unwritten rules... #1 - 10

21 hours ago, Sovera said:

9. If you're the Tank don't go showing off how well you survive by abandoning your team of squishies to solo the other half of the map.

Ugh.  That's one of my pet bugaboos.  I've seen far too much of that on PUGs, to the point that it occasionally makes me want to tank just so I know that I'd have an actual tank on the team and not someone playing a safer Scrapper, and I hate playing a tank.  Too safe and too dull for me.

• Banjo 1

Blasters, don't expect me to cleanup your scraps after a nuke.

Tanks, it don't take forever to say you have Fold Space.

Kheldians, yeah I'll take care of quantums on my schedule, not yours.

Stalkers, I'm sure you have other attack powers besides Assassin's Strike, use them.

Supports, if you spam unnecessary heals, I swear I will pull every mob and stand next to you so when they kill me, you'll be right there.

• Banjo 1

20. If you announce your TF to be a slow, defeat most, kind of affair, don't ask "Ok with you if we speed this?" after starting the TF just because the reqruitment took five minutes.

//Jack

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well I have others.”

― Groucho Marx

21. If your team insists on pulling because they're worried about silly stuff like "experience debt," "I just got my teeth fixed!" or "being able to actually complete the mission with out 19 hospital trips," teach them a lesson by pulling with Fireball. We're heroes, not zeroes!

• Haha 4
  • Banjo 1

On 4/7/2024 at 9:08 AM, Luminara said:

3aacbc2cab51c306cfcd3258e2432247.jpg

I tell people this rule when I lead a Numina TF. I seem to occasionally get people that don't remember what I told them when I launched the TF so when I find them just waiting in Eden while we the hunt is in Atlas Park, I typically kick them.

• Banjo 1

F.  The Hamidon just ended.

•  MSR will start when we have enough people to start.

VI. No AOEs means NO FRIGGIN' AOEs.  If you don't know what NO AOEs means, pipe up and ASK.

• Like 1
  • Banjo 1

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.

23 hours ago, DougGraves said:

Announce it before the mission ends.  There is no need to wait.

If the next mish door turns out to be the same door or within a few hundred yards, tt is not needed.   No sense burning it and not having it when the next mish is in another zone. 

23. Not every character is as fast as you, so don't be so eager to run off to the next mob all by yourself.   MMs in particular have to wait for pets to catch up, even if the character can move fast, but not everyone has a speed power to begin with.

Edited by Black Tangent
  • Like 1
  • Banjo 1

39 minutes ago, Black Tangent said:

If the next mish door turns out to be the same door or within a few hundred yards, tt is not needed.   No sense burning it and not having it when the next mish is in another zone.

Announcing TT before exit is good for when you know it will be in a different area.    Many Task forces for example, exiting the second mission in Penny's is a popular TT.

On Dr. Q, usually people set up an order, since TT is very useful there. etc...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

Not sure what number we are on, but here's a few archetype rules: 

Blaster - keep getting ganked when aggroing the whole room? Target through the tank, he'll appreciate the help.

Controller - when teaming at low levels, use tab to lock down as many enemies as possible with your single target holds

Defender - team up

Scrapper - you are not the tank

Tanker - take Taunt, use it.

• Banjo 1

Torchbearer: Flitz (MA/SR Scrapper), Lead Hose (AR/Dev Blaster), Red Rag (Fire/Fire Brute) ... and many more!

On 4/7/2024 at 8:48 AM, Sovera said:

9. If you're the Tank don't go showing off how well you survive by abandoning your team of squishies to solo the other half of the map.

If you're the anybody, don't go off soloing the other half of the map.

This is not a tanker issue.  Unless the team is just embarrassingly overpowered for the content.. play as a team.

And also, playing as a team means sharing responsibility.  A good nine times out of ten when someone falls on a team, it's because they did something unwise.  Not because it was ONE person's job to keep them alive no matter how reckless they were.  I can't tell you how many times have I have tried typing "Now don't everyone just run into the middle of this ro....." only to finish it "... or THAT will happen."  Did I really NEED to say something?  The tanker that's been cannonballing into every spawn just pulled up short and stopped.  Maybe notice that?

Stalkers and Scrappers are GREAT at eliminating bosses and other troublesome single enemies.  Controllers/Doms are fantastic at neutering whole groups but also at focusing those same troublesome enemies and turning them into statues.  Too often, I think people ignore their chosen AT's specialties in a race to simply do the most AoE damage.  Congrats on 4x overkilling all those trash minions, guys.  But it seems an Executioner has again brained Bob the Blaster when nobody else was looking!  Poor Bob!

• Banjo 1

my number 1 travel rule is... pee while you can! 😁

• Banjo 1

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours" the Cheshire Cat

"Ce n'est rien de mourir; c'est affreux de ne pas vivre"

(It's nothing to die, it's terrible not to live) Jean Valjean

"وطن المرء ليس مكان ولادته و لكنه المكان الذي تنتهي فيه كل محاولاته للهروب”

(Home is not where you were born, home is where all your attempts to escape cease.) Naguib Mahfouz

On 4/7/2024 at 12:01 PM, DougGraves said:

Announce it before the mission ends.  There is no need to wait.

Sometimes I'll type out "tt after this mission" on the way to a mission.

• Banjo 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

7 hours ago, NotsoevilDM said:

Controller - when teaming at low levels, use tab to lock down as many enemies as possible with your single target holds

Yep. I hardly run Troller types, but when I do, I focus on Lt's and bosses for single target. If they're not there or dead, cycle through via tab. Good advice!

• Like 1
  • Banjo 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Explosive Arrow - Whenever possible, prior to blasting the enemy, position yourself so your blast lobs the enemy at the Tank's feet. Be sure to say "Delivery for you Sai."

• Haha 1
  • Banjo 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

ALWAYS use control and AoE type powers on spread out mobs. Letting the tank gather them up so everyone's AoE and mob holds have the most effect is just weird. You HAVE to show you're 'teh one'

Edited by shatterpoint
  • Banjo 1