Discussion: Disabling XP No Longer Increases Influence

Jimmy

1 hour ago, Myrmidon said:

AFK Fire farming isn’t playing the game, just exploiting it.

The Ebils are the Maxwell Lords of Paragon, which is their game. No exploit there.

If this is true then the exploit is being able to set a power to auto

8 hours ago, Grouchybeast said:

No, that is not what causes inflation.  Inflation happens because the supply of inf entering circulation increases faster than the supply of goods (salvage, IOs recipes, etc).  

Do you like being able to /ah and buy a Luck of the Gambler +7.5% Rech off the shelf for a few million, instead of 75 million?  Then you should thank all those Ebil people who play converter roulette to pour those IOs into the market.  Are they making a lot of inf?  Yes, absolutely.  Are they keeping down the price of desirable IOs to levels where playing the game without farming or marketeering is still extremely viable?  Also emphatically yes. 

HC has turned marketeering into a giant machine for processing crap drops into the drops everyone wants.  The devs don't need to watch prices to identify a supply shortfall, or seed the market with the right IOs, because they've found a way to get marketeers to do all that for them.  It's actual genius.

Anyway, I don't know what 'we' want, but we do know what the devs want, and what they don't want.

I honestly think the thread should just be closed with this. The devs have stated their desires, which is in line with what actually happens. 

The horse has been dead for a long time now. We have already beat its ghost into submission and are currently searching for its friends and family to continue the beating. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Panthonca7034 said:

You can be sorry as much as you want, and the system you use while effective and useful "For You" is NOT effective or useful to me. Waiting 3, 4 or 5 days for stuff to sell at the price you want it to sell for just doesn't work for me, take into consideration that patience is not a virtue most possess, and THAT is not an exaggeration. The luck of the draw sometimes doesn't work out and its rather frustrating. The only surefire way to even win 150 Mill inf in one shot is to win a Costume Contest hands down, which for 90% of the time has become an unachievable challenge, and I won't elaborate further.

An adjustment should definitely not be ruled out, after some careful consideration and some available data, plus being able to see the other point of view.

While I respect your opinion, it is biased and therefore not factual. I can guarantee you from actual fact that the below is possible:

For example,

- Take 300 converters

- Buy 30 uncommon lvl 25 or lvl 30 recipes

- Craft them all (this is cheap)

- First convert go in family (ex, stun to stun)

- This will very frequently make an uncommon a rare and only costs 2 converters

- Now convert in category (rare to rare) until you land on something that sells for 2+ million

- Sell for 2-6 million each, priced 15-20% below last sale

The point is, you're not making stuff YOU will use, but something anyone will use. For 30 iOS it will only take 30 minutes. Post them all and go play and have fun.

Within 24 hours 15-20 will sell

20 x 3mill = 60mill inf

Take that 60mill and kit your toon.

Do that for 30 minutes 4 times a week each, that.s 240 million per week.

And that's on the stupidly low side of the spectrum, if I did that I would be at 600mill a week easily.

Facts. Go try it. You're welcome 😊.

• Like 5

I farm and will still farm the change that I will do is pay more attention to the price I sell things at because before I would get so many salvage and enhancement and fill up so quickly everything was put on the market for 1 inf  but maybe that was just me

1 hour ago, Panthonca7034 said:

You can be sorry as much as you want, and the system you use while effective and useful "For You" is NOT effective or useful to me. Waiting 3, 4 or 5 days for stuff to sell at the price you want it to sell for just doesn't work for me, take into consideration that patience is not a virtue most possess, and THAT is not an exaggeration. The luck of the draw sometimes doesn't work out and its rather frustrating. The only surefire way to even win 150 Mill inf in one shot is to win a Costume Contest hands down, which for 90% of the time has become an unachievable challenge, and I won't elaborate further.

An adjustment should definitely not be ruled out, after some careful consideration and some available data, plus being able to see the other point of view.

Market prices are set by purchasers, players with patience that are willing to wait hours or even days when bidding for an item can save hundreds, thousands or even millions on a purchase. Players without any patience pay a premium, call it a "convenience" fee.

As for winning costume contests, there's a thread that may be of some help...

• Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

22 minutes ago, Inoshita said:

I would get so many salvage and enhancement and fill up so quickly everything was put on the market for 1 inf  but maybe that was just me

I don't think so. Several farmers have said they do the same thing for the same reason. One minor variant is to set a minimum price for high value recipes just to avoid low-ball bids.

In theory, you might be able to work out the optimal selling price for everything. Perhaps that would be the highest price that would sell before your next session. In practice, there are far too many recipes to keep track of. FWIW, the general opinion in the marketeer community is that listing all your recipes for 1 will get you most of the optimum value anyway. I'd guess around 90%.

You might be able to double the value of your drops by crafting and converting. That would significantly cut down on your farming time though and would also require a huge amount of knowledge.

In short, if you prefer farming to marketing then your current approach makes perfect sense to me.

3 minutes ago, Gremlin said:

FWIW, the general opinion in the marketeer community is that listing all your recipes for 1 will get you most of the optimum value anyway. I'd guess around 90%.

