Bunch of Freaking Cowards!

VV

So, I've been seriously playing my first Scrapper recently. I mostly play a tanker and a controller, with the odd dominater thrown in.  And, I never realized what a bunch of cowards the enemies were! You know, with a tanker I'd be pulling them in with gauntlet and taunt, as a controller or dominater, I'm holding them down with mezz, so it was something I didn't notice. When I played a blaster, it seemed like they were always ganging me in melee. But, playing my scrapper, things really really run. No real point to this run, just a surprising observation.

• Haha 1

Scrapper Problems:

"Why does it seem like I get Criticals most often on mobs with a sliver of health?"

Last Mob of the mission, Last minion from that mob, Last Swing on said minion: "CRITICAL STRIKES"

• Like 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

On 7/26/2020 at 4:52 AM, Bill Z Bubba said:

It is the bane of the scrapper's existence.

It's so rude! Even melee-main opponents will run. I've seen some opponents run and just stand there because they have no ranged attacks (or they aren't recharged). Then some just take off cross country. Like, come on, run out of the range of my mace, okay, but halfway across the dungeon, ffs?

in honesty both scrapper and stalkers lack gap closers at least on scrapper there are a few taunt aura's just played up a stalker every pack 1-2 runners that i must then chase after or just give up and move on at the end it was basicly "oops 2 got away again" oh well spilled milk

Be a good target, stand there and be slaughtered like your friends..

• Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Energy Melee and runners..

Fun game in the game "How far can they get before Total Focus hits?"

answer: pretty friggin far.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Freaking annoying... even for non-scrappers. 

A friend and I duo-ed an ITF. I was a mace bane spider, so melee, along with my friend who was a fire/dark blaster. I'd go in, draw first blood, and aggro... and still the mob would flock to other guy. And when it came down to Bosses like Cyclops, Minos, Requiem and Romy... they wouldn't stand and fight. Got dizzy chasing them around! Sheesh!

1 minute ago, Apparition said:

Like a Brute. 😉

Why would you even do that? 😜

To the OP, rad armor, bio and etc have agro auras on a scrapper.

On 7/28/2020 at 7:16 PM, Troo said:

Energy Melee and runners..

Fun game in the game "How far can they get before Total Focus hits?"

answer: pretty friggin far.

It was even more fun in pre I13 pvp.  You would hit with the quick ET, drop their health then quickly follow up with TF.  They would see their health drop fast from the first attack and try to run off and be around 100 yards away then poof dead.  

Why I can no longer play scrapper sets with out a taunt aura after playing shield when it first came out I never been able to go back to scrapper secondaries without a taunt aura

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

On 7/26/2020 at 2:52 AM, Bill Z Bubba said:

It is the bane of the scrapper's existence.

Even worse on Stalkers, with fewer AoEs.

I recently discovered one of the Incarnate powers adds Immob/Fear/Stun onto all attacks and take that on my Scrappers now. So handy! My Spines/Ice shoots stuff all over and the critters get stuck in it.

Edited by ninja surprise

• 3 months later

It's awful on my Fire/Fire Blaster, not sure which PBAoE it is but they all run towards me at opening attack, and then turn and scatter. So frustrating on an AoE heavy toon with 4 PBAoEs...at least I'm ranged so I get the consolation prize of shooting them in the back.

add combat teleport after next patch release, use a target macro and zip around finishing off runners.  I can't wait.  Have a claw/bio parked at level 1 in atlas to do this very thing.  With Focus and combat teleport, runners won't be a problem ;o)

1 hour ago, Siderous said:

use a target macro and zip around finishing off runners

This is a really solid idea @Siderous. Nothing worse than chasing down runners, or trying to fit in a ranged just for runners. Pool powers don't often fit into chains well, can cause redraw, don't take ATOs, don't stack assassin focus for stalkers, or other set-specific mechanics. It's also solid for slows.

2 hours ago, Siderous said:

add combat teleport after next patch release, use a target macro and zip around finishing off runners.

This is exactly my plan. She already uses regular Teleport to do this, but with instant-CT, it is going to be even better. I might even pick up TP Target

• 3 weeks later