Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

5 minutes ago, Player2 said:

This is so great that it makes me want to completely reevaluate The Mystery Monster...

kf6NBYR.jpeg

I'm looking forward to see what you come up with. The Omega/Bioluminsecence mashup you've got going on looks like it works pretty well. Also, that pose for the screenshot is perfect.

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

I've finally gotten around to resurrecting a particular trio of characters I had back on live, a team I called "Los Colores". They're triplet sisters from Argentina. I was originally inspired to create them after reading about a town in Argentina that has a very disproportionate number of multiple births. There is a theory that Nazi Dr. Wossname had something to do with this, as he performed experiments with twins in concentration camps, and fled to Argentina after the war.

The sisters call themselves, "Colores Primarios", "Colores Secundarios", and "Colores Neutrales". They wear costumes that are identical except for the colors. I haven't had time yet to get a full set of screenshots, but I wanted to share this one of Primarios because of the completely inappropriate comment from a Skull in Kings Row.

primariosinsult.jpg.e822156bf96f16b1446a0d55911c2acf.jpg

Edited by RikOz
Converted PNG to JPG
  • Like 4
  • Haha 7

Here's my fish monster-thing since it seems to be the thing right now, lol. This is Gillie Freeze a Ice/Earth Dominator that my mad scientist Elaina Wrath created. I'm still not sure specifics with this gal other than wanting to do something with the fish head, gloves, and boots, so I'll need to put some thinking into her bio, but otherwise I'm pretty happy with how she turned out.

Gillie.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bo

This is Freezing Night, an Ice/Dark corruptor.
Freezing_Night.png?width=1920&height=108

• Like 4

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

14 minutes ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

Tried to do something where 5th Column meets Wolfenstein.

I like how the look came out (especially the back), but despite trying for an actual villain on this one, I get pretty uncomfortable playing what is obviously a fascist character at times. 😕

299908067_Screenshot2021-02-23124548.thumb.png.a9541ff70be922b51d1832404187eda6.png

Awesome design.

And I know this sounds like an empty platitude, but how is playing a fascist character any different than playing murderers, monsters, and other villains?  But really it's just a game; you aren't the characters you play and the whole being a villain thing is just part of exploring the storyline laid out by the developers when they wrote the villain side missions from different perspectives.

I too have a fascist character, and I gave mine a history dating back to actual Nazi times due to her having become immortal and still kicking around... hence her more old school look for a 5th Column agent.

O9Mt9dD.jpeg

Edited by Player2
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Player2 said:

And I know this sounds like an empty platitude, but how is playing a fascist character any different than playing murderers, monsters, and other villains?  But really it's just a game; you aren't the characters you play and the whole being a villain thing is just part of exploring the storyline laid out by the developers when they wrote the villain side missions from different perspectives.

I too have a fascist character, and I gave mine a history dating back to actual Nazi times due to her having become immortal and still kicking around... hence her more old school look for a 5th Column agent.

I'm not who you were asking (and my comments here are probably better suited to their own thread), but I honestly have a hard time playing redside as a villain altogether. Part of the problem is that this game commits a RPG no-no: It constantly tells me how my character feels and what his/her motivations are. I can put up with this when I play blueside, because at the very least I typically agree with the motivations/feelings, and I would like to imagine that I would do the same things my character does if I had real superpowers. (I mean, my main characters in WoW were paladins, and the first characters I've rolled in every other MMORPG I've tried have been whatever that game had that was closest to a paladin.)

Redside, though, seems to consistently want to paint my villains as mustache-twirling degenerates who commit evil for sake of being evil. The game won't let me decide for myself why my villain is a villain.

Back on live, however, I did have one "fascist" character. He was a joke character, though, and I rolled him on blueside. His name was "Grammar 5th Columnist" and he did nothing but sit in chat, correcting people's grammar and spelling. I got tired of the joke and deleted him after only one "session" :D

Edited by RikOz
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, RikOz said:

Back on live, however, I did have one "fascist" character. He was a joke character, though, and I rolled him on blueside. His name was "Grammar 5th Columnist" and he did nothing but sit in chat, correcting people's grammar and spelling. I got tired of the joke and deleted him after only one "session" 😄

Still funny, even if for only one session.

But yeah, for all of people saying how red side content is so much better, I think it's definitely a writer failure to dictate player characters' feelings and motivations.

10 hours ago, Jawbreaker said:

The chest piece on Blowhole looked like a mouth to me, so I present...

Francis. Devourer of Innocence.

I hope this character speaks IN ALL-CAPS ALL THE TIME BECAUSE AAAAAAARGH!

• Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Francis is amazing. Like if Arnim Zola were a TOTAL BADASS.

• Like 1

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

Decided to make another Praetorian and flesh out the backstory of one of my other characters, Lost Little Boy a bit more.

Here is the ex-Seer, codenamed "Psikosis," who is the biological mother of Lost Little Boy. A native of the city now called First Ward, she was a star-crossed lover of the mutant technopath hero Tech Shepherd who was one of the first field operatives from Primal Earth to explore the Praetorian dimension. Unfortunately, with Marcus Cole scouring the globe for potential psychics, Tech Shepherd defied his lover's wishes and took his newborn son back to Primal Earth, believing a prophecy that if he stayed in Praetoria, he would be instrumental in bringing about the overthrow of Primal Earth. Distraught over his decision, she erupted in an emotional psychic maelstrom, drawing the attention of Mother Mayhem and eventually leading to her capture. However, due to the ongoing machinations of the Resistance and Syndicate, Psikosis was able to free herself from the network and begin the difficult process of reconnecting with her child and rebuilding her life. (Mutant Dominator Mind/Psi)

Aqlyc4S.jpg

L8NQvD3.png

9Ah5XEY.jpg

• Like 5

Well, here is Colores Secundarios in all her glory. She received the same insult Primarios heard from a Skull about her costume burning his eyes, and she probably deserved it more than Primarios did :P

secundarios.jpg.de9b7010065363f38ace7636a6cb2dca.jpg

Not gonna bother posting Neutrales - her costume is identical to the other two, but in black/gray/white.

Edited by RikOz
Converted PNG to JPG
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 2/24/2021 at 1:10 PM, Cutter said:

Really liking the blue-green (bleen? grue?)

Teal? Turquoise?
😛

Edited by Shocktacular

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs so far.
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.