I strongly disagree, although I don't sell recipes very often.  I vehemently disagree if you replace "recipes" with "set IOs".  I've been playing around with a speed run and lots of things that habitually trade ~4-6mm have HOBs well under 1mm.

Who run Bartertown?

My pro selling strategy is to eyeball an average from the last five sales and subtract about 200 to 500k inf. Usually sells within a day to a value I'm happy with.

Sometimes it misses if the last five sales have been anomalous or if the IOs are settling into a new equilibrium (The new IOs have been very hit-and-miss), but it does the trick for a fairly casual player.

Definitely don't just sell for prices that you want to sell at. That's just too hopeful and it doesn't work that way. You gotta list at prices people will buy things.

Edited by Lines

24 minutes ago, Gremlin said:

I don't think so. Several farmers have said they do the same thing for the same reason. One minor variant is to set a minimum price for high value recipes just to avoid low-ball bids.

In theory, you might be able to work out the optimal selling price for everything. Perhaps that would be the highest price that would sell before your next session. In practice, there are far too many recipes to keep track of. FWIW, the general opinion in the marketeer community is that listing all your recipes for 1 will get you most of the optimum value anyway. I'd guess around 90%.

You might be able to double the value of your drops by crafting and converting. That would significantly cut down on your farming time though and would also require a huge amount of knowledge.

In short, if you prefer farming to marketing then your current approach makes perfect sense to me.

who I'm I kidding started to care about the price then switch back to 1 Inf  and crafting is to much work  Semi AFK farm damn enemies won't run to me

2 hours ago, Panthonca7034 said:

Waiting 3, 4 or 5 days for stuff to sell at the price you want it to sell for just doesn't work for me, take into consideration that patience is not a virtue most possess, and THAT is not an exaggeration.

I just wanted to say I loved you in Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, Veruca.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

1 hour ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I strongly disagree, although I don't sell recipes very often.  I vehemently disagree if you replace "recipes" with "set IOs".  I've been playing around with a speed run and lots of things that habitually trade ~4-6mm have HOBs well under 1mm.

If you disagree then I've almost certainly dropped the ball on this one. I withdraw my comment.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gremlin said:

If you disagree then I've almost certainly dropped the ball on this one. I withdraw my comment.

I'm all for people selling things at 1 inf, but in my experience you are unlikely even to get 50% of "fair" value.  Exceptions might be for stuff like Winter Os and purples, where selling an avalanche for 1 inf *might* net you 20mm.  It all depends on what the outstanding bids are, and if my bids are any indication, those bids are going to be as low as possible!  Ebil doesn't grow on trees you know!

Who run Bartertown?

26 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I'm all for people selling things at 1 inf, but in my experience you are unlikely even to get 50% of "fair" value.  Exceptions might be for stuff like Winter Os and purples, where selling an avalanche for 1 inf *might* net you 20mm.  It all depends on what the outstanding bids are, and if my bids are any indication, those bids are going to be as low as possible!  Ebil doesn't grow on trees you know!

those type of enhancemet are worth more to me in a storage bin then sell

4 hours ago, Panthonca7034 said:

You can be sorry as much as you want, and the system you use while effective and useful "For You" is NOT effective or useful to me. Waiting 3, 4 or 5 days for stuff to sell at the price you want it to sell for just doesn't work for me, take into consideration that patience is not a virtue most possess, and THAT is not an exaggeration. The luck of the draw sometimes doesn't work out and its rather frustrating.

I gotta say: I think you've been slacking lately on buying some of the items I recently posted. It's been like 12 hours and they haven't sold. That's on you bro'. Cut out the jibber-jabber and get back to spending that sweet sweet inf.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I post everything for 100....and on purples (recipes) I usually get 12m to 17m each....on ATOs (from packs) I get around 5m each.  

I know I am doing it wrong but I dont care lol 😝

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, EmmySky said:

I post everything for 100....and on purples (recipes) I usually get 12m to 17m each....on ATOs (from packs) I get around 5m each.  

I know I am doing it wrong but I dont care lol 😝

Hey if it works for you great I only farm to get my next Alt  50  IO'd out 

9 hours ago, tidge said:

I gotta say: I think you've been slacking lately on buying some of the items I recently posted. It's been like 12 hours and they haven't sold. That's on you bro'. Cut out the jibber-jabber and get back to spending that sweet sweet inf.

1. Namely because I don't know who you are, or the shard you play on, 2. Following your statement I'm not interested in finding out, as that was perceived as disrespectful and condescending just so you know, 3. At this point, good manners on your part will help immensely, and I'm not your "Bro"...

12 hours ago, Saikochoro said:

I honestly think the thread should just be closed with this. The devs have stated their desires...

As painful as it sounds, I agree with you Saikochoro, this thread has begun to devolve into something that it shouldn't devolve into. It's pointless, fruitless and useless to continue to even address the matter anymore.

I guess its time to lock the thread and discontinue any further discussion...

11 hours ago, Luminara said:

I just wanted to say I loved you in Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, Veruca.

