Murcielago

3 hours ago, Murcielago said:

I think someone said it here but six slotting Critical Strike into DC is insanely good. 

The chance to heal proc from Power Transfer is too good in DC. Strikes is probably better for pure offense though. But it’s hard to pass on turning DC into a 500+ heal when surrounded by mobs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cazden121 said:

The chance to heal proc from Power Transfer is too good in DC. Strikes is probably better for pure offense though. But it’s hard to pass on turning DC into a 500+ heal when surrounded by mobs.

I'm going to have to play around with both to see what I like better, because right now I can't decide. 

• Like 1

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"- Chesty Puller US Marine Corps

10 minutes ago, Broken_Prey said:

I'm going to have to play around with both to see what I like better, because right now I can't decide. 

I can see the merit for having a full set of Strikes in DC. The proc would have a very high chance to activate and you could control when you wanted the higher crit chance. DC on the build I posted on the Scrapper forums recharges in 22 seconds, 18 seconds if I proc Force Feedback. In that time, I can rotate through my attack chain several times and have the same proc activate at least once, sometimes twice. I have a full set of Strikes in Smite and have definitely seen it go off more than once in a 22 second window. The values for damage would be about 15% higher than the slotting I used for DC, but you’d lose out on a lot of utility in endurance recovery and a heal. 

One thing to note about slotting Stikes in DC is that if it didn’t proc, you’d have a 40+ second window in which the Strikes proc didn’t activate. In that case, slotting it in a power like Smite is a much better option because the proc would activate 2-4 times or more in that 40+ second window.

Edited by cazden121
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Murcielago said:

I already have a heal from the incarnate powers so I want moar damage. 

I really do think the heal proc is the way to go. I’m speed running TFs right now on my Dark/Shield and can confirm that in a Smite, Midnight Grasp, Smite, Siphon Life attack chain that the proc can activate twice in that chain. Smite (proc activates) Midnight Grasp, Smite (proc activates again)

I would highly reccomend at least slotting the heal proc. And then slotting DC however you see fit. I’ve slotted the strikes proc in long recharge powers and it’s so aggravating when it doesn’t proc. Because then you have almost a full minute where the proc is not in play. But with the proc in powers like Smite, Siphon Life or Midnight Grasp, you have the potential to have a considerate amount of uptime. I’ve had chains happen where I’m under the 50% proc for almost 15 seconds straight. It’s whacky. But to each their own. I’m just Uber pumped that my favorite build has gotten new life. As you are too!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Murcielago said:

Well damn, spoke too soon. DC is getting it's crit ability removed and being changed to "Dark Equilibrium."

I’m confused now. Did you think the proc from Critical Strikes increased the crit chance only for that power?

So how does this change things from the beta forum in the Dark Melee set changes

"Hey all! Thanks for all of the feedback thus far.

After a lot of consideration and internal discussion, we've decided to roll back the Dark Consumption change to the live values. Shadow Maul changes will remain, and the set might get further reviews in the future.

As there's no more changes planned for Dark Melee in this update, we'll now be locking this thread."

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

How are you guys attack chains? The way I see it on HD and after editing the databse with the changes to SM it becomes pretty powerful. We are talking 655 damage power as opposed to the T9 at 786 damage (and SM doing splash damage, AKA 1300 damage if it hits two mobs).

But even with the changes it is still slow at 2.5 animation. In fact the set is pretty slow and ponderous. Midnight Grasp at 2.3 seconds, Siphon Life at 2.1 seconds, SM at 2.5.

I can do a gapless attack chain out of these three, but the question is do I want to?

With Midnight Grasp, Smite, Siphon Life, Smite, Midnight Grasp, using Smite would be a bit more damage and lowering the slow animations. Two Smites would be 764 instead of 655 and allow to move between each 1.2 animation instead of being locked in place.

