Jump to content

Mid's Reborn: Hero Designer


crytilis

Recommended Posts

Mids stopped working and now when I go to the site to download it Firefox tells me there's a Trojan Virus and to beware.

 

I try reloading an old copy and Bitdefender shuts it down.

 

WTH Mids, you were working earlier today?! I just erased 50+ builds trying to get you to work again....

"Sanity is a one-trick pony.

You only get one trick: Rational Thinking.

Ahh, but when you're good and crazy, the sky's the limit!"

-The Tick 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I never delete builds.  If they aren't working I may move them or rename them, but I don't delete them.  I had 30 builds that were broken until Zed found the issue and fixed it so I could load them again in 3.0.5.9.

 

As for your issue,  I'm not having it with AVG with a 3.0.5.9 that was updated via "Check for..." from 3.0.5.7 a few days ago.  Sounds like Bitdefender got a new virus definitions update and returned a - hopefully - false positive.

Edited by csr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.png.1bfa7025d758744bb64f53b083c252ab.png

I am getting this error anytime I try to open Mids or any saved builds since the latest Windows update. Anyone have a idea what I should do to fix it?

Uninstall and reinstall seemed to work.

Edited by Apian
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was getting an error with v3.0.5.9 today that I hadn't noticed before. Tried a repair install but same deal. Removed and reinstalled it and the program would open at least, but I get this error after trying to open basically any saved build I try.

 

MidsReborn_dC6y1iy9KL.png.1e28be99ab9728fed975656e30858eeb.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/12/2021 at 10:40 PM, Apian said:

image.png.1bfa7025d758744bb64f53b083c252ab.png

I am getting this error anytime I try to open Mids or any saved builds since the latest Windows update. Anyone have a idea what I should do to fix it?

Uninstall and reinstall seemed to work.

I'm getting the same thing today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/16/2021 at 5:28 PM, PluckySidekick said:

Yeah,

I got some old versions to work but when I tried to update them it added .bak to all my files and erased the Executable. >.>

I hope you guys out there get it figured out.

Thanks in advance! 

 

Well, I downloaded the latest version and it looks like the problem was solved before I discovered it... So, yeah... Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure if I found a bug or if I am incorrect in how the game is operating. I have a build that has 4 LotG: +Recharges and it also has two sets that are giving +7.5% Recharge. This is not showing a problem on the Sets & Bonuses window. Do LotG +Recharges not count towards the "Rule of Five" or is there a bug in Mid's for not catching that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Griffyn said:

Not sure if I found a bug or if I am incorrect in how the game is operating. I have a build that has 4 LotG: +Recharges and it also has two sets that are giving +7.5% Recharge. This is not showing a problem on the Sets & Bonuses window. Do LotG +Recharges not count towards the "Rule of Five" or is there a bug in Mid's for not catching that?

Not a bug. If you'll check your set bonuses in game you'll see that LoTG 7.5% is a special separate bonus from the various 7.5% bonuses in sets. Can have 5 of each.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later

Not sure what might be wrong with my install, but when I click on a link that says "Click this DataLink to open the build!" in a forum post, nothing happens. It used to work, so I have no idea why it doesn't now. I tried a complete uninstall and reinstall, but it didn't make things any better. I tried quite a few links in different posts but none of them worked.

 

Any advice on how to fix this issue?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/10/2021 at 4:47 PM, OldLost said:

Not sure what might be wrong with my install, but when I click on a link that says "Click this DataLink to open the build!" in a forum post, nothing happens. It used to work, so I have no idea why it doesn't now. I tried a complete uninstall and reinstall, but it didn't make things any better. I tried quite a few links in different posts but none of them worked.

 

Any advice on how to fix this issue?

 

That function immediately downloads the file to wherever my browser defaults to saving them, but doesn't open it after for me, so I have to click on it still. You might want to check if you see the files in your corresponding location.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later

Still no luck getting clicking on the link to work, but Powershell to the rescue!

 

$x = 'https://www.midsreborn.com/builds/download.php?uc=blahblahblah'
(Invoke-WebRequest -Uri $x).RawContent | Out-File c:\filename.mxd

 

This creates the file from the build. You just have to right-click on the link and copy to clipboard, then paste into the value of $x.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Tailcoat said:

Is it possible to set individual enhancements to 50 +5? I'm not sure what "Relative Levels" means and I don't want to set them all to 55, just some purples. 

 

The + and - keys can be used to do this.  Mouse over the enhancement you are about to place and use those keys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

 

The + and - keys can be used to do this.  Mouse over the enhancement you are about to place and use those keys.

 

Nothing happens. Does it only work for the Numlock keys because my laptop doesn't have those.

 

EDIT: Never mind. I got it. 

Edited by Tailcoat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later
4 hours ago, mcdoogss said:

Is there an ETA or typical timeline from when power changes from a patch like Page 3 go live and then get rolled out to Mids?

All the stoners are going to be freeballing for a while. 😄

  • Haha 1

Smashing/Lethal Farmer and a Giant Monster Hunter on Excelsior

Monster Hunters: Blue Idoru (Main, Elec/Kin Corruptor), Kurodoru (Dark/Dark Brute), Canadian Content (Rad/Atom Blaster)

Try Arc IDs: 44869 "The Orb" - Smashing/Lethal Farm on the Troll Cave map with 99 mobs, all patrols.  45166 "Hail The Orb" - Smashing/Lethal Farm on the Dreck Freakshow map with 151 mobs, 61 Elite Bosses

Farmers: Freak Out (Rad/Fire Brute, Fire Farmer), Dara Kill (Dark/Spines Tanker, S/L Farmer), Freak Fire (Fire/Rad Tanker, Farm Everything), Blue Idoru (Main, Elec/Kin Corr, Farm Anything), Spidoru (Crabbermind, Farm Anything), various other fighters and support.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...