Patch Notes for August 27th, 2019

Leandro

23 minutes ago, Wompy said:

- Regarding the snipe changes and /devices.  To get the slow version (to do more damage) you need to toggle off targeting drone but this means you lose the  targeting drone damage buff.  

The to-hit buff will increase fast snipe's damage. So if you have +22% to hit, it will still do the higher damage.

1 hour ago, Caulderone said:

From the RC1 Patch (Aug.23):

Icy Assault:

Chilling Embrace: now does a small amount of cold damage every 2 seconds.

Ice Slash recharge lowered from 20 to 17 seconds, damage scale lowered from 3.56 to 3.08

These aren't listed in the patch notes above.  Did they not make it into the live build, or were they left out/reverted?

It looks like it was removed because it interfered with Flash Freeze.  I was excited about the change too but I understand why it had to be scrapped.  I'd imagine there will be changes to Ice Control far, faaar down the road.

Thanks to all who made this happen.  It looks good, and I'm looking forward to playing as soon as I can!  (curses work)

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

• Developer
5 minutes ago, Tater Todd said:

It looks like it was removed because it interfered with Flash Freeze.  I was excited about the change too but I understand why it had to be scrapped.  I'd imagine there will be changes to Ice Control far, faaar down the road.

Was not removed, was just missing from the patch notes. Should be back there. Should also note: the damage in Chilling Embrace will not hit sleeping targets.

10 minutes ago, Tater Todd said:

I've been for what felt like, SO long...

You tell me...

Edited by Captain Powerhouse
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

1 hour ago, Caulderone said:

From the RC1 Patch (Aug.23):

Icy Assault:

Chilling Embrace: now does a small amount of cold damage every 2 seconds.

Ice Slash recharge lowered from 20 to 17 seconds, damage scale lowered from 3.56 to 3.08

These aren't listed in the patch notes above.  Did they not make it into the live build, or were they left out/reverted?

6 minutes ago, Tater Todd said:

I'm confused that this is unclear; the following has been in today's patch notes literally since they went up (I found the thread 1 minute after it got posted, and checked for the chilling embrace change):

• Ice Slash: Recharge increased from 10 to 17 seconds. Damage increased from 114.5 to 179.8 damage.
    • Chilling Embrace: increased radius to 15ft. Added -10% damage str to affected enemies. Power now deals cold damage every 2 seconds to foes that are not under the Sleep status effect. Slightly lowered the speed movement debuff.

That clearly states the cold damage got added to the power, and that it doesn't interfere with sleep.

As for ice slash, the previous patch notes were building on ones before. This is showing the change from previous live, rather than a previous beta.

20 minutes ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

Was not removed, was just missing from the patch notes. Should be back there. Should also note: the damage in Chilling Embrace will not hit sleeping targets.

*Mocking Voice* Should not hit sleeping targets.*/Mocking Voice*  Cut the crap!  Are you a wizard or something?!  Hrm, this probably means all critters that are disoriented, sleep, held whatever are flagged which makes sense.  I mean that's probably how Containment work on Controllers but...*brain sets on fire*.

16 minutes ago, esotericist said:

I'm confused that this is unclear; the following has been in today's patch notes literally since they went up (I found the thread 1 minute after it got posted, and checked for the chilling embrace change):

That clearly states the cold damage got added to the power, and that it doesn't interfere with sleep.

As for ice slash, the previous patch notes were building on ones before. This is showing the change from previous live, rather than a previous beta.

Esoterist, to be honest...I value your ability to keep a clear mind because to be honest I did NOT have the ability to scroll up and look at the patch notes and see that the changes to Chilling Embrace is still dealing damage every 2 seconds.  I am currently psychically screaming because a change that I've desired ever since I started playing this game finally happened.  I am far too emotional right now to process this news let alone read...like anything.

Edited by Tater Todd

• Developer
10 minutes ago, Tater Todd said:

*Mocking Voice* Should not hit sleeping targets.*/Mocking Voice*  Cut the crap!  Are you a wizard or something?!  Hrm, this probably means all critters that are disoriented, sleep, held whatever are flagged which makes sense.  I mean that's probably how Containment work on Controllers but...*brain sets on fire*.

Each power attribute and attribute group can have formula expressions. These expressions can check any stat on the target, or source, to evaluate if the effect is valid at that time or not. In this case, it just make sure the sleep "stat" is not above zero (that means, asleep.)

• Thanks 3

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

Oh cool, some /Dev love that just generically adds damage instead of fixing even part of the sets problems (Sets with "Setup times" suck)

Ideas for Traps/Dev proper fixes:

Caltrops, trip mine, time bomb, acid mortar, gun drone, triage beacon, etc:

Now instant cast, no longer ground targeted, instead, the Mortar & Explosives have a short arm time, and the explosives scale up from 30-100% Damage over their old cast durations once dropped.

