Sets you would play but...

DR_Mechano

4 minutes ago, MetaVileTerror said:

But I need Speed Boost!   I need it to live!

You've got Siphon Power! You've got Transference!  You've got farking Fulcrum Shift!

*drops to his knees and pounds the floor in rage*

"YOU DON'T NEED SPEED BOOST!!!"

...whoa, flashback.  Sorry about that.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2019 at 1:25 PM, daHob said:

It's not to the point of not playing it, but I really don't understand why they decided one of the beam rifle attacks needed to sound like a sad trombone.

When that set was new, one of my friends back on Liberty dubbed it "Barnyard Rifle"... Apparently the sound effects reminded him of the cattle his family had when he was growing up. XD

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

On 9/5/2019 at 6:24 PM, synfoola said:

Howl in Sonic Blast just doesn't fit. Everything else sounds otherworldly...and then you unleash howl and sound like a dog left in a kennel while the fam goes on vacation...

I told my friends last night that if I could pair up Sonic/Staff I'd make a Viking and sub all the Sonic Attacks with sound bites from Bugs and Elmer in the "What's Opera, Doc?" episode.

I suspect most folks know which cartoon I'm talking about and if you don't, that's just sad.

https://www.topcartoons.tv/whats-opera-doc/

Edited by Oubliette_Red
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

I think one aspect of why I don't use Psy blast is Ice exists and Mental fits in if need be for theme.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Most of the time it's the sounds for me. The demons constantly screaming destroys my ears, Beam Rifle, it's good but it sounds like someone is scratching with something sharp on a piece of glass to make that ear-murdering sound.

"Yeah, I think I'm peeking too, and I'm pika-pika-pikatchu."

7 hours ago, Ibarra said:

Most of the time it's the sounds for me. The demons constantly screaming destroys my ears

Try this:

/macro Eat "petsayall <em eat>" (might have to omit the <>)

Then either place the macro somewhere you can easily trigger it when idle/shopping/etc, or use a bind with powexec_tray to point to where you placed that macro, to activate it.  Your demons will sit there quietly munching on a bone, instead of growling/howling/screeching. 

Heh, most of the time I play with the speakers turned down so I can listen to Netflix, YouTube, or Hulu.

Kinetic Melee is one I forgot why I didn't play it.  The animation time is so ridiculously long for one about speed energy, especially when you're used to Energy Melee or Stone Melee.  Yeah, it's building up the movement energy to hit hard, but I feel like it's wasting my time.

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

A lot of the time I play with the game muted or the sound way down so sound effects don't really bother me enough to stop me playing a powerset. There are only a handful of things that really stop me from playing a powerset:

• It's weak. While no powerset is bad to the point of being unplayable, I have a hard time enjoying powersets like non-Sentinel Electric Blast or Tanker Ice Armor knowing the character would be meaningfully more powerful with another primary or secondary. This only applies to a handful of powersets so it's not a huge limiting factor, fortunately.
  • It doesn't fit my playstyle. Regeneration is probably the best example I have because it offers very little proactive mitigation so it feels kind squishy in a lot of content with burst damage and when it isn't squishy, I feel like the clickies distract me from my main purpose: dealing damage.
  • It's ugly or covers my whole costume. Most notably Stalkers and stuff like Granite Armor because not seeing my costume/looking like anyone else of the same AT/powerset takes away a big part of my character's identity. I do enjoy a Warshade, though, but I guess that's down to the pretty unique gameplay that comes from constantly switching between the different forms.
  • It feels "clunky". Don't really know how to describe this, but it's basically sets like EM with glacial animation times without enough oomph to offset them. 

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

I'm more about visuals with that said...

Ice Blast is very "meh" to me and unspectacular to say the least. The Blizzard is just "ice storm but a little more."

I hate Dark Armor for the simple fact that the Cloak makes your outfit never appear (SERIOUSLY: DEV'S FIX THIS!)

Energy Melee is just downright awful to play. Yeah it hits hard, that's about it, the animation times on it are just "kill me"-level.

Zombies as an MM are absolutely not my gig I hate them dearly. Sooooooo beyond annoying to work with on how slow they are.

AR is annoying to play.

Bio Armor is so ugly, even with MinFX

Battle Axe visuals are an eye sore, I'd never play this on a bet. Same for War Mace. Or Broad Sword. These are some of the most hideous melee animations there are, they're a real hack job to me (sorry if there are some who love these sets.)

Sets I'm thinking about trying but I'm not sure really how they feel or play and I want to eventually become familiar with them:

Elec Control / Gravity Control / Dark Miasma / Nature Affinity / Poison / Sonic Res / Traps / Demons / Dual Blades

Cant do Sonic blast. It's both annoying and inconsistent... pew, RAAAAAAH!, dog howl, weeeeeoooooweeoooweeoo...

Cant do Robotics or Beast Mastery. Bots for the constant stomping and beasts because they yelp and whine when they get hit and it makes me sad.

And Spines. I cant seem to ever make a costume look good with them. No matter what color or style of spine I use.