New badge tracker

KeyboardKitsune

Some alignment stuff still matters, particularly with badges related to specific Ouroboros missions, since the missions that Villains/Rogues and Heroes/Vigilantes are still split. Yeah, you can change alignments easily enough, but having some information that indicates what Ouro mission list the arcs are on is useful.

12 hours ago, Display Name said:

The Villain Accomplishment list seems to be missing the badge "Column Breaker"

Is that badge earn-able by a villain? The wiki info leads me to believe it is only earn-able by heroes (the usual caveats about the reliability of wiki data notwithstanding). If you earned it as a villain, do you mind sharing how? This is another alignment-related issue that I am hesitant to change.

33 minutes ago, Display Name said:

Darn it!  I didn't!  It just occurred to me that I got the badge while blue!  I can be so dumb sometime!?

No worries, I appreciate that you are giving the badges a thorough checking!

While setting up my character and "collecting" badges, I noticed that the list of Villain Accomplishments doesn't match the regular list!  I still have "Chameleon" in the Villain Accomplishments, for instance!

If the character lists haven't been updated in a while, then there are probably several differences.  I'll keep looking!

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

I meant to post this earlier but had a busy weekend. Regarding the badge alignment issues that have been brought up recently, I chatted with KeyboardKitsune briefly and we both agree that while we don't want to take the time to check every badge individually, and potentially adjust the alignment for some of them, it does seem reasonable to adjust them on a case-by-case basis if a compelling case can be made for adjustment. So please do continue to submit badges for which you think the alignment should be adjusted. More importantly, please explain WHY you think they should be adjusted. That will make it easier for one or both of us to decide how to handle it.

Further, for badges that are alignment-restricted, I will try to add information in the notes about where those can be found in the flashback system, in order to make it easier for badge hunters to find them. Feel free to add that information to your post if you know it. If not, I'll figure it out.

And of course, please continue to submit any other errors you find in the badges!

• Like 2

Hi!  Thanks for your patience!  The "Guardians of Forever" badge is a bit vague!  Lol!

https://n15g.github.io/badger/homecoming/badge/guardian-of-forever

I did some research on the forums and found a thread where this was addressed.

On 8/16/2019 at 10:30 AM, Apparition said:

Issue 22 added a level 20 - 24 blue side short story arc, "Collateral Damage," given by Laura Lockhart.  If you run it a second time in Ouro (it doesn't matter how you run it the first time, regular or Ouro), there's a new glowie crate in the first mission.  Open it, and read the clue it gives you.  That sets you on a different path for the second run, and it gives the "Guardian of Forever" badge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Super Whatsit

@KeyboardKitsune I'm not a badger myself, but thanks anyways for making this tool. Some people asked me to make a "badge tracker"

...but I don't see the point since this beautiful thing exists. I also applaud you for making it open source and attempting to make it work for all servers and codebases - that's something that I do aspire to accomplish in my code. So, props to you, sir or ma'am!

• Like 3
I'm out.

1 hour ago, Display Name said:

Hi!  Thanks for your patience!  The "Guardians of Forever" badge is a bit vague!  Lol!

https://n15g.github.io/badger/homecoming/badge/guardian-of-forever

I have stumbled across that badge on the site a couple of times and it's always puzzled me as well. Thanks for looking into it. I'll run through the process to earn it tonight and write up a description. And I've not forgotten about my promise to re-visit the alignment badges. I've just been tied up with a side project to verify all the in-game badge name text for all possible variants of badges (i.e. female/villain/praetorian), which has led me down a couple of rabbit holes. The results of that should be beneficial for both the Badger site and for the badge menu I modified, though. I am almost finished with that so I should be able to get to some of the other updates by the end of the weekend.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

I'll run through the process to earn it tonight and write up a description.

Whoops!  I forgot to add that "Steel Savior" is required to earn the "Guardians of Forever" badge!

Here's "The Rest of the Story"

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/8387-guardian-of-forever-badge/

@Super Whatsit

Here is what I came up with after earning 'Guardians of Forever'. It's spoilery so I tagged it as such. I have not submitted it to the site yet because honestly I wasn't sure if it was too spoilery and I should make it more vague, or if it was OK to post as-is with a spoiler warning at the beginning. If anyone has any opinions, please let me know!