Yep, time to lock the thread. That comparison is as inaccurate as a 1963 Pontiac Tempest being compared to a 1963 Corvette... -.-

Edited by Panthonca7034
Correcting sentence and grammar usage

Since I'm done offering encouragement, and since I'm not a car person...

8 hours ago, Panthonca7034 said:

5 hours ago, Luminara said:

I think that @Luminarawas pretty spot on?  Maybe you are not familiar with the reference.  It's about a spoiled child with no patience.

Here's a video for your viewing pleasure:

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Who run Bartertown?

5 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Since I'm done offering encouragement, and since I'm not a car person...

I think that @Luminarawas pretty spot on?  Maybe you are not familiar with the reference.  It's about a spoiled child with no patience.

Sorry but no, it's not spot on, I believe the reference from From Samurai Jack would have made a better comparison, since Veruca has absolutely no bearing on this matter... (and also perceived as condescendingly disrespectful) Here are both clips for YOUR viewing pleasure.

Samurai Jack Reference (Finding Balance within inner turmoil)

And the Car Reference came from "My Cousin Vinny"

This conversation is over... and this has become a touchy subject...

Edited by Panthonca7034
Making corrections and adding a point

This thread: A Play in One Act

Powerwalker:  Boy, I love powerwalking!  It's easily the best way to get around from place to place!  Imma gonna win all kinds of races against those stupid regular walkers!

Race official:  Actually, it's not powerwalking, legally, unless you have one foot on the ground at all times.  Otherwise it's jogging.  Sorry, but you can't jog in a powerwalking race.

Powerwalker:  UNFAIR!

Race official:  Noted.  We think it's best for the racing community.

Powerwalker:  C'MON RACE OFFICIAL!  I DON'T HAVE TIME TO POWERWALK BY YOUR DEFINITION!

Cowman:  Um, hey, if you need to get somewhere, I can give you a lift in my car.

Powerwalker:  CARS SUCK!  POWERWALKING FASTER!

Cowman:  Well, not really.  Say, would you like me to give you a car?  And driving lessons?  No charge.  You mentioned you were pressed for time.

Powerwalker:  NERF CARS!!!  NONE SHOULD BE FASTER THAN POWERWALKERS!  CARS RUIN THE ENVIRONMENT AND SHOULD BE BANNED!

Walker:  You know, I'm just fine with this.  Go on and walk as fast as you want, I'm just enjoying the scenery.

Cowman:  You're right, the scenery is nice.

Powerwalker: ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Who run Bartertown?

4 hours ago, Panthonca7034 said:

1 Namely because I don't know who you are, or the shard you play on, 2 following your statement I'm not interested in finding out, as that was perceived as disrespectful and condescending just so you know.

As painful as it sounds, I agree with you Saikochoro, this thread has begun to devolve into something that it shouldn't devolve into. It's pointless, fruitless and useless to continue to even address the matter anymore.

I guess its time to lock the thread and discontinue any further discussion...

Yep, time to lock the thread. That comparison is inaccurate as a 1963 Pontiac Tempest being compared to a 1963 Corvette... -.-

But, do you like pie?

I like pie.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/16/2020 at 9:54 AM, Seed22 said:

Now the XP nerf? I disagree with. I mean they're playing the game the way they want to, what exactly is wrong with that?

Right, you disagree. I don't think AE should have XP (or at least should be capped on the amount you can earn, either per-level or per-24 hour period) to make it more realistic to a "training environment" for an up and coming Superhero. You can't do everything in the simulator. That's just me. My suggestion is only slightly more likely to get implemented than many of the others in this thread, such as removing converters, etc. That's my point. Everyone feels "their way" is the "right" way to play. 

On 4/16/2020 at 6:16 PM, Saikochoro said:

Just because that’s how it was on live doesn’t mean that’s how it should be. People would just find the next best way to power level. There is nothing wrong with power leveling. There are a lot of people that have played the lower levels to death and just don’t enjoy them and hence skip them. People who enjoy leveling slowly still have the option to do so. This change would only eliminate a play style that many enjoy just because others don’t agree with it.  Power leveling is a choice and should remain a choice. 

That's why we have double XP boosters. You can have a 2XP Weekend anytime you want, that was not an option on live. Run DXP and you'll be through those levels very quickly. You won't make any inf, but you rarely do at those levels anyway. 

On 4/17/2020 at 12:12 AM, EyeLuvBooks said:

I'm willing to bet that the SCORE team can figure this out with the tools at their disposal and I for one would like to know because I think many of the people commenting here are making broad sweeping assumptions to support their points of view.

If the SCORE teams wants to stop an Inf exploit simply capping the Inf seems to fix the problem.

Just wanna put this out there. SCORE != Homecoming, they are not the same team, per-se, and referring to Homecoming as SCORE is slightly disingenuous. 

5 hours ago, Panthonca7034 said:

Yep, time to lock the thread. That comparison is inaccurate as a 1963 Pontiac Tempest being compared to a 1963 Corvette... -.-

That's a great "My Cousin Vinny" reference, thank you!

• Like 2