In praise of Team Inspirations

Troyusrex

I think inspirations don't get the love they deserve and Team Inspirations doubly so. I trade a LOT of Super Packs so I find myself in possession of crazy numbers of Team inspirations (sitting in Character Items in Email where they don't take up space and I can grab them any time!). As such, I've played around with them a lot more than most people and I've found a few great uses for them:

1) In an ITF, pop a large team break-free (or whatever it's called) right after Rommy is killed and before he re-awakens. No one has to break LOS and no one gets stunned. You do need three, one for each of his respawns.

2) In Hami raids. I get on one of the damage teams and hit 10+ large team damage inspirations right was we go for Hami. I have never failed a raid where I did this and more than once we zerged Hami even though going in they didn't think we'd be able to.

3) If a TF is going south I'll grab a bunch of whatever it is we need most (Usually either damage or defense). This has turned around many an AV fight that was going badly.

I'm sure there are a ton more good uses, and I'd love to hear them. My only regret is that teams almost never notice that they've been buffed from out of nowhere and it helped turn the tide for us. 

I will also use them in any mission with an ally I can't buff/heal.  For example, I'll use them in Provost Marchand's arc, as often the missions are a bit too difficult for the allies to survive without some help.

Edited by Ukase

36 minutes ago, MTeague said:

I claim all my Team Inspirations on my Masterminds.  I will use them if the team needs a boost, but primarily I use them to boost my Ninjas/Thugs/Puppies.

same here, my MM is the only one that unlocked team inspiration drops at P2W. My others  combine to cover a weakness with insp, and cant afford to clog the tray with team imbuements.

• Like 1
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

You can also buy them with incarnate threads from Luna in Oro (she's the juggling NPC to the right side of the platform).   If your toon has unlocked all their powers to Tier 4, there's nothing else to spend threads on, so you might as well grab some inspirations.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

25 minutes ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

I thought she only sold the Mega Inspirations?

Been a few since i shoppe at her but I asm fairly sure she sells super insp, and super team insps. I actually keep a insp storage chest full of sucha t the mansion but only use them on midnighter team runs when pushing the dif abit.

19 hours ago, MTeague said:

I claim all my Team Inspirations on my Masterminds.  I will use them if the team needs a boost, but primarily I use them to boost my Ninjas/Thugs/Puppies.

You know you, not to go off topic, but wouldn't it be amazing if inspirations as a MM effected all your pets by default.  There would definitely be a reasonable case to be argued!

On topic, where do you get team inspirations from, I have never seen any, ever!

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

MM's can at least drop inspirations on their pets and it uses them on that pet.  Controllers can't do that. I use the team inspirations to but my Phantasm. I assume it would work on Imps or other as well, I've just not got another Controller / Dom to pet level yet to confirm.

Based on memory alone, since I'm not in-game right now:  Team Inspirations are available as random Drops if you visit a P2W Vendor and spend something like 50,000 or 100,000 to enable them from the "Inspirations" category.

They are also available as "loot" from the Super Packs, which go in to your "Character Items" Tab of the in-game email when opened.  Hit the "Claim" button there to collect them . . . one . . . at . . . a . . . time . . . 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hardship said:

MM's can at least drop inspirations on their pets and it uses them on that pet.  Controllers can't do that. I use the team inspirations to but my Phantasm. I assume it would work on Imps or other as well, I've just not got another Controller / Dom to pet level yet to confirm.

Yeah MM pets are ‘henchman’ and treated differently to regular pets. Inspirations can be dropped on them one at a time, but imo it’s just another fiddle on an already fiddly AT. I just meant it MM’s could use insps and have it effect all pets, it would be so much better from a gameplay point of view. 

13 hours ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

Based on memory alone, since I'm not in-game right now:  Team Inspirations are available as random Drops if you visit a P2W Vendor and spend something like 50,000 or 100,000 to enable them from the "Inspirations" category.

They are also available as "loot" from the Super Packs, which go in to your "Character Items" Tab of the in-game email when opened.  Hit the "Claim" button there to collect them . . . one . . . at . . . a . . . time . . . 

Oh you have to unlock them for them to drop? I will investigate tonight! I like being a team player, so team inspirations really appeals to me.

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

I love Team Inspirations!

