Account Storage

DeamonWithin

Soooo. I use a private base.  All my characters are in the SG. I know this does not work for more social peeps but it sol es my problems

the base can hold 18 storage devices. Salvage inspirations and enhancers. Each holds 100. Your choice of what 18

base building is free on Homecoming. I put in TP to all zones. Inspiration sellers. Enhancer sellers (standard DO SO) crafting stations mission computers llar if ice and fire mini Ouroboros merit atm etc. it is convenient 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

Soooo. I use a private base.  All my characters are in the SG. I know this does not work for more social peeps but it sol es my problems

the base can hold 18 storage devices. Salvage inspirations and enhancers. Each holds 100. Your choice of what 18

base building is free on Homecoming. I put in TP to all zones. Inspiration sellers. Enhancer sellers (standard DO SO) crafting stations mission computers llar if ice and fire mini Ouroboros merit atm etc. it is convenient 

Yes this is how I used to do it back on the old game.  But as you stated, it makes it so I can't join other super groups.  I was hoping to have an account 'hideout' while still being able to join  other super groups.  Perhaps it's somthing to put in the suggestion box.  I think a safe place to dump enhancements would make me enjoy leveling 1-50 a bit more.  Cause the way I see it is that I want to buy a slew of IOs of various levels and store them .  Then LVL a toon till about 32.  Respec and dump those old enhancements for use later.  Then even better, I can have my next toon preplaned so well that as I choose powers and slots I can have the enhancements on hand in his inventory so I get fresh enhancements as I go.  That way I don't faceplant all the way to LVL 50.  I guess I'll just need to make a base till they develope an account storage system.  Or maybe they can let us join 2 Super groups....

1 hour ago, EmmySky said:

I would think you can have your personal SG then form coalitions with groups you have friends in, use coalition chat instead of supergroup chat to check for teams.  Joining two SGs might be fun though.

The problem with this is you do not see the SG char of your coalies. Only Coal-chat.  I have longed for a multiple SG for each character forever. It is all over the source lore.  How many teams has that one guy been on. The guy with a pair of smooth criminals whise name rhymes with Pulverine?

of course it is probably hard coded and baked down to one SG.  Unless they could tweak Coalition chat to hear all SG chat in everyone you are allied with

• Like 1

Couldn't you mule a coalition solo group for just storage? And then just trade stuff between alts? It'd require a 2nd account/instance, but it would save using the marketplace or email.

• Like 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Make a second account, make storage alt, an SG and an SG base. Park the storage alt near the SG portal in the zone of your choice. When in need of storage, launch the client twice and log on the storage alt in one copy and your main in the other copy. Dump the stuff on the storage alt/retrieve the stuff from the storage alt via trade (which is fairly fast). When out of space on the storage alt, shift excess stuff into SG storage.

Bonus points for forgetting WTF is in SG storage, finding it one day and going "holy balls I am rich".

• Like 2

Good thought for people who can dual box.  My computer likes to dump CoH if I alt+tab even just to check paragonwiki, it would have a seizure if I tried dual boxing lol.

But if anyone needs a helper to facilitate trades between alts, instead of emailing 100 times, I am on Indom and happy to help if I am online.  

Another vote for the private base method, all of my alts are in that SG and I have Salvage racks, Enhancement tables and an Inspiration storage rack. The downer is the limit of 18 storage devices.

Email is too much of a PITA since you need a separate email for each item you want to store.  I just use it to store Inf for my various characters.  My money makers toss the extra into an email and my other characters take it as needed.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

On 12/17/2019 at 1:46 PM, DaemonWithin said:

Yes this is how I used to do it back on the old game.  But as you stated, it makes it so I can't join other super groups.  I was hoping to have an account 'hideout' while still being able to join  other super groups.  Perhaps it's somthing to put in the suggestion box.  I think a safe place to dump enhancements would make me enjoy leveling 1-50 a bit more.  Cause the way I see it is that I want to buy a slew of IOs of various levels and store them .  Then LVL a toon till about 32.  Respec and dump those old enhancements for use later.  Then even better, I can have my next toon preplaned so well that as I choose powers and slots I can have the enhancements on hand in his inventory so I get fresh enhancements as I go.  That way I don't faceplant all the way to LVL 50.  I guess I'll just need to make a base till they develope an account storage system.  Or maybe they can let us join 2 Super groups....

