MSR Slideshow

Snarky

On Live I could not do MSR because of the effect.

I have experienced a small amount of lag sometimes in them on Homecoming.  Today....complete slideshow.

Now, I do not like the MSR.  But I need the badges.

What can I do?  Best graphic settings?  Is it my comp or server side?

39 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I have experienced a small amount of lag sometimes in them on Homecoming.  Today....complete slideshow.

Turn your particle and effects count to near zero and your graphics setting to medium.  That might help....might.

MSR is one of those instances where no matter how good your computer is, it will be a slideshow or at least choke on how much it has to process.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

tiny team

I'm game

• Like 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

13 minutes ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

tiny team

I'm game

Its not quite that easy.  You have to drop the shields which is basically 17??? Giant monsters in a hurry.  Then get a bomb for each team and drop the AV in the bowl.  Everything after that is gravy.  I have credit for 3 bombs and 1 AV.  No idea why my team always sucks lol

I was on that MSR yesterday. While I didn't have a slideshow, Foes weren't rendering unless I was right on top of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Another thing that helps is turning off screen shake. I’ve been DC’d when I forgot to do that.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

I turn particle effects off, target a Masterminds pet and set a ranged attack to auto and aim the camera at the floor. Then, if anything comes near me, it gets hit with the non autoed powers. The insanity of a MSR lightshow is a bit much to watch.

• Haha 1

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

On 3/11/2023 at 6:05 PM, Snarky said:

Its not quite that easy.  You have to drop the shields which is basically 17??? Giant monsters in a hurry.  Then get a bomb for each team and drop the AV in the bowl.  Everything after that is gravy.  I have credit for 3 bombs and 1 AV.  No idea why my team always sucks lol

I can clear most of the Pylons solo before they reset on their timer so... Yeah it's really not that hard actually 🤣

17 hours ago, Uun said:

I was on that MSR yesterday. While I didn't have a slideshow, Foes weren't rendering unless I was right on top of them.

That's typical. More of an issue if you're in the middle than on the sides - it can only (as I understand) draw so many entities.

If you're ranged, target through a pet of some sort if possible.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

On 3/12/2023 at 1:05 AM, Snarky said:

lvl 50 AVs rather than GMs. As John mentioned, an optimized solo character can do it. The average team of 8 should do the trick, provided at least 5-6 of the players move relatively fast from Pylon to Pylon.

Then you break up the crates on the ship, and everyone leaves the team to click on bombs as a separate "team".

Then you reinvite everyone for the bowl party.

It takes slightly more coordination than usual, but I'd say that's on par with what is expected in an incarnate trial, for example. So, doable even on pickup groups - even if not a guarantee. 🙂

• Like 2

On 3/11/2023 at 6:05 PM, Snarky said:

No idea why my team always sucks lol

Wait, didn't I have you on Team 1 last time? 🙂

The folks that run the Abyss Hami are saying the servers are in dire need of a reboot for much the same reason. There was some chatter about it in Discord, as well. MSRs and Hamis are, in general, a bit like a powerpoint, but more so lately, I think. No doubt that some graphics changes on your end will help.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/11/2023 at 4:33 PM, Snarky said:

Part of the problem is that the raid is VERY data-heavy.  So it has trouble keeping everything up.
Turn off sending buffs for:

1. Your teammates
  2. Yourself
  3. Your pets.

This will cut down on unnecessary traffic and should improve game performance.

Menu --> Options --> Windows tab.
Status Window Buff Display, Group Window Buff Display and Pet Window Buff Display

Last option in each section is "Stop Sending All Buffs".
Set them all to ENABLED.

I generally recommend that everyone on the league do so.
It cuts server traffic enormously.

Also, just for gits and shiggles, do a VERIFY on the game files just to be safe.

• Like 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

On 3/12/2023 at 7:55 AM, Uun said:

This is normal.
This is a game engine limitation.
The game will only render so many entities at the same time.
Doesn't matter how mega-beefy your rig is.
I'm rocking an AMD Ryzen9 5950X and an NVIDIA 3070Ti and it still does it.
So full leagues will ALWAYS have this problem.  Spawning pets exacerbates the problem.

