Weekly Discussion 62: Poll

GM Miss

• Retired Lead Game Master

Hey guys! There is a poll on discord in the #weekly-discussion channel where you can vote on future topics for the next few months.

If you have topic ideas, please post them here for future polls, thank you! (If your topic is picked you get a golden title in game "Weekly Discussion MVP")

Contact me on Discord (Miss#1337) for a faster response!

Want more information on lore pets?

Want to get involved in our weekly discussions on discord or the forums?

My suggestion:  Technical / coding / art /content crowd sourcing systems.

Talk about systems of generating, testing, and approving new art, costume pieces, storylines, characters, etc. in order to crowd source official homecoming content.  

Edited by zenijos10
  • Like 5

How about a weekly discussion topic on bug fix prioritization?  There are a number of bugs out there and it might be good to get the reaction of the community to try and prioritize.  Obviously, the Hail of Bullets bug is the most critical. 🙂

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lockpick said:

How about a weekly discussion topic on bug fix prioritization?  There are a number of bugs out there and it might be good to get the reaction of the community to try and prioritize.  Obviously, the Hail of Bullets bug is the most critical. 🙂

Already fixed. It just hasn't been pushed yet.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Mission design might be an interesting topic to discuss.  What works, what doesn't, are there too many cutscenes in the Incarnate content (yes, yes there are.)

Zone revamps/updates would also be an interesting one.  Obviously something like Faultline would be beyond the scope of a small volunteer team, but giving some zones the Brickstown or Kings Row treatment might be doable?

Personally I would vote for powerset/at tuning. Some sets and ATs underperform, even when you sink over a billion inf into them. I'm not saying make them all tw/bio level, but I am sure some of the bottom teir stuff could use a little bit of a bump.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Neiska said:

Personally I would vote for powerset/at tuning. Some sets and ATs underperform, even when you sink over a billion inf into them. I'm not saying make them all tw/bio level, but I am sure some of the bottom teir stuff could use a little bit of a bump.

I hear you and agree with you on the tuning issue, but based on the current state of the game, I would probably go a different direction and nerf the overperforming sets rather than bump the underperforming ones. 

Except for Assault Rifle.  That's a hot mess.

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

Power pool limits being removed (picking 5 or more on characters)

New pools out of existing assets (Fire blast pool, dual pistols pool, or katana melee pool- things that are worse than primary and secondary, but allow additional flavor to characters)  

New epic pools (Cold or Ice pool for defenders and corruptors)

Mastermind non-pet primary powers. (The upgrades, the attacks, and the "other" power)

Scorpion Shield vs every other pool

1 hour ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I hear you and agree with you on the tuning issue, but based on the current state of the game, I would probably go a different direction and nerf the overperforming sets rather than bump the underperforming ones. 

Except for Assault Rifle.  That's a hot mess.

Either way could work, but i think it might be better to do a bit of both? Take say, the bottom 3 and top 3 sets and try to equalize them a bit? Just thinking aloud. But ya, my main point is that some powersets fall flat even with investment, and some completely dominate even with minimal investment. Personally I have my fingers crossed that Arachnos and specifically Crabbers get looked at. But there are certianly others.

Some ideas (sorry if these are repeated, I didnt catchup on the entire thread and I am not caught up on previous weekly topics).

1. Proliferation: (e.g. Tankers getting Energy Aura and/or Regeneration)
  2. Standardization of Ranged sets to include snipes (and quick snipes) for each set, or adjust a low performing attack to be at the level of a quick snipe.
  3. Remove movement restrictions from Stone Armor's Rooted. 
  4. Incarnates...ways to nerf it appropriately (only usable in iTrials?, limit the powers?, remove level shifts?, etc)
  5. Sentinel inherent mechanic changes...and/or changes to its archetype
  6. Developer's Corner - how can we get more activity in the forum?
  7. Bug Reporting - how can we get more interaction on acknowledging feedback and if fixes can/will be implemented.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

How about a more focused look at under-performing sets? Just patch the worst offenders in unpopular sets with a better alternative.

(I'm looking at you, Time Bomb!)

Much less work than trying to rebalance an entire powerset, but it could make a lot of people happy to hit the lowest-hanging, most rotten fruit.

Edited by DoctorDitko

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

Additional Mission slots within AE arcs. It’d be nice to make longer arcs that can earn players badges.

• Like 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

• Retired Lead Game Master

We have already had discussions about some of these, but i will add some to the next poll. 🙂 (It wont be for a few months)

Contact me on Discord (Miss#1337) for a faster response!

Want more information on lore pets?

Want to get involved in our weekly discussions on discord or the forums?

Not a fan of the Discord stuff. You have the game itself and these forums to communicate with, Why involve 3rd party apps and websites?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

On 8/5/2020 at 8:42 AM, Patti said:

Repeating discussions that were hidden on discord would probably be good.

Above it the list I know of.

Edited by Troo
clarified reason for posting
  • Thanks 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum