Mid's Reborn: Hero Designer

Metalios

Mids stopped working and now when I go to the site to download it Firefox tells me there's a Trojan Virus and to beware.

I try reloading an old copy and Bitdefender shuts it down.

WTH Mids, you were working earlier today?! I just erased 50+ builds trying to get you to work again....

What, me worry?

I never delete builds.  If they aren't working I may move them or rename them, but I don't delete them.  I had 30 builds that were broken until Zed found the issue and fixed it so I could load them again in 3.0.5.9.

As for your issue,  I'm not having it with AVG with a 3.0.5.9 that was updated via "Check for..." from 3.0.5.7 a few days ago.  Sounds like Bitdefender got a new virus definitions update and returned a - hopefully - false positive.

Edited by csr

image.png.1bfa7025d758744bb64f53b083c252ab.png

I am getting this error anytime I try to open Mids or any saved builds since the latest Windows update. Anyone have a idea what I should do to fix it?

Uninstall and reinstall seemed to work.

Edited by Apian

I was getting an error with v3.0.5.9 today that I hadn't noticed before. Tried a repair install but same deal. Removed and reinstalled it and the program would open at least, but I get this error after trying to open basically any saved build I try.

MidsReborn_dC6y1iy9KL.png.1e28be99ab9728fed975656e30858eeb.png

@dungeoness and @eloora on Excelsior

<Federation of United Cosmic Knights>

On 8/12/2021 at 10:40 PM, Apian said:

image.png.1bfa7025d758744bb64f53b083c252ab.png

I am getting this error anytime I try to open Mids or any saved builds since the latest Windows update. Anyone have a idea what I should do to fix it?

Uninstall and reinstall seemed to work.

I'm getting the same thing today.

On 8/16/2021 at 5:28 PM, PluckySidekick said:

Yeah,

I got some old versions to work but when I tried to update them it added .bak to all my files and erased the Executable. >.>

I hope you guys out there get it figured out.

Thanks in advance! 

Well, I downloaded the latest version and it looks like the problem was solved before I discovered it... So, yeah... Thanks!

Not sure if I found a bug or if I am incorrect in how the game is operating. I have a build that has 4 LotG: +Recharges and it also has two sets that are giving +7.5% Recharge. This is not showing a problem on the Sets & Bonuses window. Do LotG +Recharges not count towards the "Rule of Five" or is there a bug in Mid's for not catching that?

2 hours ago, Griffyn said:

Not sure if I found a bug or if I am incorrect in how the game is operating. I have a build that has 4 LotG: +Recharges and it also has two sets that are giving +7.5% Recharge. This is not showing a problem on the Sets & Bonuses window. Do LotG +Recharges not count towards the "Rule of Five" or is there a bug in Mid's for not catching that?

Not a bug. If you'll check your set bonuses in game you'll see that LoTG 7.5% is a special separate bonus from the various 7.5% bonuses in sets. Can have 5 of each.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

Not sure what might be wrong with my install, but when I click on a link that says "Click this DataLink to open the build!" in a forum post, nothing happens. It used to work, so I have no idea why it doesn't now. I tried a complete uninstall and reinstall, but it didn't make things any better. I tried quite a few links in different posts but none of them worked.

Any advice on how to fix this issue?

On 9/10/2021 at 4:47 PM, OldLost said:

Not sure what might be wrong with my install, but when I click on a link that says "Click this DataLink to open the build!" in a forum post, nothing happens. It used to work, so I have no idea why it doesn't now. I tried a complete uninstall and reinstall, but it didn't make things any better. I tried quite a few links in different posts but none of them worked.

Any advice on how to fix this issue?

That function immediately downloads the file to wherever my browser defaults to saving them, but doesn't open it after for me, so I have to click on it still. You might want to check if you see the files in your corresponding location.

@dungeoness and @eloora on Excelsior

<Federation of United Cosmic Knights>

• 2 weeks later

Still no luck getting clicking on the link to work, but Powershell to the rescue!

$x = 'https://www.midsreborn.com/builds/download.php?uc=blahblahblah'
(Invoke-WebRequest -Uri $x).RawContent | Out-File c:\filename.mxd

This creates the file from the build. You just have to right-click on the link and copy to clipboard, then paste into the value of $x.

8 minutes ago, Tailcoat said:

Is it possible to set individual enhancements to 50 +5? I'm not sure what "Relative Levels" means and I don't want to set them all to 55, just some purples. 

The + and - keys can be used to do this.  Mouse over the enhancement you are about to place and use those keys.

44 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

The + and - keys can be used to do this.  Mouse over the enhancement you are about to place and use those keys.

Nothing happens. Does it only work for the Numlock keys because my laptop doesn't have those.

EDIT: Never mind. I got it. 

Edited by Tailcoat

• 1 month later
3 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

SoonTM

Eagerly awaiting this update. 
Thanks so much to whoever makes Mids' for this amazing tool!

• Like 1

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.