I'm not sure where to place the Critical Strikes proc. Siphon Life seems like the more obvious choice but since I want to frankenslot to maximize the heal I'll have to sacrifice something. Smite might proc early meaning it won't be available to buff Midnight Grasp. I suppose I will sacrifice a damage proc in Siphon Life for it.

The set is still a bit light on AoE with SM having a 3 second recharge so /Shield for an extra oomph is not a bad choice, though I ponder if a /Fire Brute would not fill the role as well. Burn is a good ST and AoE skill and while a /Fire Brute is not as durable as a Tanker (the Tanker ATO is preposterous allowing an extra 15% to all res) it does do more damage with fewer mobs (the biggo extra target cap Tankers got is nice and all, but save for farming that advantage does not last for long).

Edited by Sovera

48 minutes ago, Sovera said:

With Midnight Grasp, Smite, Siphon Life, Smite, Midnight Grasp, using Smite would be a bit more damage and lowering the slow animations. Two Smites would be 764 instead of 655 and allow to move between each 1.2 animation instead of being locked in place.

Are the changes good enough to top DPS on the old attack chain of MG/Gloom/SL/Gloom/repeat?

My bad. This is the scrapper forum. They don't get gloom. What about the soul mastery snipe cuz it's instant?

Edited by Bill Z Bubba

19 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Are the changes good enough to top DPS on the old attack chain of MG/Gloom/SL/Gloom/repeat?

Scrappers don't get Gloom. Looking at it on a Brute on HD with fury at 80% and two damage procs it does 383 while Smite with one proc is at 379 on a Scrapper.

Edited by Sovera

On 3/6/2020 at 1:17 PM, Bill Z Bubba said:

My bad. This is the scrapper forum. They don't get gloom. What about the soul mastery snipe cuz it's instant?

Scrappers don't get gloom because they're superior to Brutes. 

• Like 2

I've given a stab at this build. I found myself unable to satisfactorily reach softcap to all (ranged is a PITA to get up much like S/L is on a Sentinel) and so just gave up and took the /Bio approach of getting the defenses to 40% and rely on Barrier's 5% to do the rest.

That said it has a nice frankenslotted Life Siphon returning 247 HP on each use (half of what Radiation Siphon does with the same slotting tbh, but no Contaminated mechanic required), all four attacks have two damage procs (Smite, Siphon Life, Shadow Maul and Midnight Grasp), and Dark Consumption is both in and slotted (for now as an endurance filler but always open to be frankenslotted for damage procs later if its recharge is cut down) up every 55 seconds. Soul drain is sadly not perma at only 36 seconds and neither is Hasten at 132 seconds.

Because we have Dark Consumption I took Assault as well, and took the 45% Musculature. If it proves to be too much Musculature 33% with endurance modification will be used.

I took Focused Accuracy since i sometimes do friendly arena duels but neither it nor Physical Perfection influence the build so they can be replaced by whatever is desired.

Tbh I think it turned out pretty well and elegant.

