Imminent < Soon™©

Troo

• 1 month later

Someday is greater than Soon, though on occasion equal to.

Where "get off my lawn" < "I will make a meal of your bones"

tenor.gif?itemid=7752050&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=

dangit, now i'm wondering if the cat thought it could make it to the roof and just failed.. stoopid cat. #catfails

Edited by Troo
  • Haha 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

57 minutes ago, Troo said:

dangit, now i'm wondering if the cat thought it could make it to the roof and just failed.. stoopid cat. #catfails

Behold the power of the -Jump debuff.

• Haha 1

Well, which is it, young feller?  You want I should freeze or get down on the ground?
If'n I freeze, I can't rightly drop.  And if'n I drop I'll be in motion.

2 hours ago, Troo said:

It looks like he was planning to send it, but chickened out and bailed.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Analytical Flame Augmentron Apparatus
Auxiliary Cell Alternator Machine Kit
Superior Disaster Automatron Engine
Bionic Flame Conductron Gizmo
Optimal Data Conductron Machine Kit

Percussive maintenance method 2 - hit with a hammer

y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

200-3153351215.gif.f347b199953bd75f1ca950b51c9b92df.gif

• Haha 6

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Always slipping from my hands
Sand's a time of its own
Take your seaside arms and write the next line
Oh I want the truth to be known

Huh huh huh hu-uh huh

Gotta love @Bionic_Flea

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 9/28/2023 at 7:16 PM, Techwright said:

Yo-Yo Melee

Not as far-fetched as it sounds. The yo-yo, like the boomerang, was originally a hunting weapon.

(I used to live in the Philippines, and they made sure we knew it every year in school. They were roughly the size of a dinner plate, IIRC. You hid up in a tree and waited for some animal to walk under you, then >whammo!< walked the dog on its head!)

• Thumbs Up 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

13 minutes ago, DoctorDitko said:

Not as far-fetched as it sounds. The yo-yo, like the boomerang, was originally a hunting weapon.

(I used to live in the Philippines, and they made sure we knew it every year in school. ...)

They need to update the Wikipedia article then, it disagrees.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• Sandurz: Try here. Stop.
    Dark Helmet: What the hell am I looking at? When does this happen in the movie?
    Colonel Sandurz: Now. You're looking at now, sir. Everything that happens now, is happening now.
    Dark Helmet: What happened to then?
    Colonel Sandurz: We passed then.
    Dark Helmet: When?
    Colonel Sandurz: Just now. We're at now now.
    Dark Helmet: Go back to then.
    Colonel Sandurz: When?
    Dark Helmet: Now.
    Colonel Sandurz: Now?
    Dark Helmet: Now.
    Colonel Sandurz: I can't.
    Dark Helmet: Why?
    Colonel Sandurz: We missed it.
    Dark Helmet: When?
    Colonel Sandurz: Just now.
    Dark Helmet: When will then be now?
    Colonel Sandurz: Soon.
    Dark Helmet: How soon?
Edited by Marshal_General
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

(I used to live in the Philippines, and they made sure we knew it every year in school. They were roughly the size of a dinner plate, IIRC. You hid up in a tree and waited for some animal to walk under you, then >whammo!< walked the dog on its head!)

So the buzz saw yo-yo from Bond is not as crazy as it sounds.

On 11/12/2023 at 10:53 PM, Clave Dark 5 said:

They need to update the Wikipedia article then, it disagrees.

Wouldn't be the first time teachers taught utter BS!

(I work at a university, and not long ago I overheard a professor spouting the discredited "there are Visual, Audible, and Tangible learners" hypothesis. What is true is that actual experience -- doing things themselves -- drives home lessons better than any form of presentation.)

Edited by DoctorDitko
ocd
  • Thumbs Up 2

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

• Game Master
7 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

Wouldn't be the first time teachers taught utter BS!

(I work at a university, and not long ago I overheard a professor spouting the discredited "there are Visual, Audible, and Tangible learners" hypothesis. What is true is that actual experience -- doing things themselves -- drives home lessons better than any form of presentation.)

I have aspergers and find if someone shows me I get it really quickly. If someone gives me a book on how to do it I'm no wiser once I finished. Presentations with slides and examples works, but again it's the visual thing with actual pictures of what I need to know. Working security we generally have visual aids and practical training. It's all in a folder for easy reference, but I mostly use it for door and alarm codes in rarely entered areas. I learned everything I needed to learn following an experienced guard round and watching what he did.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GM Crumpet said:

I have aspergers and...

Yeah, I'm still having fun investigating just how much of that is part of my personality or me trying to adapt to it subconsciously. >.<

• Thumbs Up 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)