Yellow Salvage Prices

Herotu

Someones trying to play market pvp, the devs threw tons of salvage on at set prices to prevent it escalating to insane levels we would see on live.

I forget what they set the brackets too, I think rares were set to 1mill, what did they set yellows to?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Are you saying the hard cap on yellow salvage is 100k per unit?

Exactly.  Well, in theory you could bid more than 100k, but you can buy all you want there.

I don't know how much of this was HC and how much was on Live, but this current incarnation of CoH does a great job of keeping the market in pretty tight bands.  Between salvage seeding, fungibility, converters, and merit/ticket vendors, I'm not sure there is anything that has a restricted supply.  Maybe Hammy-os?

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

On 3/2/2020 at 4:15 PM, MunkiLord said:

Slight correction, I don't always delete non rare salvage. Sometimes I'll go up to a random player and start giving it to them until I run out, their inventory is full, or they run away. 

If it’s anything below the 40 range, come and find my alts. I put that in our SG salvage bins for the people that actually are looking for that.😂

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

21 hours ago, Fan Mail said:

What's happening is the roulette of Converter/AH primers.  The level 31-39 Converter recipes are in high demand for: buy recipe, create, roulette, convert, sell.  Lots of people doing it now (including me).  Very high demand.

I agree.  And, assuming the drop rates are the same as live, there's a mismatch between drop rate and crafting in the common:uncommon ratio.  Crafting Uncommon recipes usually uses 2:1 common:uncommon, but the drop rate is 5:1.  Any increase in demand over supply will be felt in uncommons long before commons.

• Like 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

I throw away all of mine too. If all uncommon salvage was worth 100k I would reconsider, but I can't be arsed to go through the list one by one.

By the same token I am annoyed when I want to buy an uncommon salvage and type 5k, nothing, then 10k, nothing, then 20k, nothing. At that point I just type 100k, and in fact I buy everything I need for 100k for the rest of the recipe because screw messing with.. with... it's not even peanuts, it's the crumbs of salt from the shell of peanuts.

I met a new player saying they did not use the double XP because they learned the hard way that using it meant no influence so they could not buy their SOs. We were about to do Synapse and I told them, you know, just by doing this one TF now you'll earn something like 18 million and have all the money from this one thing to pay for all your SOs for the rest of your character's life, plus half a dozen other alts.

This is how I feel about this faffing around with uncommon salvage being bought for 5k to be resold for 20k. It makes sense and is how many players (myself included) made gold in WoW, but there we had addons making things automatic to buy in 5-6k QUANTITIES. But doing so here with no automation to help smells of masochism tbh.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Sovera said:

By the same token I am annoyed when I want to buy an uncommon salvage and type 5k, nothing, then 10k, nothing, then 20k, nothing. At that point I just type 100k, and in fact I buy everything I need for 100k for the rest of the recipe because screw messing with.. with... it's not even peanuts, it's the crumbs of salt from the shell of peanuts.

I met a new player saying they did not use the double XP because they learned the hard way that using it meant no influence so they could not buy their SOs. 

I hate having to shop and reshop for basic supplies.  This is exacerbated by the price finder being... moving on.

If (and when) someone says something like that I ask them if they are new.  If they say they are new or relatively new I throw them 1-5 mil, depending on my mood and resources on that character.  If it is their first character I make sure to throw them 10 mil.  That's just me.  Also it is literally paying it forward.  I am not new and I have literally had drive bys where really cool players I don't know send me 100 mil because I was whining about trying to grind for the perfect build.  That is the community on Everlasting. The opposite of toxic.  There for the game, the love of the game, and the enjoyment of working together to make stuff we like.

Because I had a pile of brainstorm crap sitting around from buying hero packs I decided to see if I could at least somewhat 'fix' the uncommon market. I used brainstorms to generate uncommon salvage and dumped it into the market at 1 influence. I think I probably dumped 700 items or so in, and managed to drive the price down from 50k to 11k. This of course doesn't get it quite back to the 2222 I used to be able to buy it at if I waited. 

