Mid's Reborn: Hero Designer

Metalios

3 hours ago, HornyBeast said:

I'm mousing over Dark nova emanation, it's showing as Shadow step, mousing over the IOs shows the IO in the one slot that is in shadow step for the first, and the shadow step info for the others.

The build is https://forums.homecomingservers.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=1095

(Matt_miracle's WS from the end of Dechs Kaison's MFing warshade guide thread)

For some reason it WILL not allow me to either delete the post or the extra 3 copies of the graphic it's randomly inserted, please ignore the images below this.

You're gonna hate this answer, but you're gonna have to slightly rebuild it. Because it's an old build, the inherents (Shadow Step and Shadow Recall) are occupying the same position as Dark Nova Emanation and Dark Nova Detonation. I'll see if Metalios can write some code that will re-organize inherent powers when opening a build, but that could possibly cause issues with other people's builds. In my opinion, it's probably best to bite the bullet and create a new build and copy the slotting over.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

On 1/19/2021 at 10:44 AM, HornyBeast said:

image.thumb.png.a7191f9f4658357a20cbd0e5279942e3.png

I'm mousing over Dark nova emanation, it's showing as Shadow step, mousing over the IOs shows the IO in the one slot that is in shadow step for the first, and the shadow step info for the others.

The build is https://forums.homecomingservers.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=1095

(Matt_miracle's WS from the end of Dechs Kaison's MFing warshade guide thread)

For some reason it WILL not allow me to either delete the post or the extra 3 copies of the graphic it's randomly inserted, please ignore the images below this.

image.png

image.png

image.png

This has been resolved in the latest version 🙂 Enjoy!

• Like 1

I am merely the guy with a keyboard and monitor under the stairs.

Woo, updates!

There is still some weirdness with TFC though: Actually it looks like we may need to re-do some builds as they are funky with all prestige powers still visible, TFC linked to a sprint, heck I no longer have Energy Focus inherent visible in my EM tanker. Birthing pangs though.

Is there a way we can tweak the color scheme back to how it was? Call me old but I liked it. Found the color options in the configuration, I'll try to remember how it used to look and tweak it. Small bug: the program does not remember custom colors we have set.

I also noticed that Blood Frenzy's inherent in Savage Melee did not impact the calculations of a build's recharge or endurance cost. It might do with a scale as well.

Edited by Sovera

2 hours ago, Sovera said:

I also noticed that Blood Frenzy's inherent in Savage Melee did not impact the calculations of a build's recharge or endurance cost. It might do with a scale as well.

Got a screenshot of what you're seeing? Here's a Scrapper, I set the inherent to 1 stack. My other powers show the endurance and recharge reduction.

image.png.60e5d439163ee21bb8b9e5587647bf4d.png

image.png.217cdbe05ce6135c639337b483fd7b19.png

Now, Savage Melee does need to be looked at. For instance, the DamBuff and +EndRdx from Savage Strike should not be there. That is likely a relic from before we fixed Blood Frenzy last year. Powerset sweeps like that will just take time to fix as it depends on priority.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

3 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Got a screenshot of what you're seeing? Here's a Scrapper, I set the inherent to 1 stack. My other powers show the endurance and recharge reduction.

No stacks for the Tanker version:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ee255a28aef93d759e99675cca50831d.png

No effect with Blood Frenzy turned on (possibly due to not having a scale):

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.71a69920a2a8711306c81cb281997c11.png

Mids has also become real sluggish. I had already deleted and re-installed but I might need to hunt down all files this time for a complete scorched earth re-install. So far I've had small bugs like inherents not showing up (loading a Tanker EM build), some inherent power graphics not loading leaving me with just black boxes, and now even this as seen below:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e9d63549337e7cfe48288ade3d6faf0c.png

There is something weird going on. The Might of the Tanker +res proc is giving a lot of recharge by itself. Try changing for a different Might of the Tanker IO, check Hasten's time, then swap in the MotT +res and check Hasten's time again.

2 minutes ago, Sovera said:

There is something weird going on. The Might of the Tanker +res proc is giving a lot of recharge by itself. Try changing for a different Might of the Tanker IO, check Hasten's time, then swap in the MotT +res and check Hasten's time again.

Known issue, fixed internally

17 hours ago, Sovera said:

No stacks for the Tanker version:

You need to select a Primary power and Secondary power for the Blood Frenzy slider to turn on. You show no powers from your Primary (Fiery Aura) as being selected yet.

17 hours ago, Sovera said:

inherent power graphics not loading leaving me with just black boxes, and now even this as seen below

Known issue and graphics are still being worked on. I recommend changing the screen size and/or switching column layout. Sometimes that helps with the rendering. Then you can go back to the previous screen size and column layout and the graphics should still be there.

Edited by Bopper
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bopper said:

You need to select a Primary power and Secondary power for the slider to turn on Blood Frenzy. You show now powers from your Primary (Fiery Aura) as being selected yet.

Known issue and graphics are still being worked on. I recommend changing the screen size and/or switching column layout. Sometimes that helps with the rendering. Then you can go back to the previous screen size and column layout and the graphics should still be there.

