Super Packs

TraumaTrain

The Heroes and Villains Super Pack drops the Archetype Origin Enhancements that are named for the archetypes.

The Rogues and Vigilantes Super Pack drops the Archetype Origin Enhancements that are named for the inherent abilities.

The Lords of Winter Super Pack drops the Winter Origin Enhancements. It is more expensive because the other two are seeded at 10 million and it is seeded at 25 million.

• Thanks 1

See: https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Super_Pack

The "Lords of Winter" super pack is a problem because all year round it is priced 25M Inf from the AH and during winter it is dropped in price to 10M. It is a problem because super rich players buy stacks of them at the 10M discounted price then when the winter deal ends, they re-list them on the AH at under 25M. In other words, pure exploitation that has to be addressed (either never drop the price from 25M or not allow players to list winter super packs).

Edited by Digirium

6 minutes ago, Digirium said:

The "Lords of Winter" super pack is a problem because all year round it is priced 25M Inf from the AH and during winter it is dropped in price to 10M

The HC team have stated that there will be no more discounted packs during future winter events.

Edit: Proof if needed.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
adding link to HC team statement
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

The HC team have stated that there will be no more discounted packs during future winter events.

Well that sucks. I look forward to getting a handful of packs so I can make some high end builds. I don't play a ton and I am not into farming a lot or grinding. Ugh. 

2 hours ago, BurtHutt said:

Well that sucks. I look forward to getting a handful of packs so I can make some high end builds. I don't play a ton and I am not into farming a lot or grinding. Ugh. 

They're handing out super packs as treats for the Halloween bases event. Check out the announcement from Community Rep Dacy to find a base to explore. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

5 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

They're handing out super packs as treats for the Halloween bases event. Check out the announcement from Community Rep Dacy to find a base to explore. 

This is super awesome of them but I don't plan on attending that many times and trying to hoard the goodies. That's not my style - seems a tad selfish lol

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Digirium said:

The "Lords of Winter" super pack is a problem because all year round it is priced 25M Inf from the AH and during winter it is dropped in price to 10M. It is a problem because super rich players buy stacks of them at the 10M discounted price then when the winter deal ends, they re-list them on the AH at under 25M. In other words, pure exploitation that has to be addressed (either never drop the price from 25M or not allow players to list winter super packs).

I'm sure that someone has already said it, but I have to get into game quickly

The Winter Packs will no longer drop in price during the Winter Event.  Last Winter Event was the last time it it would drop in price.

I don't have time to do the forum searches to pull up the post in regard to this.

Last  year there was a huge run on Winter Packs.

I'm not sure who would do that.

looney-tunes-speedy-gonzales.gif

Just for disclosure, I never bought any Winter Packs to resell them for a higher price once the Winter Event sale price was over.

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

9 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Edited 9 hours ago by AboveTheChemist
adding link to HC team statement

Man, this sucks.  I bought a bunch at the last winter event when they were $10M.  I don't sell them.  I just use them in my builds.  I had just started marketing on a bunch of characters because I was hoping to buy 30 to 50 packs for $10M at the next Winter event for future builds since I am running out of my stock.

I'm not sure why this sale is a problem honestly.  If people buy them for $10M and sale for $20M after the event they are getting to double their Inf, but the buyer gets a discount.  Seems like a win-win to me...

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm personally pleased that winter packs will no longer be discounted during the event going forward - an excellent and thoughtful change by the devs.

Discounted packs give a large advantage to players that have the disposable income to spare during the event. If you have just 100 million inf, just buying 10 discounted packs for the 2 sets you want may mean putting other character-building opportunities on hold for a while. If you have 100 billion inf, you can easily afford to stock up and sit on them until the summer without affecting your regular play in the slightest. It's a year's worth of income from a few clicks.

I like seasonal events and things that get players to log-in together in general, but not ones that give undue and excessive advantage to those who are already privileged. You can have some advantage, but let's keep it within reason.

And before you start, I marketeer myself, but that doesn't stop me from seeing the massive balance issues this causes. As a matter of fact, it makes them all the more obvious.

On 11/1/2022 at 11:13 AM, Lockpick said:

the buyer gets a discount

If a discount is desired, it can be applied by reducing the price of the winter packs year-yound - a win-win situation, and one that's far more transparent and equitable.

In fact, the only better change would've been for the developers to announce, on Jan 1, that not only will winter packs no longer be discounted in future, but their price will permanently be reduced to, say, 2.5M inf, so that all the speculators who stocked up would lose money. 😁

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 hours ago, Zect said:

In fact, the only better change would've been for the developers to announce, on Jan 1, that not only will winter packs no longer be discounted in future, but their price will permanently be reduced to, say, 2.5M inf, so that all the speculators who stocked up would lose money. 😁

I think dropping their price to 15m year round would work well enough.

On 10/31/2022 at 6:38 PM, UltraAlt said:

I'm sure that someone has already said it, but I have to get into game quickly

The Winter Packs will no longer drop in price during the Winter Event.  Last Winter Event was the last time it it would drop in price.

I don't have time to do the forum searches to pull up the post in regard to this.

Last  year there was a huge run on Winter Packs.

I'm not sure who would do that.

Just for disclosure, I never bought any Winter Packs to resell them for a higher price once the Winter Event sale price was over.

I did and see no problem with it. The first year I bought a ton. I opened them all and stored the ios. Gave me a ton to use, some I gave to friends that needed them, some I sold to people that needed them at cost. And then about a month before the next Christmas event started I sold all I had left at the 25m market rate which replaced my original investment and then bought a bunch of packs again. Then they announced no more sales. So I kept my 180 or so ios in storage now only for me and my use. I dont mind helping people when I know I can keep myself fed, but if people get whiny and ruin that ability, well now you all can just spend 25m to get on.

4 minutes ago, QuiJon said:

I dont mind helping people when I know I can keep myself fed, but if people get whiny and ruin that ability, well now you all can just spend 25m to get on.

I'm not sure what this is all about.

Yeah. The packs are going to be stuck at 25M year round.

I think that originally they were only on sale during the Winter Event and not year around.

I'm certainly not complaining about making a profit on market sales.

I just never flipped Winter Card packs.

I have a base full of Winter Pack enhancements. Hopefully, it will be enough to handle my need for Winter IOs, but I get enough merits from card packs that merits aren't really an issue when purchasing enhancements from a merit vendor.

Gotta run.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.