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Dark Melee
Secondary Power Set: Shield Defense
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Body Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Smite -- SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(A), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(3), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), TchofDth-Dam%(5), CldSns-%Dam(7)
Level 1: Deflection -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ResDam-I(7), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(9), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(9)
Level 2: Battle Agility -- Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(A), Rct-Def/Rchg(11), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(11), Rct-ResDam%(13), Rct-Def(13), Rct-Def/EndRdx(15)
Level 4: True Grit -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(19), TtnCtn-EndRdx/Rchg(19), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(21), Prv-Heal(21), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(23)
Level 6: Shadow Maul -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(23), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), Arm-Acc/Rchg(25), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(27), CldSns-%Dam(27)
Level 8: Siphon Life -- TchoftheN-Heal(A), TchoftheN-%Dam(29), TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(29), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(31), TchofDth-Dam%(31), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31)
Level 10: Active Defense -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(33)
Level 14: Fly -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Against All Odds -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 20: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 22: Dark Consumption -- EffAdp-EndMod(A), EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(33), EffAdp-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(34), EffAdp-Acc/Rchg(34), EffAdp-EndMod/Acc(34), EffAdp-EndMod/EndRdx(36)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(36), Rct-Def/EndRdx(36)
Level 26: Soul Drain -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(37), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(37), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(37), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(39), GssSynFr--Build%(39)
Level 28: Grant Cover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 30: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 32: Midnight Grasp -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(39), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Hct-Acc/Rchg(40), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(40), TchofDth-Dam%(42)
Level 35: Shield Charge -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(42), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(43)
Level 38: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 41: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(45), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(45), UnbGrd-Max HP%(45), GldArm-3defTpProc(46)
Level 44: Weave -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(46), RedFrt-EndRdx(46), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(48), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), RedFrt-Def(48)
Level 47: Focused Accuracy -- HO:Cyto(A), HO:Cyto(50)
Level 49: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(15), Mrc-Rcvry+(17)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(17), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(50)
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion
Level 0: Task Force Commander
Level 0: Portal Jockey
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Core Superior Ally
Level 50: Degenerative Radial Flawless Interface
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon
------------

Looking at the numbers I feel it is a bit of a toss up between both DM/Shield and Rad/Shield.

- Rad edges out with the passive early damage aura that takes the -res procs which will buff everything else.

- But Rad also has slower attacks (Devastating Blow at 2.9 seconds compared to Midnight Grasp's 2.2. Radioactive Smash at 1.8 compared to Smite's gorgeous 1.2).

- Radiation Siphon heals for double of Siphon Life but does require the Contaminated mechanic, though Irradiated Ground just -spams- Contaminated. It may turn out to be a toss up in a longer run.

- Rad seemingly wins hands down in AoE with both damage aura and PbAoE plus Contaminated mechanic.

- In native damage Rad edges out with slightly better numbers. But Fusion only lasts ten seconds where Soul Drain lasts for 30 seconds. With only one target in range both give the same damage boost but needless to say that hitting the fabled 7 target cap Soul Drain blows Fusion's ten second 62% damage buff out of the water with Soul Drain's 30 second buff reaching 130%. Soul Drain being nearly perma negates this native damage advantage had even with just one target in range. As long as it does not miss.

- The -Tohit of Dark Melee is a bit more useful than Rad's -defense. IMO neither is particularly useful overall. Rad has the opportunity to slot a Force Feedback proc in its attack chain that will speed things up.

- DM has an endurance recovery tool. Due to its super long recharge it's not suuuuuper amazing, but it's still there and something /Shield with its lack of Recovery will appreciate.

Overall it is a difficult pick.  DM's Soul Drain buff is its linchpin, but Irradiated Ground taking both -res procs narrows the distance some. Both have heals, both are decent to good ST. The AoE gap might be cut a lot shorter with Shadow Maul's new brutal 120º angle down to a 3 second recharge further more with the damage it does (650 damage on 3 seconds recharge VS Atom smasher 407 damage in 7 seconds) and this not including the Soul Drain buffs further powering it up (918 Shadow Maul for 30 seconds VS 508 Atom Smasher for 10 seconds).

Edited by Sovera
  • Like 1

Felt inspired by the Shadow Maul changes to tweak my build a bit. Here it is:

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Soul Rend: Level 50 Magic Scrapper
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Blaze Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Smite -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(3), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(5), Mk'Bit-Dam%(7)
Level 1: Deflection -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def(7), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(9), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(9)
Level 2: Battle Agility -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(11), ShlWal-Def(11), Rct-ResDam%(13), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 4: True Grit -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(13), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(15), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(15), Prv-Heal(17), Prv-Absorb%(50)
Level 6: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(17)
Level 8: Siphon Life -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), Hct-Acc/Rchg(19), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Hct-Dam%(21), Heal-I(23)
Level 10: Super Jump -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 12: Active Defense -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(23)
Level 18: Dark Consumption -- Erd-%Dam(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(25), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(25), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), Obl-%Dam(29)
Level 20: Phalanx Fighting -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 22: Boxing -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(43), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(46), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), Mk'Bit-Dam%(50)
Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(29), GldArm-3defTpProc(31), UnbGrd-Max HP%(31), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(42)
Level 26: Soul Drain -- Arm-Acc/Rchg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(31), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Arm-Dam%(33), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(34)
Level 28: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def(34), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(34), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 30: Grant Cover -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Midnight Grasp -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(36), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(37)
Level 35: Shield Charge -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(40)
Level 38: Char -- Acc-I(A)
Level 41: Melt Armor -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 44: Fire Ball -- SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Shadow Maul -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(50)
Level 49: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(42), Mrc-Rcvry+(43)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(40)
Level 50: Reactive Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Rebirth Radial Epiphany 
------------

Pretty happy with how this edit turned out. Over softcap on Melee, Ranged, and AoE defense. Solid resists to everything but Psi and Toxic. 5 seconds off of perma Soul Drain, 12 or so seconds off perma-Hasten.

I would be picking Shadow Maul as soon as its available with the update, so please ignore the level selection of it. I was feeling lazy so didn't redo the level order. It was pretty easy to pick it up as I previously had the not-so-spectacular One with the Shield.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sovera said:

I've given a stab at this build. I found myself unable to satisfactorily reach softcap to all (ranged is a PITA to get up much like S/L is on a Sentinel) and so just gave up and took the /Bio approach of getting the defenses to 40% and rely on Barrier's 5% to do the rest.

That said it has a nice frankenslotted Life Siphon returning 247 HP on each use (half of what Radiation Siphon does with the same slotting tbh, but no Contaminated mechanic required), all four attacks have two damage procs (Smite, Siphon Life, Shadow Maul and Midnight Grasp), and Dark Consumption is both in and slotted (for now as an endurance filler but always open to be frankenslotted for damage procs later if its recharge is cut down) up every 55 seconds. Soul drain is sadly not perma at only 36 seconds and neither is Hasten at 132 seconds.

Because we have Dark Consumption I took Assault as well, and took the 45% Musculature. If it proves to be too much Musculature 33% with endurance modification will be used.

I took Focused Accuracy since i sometimes do friendly arena duels but neither it nor Physical Perfection influence the build so they can be replaced by whatever is desired.

Reveal hidden contents

Level 50 Magic Scrapper

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Smite -- SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(A), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(3), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), TchofDth-Dam%(5), CldSns-%Dam(7)
Level 1: Deflection -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ResDam-I(7), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(9), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(9)
Level 2: Battle Agility -- Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(A), Rct-Def/Rchg(11), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(11), Rct-ResDam%(13), Rct-Def(13), Rct-Def/EndRdx(15)
Level 4: True Grit -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(19), TtnCtn-EndRdx/Rchg(19), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(21), Prv-Heal(21), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(23)
Level 6: Shadow Maul -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(23), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), Arm-Acc/Rchg(25), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(27), CldSns-%Dam(27)
Level 8: Siphon Life -- TchoftheN-Heal(A), TchoftheN-%Dam(29), TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(29), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(31), TchofDth-Dam%(31), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31)
Level 22: Dark Consumption -- EffAdp-EndMod(A), EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(33), EffAdp-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(34), EffAdp-Acc/Rchg(34), EffAdp-EndMod/Acc(34), EffAdp-EndMod/EndRdx(36)
Level 26: Soul Drain -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(37), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(37), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(37), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(39), GssSynFr--Build%(39)
Level 32: Midnight Grasp -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(39), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Hct-Acc/Rchg(40), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(40), TchofDth-Dam%(42)
Level 35: Shield Charge -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(42), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(43)
Level 41: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(45), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(45), UnbGrd-Max HP%(45), GldArm-3defTpProc(46)
Level 44: Weave -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(46), RedFrt-EndRdx(46), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(48), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), RedFrt-Def(48)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(17), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(50)
------------

Glad you're joining the DM/SD gang, Sovera!

