Jerk hackin’

0th Power

I was thinking about the uniquedragon post and I thought it would be fun to see how close everyone could get to the original post, without looking at it, of course.

I will have trouble with the middle section for sure. 

This is how it starts (Dupin’)

This is what happened in the last game I played all were busy dupin  and the gold farmers ... coh we’ll be gone the Americans!!!

Jerkhackers-HC.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

8 minutes ago, EmmySky said:

I feel i've missed something important.

Ridiculous forum post from the early days of CoH that got turned into a meme. It's even sillier than it looks at first glance because it predates IOs, so there were no rares.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Profit said:

Justice Represent.

image0.jpg?width=946&height=456

I saw a “Unique Dragon” character on both Torch and Excelsior in the first weeks of release of HC to the unwashed masses.  One bio was just this quote, the other one claimed to be the REAL, OG Unique Dragon (one had a period in name somewhere).  I sent a tell to the one claiming to be the original and he said he was just a kid when he posted that.  The world may never know.....

• Like 1

I am perma haten this post.

we should all be perma haten.  It's the the new jerk hackin

Thanks @DocRadio

and GM Widower

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

2 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I'm still waiting for a Rick Roll post.  To be honest, I'm a little disappointed with you all.

• Like 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

42 minutes ago, Oneirohero said:

The only meme I remember from the old CoH forums was Golden Girl's obsession with animated hair. Especially since a couple of specific NPCs had the cape-physics applied as a hairstyle.

I wonder what happened to her...

She tried creating a CoH successor called Heroes and Villains. She was apparently hated on pretty hard by the community on her website because nothing was even started outside of concept drawings. Her attempt to create the game and the outcome can be found here.  Heroes and Villains.

4 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

She tried creating a CoH successor called Heroes and Villains. She was apparently hated on pretty hard by the community on her website because nothing was even started outside of concept drawings. Her attempt to create the game and the outcome can be found here.  Heroes and Villains.

Oh! I suppose it was good she tried to do /something/ after the Sunset. I kinda drifted off into the ether (or rather, latched onto the next closest thing, Star Trek Online). Making a game is incredibly hard by yourself unless you are a multi-talented genius like TobyFox.

I suppose that solves one personal mystery of mine, thanks for telling me Solarverse!

54 minutes ago, Oneirohero said:

Oh! I suppose it was good she tried to do /something/ after the Sunset. I kinda drifted off into the ether (or rather, latched onto the next closest thing, Star Trek Online). Making a game is incredibly hard by yourself unless you are a multi-talented genius like TobyFox.

I suppose that solves one personal mystery of mine, thanks for telling me Solarverse!

Yeah, I give her an A for effort. Judging from the concepts she had, it looked like she was on the right track. Not exactly sure what went wrong to cause all the hate from her followers. I would imagine funding might have been an issue...but that's just a guess.

P.S. Judging from the updates she hasn't given up. Hope she does well.

Edited by Solarverse

On 11/16/2019 at 11:33 AM, Yomo Kimyata said:

I'm still waiting for a Rick Roll post.  To be honest, I'm a little disappointed with you all.

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

11 hours ago, Oneirohero said:

The only meme I remember from the old CoH forums was Golden Girl's obsession with animated hair. Especially since a couple of specific NPCs had the cape-physics applied as a hairstyle.

I wonder what happened to her...

10 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Good God, I went to that forum and it's basically just her since 2018. It's like watching a crazy person interacting with themselves in a rubber room.

I never really had too much of a problem with GG, her mild lunacy tended to just be amusing on the live forums, but......wow.

• Haha 1

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak

Speaking of Memes, is the Leroy Jenkins billboard still up in the Hollows? Don't recall seeing it since we've been back.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

55 minutes ago, MetaVileTerror said:

Do you mean the Chris Jenkins billboard, Mari?

No, I swear there was a Billboard referencing Leeroy Jenkins, the guy who missed the Raid Plan Meeting getting Fried Chicken in WoW, came back from AFK and charged into the Dungeon getting everyone killed. I think it was for a Fried Chicken place and was in the Hollows,

Edited by Marine X

Marine X

50 minutes ago, Marine X said:

No, I swear there was a Billboard referencing Leeroy Jenkins, the guy who missed the Raid Plan Meeting getting Fried Chicken in WoW, came back from AFK and charged into the Dungeon getting everyone killed. I think it was for a Fried Chicken place and was in the Hollows,

Mandela Effect: there is no such billboard.  You might be conflating Chris Jenkins and Major Flanders Chicken. 

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Ingame_References#Businesses_and_Billboards

Edited by Rathulfr

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

Guess I'll have to go see if I can find it. Remember it mostly because being 40 when i started playing in 2004 and have never played WoW, ( WoW came out just before the Hollows was added ), I saw the Billboard and didn't get it. It said some thing like " Leeroy Jenkins Sez.... " then a chicken reference. So I asked over broadcast who is "Leeroy Jenkins" and got the whole story.

Edited by Marine X

Marine X

oR  i mAy bE LoOsiNg mY MinD, hEH HEh,

Marine X

21 hours ago, Solarverse said:

She tried creating a CoH successor called Heroes and Villains. She was apparently hated on pretty hard by the community on her website because nothing was even started outside of concept drawings.

It's mostly long forgotten now...  But the early attempts to create a replacement for OG CoX were...  Well, riddled with spectacular explosions and implosions.  There was a ton of disagreement on practically every facet of every revival effort.  Just keeping track, let alone trying to understand them, of the various efforts and schisms was practically a full time job.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)