Both solutions worked on my end o/

Is there any possibility of getting a "classic appearance" option for the hero designer? I really prefer the old appearance that looks more like the in game interfaces over the more modern look that current mid's is using.

786408690_oldvsnew.thumb.jpg.050fb55f86eedcc237615c5cdf7e69d2.jpg

Edited by Nic Mercy
  • Like 2

7hZ6srn.png

Kyriani-Nic-Jem

Per my recent announcement on our Discord. 

I have identified an issue with the MSI installer where upon uninstalling or upgrading, desktop icons other than that for Mids Reborn could be removed.
This issue has been fixed going forward and future MSI package releases will no longer remove your desktop icons when upgrading or uninstalling. 

With that being said, if you installed 3.0.2.19 or newer using the MSI install prior to 1/31/2021. Then please download and install the EXE/MSI package from our website to fix your installation and prevent the removal of your desktop icons/files when uninstalling or upgrading to future versions. Note: This will require administrative permissions.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Regards,
Metalios aka Crytilis

• GM Tock unlocked and locked this topic
  • Metalios unlocked this topic
  • GM Tock pinned this topic
On 2/4/2021 at 9:27 PM, hurple0 said:

Where has the Dynamic/Level-Up  Button gone?

I don't like Dynamic mode and that's all it runs in now. 

That button no longer exists, Level-Up mode was removed awhile back. 

Mids Reborn takes a different direction than the old Mids. In the latest version there are 2 modes, normal and respec. Normal mode works much like dynamic mode did whereas respec mode allows you to 6 slot a level 47 or 49 power much like you can in game upon performing a respec.

Edited by crytilis

Hi, 

I have a problem to run mids since this morning. I wasn't aware of the new version yet so it's not a bug due to the update.

I tried to reinstall the app via the both installers and the zip but the result is always the same.

The capture contains some french word as I have a french computer. 

If you have any idea on how to solve this.

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Capture mids.PNG

On 2/10/2021 at 9:07 AM, Kiol57 said:

Hi, 

I have a problem to run mids since this morning. I wasn't aware of the new version yet so it's not a bug due to the update.

I tried to reinstall the app via the both installers and the zip but the result is always the same.

The capture contains some french word as I have a french computer. 

If you have any idea on how to solve this.

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Capture mids.PNG

Navigate to C:\Users\<yourwindowsusername>\AppData\Local\RebornTeam\ and delete ConfigSP.json

I think I had previously reported that setting enhancements to +5 relative level would randomly set them only to +2 (e.g. Hecatomb Damage 50+2).

I've discovered that this happens if you slot a Hamidon enhancement in any power. The Hami-O gets set to 50+2. Every slot after that also gets set to a max of +2. Slots previous to that are set correctly.

That is, if you have an HO in the first slot of your level 1 power, every slot everywhere has a max of +2. If your only HO is in the last slot of your level 32 power, then your level 35 and subsequent powers are all set to 50+2, but e.g. the level 20 power is properly set to 50+5 (assuming the enh goes to 50).

Edited by KeepDistance
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cohjess8107 said:

Okay, so I keep seeing Wind Control on the Wikis but it doesn't seem to be on Mids. Is this a powerset that hasn't happened yet? Or never got done? I'm really interested in it but I can't seem to find it except on the Homecoming Wikis. Thanks.

Never got done, probably never will

Is there a place where I can download a version with the new power order of Electrical Manipulation?  Or is that still be worked on?  The only place I know to get the patches has Sonic Manipulation and Energy Melee propogation, but Electric isn't updated yet...  Thanks!

MalwareBytes is utterly convinced that the direct download for Mids' Reborn is malicious.

Did anyone else get this false positive? I just wanted to verify that the domain is alright since it's been up for a while, and someone might have done something to it.

I get "Website blocked due to Trojan"

Domain: midsreborn.com (looks correct?)

IP: 2606:4700:3030::6815:37ca (IPv6? Fancy!)

Port: 443 (AKA HTTPS, also looks normal)

• Like 1

On 2/19/2021 at 11:38 PM, Vhalidictes said:

MalwareBytes is utterly convinced that the direct download for Mids' Reborn is malicious.

Did anyone else get this false positive? I just wanted to verify that the domain is alright since it's been up for a while, and someone might have done something to it.

I get "Website blocked due to Trojan"

Domain: midsreborn.com (looks correct?)

IP: 2606:4700:3030::6815:37ca (IPv6? Fancy!)

Port: 443 (AKA HTTPS, also looks normal)

This has been submitted to them on more than one occasion and nothing has been done. On another note from an IT perspective sadly MalwareBytes has become pretty much the next Norton (crap)

I tired doing both the Installer (MSI) and the Installer (EXE/MSI) from here https://midsreborn.com/ and nothing happens with the installation.

On top of that, is doesn't go away whenever I try to cancel the installation and I keep getting a "Another program is being installed" error.

Also my task manager is open slower than usual. Anyone know what the problem is?

I would also like to mention that I delete the files for the previous Mid's program that I had before installing.

What is happen.png