One thing right away is that you should definitely be taking Phalanx Fighting. It's a flat 3.75% defense to your Melee, Ranged, and AoE. And it grows for each teammate you're near. Perfect LotG mule too. I'd also try to fit the Absorb proc from Preventive Medicine in True Grit. The proc is probably better than the 4 set bonus from Titanium Coating.

14 minutes ago, crkohl said:

Glad you're joining the DM/SD gang, Sovera!

One thing right away is that you should definitely be taking Phalanx Fighting. It's a flat 3.75% defense to your Melee, Ranged, and AoE. And it grows for each teammate you're near. Perfect LotG mule too. I'd also try to fit the Absorb proc from Preventive Medicine in True Grit. The proc is probably better than the 4 set bonus from Titanium Coating.

I need to be in a eight yard range of a team mate though, which seems super circumstantial to be relying on. If others wish to do so I'd say go for it.

I'm going to say you're probably right regarding the Preventive proc. I feel True Grit is too valuable to slot 'empty'. I tried ignoring the resist side, for example, and aim for a full Preventive medicine chasing the recharge, but that was about 5% less resists across the board. Switching to the proc is 60HP less, which I'm going to say yes, the proc is worth the trade for. Full heal slotted it's only 275 as opposed to 204 with just the +5 heal

15 minutes ago, Sovera said:

I need to be in a eight yard range of a team mate though, which seems super circumstantial to be relying on. If others wish to do so I'd say go for it.

I'm going to say you're probably right regarding the Preventive proc. I feel True Grit is too valuable to slot 'empty'. I tried ignoring the resist side, for example, and aim for a full Preventive medicine chasing the recharge, but that was about 5% less resists across the board. Switching to the proc is 60HP less, which I'm going to say yes, the proc is worth the trade for. Full heal slotted it's only 275 as opposed to 204 with just the +5 heal

Actually Phalanx Fighting gives you 3.75% defense to all positions automatically WITHOUT any teammates. The teammates within eight yards only grows that number. Seriously it's basically a must take for how good it is.

Edited by crkohl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, crkohl said:

Actually Phalanx Fighting gives you 3.75% defense to all positions automatically WITHOUT any teammates. The teammates within eight yards only grows that number. Seriously it's basically a must take for how good it is.

Really? Is HD lying to me? To the HD-mobile!

Edit: You're absolutely correct. Time to move things around.

Edit edit: I believe I'm going back to my dropped plan which is removing Weave. One free power, one less toggle, in this case a heap ton of slots to re-distribute. Still keep Barrier for the last 5%. Going inside the box would be ignoring Barrier and taking Ageless, but do I really need more endurance and recharge? I don't think so. Barrier is a nice panic button and 5% more res across the board.

Edited by Sovera
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Sovera said:

Reveal hidden contents

Level 50 Magic Scrapper

Hero Profile:
------------

Looking at the numbers I feel it is a bit of a toss up between both DM/Shield and Rad/Shield.

- Rad edges out with the passive early damage aura that takes the -res procs which will buff everything else.

- But Rad also has slower attacks (Devastating Blow at 2.9 seconds compared to Midnight Grasp's 2.2. Radioactive Smash at 1.8 compared to Smite's gorgeous 1.2).

- Radiation Siphon heals for double of Siphon Life but does require the Contaminated mechanic, though Irradiated Ground just -spams- Contaminated. It may turn out to be a toss up in a longer run.

- Rad seemingly wins hands down in AoE with both damage aura and PbAoE plus Contaminated mechanic.

- In native damage Rad edges out with slightly better numbers. But Fusion only lasts ten seconds where Soul Drain lasts for 30 seconds. With only one target in range both give the same damage boost but needless to say that hitting the fabled 7 target cap Soul Drain blows Fusion's ten second 62% damage buff out of the water with Soul Drain's 30 second buff reaching 130%. Soul Drain being nearly perma negates this native damage advantage had even with just one target in range. As long as it does not miss.