Just form a coalition with the group of folks you want to play with. Problem solved. This way, worst case when someone gets snippy, you break the coalition and still have your stuff. Best case, since there's coalition chat, you're missing out on nothing. Have your cake and eat it. 

• 4 years later

my storage in private SG is getting full and was wondering is there a way one of my ALT char can make a second SG and coalide with private one so that i can start filling it with items i buy or get for later builds? The question is is there a way to grant access to my ALT coalision sg so they can access both enhancment tables in both SG?

2 hours ago, meyerwolf406 said:

my storage in private SG is getting full and was wondering is there a way one of my ALT char can make a second SG and coalide with private one so that i can start filling it with items i buy or get for later builds? The question is is there a way to grant access to my ALT coalision sg so they can access both enhancment tables in both SG?

There is not.   You can have an alt account so you can pass stuff easily between two members though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder what it might take in re-coding to allow a character to be a member of 2 supergroups.  Hypothetically, it wouldn't mean designing a new private base system, but rather just using the current base system, with the character using one SG and base as his/her private one and the other as the social one. 

If you think about it there's precedent in the comics:  Batman's batcave while still working in the Hall of Justice or Watchtower with the team.   There's even characters in multiple SG's at once.  I'm pretty sure Wolverine was in both X-men and Avengers at one point.

• Game Master

It depends on what you are saving I suppose. It's tempting to save all your salvage and enhancements of any colour, but you need to prioritise. I save IO's and sets, and sell all the DO's and SO's. I save 100 catalysts, boosters, unslotters and converters. The rest are all filled with event salvage and PaPs. Salvage I don't bother saving as I don't craft very often, but orange salvage might be useful to store a few of each type.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I don't dedicate that much SG storage to Enhancements; it's four tables (1 for PVP/Superior, 1 for Superior/HO/DSync, 2 for commonly used sets) so what I do when a table has gotten "too full" and I don't have an alt that will eventually use any of the pieces is to have one of the finished alts hold the enhancements of a certain type. I don't typically stockpile Winter or ATO pieces because those will get purchased/crafted as needed (and they never "drop").

For example: I'm a fan of the Reactive Defenses and Unbreakable Constraint sets for just about every AT, so I try to keep those pieces available. When teh storage is tight, I have one of my "tanky" types pick those pieces up to free up space for things I will craft to pass on, such as ATO or Winter pieces. Extra "Healing" set pieces will end up with one of the more healing-oriented characters, etc. I also do this with Hami-O and Dsyncs, but I often forget who is holding those!

I personally tend towards being a pack rat with certain %damage pieces, as well as pieces from non-PVP, rare sets that don't tend to drop as much (often because they only exist at lower levels). I can afford them on the market, but I take a peculiar amount of satisfaction in being able to kit a character from the stockpile.

When I share resources with alts on other servers I use email. When I share with alts on the same server, I use base storage. I belong to only solo SG bases that I create. Totally the best way to do it if you mainly solo.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

21 hours ago, meyerwolf406 said:

For the most part, if I have what I need on another character, I buy it from the /AH and I sell it to the /AH.  Sometimes to myself, mostly to others, mostly at a profit, sometimes at a loss.

• Thumbs Up 2

Who run Bartertown?

I am part of a social SG.  While I do have a Transit hub base that I made for my SG, I do not use it for storage - only the toon that created the base is in that SG (my Sentinel, that I hate - that's right, I'm gonna say it... the only thing my Sentinal is good for is creating a base.  🤣).  Yes, I could put my toons in the solo base and swap there, but no.... 

So, for anyone else that wants to remain in a Social SG without doing the solo-base things.... here is what I do....

Our social SG has tables for mainly generic IOs across all the levels to share amongst others (place to use up crafted ones from seeking badges, or after respec'ing, etc).  We have salvage racks that have white and yellow salvage for those times you're crafting in the base and you run out of an item and don't want to zone out just to access the AH.  (And shared insp storage too.)

So... for my personal storage:

• Salvage:  I only save orange salvage and 2 each of any yellow i get, all in my vault.  All other salvage gets sold.  And i buy what I need, which is generally the cheap stuff.
    • Event salvage stays on the character that earned it (or sold).  Only event salvage that needs to be shared (for my needs) are the Halloween pieces for unlocking the extra costume slot.
  • Enhancements:  Any enhs i want to keep for future use on alts - I store in my AHs or Email.  You get 195-200 slots of free space to just hold things in AH.  You also get a lot of room in your email (i do not know how much).  I also will keep some in my enh trays - you can hold up to 70, but I try to keep the max at 50 for the toons I use for storage.  
    • Frozen Burn holds Resists, PVP, purple, Event IOs, and other specialty IOs in the AH, and in his trays.  He is also the main crafter and seller of all crafted IOs across all toons.
    • Toon 2 holds Def/Range IOs stored in the AH and trays
    • Toon 3 holds Heal IOs
    • Toon 4 Holds Endmod IOs
    • I keep some of the specialty IOs in my email for quick access when leveling up - like LotG global rech; Numi/panacea/miracle/regen tissue/prev med procs, celerity stealths, perf shift procs, Unbreak Guard +Max HP, KB prot IOs, etc, etc, etc.
  • Catalysts and Boosters - since my main feeds my alts, all the Inf my alts earn can be saved for buying and storing Catalysts and Boosters as needed (or funding more alts).  I keep a list of which toons have which so when I need them, I know where to go.
    • I do keep a few Catalysts in my email for easy attuning of some IOs for leveling up.
  • Transferring:
    • my SG also has an Enh table that remains completely empty at all times so that people can use it specifically for transferring IOs from one character to their alt.
    • If it's a large amount I'm transferring, I'll use that.  If it's a small amount, I'll just email myself.
    • If I need a large quantity of Catalysts or Boosters, I will use my alt account for trading.  Otherwise, I just email them to myself.  
  • Thumbs Up 1

Don't forget about your private Vault for salvage, which can hang on the SG wall, but doesn't count against the 18 table limit.

The Vault can be accessed any time by clicking the Vault item which is at the bottom of your Salvage window.

The Auction House is also a great place to store stuff for that character only. (You can't use /ah in a mission to pull it up, but you can run to the entrance if it's important.) Ourobouros portals, Supergroup Portals, and Rapid Response portals can all be summoned up in mishes, too.

Best to have the Mission Transporter P2W power to get back to the mish. Speaking of P2W, you can get a self-destruction power there that blows you up, and you can choose to go to the Hospital, where the /ah command works fine. (Warn your teammates first, though.)

HTH, and welcome Home!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

On 12/17/2019 at 9:08 AM, DeamonWithin said:

Is there any way to EASILY store enhancements on your account to be used later on different toons?  Is Email the best way?

So part of the situation here is "are all your characters on the same server or not"?

If they aren't on the same server, then you have two routes.

You transport enhancements between servers through email or by transferring alts from one server or another - and would suggest this to be some generic mule that you don't care what server they are on.

At least one of your characters per server should create a base.

A storage base can be setup in a single additional room and can be done quickly without adding or doing anything fancy.

Just place the enhancement storage tables (and other storage items) you want and DONE.

When you want to invite another of your characters to that supergroup use

/altinvite charactername

to invite your characters on the same account to the supergroup.

... and that includes your server switching mule.

Personally, I just buy what I need on the market (usually make, post, and then buy to convert to attuned).

I use email to carry stuff that I am almost always going to use but don't build/craft/invent on every server ... I character and server jump a lot.

Edited by UltraAlt

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.