What amusing thing in game elicits a real life cacke?

FFFF

I'll start (with a few).

1. There a number of mobs that go through the long Total Focus animation where they jump up volleyball player style and try to pound your character via an overhead, double-handed smash. I love interrupting that, putting the mob on their butts, preferably with a power that does knock back. Bonus points if the mob cons blue and the mob gets knocked far away. Worth at least a grin, but mostly a cackle.

2. Anyone remember Hellion golf? Take a power with knockback on a higher level character and punt them across Atlas Park.

3. Going parkour style across a vertically challenging zone like Steel Canyon or Skyway City. Typically this is done with super jump, and unfortunately I remember there were gaps where combat jumping couldn't reach far enough. Anyways, it's always amusing to see how far you can get without touching the lava (street level). Bonus points if you manage to bounce around the tram tracks until you slide off.

4. Burn patches / ignite on gatherings of Circle of Thorns on the rooftops of King's Row. I love watching them flee and fall off the edge of those super tall buildings.

Edited by FFFF
  • Haha 3

Play the final mission of Scirocco's "Hammer of the World" arc. Use KB to fling enemies off the edges into the infinite abyss for a one-shot kill. If you have a -fly effect, you can even instakill Scirocco himself by luring him over the void and then grounding him (Storm Blast's T1 attack is good for this). I also did this to Ice Mistral when she came to his aid. 

It doesn't give much XP to kill them this way, but the hilarity makes up for it tenfold. 

Edited by FupDup
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

18 minutes ago, FupDup said:

Play the final mission of Scirocco's "Hammer of the World" arc. Use KB to fling enemies off the edges into the infinite abyss for a one-shot kill. If you have a -fly effect, you can even instakill Scirocco himself by luring him over the void and then grounding him (Storm Blast's T1 attack is good for this). I also did this to Ice Mistral when she came to his aid. 

It doesn't give much XP to kill them this way, but the hilarity makes up for it tenfold. 

Haha. New goal unlocked. One-shot an AV by flinging him off of an infinite cliff. 

Cackling just at the thought. 

Someone has said that Super Jump is a mini-game in itself. I'd concur. I've spent whole, or most of, sessions practicing my parkour.

Super knock-backing is fun, but my pleasure, after I reached about my 30s, was finding the largest mob in Perez and firing off either Burn or Foot Stomp. I've always called it "stomping ants."

• Like 1

UPDATED: v4.10 Technical Guide (27p7)... 158 pages of complete, comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

37 minutes ago, FupDup said:

Use KB to fling enemies off the edges into the infinite abyss for a one-shot kill.

My version of this with my DP/MA blaster is "Cimeroran Skeet Shooting."  Head to the top of the fort, then Ki Push the guards off the edge and see if you can shoot them dead before they're out of range.  Grand fun! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

While playing my dark blast sentinel, I try to finish off enemies with life drain - it gives me a "your soul is mine" vibe, like Shang Tsung from the 1ts live action mortal combat movie.

On my storm blast sentinel, I find it so satisfying to finish off runners with lighting strike - just something about my character doing that down-punch animation, followed by some sorry runner biting it to a lightning bolt to the butt!

Edited by biostem

12 hours ago, FFFF said:

3. Going parkour style across a vertically challenging zone like Steel Canyon or Skyway City. Typically this is done with super jump, and unfortunately I remember there were gaps where combat jumping couldn't reach far enough. Anyways, it's always amusing to see how far you can get without touching the lava (street level). Bonus points if you manage to bounce around the tram tracks until you slide off.

I do this with Ninja Run + Super Jump on my Ninja-themed Stalker.   Instead of sailing overhead in full super jump, I bounce/flip across rooftops, run along high-tension power lines in Peregrine, or across the tops of fences to get from one mission to the next.

11 hours ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

Mighty Radial Judgement on weaker mobs.

Send an entire platoon to the moon.

Scrapyarders during Scrapyard GM event in Sharkhead.  So so many of them.  Take THAT organized labor!

• Haha 1

7971a8463b3b5c75bcff6e8996a2d95b--halloween-humor-halloween-images.jpg

dojrfctwnload.jpg

Oh, and it's spelled Cackle, not Cack-e... 🙂

Edited by BjorJlen
Sorry, had to Cack-e for a moment lol...
  • Haha 2

Please come and join us on Friday at 2pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (2pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

I remember back during live, an SG teammate used to Power Thrust enemies off rooftops, quickly TP Foe them back to his feet, and proceed PT them off again. It was hilarious and I had to recreate it on Beta! Range Boost and other bonuses to increase range are a must.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, StrikerFox said:

I remember back during live, an SG teammate used to Power Thrust enemies off rooftops, quickly TP Foe them back to his feet, and proceed PT them off again. It was hilarious and I had to recreate it on Beta! Range Boost and other bonuses to increase range are a must.

I wonder how difficult it would be to get the timing down so 1 person could knock the enemy back, then another TP them right back into place midair, then repeat the process...

I love to put a Lightning Storm over my head and fight under it.  The mobs come running up and get blasted away again.  This makes me smile every time.

The other cool stormy trick I love to do is when Direct Strike is in Quick Form jump up in the air and click Direct Strike.  I hold on to that lightning bolt all the way back to the ground.  Reminds me of the the Storm from Big Trouble in Little China who always drops in riding the lightning down.  That always brings a smile to me.

1 hour ago, KaizenSoze said:

Using an knock up attack...

Knock up attack... from a speedster... Lady Grey swells up while you watch...

(sorry)

UPDATED: v4.10 Technical Guide (27p7)... 158 pages of complete, comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

8 hours ago, StrikerFox said:

It will never compare to the glory that was Power Thrust six-slotted for KB and augmented by Power Boost, back before ED when Power Boost still boosted KB... Going to AP and punting Hellions across the zone was endlessly entertaining.

Singing "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming,..." on my pandemic-causing character (that was a year old when the current pandemic started). I don't play it often because I would rather others not assume it was created to make fun of the current health crisis.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

• 4 weeks later

Before I put kb/kd into Lightning Storm, I would cast it at the top of stairs.   Mobs would run up to me, get blown down the stairs, struggle to their feet, and repeat the process.  So funny!

If you take Martial Arts on a medium or short character, Cobra Strike causes you to crouch and stiff arm most enemies right in the crotchal area.  Of course it stuns them.  The first time I discovered this I was ludicrously juvenile for an entire evening.  Actually laughing so hard I had trouble seeing the screen.

Edited by Sailboat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/21/2023 at 7:38 PM, FFFF said:

4. Burn patches / ignite on gatherings of Circle of Thorns on the rooftops of King's Row. I love watching them flee and fall off the edge of those super tall buildings.

I recall stopping to beat up some grey Circle on a roof once, and after I'd easily dispatched them, their victim came over to say something like "thanks for saving my life!" before running and jumping off the roof of this twelve story building...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Seeing what manner of objects I can throw at AVs. Air Conditioners, Stop Signs, Pipes, Kitchen Sinks, etc.

Lord Recluse: "Puny Heroes! You shall.. ACK!"

Me: "Ya ya ya..." *flings toilet*

I silently mourn that the power set isn't available for MMs.

• Haha 2