- The -Tohit of Dark Melee is a bit more useful than Rad's -defense. IMO neither is particularly useful overall. Rad has the opportunity to slot a Force Feedback proc in its attack chain that will speed things up.

- DM has an endurance recovery tool. Due to its super long recharge it's not suuuuuper amazing, but it's still there and something /Shield with its lack of Recovery will appreciate.

Overall it is a difficult pick.  DM's Soul Drain buff is its linchpin, but Irradiated Ground taking both -res procs narrows the distance some. Both have heals, both are decent to good ST. The AoE gap might be cut a lot shorter with Shadow Maul's new brutal 120º angle down to a 3 second recharge further more with the damage it does (650 damage on 3 seconds recharge VS Atom smasher 407 damage in 7 seconds) and this not including the Soul Drain buffs further powering it up (918 Shadow Maul for 30 seconds VS 508 Atom Smasher for 10 seconds).

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later

Blessing of Tielekku gets you ranged, aoe, and melee soft caps. Note +5's on io's.  S/L resist capped.  Perma hasten with the incarnates ( a couple FF procs and you are over perma).  You could use the -res proc from Fury of the Gladiator in Shield Charge really. 

If you don't want to get the Blessing (+ 2.8 to all defense for like a hundred hours or whatnot):  lose the LotG in Deflection for a normal Defense invention and put the LotG in Phalanx fighting. You lose the Kismet... whatever. Then just fully slot Mako's  in Smite. Yeah I was just being cute there anyway.

Then you can also interchange whatever you like with the Grant Cover. Like Shadow Meld or even Veng to use and fit the last LotG.  Whatever floats your boat or finds your lost remote.  

Just my take. I run with pretty much these same stat number's without Shadow Maul in the build at the moment. Stupid fun. Zero end issues by t3 Ageless Total Core. 

One last thing I nearly forgot to mention... I currently have Superior Critical Strikes slotted in Soul Drain and the same cumulative +Recharge of 102.5%. This makes SD perma with hasten and ageless up. Ageless is about a second off permanent and can be made perma with FF procs. So there is that. 

Cheers^^

Blue Slide: Level 50 Magic Scrapper
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Smite -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(3), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(5), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), CldSns-%Dam(13)
Level 1: Deflection -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(7), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(7), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9), TtnCtn-ResDam(9), TtnCtn-EndRdx(11)
Level 2: Battle Agility -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(11), ShlWal-Def(13), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(39)
Level 4: True Grit -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Absorb%(23), UnbGrd-ResDam(25), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(25), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(27), UnbGrd-Max HP%(37)
Level 6: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(29), Rct-ResDam%(29)
Level 8: Siphon Life -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Hct-Acc/Rchg(15), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(17), Hct-Dam%(17), Heal-I(19)
Level 10: Active Defense -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(31), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 16: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 18: Dark Consumption -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(19), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(21), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23)
Level 20: Against All Odds -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 22: Phalanx Fighting -- Ksm-ToHit+(A)
Level 24: Tough -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam(27), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(31), Ags-Psi/Status(37)
Level 26: Soul Drain -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(33), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(33), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), GssSynFr--Build%(34)
Level 28: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 30: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(39), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(39), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(40), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(40), AdjTrg-Rchg(40)
Level 32: Midnight Grasp -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(34), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(37)
Level 35: Shield Charge -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Arm-Acc/Rchg(42), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Arm-Dam%(43), FrcFdb-Rechg%(43)
Level 38: Shadow Maul -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(43), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(46)
Level 41: Moonbeam -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Apc-Acc/Rchg(46), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(48), Apc-Dam%(48), StnoftheM-Dam%(50)
Level 44: Grant Cover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: One with the Shield -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 49: Super Speed -- Clr-RunSpd(A), Clr-EndRdx(50)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 41: Quick Form 
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon