Favorite characters you play

Wanted to share a fun post as there are so many playstyles in COH. Let's list your top 4-5 characters you play. 

I'll go 1st.

Chronotricity- Elec/Time Corruptor

Freezer Geezer- Ice/Cold Corruptor

Shroominator- Rad/Nature Corruptor

Wazaam- Mind/Sonic Dominator

Let's here your top picks...

• Like 1

More recently:

- Ill/Dark troller

- Dark/Ninja blaster

- Plant/Thorns dom

- Necro/Dark MM

- hard to pick between my Fortunata, Peacebringer, Warshade, Beast/Nature MM, Shield/Psi tanker, or my up & coming Dark/Dark dom. :)

Game over man, game over!

• Whoever I'm leveling or just leveled.
  • A random 50 that I was logging in to sell off stuff with.

To be clear, I have a number of 50s I practically never log in on, but that second group alone might be something like half a dozen easy.

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I keep trying to find a Dark Dark combo that is “it” lol.  One if the issues is vampires are so ill suited to almost anything. Luckily they are ill defined.  

currently maining a Dark Dark Blaster. 

favorites?  
Fire3 Blaster is THE meta.  So much power and fun. Good thing it has a rez. 

AR/Dev Blaster.  This is a hoot, safe, but I prefer the Dark Dark.  Living on the edge with a PBAoE is just a…blast. 
Dark Dark Corruptor.  Safer than the Blaster. Not as satisfying as the Blaster. I know it is more powerful than the Blaster.  But it lacks crunch.  
I do not melee much at all anymore.  I feel the safety is unnecessary and the builds are so locked in.  Constricting. But I have a Dark Dark Brute with around 1450 badges.  Lets put that down as a favorite. It lives on the edge of sanity, depending on CoH oddball mechanics for 1/2 of its survivability. 

I find myself concentrating on these, roughly in order:

• Characters I am leveling
  • Characters I am "finishing" (accolades, certain temp powers, sometime incarnates)
  • Characters I am "accumulating" with (AH, merits)

When I have to pick from my roster teaming, I prefer to use a character that has some "hybrid" characteristics, like control/damage or buff/debuff. If it is more of a low/no AoE character I try to go with damage/survivability.

Old Standbys:

KR Devil, AR/TA/Fire! Blaster

Souler, Dark/Fire Tank

One of many solo toons on Torch, taking the old school route to 50.

New stuff:

*Been running a lot on Everlast. Interesting feel there. Teaming feels different. Pace seems a bit less frenetic.

*Been playing "The Dysh," my obligatory Arsenal Dom. Her gun pet is "The Spoon." (I guess Lore pets will be Fork and Knife. IF I get that far):-) Arsenal control is a ridiculous set, by the way. 

*I've run various versions of Whipsmart on all shards, most often as a blaster of some kind. However, never did anything involving an actual Whip. So I'm trying to actually "whip up" a petless Demon/Traps MM with the 3 whip attacks, augmented by whatever makes sense for an athletic, tech kinda guy (which means folding in Toxic Dart, among other things). That's gonna be HARD to make work, without higher damage tier stuff. I'll have to throw down the debuffs and find some procs and sets that help. Not subjecting anyone else on Everlast to my insanity, though. He's straight solo.

* Rebuilding Everlasting's version of Major Viktory, after stripping everything. It's more chore than "fun," but there's other "Majors" out there, including a "Maj. VIctory," so I feel like I'm part of some unofficial SG inspired by CATCH-22.:-)

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Currently focusing on getting Red Rag (Fire/Fire Brute) to 50, although there is still plenty of alting going on.  

Torchbearer: Flitz (MA/SR Scrapper), Lead Hose (AR/Dev Blaster), Red Rag (Fire/Fire Brute) ... and many more!

Good grief! You want me to filter the list to how many?  Hmm...

Major Ray Gunn - Energy/Energy blaster

Control Tower - Illusion/Storm controller

Vincent Poe - Dark/Dark corruptor

Grill N. Chill - fire/ice blaster

Sea Fury - storm/water defender

I've also a couple of ones rising through the ranks that will become pretty special, I'm sure.  But honestly, I love all my children and cannot put one over the other.

16 hours ago, graeberguinn said:

Let's here your top picks...

The one that I'm currently playing.

The one that gets on teams.

The one that I'm thinking about playing next.

The next one I'm planning on making.

The one that hasn't gotten to 49 yet (because I'm not leveling any more to 50)

• Like 2

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

5 hours ago, Luminara said:

The cannibal, the apostate, the queen, the elemental, the avatar, the soldier, the shaman, the ensorcelled.

Tinker, tailor, soldier, spy?

The butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker?

... someone needs to make some theme teams.

(As far as answering the OP? I'm in the "whoever I'm on" camp. I've only dealt with trying to level one character I thought was decidedly not fun, and that was because I was trying to get one of each MM to 50 and being stubborn about the bots/FF that was boring me to death... finally said the hell with it and farmed him up and shelved him. Hasn't been remade here.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I cycle thru my alts fairly regularly...but of the bunch I'd have to say my faves currently are; 

Major Holocaust - FM/RA Brute

General Killerwatt - BR/EA Sentinel

Frost Iron - DP/IM Blaster

Sir Chopsalot - BA/EA Brute

Psi-Lent - PB/TM Blaster

My main is an Elec/Kin Corruptor. She's always fun. Hmm... four others are probably...

Bio/Savage Tanker

Shield/Battle Axe Tanker

Elec/Elec Tanker

Fire/Rad Tanker 

The Shield and Fire Tankers herd with Fold Space. 

Favorites to just pick up and play?  Among my roster:

• Spines/Ice Scrapper who has some of the best AoE potential among my melee characters and solid survival options
  • Thermal/Ice Defender, when a team needs strong support this is my go-to
  • Arsenal/Trick Arrow Controller, my latest Controller who is a debuffing monster and has a lot of power in all the patches I leave behind.
  • Illusion/Arsenal Dominator, my latest Dominator who packs a surprising punch.  Managed extremely high recharge so my downtime is minimal on all fronts.
  • Poison/Pistols Defender, debuff all the things!  Also probably just my favorite concept across my 50s, being a poison-dealing science gorilla.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Miss Megahertz - elec/shield scrapper. All time favorite.  Spawns are like bugs on a windshield.

Mary Queen of Scotch - necro/dark MM

Ogrebane - Bio/MA tank

Sidesaddle - fire/fire dom

Freedom toons:

Illuminata

Phoebros

Mim

Ogrebane

18 hours ago, Greycat said:

Tinker, tailor, soldier, spy?

The butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker?

The cannibal wants to know if that was a menu or just the daily specials.

• Haha 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

20 hours ago, ZekeStenzland said:

These sound like major arcana from a Shadowrun tarot deck… 😁

I have my first edition copy of Shadowrun right next to me.

• Thumbs Up 3

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

for Melee

My super Strength/shield brute is just oodles of damage with rage+fury+against all odds toss in some force feedbacks procs and its let the bodies hit the floor time.

for range

On teams (which is rare) I like my AR/nin blaster, not terribly strong but fast and has got a treat for every trick

solo (mostly) energy/Martial blaster cause you get some KB, you get some KB, you get some KB lol

• Haha 1

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?