• Like 2

I believe it's possible to 'fix' the uncommon market, you put in several hundred bids at 5,000, and put all your sales back in at 25,000 or so, then do the same at 10,000, and put them back in at 50,000, just keep doing something like that, but I think the returns are low enough it isn't worth it.  You'd make several million here and there, I guess the effort is pretty low compared to crafting recipes etc, maybe that's the appeal?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Lines said:

Looks like it's getting worse - had a night of my own bids at 5k not buying and the last few sales have been at 50,000+.

Yeah, I always list my yellow salvage on the AH for next to nothing, & last night it sold for 35K+.  This is amusing to me since previously yellow salvage was so useless that I begged my SGmates to stop putting it in the salvage bins in the base & just sell it.  Nobody on the market forum was laying claim to being behind this  - & let's face it, to the ebil marketeers this is just peanuts & not worth the effort.  My totally unsubstantiated guess is that this started from a player who was used to using this trick on the market of some other game & figured it would be a worthwhile way to make money here, not knowing that there are way easier ways to earn way more money in this game now.  Now there may be copycats jumping in to try the same trick, while players with real money just pay $50K & get on with their game, knowing their time isn't worth trying to purchase yellow salvage any cheaper.  I'll be interested to see how long this particular market spike goes on - but it won't affect me in the slightest. /shrug

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

5 hours ago, Lines said:

Looks like it's getting worse - had a night of my own bids at 5k not buying and the last few sales have been at 50,000+.

I've been consistently successful at buying at 15,005.  That's rarely an instabuy, but generally fills quickly.  

Who run Bartertown?

1 hour ago, WindDemon21 said:

They need to let us cancel common salvage, and make it easier to sell off loads of salvage at once. micro-selling all the common/uncommon salvage is such a pain I just usually delete them.

Is it really faster to delete than to /AH, open salvage screen, and drag and list for one influence(or a hundred or whatever)?  Sincerely asking.    

5 minutes ago, Ignatz the Insane said:

Is it really faster to delete than to /AH, open salvage screen, and drag and list for one influence(or a hundred or whatever)?  Sincerely asking.    

Sure is. Go to a vendor, right click + E. I just spam both until it's empty.

With AH it's drag from salvage, drop in AH, click on the number of salvage we wish to drop in, type the amount, click ok.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ignatz the Insane said:

Not really, no.  But it's much more dramatic.

Seriously, it's a tempest in a teapot.  If I let my salvage build up until my inventory is full, it takes about four minutes to move it over and set it for sale.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

36 minutes ago, VileTerror said:

A simple keyboard context shortcut when right-clicking on Salvage with the Auction window open would be an absolutely wondrous addition.  A "Post Max Stack to Market Immediately" context menu would be even better.

I was actually about to just post this. We also need to right click from our vault to move to our salvage window. It would be great as well if the max hold-able items per line was 99, instead of just 10, the digits are already there.

3 hours ago, WindDemon21 said:

I was actually about to just post this. We also need to right click from our vault to move to our salvage window. It would be great as well if the max hold-able items per line was 99, instead of just 10, the digits are already there.

Do you mean left click and drag?  Am I missing something again?  Agreed on bigger stacks.  That would be groovy.  

@VileTerror  I guess we're both confused then.  I didn't realize you could delete entire stacks(I've never tried) and posters above cleared that up.  I'm obviously confused about the context I quoted as well.  Sorry about that.  

Edited by Ignatz the Insane
Confusion

No try to move from your vault to your salvage box. You can only drag and drop, and when there are multiple it asks you to select how many every time. We need to be able to right click and choose move all. While we're at it, an option from the salvage box itself that says to "move all salvage to ah" would terrific. Even an option to auto-set the price to your choosing, and automatically list it on ah for that self predetermined price.