Nudity in Game Removal Mod?

5 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Oh, and by the way, I found proof that there is indeed full female chest nudity. I'll take my prize now!

1709454365_Screenshot(101).thumb.png.0d3e0cff7822c1407fe1a3ca633ed830.png

So, you say that is nudity? Where? That is bout offensive as seein your own toe. You and I have a different view as to what nudity is. There is no detail indicatin nudity. You see a lot of snakes wearin shirts where you live cause the ones around here don't.

I understand you're makin sure your kids are not expossed to harmful game play but it sounds like YOU are the one that installed a mod (knowin or not) into the game not the devs or anyone else. Nor did anyone force you to do so.

@Etched

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

In the history of comic book super heroes and villains, there's been far more revealing figures. I think it's because of how the Greeks personified their mythic heroes in art and culture that we see modern story tellers doing similar things in regards to body depictions. Then there's the whole American culture layer added on to it which we can thank the Puritans for. 

That being said, I recommend uninstalling the mod in question if it is found unsatisfactory. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

I (unofficially) took over maintenance of vidiotmaps in February 2021. I can assure any user of vidiotmaps that no such files that modify costume parts have been included in the vidiotmaps mod during my tenure as curator of vidiotmaps.

Further, I've checked my fairly extensive library of older vidiotmap installs and can find no trace of any files which modify costume parts. I've spent a good bit of time digging around in the files that make up the vidiotmaps mod and if any such files were in there, I would have noticed them long before now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Thumbs Up 3

12 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Dude, back off. You will get the absolute worst part of me if you go down that path with me. They are my kids, I will f'ing decide what is best for my kids...not you.

I understand, and agree to a certain extent, but as suspected you either over reacted, downloaded the mod yourself, your wife downloaded the mod or.........  your kids downloaded said mod. So from my point of view, because I play with stock install, there is zero nudity in this game.  So again from my point of view it was more of a ..........................jeez calm down Karen it isn't that bad.

Edited by bophed
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, Etched said:

So, you say that is nudity? Where? That is bout offensive as seein your own toe. You and I have a different view as to what nudity is. There is no detail indicatin nudity. You see a lot of snakes wearin shirts where you live cause the ones around here don't.

I understand you're makin sure your kids are not expossed to harmful game play but it sounds like YOU are the one that installed a mod (knowin or not) into the game not the devs or anyone else. Nor did anyone force you to do so.

@Etched

Dude, relax, I wasn't being serious. I figured me saying, "I'll take my prize now!" kind of indicated that, but no, was not being serious.

2 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

I (unofficially) took over maintenance of vidiotmaps in February 2021. I can assure any user of vidiotmaps that no such files that modify costume parts have been included in the vidiotmaps mod during my tenure as curator of vidiotmaps.

Further, I've checked my fairly extensive library of older vidiotmap installs and can find no trace of any files which modify costume parts. I've spent a good bit of time digging around in the files that make up the vidiotmaps mod and if any such files were in there, I would have noticed them long before now.

Then it is possible that I downloaded the mod from another web site. I will have to check the date the mod was added. I was adding/removing mods from this game before PhiloticKnight's Mod Tool, so it is very possible this mod was installed before the Mod Tool from the original web site. I'll get back to you if I can get a definitive answer on this. In hind sight, I think it is far more likely that I downloaded the original from the original web site (or a mirror site) and then updated it when the CoH Mod Tool came out.

Edited by Solarverse

1 hour ago, bophed said:

I understand, and agree to a certain extent, but as suspected you either over reacted, downloaded the mod yourself, your wife downloaded the mod or.........  your kids downloaded said mod. So from my point of view, because I play with stock install, there is zero nudity in this game.  So again from my point of view it was more of a ..........................jeez calm down Karen it isn't that bad.

Dude, all I asked for was a mod to cover it up because at the time I thought it was something added in to the game...I didn't freak the hell out over it, I didn't make posts that protested it or anything else. If anyone here is acting like a Karen it is you. You need to seriously relax and stop being so offensive. You have already tread on thin Ice with me, I suggest you let this go.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Okay, searched through my folders and yes, I got this mod before you took it over, so my deepest apologies.

Screenshot (102).png

• Like 1

• City Council

If the temperature in this thread could be taken down a notch, that would be swell. (Actually, since the problem has been solved, I don't necessarily see the point in continuing, but I'll leave that one up to you all.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

3 minutes ago, GM Widower said:

If the temperature in this thread could be taken down a notch, that would be swell. (Actually, since the problem has been solved, I don't necessarily see the point in continuing, but I'll leave that one up to you all.)

The mystery has been solved, thank you, GM Widower. You can lock this if you like since somehow it became an ethics attack rather than a thread about the mod. The issue was found and the education on how to remove it was found and we also determined that the mod did not come from the mod tool, I don't think there is anything left to talk about. This thread can only go downhill from here...as you have already seen. I appreciate you, GM Widower, thank you.

• Game Master

Just to add to what GM Widower has said, never download mods (or indeed anything) from anywhere other than official Homecoming sources. We have an excellent modding tool written By Michiyo and they check all the mods to make sure they are good and don't contain hidden nasties, and AbovetheChemist works hard to make sure Vidiotmaps is up to date, bug free and also free from anything that shouldn't be there. The people involved try their very best to make sure nothing slips past, and while it's a possibility it's a remote one. Unfortunately we can't vouch for third party mods and it's very much a buyer beware situation. If something goes horribly wrong we will try to help, but our abilities are limited.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, GM Crumpet said:

Just to add to what GM Widower has said, never download mods (or indeed anything) from anywhere other than official Homecoming sources. We have an excellent modding tool written By Michiyo and they check all the mods to make sure they are good and don't contain hidden nasties, and AbovetheChemist works hard to make sure Vidiotmaps is up to date, bug free and also free from anything that shouldn't be there. The people involved try their very best to make sure nothing slips past, and while it's a possibility it's a remote one. Unfortunately we can't vouch for third party mods and it's very much a buyer beware situation. If something goes horribly wrong we will try to help, but our abilities are limited.

Just wanted to be clear, that looking at my files, I had downloaded that mod before any such mod tool was created. Luckily, I have pretty good knowledge on Mods, so it didn't take me long to figure out where it was and delete it once I was able to determine that the costume was not added my the Dev team. Back then, we all took that risk who downloaded mods. However, that is very sound advice and it is very enlightening that you all go through so much to make sure the mods are safe. Thank you, GM Crumpet.

Edited by Solarverse
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Luminara said:

I misread that as "taken down a crotch" when I was skimming the thread.

Apropos.

It would seem all this talk of nudity has everyone's minds in the gutter.  😛

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Captain Fabulous said:

The flip side to that are the people that just happen to use those costume pieces who don't realize others are going to see them as nude.

I might do a pass on my characters and take out those costume bits.  I suspect I don't use either.  (ack, two characters if I go by their saved costumes, but at least they're wearing skirts)

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, kelika2 said:

If... you knew about nude mods then you would know its client only for mmos.

Isnt this how Hot Coffee started like 20 years ago?

Yep.  Client only is known.    Let's just say if I have a character with that costume on, I don't want someone going "yummy" because of the mod.  It's creepy enough without.

And,  looks like in the file, the costume is bikini_2 which is "Bikini 3" in the costume creator.  And Eden seems to be skin_bare. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1