Yellow Salvage Prices

Herotu

4 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Yeah, I've done that too.  

EDIT: If I had the time and the clicks, I'd buy 10mm salvage  at 100k per, and offer at wherever.  It's the clicks that stops me.

The clicks are what baffle me. Even if it's several people buying low and selling high to push prices up, they're buying up a LOT of salvage at 10 per whack. How does anyone have the patience for that? I'd almost suspect botting....

Update: Uncommon salvage is now flooded back to 10,000,332, there is not currently "obvious" bulk-stack buying and bids are going out in the 12K to 15K range, with a few higher ones in there.

2,000 UC salvage just found its way back home.

10 hours ago, THEDarkTyger said:

I have not seen any difference in the salvage drop rates since 2/15 and none of the patch notes or dev posts mention any such nerf

It might be worth noting that back on live there was a drop bug that specifically and consistently only affected some characters. Because people are always claiming that the drop rate is broken, and because they hadn't done anything to change the drop rate, the devs didn't take it seriously.  It took a whole bunch of players doing statistical analysis on drops in logs to prove it was happening.  So it's possible that the same bug has recurred, or that another bug is having the same effect.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

I have to say one thing that is while people are starting to make grumbling noises about forming a lynch mob because they are being trolled this is a pretty normal practice in WoW.

The newest expansion in WoW simply -murdered- professions and the game went from a healthy profession based economy to professions not being worth the dung one might step upon, so I was 'forced' to join in with the flippers after several attempts at funding myself.

And I have to say it feels like trash. -Trash-. Flippers are the scum of the earth. A normal economy can be driven to the limit of what players can afford to pay until they reach a point they will rather not have it than pay for it. What do the flippers bring in to the game? -Zero-. They bring nothing. They only leech. They grab normal priced items and put them as little as 10 or 20% higher. That's it. As long as players will grumble but be in a hurry and pay the extra the profits come in.

Since I was not very serious about it I averaged a modest 30-40k a day, but since I only needed about 200k to pay for a token as one can imagine I could pay for it in two weeks and my work was all automatic via addons.

I can assure you that people were not trolling when they did this and while it is possible that people are trolling here I'd more readily believe someone setting up an AutoHotKey script to do all the clicking and cursor moving. Some people are literally AFK farming with dual auras until mobs kill themselves, so I don't find farfetched someone thinking that this is a good idea.

Funny enough I found a small market when I was looking for damage procs of a certain niche set. The procs were selling for 4-5 million which was more I felt like playing with the current ironman rules I've taken to using. But the level 10 recipe of the set but from a different IO was at 10k. I bought five recipes, crafted for 600k cost total and then converted. I was actually tempted at buying all recipes and crafting and converting, but part of the self imposed ironman rules is not messing with the market.

• Like 1

I don't think most of us have a problem with flipping or would have a problem with this if it were a viable way to make good money. It's the piddling amounts of profit for the time/effort involved that makes it seem like it must be trolling. I could easily believe someone coming from another mmo would try this but for it to go on for more than a few days makes it seem like griefing. now granted if they have it botted somehow (which i'm pretty sure is against the ToS) it could be free profit without the effort, but the aforementioned afk farming would be a much easier way to get profits without effort. 

Well, the effort involved changes dramatically if you're letting a bot do the work. Once you've done the front end work of setting up the script, you could leave the game on to run by itself for a few days. I imagine by the end of it you'd have made a substantial profit from thousands of tiny sales.

If that were the case, that would be breaking the code of conduct:

7. Do not cheat or abuse exploits

2. This includes the use of scripts and programs to automate gameplay

I wonder if the behaviour is easily identifiable.

Edit: Of course, it might not be, and we might just be seeing a quirk of the market - especially a market that only shows the last 5 sales, encouraging higher bids.

Edited by Lines

58 minutes ago, Sovera said:

And I have to say it feels like trash. -Trash-. Flippers are the scum of the earth. A normal economy can be driven to the limit of what players can afford to pay until they reach a point they will rather not have it than pay for it. What do the flippers bring in to the game? -Zero-. They bring nothing. They only leech. They grab normal priced items and put them as little as 10 or 20% higher. That's it. As long as players will grumble but be in a hurry and pay the extra the profits come in.

I fully agree. Every couple weeks i will need a purple set that is either very short supply or “premium prices”. —-> looks at the 500-1000 enhancement converters i tend to have.  When you have a hammer everything indeed looks like a nail.  I start lowballing bids on purp sets that are not popular. Convert convert convert.  While doing this i may buy a few extra.  Or notice a huge pricing discrepancy.  And buy a few extra.  Convert convert convert.  Flip.  But this is not my preferred money making method.  I craft and convert and sell. Makes me feel i am giving back keeping my fellow geeks (and my) endless alts supplied with globals and procs. But it is not uncommkn for me to do it on e or twice a month

on yellow salvage.  I believe it is not trolls. Nearly zero evidence.  Here are the facts i “know”;

1) a lot (this number has been researched extensively, someone said it and i believed them). Of players do not sell salvage on the market.  They dump it at a vendor to clear their bags.  Except for rare.  And some dump that - okay i hope not.

2)  The drop rates for uncommon is not huge. 

3) people are crafting more, following my own trend which the good folks of the boards taught me and i encourage anyone to do when the topic of money/converters comes up in help.  My evidence for this is the steadily downward pressure on sales prices on globals and procs the last couple months

Rejoice!  It is the signs of a vibrant player base

and hate the flippers. Someone, you get the torches. And you, pitchforks. Meet in the town square at midnight. We have work to do

Just now, Snarky said:

I fully agree. Every couple weeks i will need a purple set that is either very short supply or “premium prices”. —-> looks at the 500-1000 enhancement converters i tend to have.  When you have a hammer everything indeed looks like a nail.  I start lowballing bids on purp sets that are not popular. Convert convert convert.  While doing this i may buy a few extra.  Or notice a huge pricing discrepancy.  And buy a few extra.  Convert convert convert.  Flip.  But this is not my preferred money making method.  I craft and convert and sell. Makes me feel i am giving back keeping my fellow geeks (and my) endless alts supplied with globals and procs. But it is not uncommkn for me to do it on e or twice a month

This was how it was in the previous expansion in WoW. I made a fair bit of dosh but it involved a looooooooooooooooooot of AFK crafting. Lets put this in perspective: I would go to bed leaving the computer on while the character crafted. It was common to spend a whole morning in a different window while my WoW character crafted. It was common to buy 3-4k raw mats (to put -that- in perspective it would fill my inventory four times, easily, and I had the biggest bags possible to obtain in the game) and juggle crafting while receiving mail since there was an enforced 1 minute delay between receiving mail batches.

BUT! It was useful! I was grabbing crafting ingredients that players had placed in the AH, I was crafting, and then I was placing the end result in the AH and the people who needed it were buying them. It was a service! Gold moved! Those who wanted the stuff didn't have to craft it, those who were selling the mats had their time picking up things rewarded!

Now I flip. And it's a useless service. It's leeching. It's skimming from the top.

• Like 1

Flipping was how I tricked out my characters back in live. It's not as easy as it sounds, I might still have the spreadsheets around here somewhere.  

• Haha 1

Everlasting's Actionette 

Also Wolfhound, Starwave, Blue Gale, Relativity Rabbit, and many more!

