Account bound Accolades..

For a price.

5m-25m inf. each accolade from the P2W vendor.

varying prices for varying reasons

the ice gun does not seem like its worth 25m

and if you already did one of them once then paying 5m-10m for something like tf commander for a new alt seems about right.

change the P2W versions icon colors into that silver/grey tone the rest of the temp powers have to appease the "oi, i did it so you should have to, too!" crowd

Now before you nut please take a moment to think at how much the time stacks up to do these per alt and how many times you joked about "lol altitis"

• Thumbs Down 2

The only accolades I typically care about are the stat boosting passives and demonic/eye of the magus. The HC staff did what the OP is asking for PvP, as a means to lower the bar for people to engage in PvP. These accolades are not something that is required to play PvE, but are something that is gained along the way as you play your character.

Hmmm as I think on this one I think they should be earned individually per character. I'm trying to avoid thinking about doing this myself on around 200 characters since HC started. Rather than use the well I didn't the hard way you should too mindset, I think that there's not really precedent for account wide boosts of this magnitude so therefore I'm not in favor of the request.

Completely against this.  Accolades are just that - a reward for doing something great or difficult.  One should not be able to just purchase them for any amount of in-game or real currency.  Too many people are requesting "easy-buttons" for this game and then we hear "the game isn't challenging enough."  This request only adds to making things too easy and skipping content.  

And yes, I get these accolades on ALL my alts and I am happy to do the work, play the game, and achieve these rewards on each character.  Again, they mean something to me to have them on my characters.  

Edited by Frozen Burn
filthy typos!
  • Thanks 3

I always love these proposals...  "I really want these on all my characters, but not badly enough to actually work for them.  So, please trivialize the cost without changing the benefits!"

Hard no.

• Like 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

Translation: "I've spent months farming and I have billions of Inf and I'd like all of the accolades on all of my characters but I don't want to actually do anything other than farm. LoL."

jrangersmall.gif.61f0f73dd3687cc1ffd63cf8694b421f.gif

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

I don’t support the suggestion in the first place, but your prices are pretty laughable. If we were to add the ability to skip content and buy accolades right away, I would think that would need 6-7 figure costs.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, kelika2 said:

Now before you nut

too late..

this idea sucks.

i'm not saying you suck, just this suggestion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

More constructively, for each character folks can already do this on the test server, Heck folks can already do this on all servers in Bloody Bay, Siren's Call, Warburg, Recluse's Victory.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Personally, I think the benefits of badges (accolade powers, earning Vanguard merits, the Ouroboros portal power, Midnighter Club access, etc.) should be account-wide. Aside from accolades, they're all seemingly just a checkbox that you did the tutorial for the thing they're gating anyway. (If anyone wants more of my reasonining, I'm glad to explain myself; I get that this is a crazy opinion in the first place.)

By all means, still make each character earn the badge itself for bragging rights.

I wouldn't support selling them for the RMT reason, though, so no to the actual OP suggestion.

7 hours ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

I always love these proposals...  "I really want these on all my characters, but not badly enough to actually work for them.  So, please trivialize the cost without changing the benefits!"

You would be surprised at how much 10-25m can add up considering how many accolades there are and how many alts we have

and if you have just one character and zero alts with 3 firefarmers you can be excused from your own example because thats the only way i can see your point

• Thumbs Down 3

12 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

You would be surprised at how much 10-25m can add up considering how many accolades there are and how many alts we have

and if you have just one character and zero alts with 3 firefarmers you can be excused from your own example because thats the only way i can see your point

Considering how often there have been comments from players calling for a means to spend their billions of inf' saved up in these forums? Or the plethora of posts about how quickly players can accumulate the requisite inf' with just a single farmer character or playing the market? You may be surprised at how little 10-25m does not add up even with all the accolades in the game.

• Thanks 2

• Developer

Regardless of anything to do with the meat and potatoes of this particular suggestion, or RMT, or anything like that, it's worth mentioning that doing Account-Wide reward systems in general in this game (in a non-hacky, clunky way that would make the game worse) is... a nightmare, to put it extremely lightly. Unless some signiiiiificant work happens behind the scenes, most account-wide rewards are off the table for the foreseeable future. The very few account-wide things we do have in the game are problematic as-is on the back end and, far as I understand, an active detriment to the actual performance of the game as a whole.

