Frostfire solo with no insp at level 15

Which AT is most successful in doing that? Difficulty setting enemy level +1 and one hero. And bosses.

I tried yesterday with a time/DP defender. His holds got me even though i had all slows and debuffs on him.

I think a blaster long range blast would be the best?

Or a regen scrapper?

Edited by gronbek
  • Like 1

I solo'd Frostfire easily at level 13 on a Brute today.  Just trigger him then run around a corner and wait for him to get into melee.  An easy fight for any melee.

• Like 1

Almost anything, he's an EB not an AV. If you want to do it without inspirations, then something with mezz protection (tank, scrapper, brute, stalker, sentinel), but be aware that some sets don't get their mezz protection until lvl 16.

• Like 2

Please don't choose or build a character singularly on doing Frostfire.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Microphone 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, High Beam Prime (someone else has her non OG name)

Just anecdotally, the earlier you clobber frostfire, the easier time you're going to have. I think it's at level 12, he gets his imps. 
As mentioned mez protection is a safe bet, but if you can hold him first, you should be fine. There's just not that many slots available for that in the early levels. You might get him held, but can you keep him held until you kill him? This is why we play, right? To see if we can. 

I've solo'd Frostfire on many characters. I don't usually pre-buff with inspirations, but I'll use a breakfree if I need to. It never occurred to me to look at it like it was some kind of challenge. The only time it's interesting is when you have a full team and you ramp the difficulty up.

I feel like some posters are being a tad harsh on the OP.

I think being able to solo Frostie is a laudable effort, regardless of how "difficult" he is these days.

We all know the game is significantly easier now than it was on live and it was much easier late live than early but for a long time (I'd say until DFB) Frostfire and the Hollows arcs generally were a right of passage for those of us who love running content. In one sense I think Frostfire was so much of the only realistic option it put some players off it

Is it impossible? I doubt it but I have little interest in attempting it myself because I don't generally enjoy melee characters and I'd struggle - but that doesn't mean it's not a worthy or important personal benchmark. Will it wow the entire CoH playerbase across all known (and unknown) multi-verses? Highly unlikely. Will it give the player a sense of achievement and glow of prize. Very likely!

The game is to be enjoyed  by whoever plays it - and if that's their bag, then I say go for it and have a blast* doing it! I've said before and will continue to say, there are as many ways to play this game as there are players. You do you!

*that's not an AT suggestion btw

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

I solo'd him with a level 15ish energy/devices blaster recently... but i died once and had to run back so I guess that doesn't count?

In fact I don't know that I've ever NOT solo'd him if it was my mission. Maybe defenders would have a hard time?

I forget to add that i actually play permadeath. Do my lvl 15 time/dp defender is burried 🙂

Frostfire is much harder than any normal boss. Up until frostfire i had 0 issues with bosses without insp.

yeah this is meant as a challenge really. +1 enemy level and no insp and permadeath is not so easy.

He has holds and summons. My slows and debuffs was not enough to keep me alive.

I could have played it more safe, camping at the elevator but i wanted to do it the manly way.

On 6/18/2024 at 3:29 AM, gronbek said:

Which AT is most successful in doing that?

The one with a team.

That is a great mission and there are many players that love to run that one.

Seems a waste to me to solo it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Yep.  Solo on this is very different on an SR Brute vs one of my Empaths.  I'll need virtually every trick in the book if I want to not spend a lot of time running back from the Hospital with my Empath.  The Brute probably just has to make sure PB isn't on cool down

On 6/18/2024 at 12:29 AM, gronbek said:

Which AT is most successful in doing that? Difficulty setting enemy level +1 and one hero. And bosses.

Easiest fight with Frostfire was with a Traps/AR defender. Laughably easy. Acid mortar makes short work of them. And FFG is great protection at that level range.

I had the fight set at +0, but I suspect +1 wouldn't be much more of an issue.

Beat him with a Archery/WP Sentinel, which was not easy. Had to use Insps, though.

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.