I thought about this a bit more, I think I took the wrong approach with my last couple comments. I think someone should start a new supergroup, the United Flippers Coalition, or UFC for short. The ranks would be as followed:

Flyweight  0-5 billion total net Influence/Infamy

Featherweight 5-10 billion total net Influence/Infamy

Welterweight 10-50 billion total net Influence/Infamy

Light Heavyweight 50-100 billion total net Influence/Infamy

Heavyweight 100+ billion total net Influence/Infamy

Of course the numbers would to be adjusted from time to time need as more currency enters the game. But I think this is a good starting place.

edit: I would be a Welterweight in this ranking system

Edited by MunkiLord
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

I thought about this a bit more, I think I took the wrong approach with my last couple comments. I think someone should start a new supergroup, the United Flippers Coalition, or UFC for short. The ranks would be as followed:

Of course the numbers would to be adjusted from time to time need as more currency enters the game. But I think this is a good starting place.

On Live, when prestige was enabled, I was a member of a SG on ?Liberty? that was, I believe, the top-ranked SG on the server.  You were not allowed to play in SG mode and could only gain prestige for the group by burning inf.  I can’t remember the name of the group, but I do remember the giant fire pit in the base.

People went *ballistic* that we bought our way to #1.  Death threats, calls for banishment from the servers.  People really hate change.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Who run Bartertown?

14 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

On Live, when prestige was enabled, I was a member of a SG on ?Liberty? that was, I believe, the top-ranked SG on the server.  You were not allowed to play in SG mode and could only gain prestige for the group by burning inf.  I can’t remember the name of the group, but I do remember the giant fire pit in the base.

People went *ballistic* that we bought our way to #1.  Death threats, calls for banishment from the servers.  People really hate change.

The death threats are obviously out of line and not ok, but the rest is hilarious. People are silly.

1 hour ago, MunkiLord said:

edit: I would be a Welterweight in this ranking system

If you start this in excelsior, I will join.

How do we prove worthiness of the rank?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Obus Form said:

I'll be honest, I'm more of an idea guy, rather than a leader or someone actually productive. I more like hearing myself talk, or type in the case of my loud clicky keyboard. But if someone else likes the idea, I'll certainly join and move my market toon to that SG!

Proof would be done via screenshots or something? Or by trusting people to not overly inflate their e-peens? I realize that's asking a lot since people online tend to compensate, but short of having log in checks(an obvious non starter), I'm not sure how to prove such a thing.

Edited by MunkiLord

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

on yellow salvage.  I believe it is not trolls. Nearly zero evidence.  Here are the facts i “know”;

1) a lot (this number has been researched extensively, someone said it and i believed them). Of players do not sell salvage on the market.  They dump it at a vendor to clear their bags.  Except for rare.  And some dump that - okay i hope not.

2)  The drop rates for uncommon is not huge. 

3) people are crafting more, following my own trend which the good folks of the boards taught me and i encourage anyone to do when the topic of money/converters comes up in help.  My evidence for this is the steadily downward pressure on sales prices on globals and procs the last couple months

Rejoice!  It is the signs of a vibrant player base

I really think the evidence is the opposite of this assessment.  If supply was dwindling you'd expect a gradual decrease in stock with a gradual increase in price.  That hasn't happened with yellow salvage.  Almost over night there were 30k bids on ALL yellow salvage, and the price dramatically increase in a short period of time.  For months I was able to both sell and buy yellow salvage at 2k without issues.  This happened way too fast for a supply problem to crop up.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ignatz the Insane said:

I really think the evidence is the opposite of this assessment.  If supply was dwindling you'd expect a gradual decrease in stock with a gradual increase in price.  That hasn't happened with yellow salvage.  Almost over night there were 30k bids on ALL yellow salvage, and the price dramatically increase in a short period of time.  For months I was able to both sell and buy yellow salvage at 2k without issues.  This happened way too fast for a supply problem to crop up.  

My market analysis doesnt lie. I asked someone and they said that was what was happening. Then i thought of the rest. Yeah, no, pretty sure i’m right

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Not sure what server it was, but on Live I remember Fulmens making the Crazy 88's SG and doing something similar.  

8 hours ago, Obus Form said:

BRING BACK PRESTIGE!!!  But keep bases free.

Then you can rank members by how much prestige they have generated by burning their ill-gotten goods.

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?