It feels so nice when a teammate says "Oh crap, I'm out of blue", and you can hop over to them on a tanker and pop an inspiration to help them out. No worries about their tray being full, no issues with them failing to hit the right buttons because they are distracted with other issues. Of course it doesn't hurt that the big ones sell for okay Inf on the Auction House 🙂

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Peacemoon said:

You know you, not to go off topic, but wouldn't it be amazing if inspirations as a MM effected all your pets by default.  There would definitely be a reasonable case to be argued!

On topic, where do you get team inspirations from, I have never seen any, ever!

I'd love it if inspirations affected MM henchmen by default.  I'm thinking it might be considered OP, but I would not darn them to heck if they made such a change.

as @ImpousVileTerrorsaid, P2W or Superpacks. I tend to get mine from Superpacks.  I never have a giant supply, but those I do have, go to the MM's.

But also note, as @Major_Decoy said you can't combine them.  If you have too many team +greens?  you cannot combine them to a make a team +purple or a team +red.

Also, to best of my knowlege there is no such thing as a team +wakie.

Edited by MTeague

As someone who primarily soloed for 6 months just to relearn the game and get into the swing of things, I didn't understand what these were when I got them from super packs so I would just sell them on AH.  Now I am teaming any time I can find a team that'll have me and I believe I will hoard these for those TF moments that go sideways.  Thanks for the heads up amd explanation!

Yep, unlock them from the P2W vendor and I get them all the time.  Great for my MM.

I hate the not being able to combine them though.  I swear I've gotten like 50 of them to drop so far since I unlocked them and not a single team defense one among them (which would be the most useful for my near resistance capped zombies).  Plenty of greens, yellows, reds, oranges, blues, but not a single purple.   Starting to wonder if team defense ones can even drop.  And no I don't have defense inspirations turned off. 

Edited by Riverdusk
  • Like 1

• 1 month later
On 5/29/2020 at 8:17 PM, Riverdusk said:

I hate the not being able to combine them though.  I swear I've gotten like 50 of them to drop so far since I unlocked them and not a single team defense one among them (which would be the most useful for my near resistance capped zombies).  Plenty of greens, yellows, reds, oranges, blues, but not a single purple.  

Interestingly, while I think so highly of team inspirations, I too have drops turned off. But I'm a huge trader or Super packs so I have many in Character items/email that I can grab anytime (I just counted and I have 2,091 team inspirations there, almost all types with more than 100). This way they don't take up room in the tray and any alt on the account can use them. Of course, super packs are a lot of work and $$.

On 5/26/2020 at 6:18 PM, Troyusrex said:

1) In an ITF, pop a large team break-free (or whatever it's called) right after Rommy is killed and before he re-awakens. No one has to break LOS and no one gets stunned. You do need three, one for each of his respawns.

2) In Hami raids. I get on one of the damage teams and hit 10+ large team damage inspirations right was we go for Hami. I have never failed a raid where I did this and more than once we zerged Hami even though going in they didn't think we'd be able to.

3) If a TF is going south I'll grab a bunch of whatever it is we need most (Usually either damage or defense). This has turned around many an AV fight that was going badly.

I've done versions of all three of these.  I haven't popped 10 vs. Hami, but as a troller I'll generally pop a team acc/dmg and a team dmg right before we charge in, just to get started on the first couple of green mitos.

My normal loadout these days:  4 large team acc/dmg, 4 large team dmg, 4 large team heal/end, 4 large team break-free, 3 Ultimate, 1 Immortal Recovery.  (I've bought a decent number of super inspirations from the AH because I'd rather spend inf than threads.)  I rarely use the Ultimates except against a high-level AV, and I rarely use the Immortal Recovery because I have 3 self-rez temp powers (Return to Battle from the P2W vendor, Renewal of Light from the winter vendor, and the expendable self-rez from pack drops).  I almost never use inspirations while soloing.  During a Hami raid, I'll store the last 3 columns to free up space for EoE drops.

On 5/28/2020 at 12:33 PM, EmmySky said:

As someone who primarily soloed for 6 months just to relearn the game and get into the swing of things, I didn't understand what these were when I got them from super packs so I would just sell them on AH.  Now I am teaming any time I can find a team that'll have me and I believe I will hoard these for those TF moments that go sideways.  Thanks for the heads up amd explanation!

I would never use them on teams, because I have that hoarder's disease that means I'm always going to save it for that dire situation that never seems to come.  Then I realized that the reason they are so cheap on the AH is that people who get them from super packs tend to dump them for 1-5 inf.  So over the past month or so I've been soaking them up in bunches and I use them when the wind blows in the wrong direction.

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?