Gadgetry/Utility Belt

22 hours ago, Patti said:

My money is on the one that doesn't have bolos, because I don't think the animation for the bolos was done back in 2012.

They should probably take it out and replace it with Immobilizing Dart or something.  I'm also curious what animation would be used for Flying Strike (maybe Savage Leap).  Here are the charts for these 2 power pools in case people haven't seen it.

Utility Belt:

The following table shows the level at which each power is available:

Power Level Effect
UtilityBelt Bolas.png Bolas 4 Ranged, Foe Immobilize, Knockdown
UtilityBelt PoisonedDagger.png Poisoned Dagger 4 Ranged, Moderate DMG(Lethal), Foe Light DoT(Toxic), -DMG
UtilityBelt Freerunning.png Freerunning 4 Toggle: Self, +Jump, +Run Speed, +Special
UtilityBelt FlyingStrike.png Flying Strike 14 Charge (Targeted AoE), High DMG(Smash), Foe Knockdown
UtilityBelt LifeSupportSystem.png Life Support System 14 Self, +HP, +Heal Over Time, +Special

Gadgetry:

The following table shows the level at which each power is available:

Power Level Effect
Gadgetry NanoNet.png Nano Net 4 Ranged, Foe -Speed, -Recharge, -Fly, -Regen
Gadgetry WristBlaster.png Blaster Drone 4 Ranged, Moderate DMG(Energy), Foe -Regen
Gadgetry Jetpack.png Jetpack 4 Toggle: Self Fly, (Special)
Gadgetry BlasterBarrage.png Drone Barrage 14 Ranged Cone, Moderate DMG(Energy), Foe -Regen
Gadgetry ForceBarrier.png Force Barrier 14 Self, +Absorb

Both of these would fit many of my concept characters and I would love to see them in game.  I hope Freerunning will stack with Ninja Run; that would be killer.  I'm not a fan of Bolas though,  They don't seem like a fit for many concepts.  It would be nice if they were able to have alternate animations for it like a dagger, dart, shuriken, web grenade, etc.

• Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, Marshal_General said:

What kind of utility belt doesn't have shark repellant?

It had to be removed for balance reasons.  Having a supply of Bat-Shark Repellant would completely invalidate Captain Mako.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

• 9 months later

The HC devs seem more focused on "balancing" (i.e., fixing or nerfing, depending on your perspective) existing power sets/pools rather than introducing new ones.

Considering that regular MMOs with full-time paid staffs spend years working on this same idea and never achieve the mythical idea of balance, I don't expect the volunteer team to get to new power sets/pools any time soon.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blackbird71 said:

The HC devs seem more focused on "balancing" (i.e., fixing or nerfing, depending on your perspective) existing power sets/pools rather than introducing new ones.

Considering that regular MMOs with full-time paid staffs spend years working on this same idea and never achieve the mythical idea of balance, I don't expect the volunteer team to get to new power sets/pools any time soon.

HC devs have already added the Will Power and Experimentation power pool on top of Electrical Affinity and Sonic Manipulation power sets. The most recent patches have been more focused on power balance, but that's more reason to believe future patches will focus on other stuff instead (and in fact a preview suggests we will get an earth related power set in the future). In either case, the dev team aren't ants endlessly circling their own trail in a death spiral, they'll balance things just enough that they are satisfied with the results and then move on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

"All thoughts of retreat are discarded as counterproductive, there is no other course of action but to press on. You've been caught in an unseen orbit, around a power you cannot possibly fathom."

Everlasting - Gradivus, Amarillo Starlight, Hullbreak, Hyperblink, Matchlight
Previously on Guardian, Triumph, Liberty, and Freedom

8 minutes ago, merrypessimist said:

Nerf Pine, buff Cypress.  Oak is fine.

The trouble with the maples (And they're quite convinced they're right)
They say the oaks are just too lofty and they grab up all the light.

But the oaks can't help their feelings if they like the way they're made
And they wonder why the maples can't be happy in their shade.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

On 7/15/2021 at 2:45 AM, Greycat said:

The trouble with the maples (And they're quite convinced they're right)
They say the oaks are just too lofty and they grab up all the light.

But the oaks can't help their feelings if they like the way they're made
And they wonder why the maples can't be happy in their shade.

This describes a lot of the players on this board. 🙂