Ironically, pets are a partial solution.  You can set them to simply run wild and target THROUGH them with /ASSIST, so you don't have to go hunting for a target.

Edited by Hyperstrike
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Oklahoman said:

Wait, didn't I have you on Team 1 last time? 🙂

The folks that run the Abyss Hami are saying the servers are in dire need of a reboot for much the same reason. There was some chatter about it in Discord, as well. MSRs and Hamis are, in general, a bit like a powerpoint, but more so lately, I think. No doubt that some graphics changes on your end will help.

I don’t (think?)  i was on one.  I think 2.  But somehow my badge tracker has me at 3 bombs and 1 AV.  I know i had one AV before.  I am only doing these for the badges.  I hated to cut out early.  I normally am very active (OCD) and on my corruptor hang just at the bowl rim nuking and debuffing to help the forward melee elements.  Sometimes even hop to the ship top and pull.  But when things lock up…

If your server runs instanced MSR,  those are less laggy as well.  Only the relevant portion of the map is accessible and the rest of the zone had its spawns removed to reduce server load.  The Vanguard base and AE  building were also removed to increase performance.

The raid runs the same but there are several changes.

-You must have the Member of Vanguard badge (earned by completing the quick tutorial in RWZ but only available at lvl 35+.)

-The dropship is guaranteed to spawn on the first pylon kill.  (Not a huge deal since ive never seen the dropship not spawn in a zone raid but it is possible)

-The hospital is at Point Du Hoc.

-All mobs are lvl 54.

-All players are 'sidekicked' to level 50 (not lvl 49 like sidekick normally does.  So the team will never accidentally drop to low level if the leader changes.)

-Vanguard merit rewards are granted league wide and without regard to your range to the target (The pullers usually appreciate this one since they miss alot of V.Merits on the zone version.  Im not sure if its 100% functionally perfect but my tank gets way more V.Merits - 700ish more on average)

-The mothership shield stays down after the timer expires and the ship is left burning.  You dont get forcibly teleported to Point Du Hoc. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheZag said:

-The dropship is guaranteed to spawn on the first pylon kill.  (Not a huge deal since ive never seen the dropship not spawn in a zone raid but it is possible)

-All players are 'sidekicked' to level 50 (not lvl 49 like sidekick normally does.  So the team will never accidentally drop to low level if the leader changes.)

I've had instances of Bashful (the dropship) not spawning.  Hence "Bashful".

The higher level sidekicking can reduce XP earnings (slightly) for the raid.

The higher level enemy spawns offset this, but reduced kill speed is a side-effect.

On 3/11/2023 at 5:33 PM, Snarky said:

Setting other player names so they're only shown when selected or on mouse-over helps a bit as well;  The GUI actually takes a pretty hefty toll on performance in these large events.  I also tend to turn down particle or PHYS-X effects.

Edited by biostem
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Now is there a way to save all these “gimped” settings for MSR or do I just have to manually switch everything back and forth?

There is a "save options to file" and a "load options from file" button in the window options menu, but AFAIK, they use the same filename, with no option to choose alternatives from there.  There are the "option_save_file" and "option_load_file" slash commands, so you could select the options you want from the menu, save them, (not to a file, but just generally), then use the command to save a specific file for MSR events and one for normal gameplay, then load them as needed...

46 minutes ago, biostem said:

There is a "save options to file" and a "load options from file" button in the window options menu, but AFAIK, they use the same filename, with no option to choose alternatives from there.  There are the "option_save_file" and "option_load_file" slash commands, so you could select the options you want from the menu, save them, (not to a file, but just generally), then use the command to save a specific file for MSR events and one for normal gameplay, then load them as needed...

i think i will just grab a quill and parchmen....erm, pen and paper.  write down all the suggestions above. i will then gimp the shit out of my graophics as the msr team builds.  then reload my normal afterwards.  thanks

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, Snarky said:

i think i will just grab a quill and parchmen....erm, pen and paper.  write down all the suggestions above. i will then gimp the shit out of my graophics as the msr team builds.  then reload my normal afterwards.  thanks

What!!?  You don't just prick your finger then write in blood, like Sideshow Bob?

• Haha 1