming in August. Every MMORPG goes through it. Overall what this means though, is you guys can afford to loosen up the limitations on salvage held in bases from 1800 to 10000 at least, because there aren't as many players now.

Salvage hoarding is a serious disorder. If you find yourself wanting to keep >9000 salvage in your base despite the market bucketing it you should contact a professional who specializes in virtual goods hoarding.

I've played on homecoming since you launched it. There is a small decline even on the weekends happening, because people just go and play other stuff that comes out. Especially with WoW Classic coming in August. Every MMORPG goes through it. Overall what this means though, is you guys can afford to loosen up the limitations on salvage held in bases from 1800 to 10000 at least, because there aren't as many players now.

Even in OG times this was a thing (Especially new WoW expansions). People would play, an expansion would come out, they'd go run that for like a month, and then return. The cycle was known and consistent. Same goes in anything else a gamer does. For example: I was in the middle of replaying the Borderlands series on my PS4 when this came to my attn. Needless to say my poor consoles have been off for the better part of spring/summer. >.<

Also, there's an explanation elsewhere on the boards, but basically this had be considered/tried before and it Really broke things, so they put in the 18 salvage limit. Now what you Could do is create multiple bases/groups, leave an alt tied to said group (for adding back alts) and utilize say a single base for extra salvage. If THAT isn't enough salvage, then I'm not sure anyone can help you.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

As a lifelong packrat, I would like to put in my own request for more than 18 storage items per base.  My SG is a small group of friends, and each are given their own room with a salvage bin and enhancement bin.  Those who do a lot of crafting get more than one.  Then throw in the vault, and at least one community inspiration bin, and, well, 18 comes fast.

Keep in mind that there is an item limit of 20K items for the entire base.  There was a time when the devs tried to raise that limit, but it broke things in disastrous ways. 

This is also the reason there is a limit on storage units.  It is because each piece of salvage, inspiration, or enhancement gets stored directly to the base map, which means they essentially become base items

You know that flicker you get when you store or pull something?  Yah… you are essentially editing the map with every piece you add or subtract (so, be careful when doing so!). 

The upside to this is that you cannot delete a room if there is salvage in the units. 

So, that’s 1800 potential items that factor in with the item limit.  I’m no coder, so I have no idea if this will ever change.

Keep in mind that there is an item limit of 20K items for the entire base.  There was a time when the devs tried to raise that limit, but it broke things in disastrous ways. 

This is also the reason there is a limit on storage units.  It is because each piece of salvage, inspiration, or enhancement gets stored directly to the base map, which means they essentially become base items

You know that flicker you get when you store or pull something?  Yah… you are essentially editing the map with every piece you add or subtract (so, be careful when doing so!). 

The upside to this is that you cannot delete a room if there is salvage in the units. 

So, that’s 1800 potential items that factor in with the item limit.  I’m no coder, so I have no idea if this will ever change.

In the old days, my friends and I would have coalition SGs where each person had their own storage base. This solved the quantity problem, for the most part, but was very inconvenient, involving lots of swapping stuff between toons. 

So I suggest this - adding a permission to the coalition section to allow access to storage bins.  We already have entry permissions.  It would be very handy if I could have Toon A who is a member of SG X stop off in SB Y's base to drop off some salvage that I know Toon B needs.  This permission would not be on by default, because obviously this would only work for people who trust each other.  An SG would need to turn it on.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

So I suggest this - adding a permission to the coalition section to allow access to storage bins.  We already have entry permissions.  It would be very handy if I could have Toon A who is a member of SG X stop off in SB Y's base to drop off some salvage that I know Toon B needs.  This permission would not be on by default, because obviously this would only work for people who trust each other.  An SG would need to turn it on.

I like this idea. A lot.

I like this idea. A lot.

So do I, but I'm not sure how you'd go about implementing it. Right now, access permissions are set on each salvage item individuality and they go by SG rank. Maybe you could treat coalition members as bottom rung SG member?

• 2 weeks later

Salvage hoarding is a serious disorder. If you find yourself wanting to keep >9000 salvage in your base despite the market bucketing it you should contact a professional who specializes in virtual goods hoarding.

This is the absolute truth. I am a terrible hoarder in games (you should see my Everquest bank mules) and even I have learned to let the market be my salvage storage space. With a little patience a (quite modest) profit can be made from storing it in the market.

this.

I store only rare salvage now and simply buy as i need for the yellows and occasional white salvage I dont happen to have on hand after a few missions. Storage space is mainly IO bins and if you have 1500+ IOs laying in bins rather than in characters slots...you have a big problem.

Alternate suggestion that I've not heard mentioned so far. Increase the Player's character storage capacity. Possibly just as difficult, but worth the ask.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)