To players who haven't the money for Enhancements: use your Merit Reward points

So, I'm trying to find a way to get a return worse than using a reward merit on an SO. I'm coming up blank. 

Before the stores carried them available at level 5, I might spend a reward merit or 20 on SOs, because the boost was worth it to me. Unlike many of you who team up and get 5 levels a session, more often than not, I'm solo, so I level more slowly and get more bang for my buck. At least, that was my rationale. 

Was it smart? Nope. Did I care? Nope. Did I tell other folks they should do this? Nope. 

Making influence at level 1 is easier in this game than it was for me at level 50 on the retail version. The inf is there if you want it. Read Yomo's guide, or watch Dahle's guide on YT. It's dated, but still has some great pearls in it. 

• Like 1
  • Banjo 1

In other news, you can put a waterwheel under your tap, run it all day, and charge up your toothbrush!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

14 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

If you run DFB, it drops SOs at your level.

I would hate to say grind for them, but that is one method.

Also, go and hunt around on the /AH. Sometimes you can find really good deals on SOs.

Why would I say that? I put all the SO's that I don't use on the market for 1 inf and, honestly, I /ah most of the ones that drop my characters. If I can't slot it, I put in on the /AH. Sometimes, I even buy some and put them on the market.

TBH you could do this since DFBs are almost always availible blueside.

And if you wanted you could easily end up being in your mid 20's still grinding away on DFBs if you wanted. 

Ive often wonered how long it would take to grind DFBs until you hit 50. 

• Banjo 1

17 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

TBH you could do this since DFBs are almost always availible blueside.

And if you wanted you could easily end up being in your mid 20's still grinding away on DFBs if you wanted. 

At one point dfb was the fastest way to hit 50 I think it got changed to more or less slow down after 20 if I had to guess a time I would think 6-9 of dfb with 2x exp

• Thanks 1
  • Banjo 1

1 hour ago, Haijinx said:

I actually ran into someone at one point that said that they had done that.

I'm not for grinding myself.

• Thanks 1
  • Banjo 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

7 hours ago, Zect said:

I'm pretty sure this is an elaborate April's fools post.

Given the OP's posting pattern seems bent on picking up where Diantane left off with the blockheaded delusions and misinformation, I doubt it.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

On 3/31/2024 at 4:05 PM, temnix said:

For a long time, playing, I have run into a problem that my characters never have money to fill their slots with Single-Origin Enhancements.

Your forum account was created on February 14th and you must have a forum account to make a game account.  This means that, at the time of this post, you have been playing for a maximum of 44 days.  You have NOT been playing for a long time.

Most of your post is objectively bad advice.  Please understand that my goal with this statement is to inform other new players reading this thread so that they will know not to do these things.  At the very minimum, a better strategy is to take the reward merits, buy converters and sell them on the auction house.  One reward merit buys 3 converters, which sell for around 70,000 inf.  There are *FAR* better strategies to make money, but they require more time and knowledge.

• Thanks 1
  • Banjo 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

9 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

Your forum account was created on February 14th and you must have a forum account to make a game account.  This means that, at the time of this post, you have been playing for a maximum of 44 days.  You have NOT been playing for a long time.

Sure he has. The OP is clearly an Alt-Troll account of someone who's played the game awhile. He's deliberately trolling, he's deliberately saying stuff to rile people up in hopes that they'll react so that he can report them to the who mods who'll swoop in and ban-hammer you for telling this person exactly what you should be allowed to tell them.

Don't let yourself be baited by this person.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

30 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Don't let yourself be baited by this person.

Troll or not, the point I made in my post is valid.  I was posting to make it clear it was bad advice so that new players aren't led astray.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Banjo 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

10 minutes ago, Andreah said:

The OP seems to want to do it this way because he's poor. 

I see it the other way around -- He's poor because he does stuff this way.

Oooo, that's a line worthy of The Sphinx in 'Mystery Men'.

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Edited by Ironblade
  • Banjo 1

1 hour ago, Ironblade said:

I think he's one of the returning players that played in the old days.  (I think he said that in one of his wall of texts)

He does seem to be latching onto poor memory of how things worked and at the same time making wild assumptions on how things work now.

Or, he's been trolling.   Still a good idea to point out the objectively bad advice without putting in personal insults.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

1 hour ago, Triumphant said:

Guys, it was posted on April 1st.  C'mon.  Do the math. 😄

What happens when, a month from now, some new player uses search to find money-making advice and lands on this post? It's a good thing some people decided to point out its flaws even it the OP was a troll. Also, Poe's law doesn't get April 1st off.  On the small chance that they're on the level, it's good to at least try to educate them.

• Banjo 1

1 hour ago, Triumphant said:

Ok, so how do you explain the other 385 posts that he made that weren't on April 1st but are just as bad?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Banjo 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

2 hours ago, Triumphant said:

You should see the OP's post history.

• Banjo 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I've been playing since the old days and I've never received a Merit Reward point.  How many points do you need for one reward merit?  Are other benefits accrued with Merit Reward points, like frequent flier miles, or free trips to Spankyland?

• Banjo 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

8 minutes ago, Luminara said:

I've been playing since the old days and I've never received a Merit Reward point.  How many points do you need for one reward merit?  Are other benefits accrued with Merit Reward points, like frequent flier miles, or free trips to Spankyland?

Merit Reward Points are received based on the amount of Inf that you mail to other players. I can help you get a lot of Merit Reward Points by allowing you to email me as much Inf as you'd like.

You can spend them at the ATM in your Supergroup Base, or the ATM at Wentworths in Kings Row, to buy IO recipes and badges.

• Haha 2
  • Banjo 1

26 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Merit Reward Points are received based on the amount of Inf that you mail to other players. I can help you get a lot of Merit Reward Points by allowing you to email me as much Inf as you'd like.

You can spend them at the ATM in your Supergroup Base, or the ATM at Wentworths in Kings Row, to buy IO recipes and badges.

I heard you only get them if you email a bird themed account 

• Thanks 1
  • Banjo 1

3 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Ok, so how do you explain the other 385 posts that he made that weren't on April 1st but are just as bad?

Well, okay then.  I got nothing.  😄🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1
  • Banjo 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

2 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

No Spankyland?

I feel as bad as I did the first time I used Envenomed Blades.

• Haha 1
  • Banjo 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.