petition (sign this!) more slots

Snarky

3 hours ago, Sif said:

"moar slots" feels like a very bland reward for... probably primarily farming.

bland?  as bland as more costume options, more power options, and more enhancer types I suppose.  yes, bland.

Also not something I threw up as easy.  I personally don't have a vet over teen level.  I alt a lot and enjoy low level stuff.  But I think it is neat to have a main and reward a player for staying with one character.  Maybe instead of vet levels, or in combination with, badge levels.  100 vet levels plus 500 badges = 1.  200 vet levels and 700 badges = 2.  Obviously the formula would need to be tweaked.

I do stand behind the idea.  While the Homecoming team is doing a wonderful job and working to refine (and overall I like the refinements, and really appreciate all the work) the end game system is pretty much defined and not moving forward.  While small this would allow rewards to those who really stay with one character for a very long time.

Maybe every 10 VL with a maximum of 5 slots?  Could be a PITA to code though.  I'm tentatively going to say probably "no" to this although it would be nice if vet levels had a tangible effect beyond Emp merits.

• Like 2

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

Character slots? Sure.

AE story arc slots? Sure.

Enhancement slots? No. Besides, it would probably break something silly, like suddenly trying to use Brawl makes you fall down.

• Like 4

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I mean, unless you mean Enhancement Inventory Slots?  80 would be handier than 70, sure, but waiting for 100 Veteran Levels to get there is a bit much.

If you mean Enhancement Slots for Powers, the suggestion has come up time and again, and it's doubtful that something like that would be implemented.  I imagine someone more mathematically-inclined has posted a breakdown in one of the other threads about the impact additional Power Enhancement Slots might have.  Short of an Incarnate unlock, and likely limited to no more than 3 Slots., I don't see it happening.

But never say never, right?  The Homecoming Team do read everything in this board.  A "petition" is unlikely to sway them, but a reasoned argument with mathematics to back it up generally have a solid impact.  Heck; Devs even have a tendency to thank posters who do the hard work of doing air-tight calculations for them. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Corlagon said:

I thought Paragon Studios already wanted to add more Enhancement slots back in the day but couldn't feasibly do so because of the way they were coded?

Considering what a hacktacular mess of prematurely optimized spaghetti coding Cryptic Studios produced, I can TOTALLY believe this.

Still voting NO on the idea.

• Haha 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Regardless of if it could be added or not (our current coders are awesome, so I can imagine them doing stuff the old devs wrote off), I'll still have to say no. We're overpowered enough as it is, relative to the content we have access to. While I'd be okay with more power if there were more challenges added at the same time, I'm against adding in random buffs just for the sake of random buffs.

Edited by Piyerus

If you're talking about adding slots to powers beyond the current maximum, I vote "NO, thanks."

If you're talking about adding another inventory tray to hold Enhancements, I vote "YES, please."  7 trays of 10 Enhancements each is not enough for high-level characters.  I hate that I don't have enough Enhancement slot trays to hold all of my Enhancements when I do a complete respec on a character, if I want to take ALL of the Enhancements off a high-level character and give them to another one.  I have to burn two re-specs to completely strip a level 50 alt: that's annoying.

• Like 3

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

You know I could see a Vet level benefit that gives you another row of inspirations... that tray already increases as you level up so it fits thematically and it wouldn't drastically overpower the characters.  On the other hand I don't use my inspirations very much once my build matures so it's just expanding the "oh crap" button a bit.

I'm ambivalent about another enhancement tray, ever since it expanded to the current number I've never filled it other than while crafting and marketing.  On a respec it's very rare for me to be replacing more than 20 IO's in the build.   I wouldn't object to this, but I'm not sure how important it may be.  On the other hand IF the coding of the trays is remotely sensible (ROTFLMAO) that change may be a simple parameter edit.  Much easier to give to everyone than to tie it to a vet level.

