Multiple Auras

Razor Cure

Could it be possible to add auras to certain powers or effects for instace Broad Sword and have an aura on the sword itself and the attacks ? it lacks a bit of oomph in my opinion and adding say a fiery aura to broad sword could be nice, just an idea.

18 hours ago, swordchucks said:

If you're going to do something like this, can you add an option somewhere that lets us turn off the auras on other players (and ourselves)?  This is going to make MSR look even more like a puddle of Skittles-filled vomit than it already does.

This please.

My PC is ok but I turn graphics way down in  a raid, especially particles. (I keep sight distance high though.

• City Council
On 10/31/2019 at 7:20 PM, Zepp said:

Question @Number Six, for the color palette that @Cipher is working on, would inputting colors by hexcode be workable? It may be just me, but it would make getting magnificent 5E093F rather than far less desirable 611240 much easier...

The current way I have it mapped out (and prototyped) is as follows:

• The existing palette remains but is moved into a sort of tabbed view that goes between that palette and the new colour picker
  • The new colour picker as the following:
    • An HSL colour square that you can use to pick colours
    • R/G/B input (with text entry and sliders)
    • H/S/L input (with text entry and sliders)
    • A smaller palette of colours that are in use in the costume already (so that you can easily use a colour on multiple pieces by selecting it again)

The HSL square / picker looks something like this:

fi3jnll.png

I could add a way to just enter / paste colours in hexidecimal (RRGGBB) form as well, though with the other inputs in place it may or may not be worth the UI clutter.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• City Council
8 hours ago, Odhinn said:

This please.

My PC is ok but I turn graphics way down in  a raid, especially particles. (I keep sight distance high though.

Enabling or disabling the view of auras is a good idea and definitely something that we'll look into 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

22 hours ago, Cipher said:

The current way I have it mapped out (and prototyped) is as follows:

• The existing palette remains but is moved into a sort of tabbed view that goes between that palette and the new colour picker
  • The new colour picker as the following:
    • An HSL colour square that you can use to pick colours
    • R/G/B input (with text entry and sliders)
    • H/S/L input (with text entry and sliders)
    • A smaller palette of colours that are in use in the costume already (so that you can easily use a colour on multiple pieces by selecting it again)

The HSL square / picker looks something like this:

fi3jnll.png

I could add a way to just enter / paste colours in hexidecimal (RRGGBB) form as well, though with the other inputs in place it may or may not be worth the UI clutter.

Having both RGB text input and hex would be redundant. It's easy enough to either do the conversion in one's head or use hex2dec in Excel.

Edited by Zepp

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

59 minutes ago, AeternalDreamer said:

Would it be possible to have multiple things for the head too? Like multiple detail 1, multiple detail 2? One example that a lot of people have wanted, was masks and horns, or glasses and horns.

Nobody wants a cigar and a beard...

Edited by Zepp
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

On 10/29/2019 at 4:08 AM, General Idiot said:

If nothing else, I'd love to see the path auras split off into their own slot rather than having to choose between a path aura and a normal aura. I'd love having two or three slots for normal auras too though.

However, a clientside option to disable multiple auras on other players' costumes may be necessary if this goes ahead. Some people do still play this game on toasters after all, and might not appreciate having to render 50 extra auras on screen during a mothership or Hamidon raid. Theoretically it shouldn't be hard to get it to only show, say, the first aura slot if the option is enabled, though standard code rant definitely applies there.

I totally agree with this for sure. I did find it strange that they would be separated. Now if you can put path and normal aura together that would make any character look cool like a couple of alts I play with.

On 8/25/2019 at 9:24 PM, Razor Cure said:

Just like it sounds..let us have more than one. Either all over, or different body parts (like flame eyes, sparkley hands etc).

I really want to have fireflies AND a blazing path aura (maybe the path auras could be tied to ss/sj?).

Strangely enough but it can be done. I have an alt that uses the sorcery power set and when I fly it has an the magic aura that works with the butterfly aura I'm already using. Maybe it could be easier for developers to hook an aura thru your powerset of choice and then allow you to use aura as the choice you want as a secondary to do what it does now.  To really go into character creator and play with aura on each body part may be a huge job for programmers to do. I remember it taking months for color choices on powersets so fire for example can be changed to different colors. What do you think all. We can have it but keep it simple.

13 hours ago, Zepp said:

Nobody wants a cigar and a beard...

I just googled people smoking cigars and the images are ... strange.

Cigars are weird.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=people+with+cigars&iar=images&iax=images&ia=images

Edited by Herotu
  • Haha 1

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

• 1 month later

As long I have the option to turn the ugly ass seizure inducing glows so I don't have to see it, I got no problem. I have only used 3 auras on just as many characters and this is since they added it way back on live.

Now if I could filer out other hits.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

• 1 month later

How possible is it to convert the current aura system into a modular one like the rest of our costumes?

So instead of picking an aura and selecting between arms or legs, we do the opposite and select what individual limbs get certain auras?

eg. smoke on left arm, tendrils on right leg, glowing on eyes, fire on hair, electricity on body, and so on.

Edited by Tyrannical

• 7 months later
  • 1 month later