Chance for +endurance, worth it?

VinicanMorbo

Given...

"Crafted version: Gives a 20% chance of granting the powers target a small infusion of endurance.

Store-bought version: Gives a chance of granting the powers target a small infusion of endurance. This effect will trigger roughly 1.5 times per minute.

This enhancement adds a chance to restore 10% of the target's maximum endurance. This effect will only work on friendly targets."

Does this mean when slotted in stamina you get 10% of your endurance bar back roughly every 60 seconds? (30% in 2 minutes)

Or... does it mean there's a 1 in 5 chance you will get that figure back.

And... does it "end" up being worth taking or is it a wasted slot?

• Like 1

Short answer, yes. 

Long answer, YEESSSSSSSSSSSS

More specific answer: Okay, so I'm not a numbers girl, but every time it procs, you get a fancy chunk of endurance added to your bar. When it's in something like stamina/health/any passive buff power, which is ALWAYS on, it always has a chance to proc. Which means it works without you having to do anything, and you just happen to notice your endurance isn't completely drained all the time anymore. That's more or less how it's going to work in practice. 

Nearly every build ever has this enhancement in it for good reason (Sometimes several of them, because you can slot more than one if you're more endurance hungry than an irish boxer)

Edit: Side note, always buy the "attuned" version of an enhancement in the auction house if you have the ability, because that will scale with you. Endurance for your whole life 🙂

Edited by Pizzamurai
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I always slot the Performance Shifter proc. Store bought version? I am unfamiliar with that one.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

The math indicates the endurance proc adds more recovery than putting in a lvl 50 endmod IO into stamina

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

26 minutes ago, VinicanMorbo said:

Given...

"Crafted version: Gives a 20% chance of granting the powers target a small infusion of endurance.

Store-bought version: Gives a chance of granting the powers target a small infusion of endurance. This effect will trigger roughly 1.5 times per minute.

This enhancement adds a chance to restore 10% of the target's maximum endurance. This effect will only work on friendly targets."

Does this mean when slotted in stamina you get 10% of your endurance bar back roughly every 60 seconds? (30% in 2 minutes)

Or... does it mean there's a 1 in 5 chance you will get that figure back.

And... does it "end" up being worth taking or is it a wasted slot?

Just to also clarify - on Homecoming there isn't a difference between the crafted and "store-bought" versions anymore since all of the procs use the PPM that used to be only in the store-bought (attuned) IOs. @Bopper has a thread on the history and underlying formulas for the changes here.

As for how the Performance Shifter proc works, each time it checks - which changes depending on what type of power it's slotted in (another plug to look at the guide linked earlier) it has a chance to just give you endurance. It doesn't boost recovery, it just says "here, you look tired, have some end." This happens often enough that slotting one in Stamina will get you more endurance over time than slotting an Endurance Modification IO, so it's definitely worth slotting, even though it provides less endurance over time than the Panacea +hp/+end proc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, VinicanMorbo said:

You're correct. On average, you get 10% back every 40 seconds (3 times in 2 minutes). Basically, on average, you can expect 15% max endurance returned per minute.

Stamina is 25% recovery (adds 25% max endurance per minute), so a level 50 IO will add 42.4% to that, which is 10.6% max endurance per minute (25%*0.424 = 10.6%). 

If you spend 5 boosters to make the lvl 50 a 53% IO, then the endurance return in stamina becomes 13.25% max endurance per minute (25%*0.53).

As @siolfirsaid, this is dependent on where you slot the proc. I assumed Sramina (or any other auto power, like physical perfection), which is the most common. If you are slotting it into a click power, that requires different analysis.

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Yes.  The performance shifter proc slotted in stamina gives more endurance than level 50 end mod enhancer it stamina.  And you can slot both if you need more stamina.

I generally 3 slot stamina and health. 

• Health gets numina's unique, a miracle unique, and a panacea unique.
  • Stamina gets a Perf Shifter Proc, and two level 50+5 end mods. 

This is the basic endurance regen I start with for all my toons, then adjust from there.

