OMG!!! CITY OF HEROS IS BACK?????

So imagine if you will. I downloaded Dcu online and didn't like it. thought about downloading champions online again and playing.....until, I see a video titled " City of heros back in 2019." My jaw hit the floor. I Was eighteen when this game first came out and LOVED IT. I JUST NOW found out that this was being run on a private server and am currently downloading. I absolutely can't wait to start playing again. With that being said I have a few questions.

1. Is this server still populated? 

2. Is there pvp? 

3. Do you guys still do the AWESOME costume contests that players used to do back in the day?

Thanks in advance. 

• Like 7

Welcome back!

1. Yes.  Excelsior is the most populated server by far.  Everlasting (the unofficial RP server), is the second most populated.

2. Only on Indomitable, which is the unofficial PvP server.

3. Yes.  There are costume contests, typically held either in Atlas Park or Kallisti Wharf.

Just now, Apparition said:

Welcome back!

1. Yes.  Excelsior is the most populated server by far.  Everlasting (the unofficial RP server), is the second most populated.

3. Yes.  There are costume contests, typically held either in Atlas Park or Kallisti Wharf.

Thanks alot man! GOD I can't wait to start playing again. See you all in game 🙂

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Welcome back!

Indomitable also has a decent enough population that task forces, trials, raids, and whatnot are still run on a regular basis. So if you are into pvp that might be your best bet. 

Edit: meant this to be a reply to the OP not you. Sorry. 

Edited by Saikochoro

Welcome Home!

It should be mentioned that PvP exists on all the Shards, -but- Indomitable is the officially unofficially official PvP Shard, and has frequent organized and random PvP.  There have even been Homecoming Team-supported PvP events with rewards.   *gives a slightly jealous stare for a moment*

Homecoming and SCoRE have also added and changed a few things from what you may remember of the Legacy servers.  For example, one of the newest additions was the General Chat:  A Shard-wide channel to help alleviate the nonhelpful chatter in the Help Channel.   I can't speak for the other Shards, but it's been pretty good for Everlasting, mostly.  Help Channel is pretty on-point these days there.

There's also the new Electrical Affinity Support Set for Defenders, Masterminds, Corruptors, and Controllers.  That's quite new!

And there's the Sentinel Archetype:  Blast Primary with Survival Secondary.  It's widely considered to be subpar in teams, but there are some dedicated supporters of the Archetype who really appreciate what it can do while solo.  I solo'd DFB with an unenhanced Sentinel, for example (Tinder was the hardest part, honestly).

• Like 1

Welcome home. Check out the old content, the “new issue 24” and all the homecoming content- issues 25 and 26.  More updates to come.

as a casual player it’s fun to drop in for a 30 minute run or longer.  I find teaming easy.  I miss my old super group but the community remains friendly and fun.  All those other mmos I tried over the years?  Yeah I haven’t looked back.

• Like 1

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

1 hour ago, Sepherion said:

So imagine if you will. I downloaded Dcu online and didn't like it. thought about downloading champions online again and playing.....until, I see a video titled " City of heros back in 2019." My jaw hit the floor. I Was eighteen when this game first came out and LOVED IT. I JUST NOW found out that this was being run on a private server and am currently downloading. I absolutely can't wait to start playing again. With that being said I have a few questions.

1. Is this server still populated? 

2. Is there pvp? 

3. Do you guys still do the AWESOME costume contests that players used to do back in the day?

Thanks in advance. 

1. Yes.  I find it easier to find teams then on Live.

2. Some.. but this was never a huge thing on CoH. 

3. Yes, they do.

And Welcome Home.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Welcome home. Sorry it took you a while to find it, but you will find it better than ever.

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

Did you see the archetype sentinels (ranged toons with defense)!

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Welcome home to you, and anyone else recently arrived!  It's great to have you back!  I'm sure there are more folks like you who long to play this game again that don't know it's back.  If you know any of them, be sure to tell them!

• Like 1

What was no more, is REBORN!

Welcome back!  Welcome home!

In addition to all the previously-had fun, there's a LOT of new stuff on the Homecoming servers: new powersets (electrical affinity, experimentation power pool, etc.), new powerset proliferation (masterminds can get kinetics now! and many more), new costume options (new patterns and a new option for asymmetrical boots and gloves), a new AT (sentinels; ranged primary and armor secondary), new IO sets, new badges, even some new PLAYERS (which both amazes me and is not surprising in the least, if that's possible)!!

Come and check stuff out!  We'll see you in the City!

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

Welcome back. I play on Indomitable and Everlasting. 

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

Ohai new friend , you bring the donuts?

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?