Never say never, of course. Trust me when I say I'd love to be able to do more account-wide reward structures, and I'm certainly not alone in that on the development team. But yeah, I'd advise extremely tempered expectations on any and all account-wide feature suggestions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8

19 hours ago, kelika2 said:

10-25 mil is a rounding error. Anyone who knows what they are doing (and those that don't, that's why we have forum guides in the market section) can make that in literally minutes.

2 hours ago, golstat2003 said:

10-25 mil is a rounding error. Anyone who knows what they are doing (and those that don't, that's why we have forum guides in the market section) can make that in literally minutes.

and your sample size is one accolade of seven and for one character

another variable is peoples tolerance for firefarming.  i personally can only do it once or twice a week if that.  using the extreme of some dude who does it 24/7 aint right

3 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

another variable is peoples tolerance for firefarming.  i personally can only do it once or twice a week if that.  using the extreme of some dude who does it 24/7 aint right

So if it is a couple minutes for 1 out of 7 for one character. then it is about 14 minutes for all 7 for 1 character, repeatable for the rest of that player's characters with equally negligible effort? Especially if they build that wealth through use of the market which they can do without even being logged on?

On 1/17/2024 at 6:32 AM, Luminara said:

@Jimmy just shut down one RMT trader who was trying to get his/her account back, so their decision NOT TO ENCOURAGE RMT hasn't changed.

To be fair OP's post does not make any mention of real money, only ingame currency.

(Sidebar, I have no idea what metrics they use to determine whether an account is involved in RMT things but whatever they are can't be that good because I had two or three accounts banned for it back in 2019 despite those accounts only containing a single level 1 or 2 character that had never seen any more inf that what could be earned by killing a few Hellions in AP.)

EDIT: Apparently it's just one account, but still.

Edited by macskull
hi jimmy

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

On 1/17/2024 at 12:18 PM, arcane said:

I don’t support the suggestion in the first place, but your prices are pretty laughable. If we were to add the ability to skip content and buy accolades right away, I would think that would need 6-7 figure costs.

9 or ten figures!

Who run Bartertown?

4 hours ago, kelika2 said:

I wasn't talking about making inf by fire farming. Fire Farming is the slowest way to make inf. The other methods, well documented on the forums can make 100 mil easily in an hour. So yes, again, 10-25 mil is nothing.

Edited by golstat2003

I think DCUO had/has this in effect.

you can purchase trophies or whatever that you have earned on other characters

It's just a money sink and incentive to play those characters less.

If this was in effect it would be possible to have a level 50 character fully IO'd out with all accolades in less than 24 hours

this doesn't sound fun imo

I play the game because I like playing the game

If all you have to do is sit in a farm and pay a bunch of money to cap out

how is it any different than playing an idler game?

As an older person I can honestly say too much focus is placed on the destination

I've found in life the journey is far more enjoyable.

• Like 1

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

Nope, for a few reasons including the obvious "opens the door to a constant game of whack-a-mole with GMs closing down RMT trader accounts."

Most of the Accolades are Window Dressing anyway, and the Core Set "worth getting" are easily gotten during the leveling process of any given toon. Anyone who wants the others can just go get them. It isn't that hard. If we're talking the "But Stych, I'm a completion-ist and I won't be satisfied without all of them on every toon!" objection then my question is "Is it really all that satisfying to just buy them? Is that really completion-ist-ism? Doesn't seem like it to me."

Also ...

On 1/16/2024 at 11:02 PM, kelika2 said:

Now before you nut

Seriously? Sheesh. Show some class in your OP and your ideas might be more well received. Not this one, because it isn't a good idea, but in the future you might have more luck without such antagonistic nonsense in your initial suggestion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

5 hours ago, InvaderStych said:

Seriously? Sheesh. Show some class in your OP and your ideas might be more well received. Not this one, because it isn't a good idea, but in the future you might have more luck without such antagonistic nonsense in your initial suggestion.

Dont come to suggestions to be liked.

Seriously if you think its just me then lol.  negativity is just a thing here.  Stick around for a bit and read other threads.  its the same 10 or so people all the time

Gatta give to receive.

• Thumbs Down 2