Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

19 hours ago, Virtual Green said:

Asymetric shoulder options can't come soon enough!

Resistance shoulders can already be done with asymmetric as an option ...

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

4 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Resistance shoulders can already be done with asymmetric as an option ...

That much is true, but unfortunately, only the right shoulder can be equiped.. Hence why I can't wait for the HC team to find a way for us to have every shoulder piece asymetrical!

6 hours ago, Carandiru said:

too nice, less the boots(no combine)

Yeah... I wanted something a bit more protective than just sandals, and I thought the Roman armor was too "expected", if that makes any sense.  Cheers!

The Great Server-pocalypse of July 2020 is upon us, and while I wait, lurking in the forums, I figured "Why not?", so I've dug deep into my character shots from the game of yore to produce two that might be at least mildly interesting:

Lumineon, originally  dubbed Neon Knight during development, was an early attempt to create a neon look, both in costume and in power colorization, without actually having neon elements to costumes (At the time, that is.  That has since changed for some costumes).   As a kinetic melee, each of his powers were given individual colors, chosen to give off a neon-like glow.  He looked pretty good in the tunnels under Praetoria, though I did always hate the pipes sticking out the back of the shoulder pieces.

Lumineon3.jpg

The second shot was the original look of my Vincent Poe, a dark/dark range striker.  I don't show him for his costume, which is pretty standard, but his face.  Nowadays, he's a corruptor, and was retconned to a bit of a teenage techno-goth look.  But originally, I was making a concerted effort to give him two costume looks:  Edgar Allen Poe, and Vincent Price.  Sadly, though I worked hours with it, I could never get the costume creator to deliver a believable Poe, but spending a lot of time fine-tuning the face sliders, I was able to get a passable Vincent Price.  

VincentPoe.jpg

Edited by Techwright
  • Like 14

f3r6YZH.jpg

and Her Sister...

E1VB0Ve.jpg

Spectrums powers are different colors from the color spectrum.

hxB3LNs.jpg

Recreated the Ill/Rad Troller I had back on Live, with a couple of improvements that is

o5lZLJD.jpg

Edited by malfeitor
  • Like 12

5 hours ago, Techwright said:

The Great Server-pocalypse of July 2020 is upon us, and while I wait, lurking in the forums, I figured "Why not?", so I've dug deep into my character shots from the game of yore to produce two that might be at least mildly interesting:

Lumineon, originally  dubbed Neon Knight during development, was an early attempt to create a neon look, both in costume and in power colorization, without actually having neon elements to costumes (At the time, that is.  That has since changed for some costumes).   As a kinetic melee, each of his powers were given individual colors, chosen to give off a neon-like glow.  He looked pretty good in the tunnels under Praetoria, though I did always hate the pipes sticking out the back of the shoulder pieces.

Lumineon3.jpg

This is really slick. I've done something similar with a baby Sentinel named Neon Beast - but she is far more garish. I might have to revisit her, taking some of your design aesthetic in mind.

image.thumb.png.7d6758d87af3a3ef997171972232c3c0.png

• Like 5

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

Had a name, made a costume, now I need a new name...

Stone/MA tanker who stole power from both the Circle and the Tsoo. He survived the melding of corrupted magic and ritual tattoos - barely - but is horribly disfigured as a result.

image.thumb.png.3ce43747553343a0daf748db3e5b0f7b.png

• Like 4

@Cutter

6 hours ago, Cutter said:

Had a name, made a costume, now I need a new name...

Stone/MA tanker who stole power from both the Circle and the Tsoo. He survived the melding of corrupted magic and ritual tattoos - barely - but is horribly disfigured as a result.

image.thumb.png.3ce43747553343a0daf748db3e5b0f7b.png

This one is very different, I liked 

• Thanks 1

Global: @Agent Archer

On 7/3/2020 at 4:02 PM, Techwright said:

Lumineon3.jpg

joker_clap.gif&f=1&nofb=1

• Haha 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

1 hour ago, Rathulfr said:
2 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Et Tsoo

Et Tsoo, Brute?

Pretty much ... although since a Stone/MA Tanker is not a Brute, I wasn't going to take the joke THAT far, but rather let anyone else draw the inference on their own.

Now, if the character WAS a Brute, then totally.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

5 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Pretty much ... although since a Stone/MA Tanker is not a Brute, I wasn't going to take the joke THAT far, but rather let anyone else draw the inference on their own.

Now, if the character WAS a Brute, then totally.

Cutter, please immediately reroll to Brute to save the universe. Thank you.

• Like 1

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

On 7/4/2020 at 12:20 AM, Cutter said:

This is really slick. I've done something similar with a baby Sentinel named Neon Beast - but she is far more garish. I might have to revisit her, taking some of your design aesthetic in mind.

image.thumb.png.7d6758d87af3a3ef997171972232c3c0.png

Just a recommendation - swap the yellow in her leg with the pink in her hair & make the head piece green for a more natural color transition.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Starwind said:

Just a recommendation - swap the yellow in her leg with the pink in her hair & make the head piece green for a more natural color transition.

Thanks for the suggestion - I don't know from colour theory! The pink < > yellow swap does flow much nicer (I'm keeping all the jagged elements the same lilac for some amount of consistency).

@Cutter