One thing occurs to me, often I need to make a small modification to my IO's, currently I use unslotters for that.  I wonder if getting x number of unslotters per VL, or per 5 VL would make sense?  Then again the cost of unslotters generally isn't an issue for level 50 characters.  Of course we've all wanted a "respec lite" to only shift around a few slots without having to do the current "start from scratch" method.   I wonder if a "slot mover" is possible?

Heck, if we're just brainstorming one thing that's been requested practically from the moment respec's came about is a way to import a Mid's build directly complete with IO's, and to export a current build directly to Mids.  I know there's some folks working on an online character builder; it'd be fantastic if it could link to your account and import/modify/export your builds.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Call Me Awesome said:

Heck, if we're just brainstorming one thing that's been requested practically from the moment respec's came about is a way to import a Mid's build directly complete with IO's, and to export a current build directly to Mids.  I know there's some folks working on an online character builder; it'd be fantastic if it could link to your account and import/modify/export your builds.

For saving your current build there's /buildsave and (IIRC) /buildsavefile, which create a file in a format that Mids can typically read most of (I'm not sure if updates have made it work better, it wasn't 100% at least a few months ago and Mids lose a large chunk of the build when loading).

There's also a character "builder" being developed by the HC team, which would be able to directly pull your characters builds from the game. The initial version is planned to be read only though (IIRC there was no mention about modifying your actual character, just maybe being able to make/edit builds in the web ui a la Mids).

1 minute ago, Sif said:

For saving your current build there's /buildsave and (IIRC) /buildsavefile, which create a file in a format that Mids can typically read most of (I'm not sure if updates have made it work better, it wasn't 100% at least a few months ago and Mids lose a large chunk of the build when loading).

There's also a character "builder" being developed by the HC team, which would be able to directly pull your characters builds from the game. The initial version is planned to be read only though (IIRC there was no mention about modifying your actual character, just maybe being able to make/edit builds in the web ui a la Mids).

I saw that a bit ago, I'd forgotten about the /buildsave command.  The real time saver in a respec would be the ability to import the finished build so you don't have to go through the entire power/slot/enhancement routine.  An "import build" button on the respec screen.

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Rathulfr said:

If you're talking about adding slots to powers beyond the current maximum, I vote "NO, thanks."

If you're talking about adding another inventory tray to hold Enhancements, I vote "YES, please."  7 trays of 10 Enhancements each is not enough for high-level characters.  I hate that I don't have enough Enhancement slot trays to hold all of my Enhancements when I do a complete respec on a character, if I want to take ALL of the Enhancements off a high-level character and give them to another one.  I have to burn two re-specs to completely strip a level 50 alt: that's annoying.

That's just it,  ZERO details in the OP.

With that in mind, I vote NO.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

If I understand it correctly - having an 8th tray would be useful, sure. But..honestly, the times of it being useful are so rare, that I don't think it's worth the time. 

I respec'd a level 50 and held all my enhancements from my build after (deleting the character as I wasn't going to play it ever again)..and why would anyone need more? 

There's a finite storage for a reason. The more each character can stash, the server has to keep track not only of each slot, but what's in it - and the fact that nothing is in it. We think - oh, it's just one tray..but for each character in each account..that's a LOT. 

8 hours ago, Rathulfr said:

7 trays of 10 Enhancements each is not enough for high-level characters.  I hate that I don't have enough Enhancement slot trays to hold all of my Enhancements when I do a complete respec on a character, if I want to take ALL of the Enhancements off a high-level character and give them to another one.  I have to burn two re-specs to completely strip a level 50 alt: that's annoying.

Well ... if Unslotters did not exist ... I can see how that might be a (first world) problem for you.

But since Unslotters DO exist ... um ... plan your respec unloading better?

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

If someone needs more than 1000 Character Slots on the same Shard, then they may just want to grab another Account at that point.  I don't think there's been anyone legitimately and seriously asking for more Character Slots per Account . . . yet.

Honestly, I'm a little surprised that there -isn't- a rule about that in the Code of Conduct.  I mean, it would negatively impact me, so please don't make such a rule!  But still . . . unlimited free accounts . . . how is that tenable?

• Thanks 1