• Like 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

1 hour ago, Pizzamurai said:

Short answer, yes. 

Long answer, YEESSSSSSSSSSSS

^

This.

The Performance Shifter proc is the most efficient way to maintain your END.  Every one of my characters gets one at level 18.

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

3 hours ago, Bopper said:

The math indicates the endurance proc adds more recovery than putting in a lvl 50 endmod IO into stamina

Exactly right. In an endurance hungry build you slot Stamina Perf shift Proc, Perf shift endmod, lvl 59 i/o endmod. Health. Panacea Proc, Miracle proc, Numina proc. If that doesnt kill your endurance issues you are probably running dark armor. Hopefully you bave taken dark melee and get the pbaoe end recovery attack

19 minutes ago, Snarky said:

If that doesnt kill your endurance issues you are probably running dark armor.

I admit, I lol'd. But Dark Armor's biggest end sink is Dark Regeneration, which you can dump a Theft of Essence proc into.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fire Chief said:

WOW!!! these are gonna go out the roof on the AH, price wise hurry up HC I wanna be first on after update lol

Note that one of the Perf. Shifter buttons, the straight EndMod, is only an Uncommon.  This means that rather than buying the recipe outright as a 50 merit Rare, it may be more effective to buy the 20 merit Uncommon, craft it, and do 3 merit same-set converter gambles until it lands on the Chance for End.  The odds are five to one.  There also is no reason to prefer the level 50 version of this to the level 21, they do the same thing.  The recipes, though Uncommon, require one piece of Rare salvage. 

High level Efficiency Adapter recipes are fairly frequent drops.  At level 50 a two merit same type conversion is guaranteed to land on Perf. Shifter, that's all there is,  Easier than getting them with inf. 

Edited by Heraclea
  • Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

7 minutes ago, Heraclea said:

High level Efficiency Adapter recipes are fairly frequent drops.  At level 50 a two merit same type conversion is guaranteed to land on Perf. Shifter, that's all there is,  Easier than getting them with inf. 

Actually, any level 21+ one works.  It doesn't need to be high level.  There are currently only two sets in the L21-50 range.

That will be altered to 5 sets once Page 5 goes live, thanks to 3 new EndMod sets being added at L21-50.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, siolfir said:

I admit, I lol'd. But Dark Armor's biggest end sink is Dark Regeneration, which you can dump a Theft of Essence proc into.

Does the Theft of Essence proc still help now that it's PPM?  I'll admit I've shied away from recreating my DM/DA mainly because of uncertainty about that.

2 hours ago, Vanden said:

You can't, though, it only goes down to 21.

weird, mids says so but i slot the attuned at 17 every toon. In game the attuned says minimum 17. Here's where it gets more weird - the end mod piece says minimum 7 in game. I've not tried slotting it at 7 as I pl my new toons to 17 (i run of level 49 meteor map) so idk if it's a typo or if it can actually be slotted then. in any event i take back my joking accusation of slackery and will assume people were going by mids 😄

r/e generator's question theft of essence still works in Dark regen but it's not the full refill it usually was under the old proc system. usually it'll at least pay back the cost of the power but not always. I had it in leveling but took it out once i had endurance dealt with through other means.

2 minutes ago, Veelectric Boogaloo said:

the end mod piece says minimum 7 in game. I've not tried slotting it at 7 as I pl my new toons to 17 (i run of level 49 meteor map) so idk if it's a typo or if it can actually be slotted then.

Both of the 21-50 End Mod sets have a single-effect End Mod IO that says it can be slotted at 7... and it's correct. I actually slot the attuned version at 7, and then add the +End proc at 17.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coyote said:

Both of the 21-50 End Mod sets have a single-effect End Mod IO that says it can be slotted at 7... and it's correct. I actually slot the attuned version at 7, and then add the +End proc at 17.

Does that only work attuned?  What about a level 21 proc?

edit:  Just checked in game, the Level 21 PS +End shows level 18, not level 17.

Edited by Caulderone