Beacon/Mortar/Explosives/Caltrops are dropped at your feet instead of being targeted on the ground (Some already work that way i know, but they should ALL be that way, so you can just jump into a group and click caltrops, instead of trying to click it on the ground and targeting an enemy instead half the time, that kinda thing)

Gun Drone: Needs to work more like a proper limited pet, Attacks with more along the lines of Burst & Heavy burst so it has some AOE utility. It's a freaking T9 power after all. And the fact that you decided to "Re-work" Devices and COMPLETELY IGNORE one of the most disappointing T9's in the game.....

Seriously, L45 Water/Dev against some L42 minions, it took 5 full bursts from it to kill a single minion and it has no AOE

Other secondary T9's are: Total focus, Midnight Grasp, Hot feet (Another one, for another day) Frozen Aura (Natch, lateeer) Shocking grasp, Eagles Claw and Psychic Shockwave

Every other set with an offensive T9 has a huge melee attack or in the case of Psi a very solid AOE, Fire/Ice/Dev get stupid underperforming skills, and Dev is the worst of the 3 IMO, it's the only one that can be straight-up killed without doing literally anything

Either: A.) The drone needs to be waaaay tankier and it's ST Damage needs to be higher, or B.) It needs more attacks and some AOE Damage to make it worth using in big fights

Or C.) Make it a multiple-choice toggle power, like dual pistols ammo (EG: Taking the "Combat drone" Power unlocks 2 toggles that summon either a fire support or a team support drone and are exclusive with individual cooldowns)

Overall, i'm underwhelmed by basically all these changes, it feels too much like "Changing things to look like we're doing something important" instead of "Fixing the actual problems the sets have"

Not to mention the scaling changes, you guys doing the dev work realize that doms have a pretty high inherent melee scaler, right? They're SUPPOSED to hit like a train in melee (Like blasters) Because they're a squishy class, right? THEY HAVE A HIGHER MELEE SCALE THAN RANGED! (Source: https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Damage#Damage_Scale )

Meh, lets see how this all plays out after a week.

Edited by Zerethon
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Snipe changes

Well one of my alts is a blaster.  So I have been running missions to test the snipe changes.

He was slotted up to always have snipe perma at L25+ but that required 2 regular hit buff IO in tactics and 4 of the Guassians (all with the to hit bonus)

So this change took a minute to get used to as I wanted to see what would activate fast snipe now. 

Aim and Build up separately or alone will not activate turbo snipe.  Attacking or being attacked is the only way.

But I find now that using a quick low level attack electric fence or one's origin power should be enough.

Overall I had gotten too used to always perma, this is an interesting change.

Edited by Nericus

It is awesome and miraculous that patches continue to come out and improve our beloved world.

**THANK YOU**

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

8/27 Patch Issue: Steam Controller

Steam Controller not fully Recognized when running

Homecoming

Steam Controller was fully recognized prior to 8/22, 8/23, 8/27 Patch

Currently

Homecoming (Safe Mode)

fully recognized the Steam Controller.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Cix said:

Did we get freespecs with this patch?  I derped and respec'd my Grav/Energy last night without considering these changes.

Respec recipes are selling for a couple hundred (edit) thousand (/edit) Inf on the AH.

Edited by Rathulfr

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

• City Council
2 hours ago, Amatyr said:

Well, quite. Aid Self will need some love if you can't reduce the interrupt.

To be honest I’m not convinced Aid Self should be interruptible in the first place.

But yeah, my comment about the enhancements isn’t something that would happen if they still served a useful purpose of any kind.

• Like 6

Concern about the concealment: Invisibility change - before with the Only Affect Self, a tanker, certain Defenders, and similar could sneak in invisible, then decloak in a group and have their taunt aura/debuff toggles immediately start affecting the group and themself. With the OAS removed, that functionality sounds like it might be lost, requiring me to manage toggles and start combat debuffed. If it is to remain OAS, can you look at having Invisibility suppress PBAOE toggles that affect enemies out of combat?

I also have some concern about retaining a separate identity between Invisibility and Stealth. The small stealth buff in combat is nice, but not the only reason I use the power, particularly if I can put defense sets in Invisibility.

Edited by J-Naught
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Wompy said:

- Regarding the snipe changes and /devices.  To get the slow version (to do more damage) you need to toggle off targeting drone but this means you lose the  targeting drone damage buff. 

This is not the case, you have slow snipe out of combat and fast snipe in combat regardless of TD being on or off, however more +tohit = more snipe damage so there is no situation where you would want TD off ever unless you really hate the little floating box, speaking of the box, TD customisation please, you could so a skull/bird/fireball, options from things already in game are significant.

• Like 3

With regards to the new PvP sniper set - it's my fault for not getting to test server, but given that the enhancement in the AH is purple, the recipe in the merit vendor is purple, but the recipe in the ah is orange..I'm a bit confused as to whether or not a pvp io, say a panacea would convert into one of the new sniper enhancements. 

7 hours ago, Leandro said:
  • Added the following costume patterns from Derek Brown: Chisel, Crosshair, Grid, Oculus, Tech Shield, Trident and Widget.
  • Enabled the Malaise pattern for players.

Love the updates, but I do not understand what this means? Who is Derek Brown? Are these costume sets, or just color patterns?