Spoiler

Complete the 'Collateral Damage' story arc, available either via Laura Lockhart (Steel Canyon) or Ouroboros (Level 20-24, mission 22.01)

• Be sure to defeat all the enemies at the end of the second mission in less than 3:00 to earn the 'Steel Savior' badge

Repeat the story arc via Ouroboros

• In the first mission, find a glowing crate and read the clue contained within
  • Following the first mission, speak to Laura Lockhart but do not enter the second mission
  • Before entering the second mission, travel to Ouroboros and speak to Mender Valen
  • Agree to save Laura according to Mender Valen's instructions, and if successful, the Guardian of Forever badge will be awarded during the fifth mission

• Like 2

https://n15g.github.io/badger/homecoming/badge/evils-resident

Should say bosses not minions

You've defeated 25 Zombie Bosses, making your place of occupation a Home of the Dead.

https://n15g.github.io/badger/homecoming/badge/safety-in-numbers

Should say Lieutenants

You've taken out 33 Zombie Lieutenants, proving that there is Safety in Numbers.

Edited by Rooster Gold
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Rooster Gold said:

<good badge updates>

Thanks! I've submitted those updates, as well as the updates for Guardians of Forever, Chameleon, Do No Harm, and True Nemesis that appear previously in the thread. I should now be all caught up with edits that have been mentioned in the thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later

This description isn't quite correct:

https://n15g.github.io/badger/homecoming/badge/a-nemesis-plot

The player has to get credit for defeating Nemesis in order to be awarded the badge.

To get credit for (any) defeat:

The members of the team that the player is on must collectively do at least 10% of the total hit points of the enemy in damage in order to get credit for the defeat.  If you're solo or on a team, this is easy because the team efforts count for everyone.  But if you are part of a league this becomes a matter of strategy because each team must do at least 10% damage to get credit for that team.  This is why some teams don't get the rewards in a league: they didn't do enough damage.

EDIT:  The "defeat" requirement is unconfirmed!

Edited by Display Name

@Super Whatsit

I'll hold off on any updates until the requirements are more clear.

In general, that credit requirement is a mouthful. How's this:

Either the solo player or the player's team (even as part of a league) must be responsible for at least 10% of the total damage inflicted in order to earn the badge.

CONFIRMED!  Normally that's true, but the defeat credit for this enemy is handle differently for this badge!  The actual description for the badge is incorrect/misleading.  But the information presented here is correct (please note "How to Get" and "Notes"):

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/A_Nemesis_Plot_Badge

@Super Whatsit

1 hour ago, Display Name said:

The actual description for the badge is incorrect/misleading.  But the information presented here is correct (please note "How to Get" and "Notes"):

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/A_Nemesis_Plot_Badge

I'm afraid I am a little confused. Which specific text are you referring to that is "incorrect/misleading"? I have been casually following the Nemesis Plot Invasion Event thread so I am generally aware of what's been discovered. The information that is currently on the badge tracker page for the badge matches what is on the wiki. If you state the the wiki information is correct, then what specific edits do you propose be made to badger site for the badge in question?

On the wiki, the description of the badge says "You've tangled with Nemesis himself..."  What makes this misleading is the fact that it's not a requirement.  I mean: Yeah, it will award the badge and all, but...

I wasn't suggesting to change the website anymore, though.  The information is correct.  I just didn't want to leave you hanging iwth the "unconfirmed" after I was certain about it.

@Super Whatsit

Gotcha. Yeah, the badge text is the badge text so that should match as it reads in game. And now that I have the badge, I see that the badge text in-game doesn't quite match, so I've submitted that edit. I left the notes on how to earn it as-is, though.

• Like 1

No worries! I didn't want to bother you over one minor change.

2 hours ago, KeyboardKitsune said:

I had let three pull requests back up... on the plus side, there's a log parser now that art0rz wrote 😛

I just took it for a spin, it works great!

• 2 weeks later

In the help screen for the log parser, the "settitle.txt" link is throwing a 404.

(Noticed when I saved and tried to load and got html parsing errors for the custom 404 page.)

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)