Patch Notes for October 6th, 2020 - Halloween!

Unintended consequence?

The resume_info.txt feature no longer seems to function.

Lazy me is sad. Now I must remember my password...

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

Après le téléchargement de Patch Notes for October 6th, 2020 - Halloween! le jeu crash instantanément. Impossible de jouer.

After downloading Patch Notes for October 6th, 2020 - Halloween! the game crashes instantly. Unable to play.

13 hours ago, Ironblade said:

Oh sure, NOW you fix this.  I've been putting up with that delay since day 1 and I just moved CoH to my new computer 3 days ago.  😛

I have gotten so used to getting up, making some tea, or something else and now I no longer have this luxury!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, horo22 said:

I'm the same

Have Re-scanned in Island Rum on mac multiple time, get the Ready to Play screen, hit the big arrow and get a tiny little Program Error window and nothing further

Same issue here, if that message window is about not locating the game files. Have re-scanned, and also deleted everything and redownloaded and installed several times but no dice. I can't seem to find a way around this.

9 hours ago, Pengy said:

I just noticed the punkin and bat window decorations in Cap Au Diable, New?

No, we had those last year too.  They're quite possibly one of my favorite additions.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

21 hours ago, Ironblade said:

Oh sure, NOW you fix this.  I've been putting up with that delay since day 1 and I just moved CoH to my new computer 3 days ago.  😛

Don't worry, you are good, the fix isn't working, It's currently taking around 40 seconds for the character list to be retrieved for me, which is actually longer than before! Tried it several times and it's the same each time, whether logging in for the first time, or switching characters.

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

17 minutes ago, RageusQuitus2 said:

Giant Monsters no longer grant reward merits in Architect Entertainment missions

• This fix was omitted from the beta patch notes due to a related exploit

Id rather play the game.  But to IO out many alts requires time spent doing unfun stuff.  Unfortunately fire farming and playing the market are somehow ok but merit farming is out.  Silly. 

Makes me wish id have abused the shit outta this exploit.  But like all the other ways to fund a build it was a boring time sink.

og devs made the same mistake imho.  I want ios on all my toons and multiple builds as well.  Farming and playing the market are one reason i keep logging on less and less.  No offense but altism has a huge hold on me and it makes me sad ill never io oiut the way i want.

Edited by RageusQuitus2

• Retired Game Master

The removal of Reward Merits from Giant Monsters in Architect Entertainment missions is a fix and not a punishment. It was not working as intended.

It's understandable that this fix is frustrating for some, however there are many other ways to quickly gain Merits and Influence/Infamy within the realm of properly functioning game-play that are also far more enjoyable.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

The Support page is always accessible should you require assistance or need to check the status of an already submitted ticket.

Consider volunteering as a Community Helper or Game Master || Gerne können Sie auch auf Deutsch mit mir in Kontakt treten, sollte dies für Sie einfacher sein. || GM Aurarius#7840 on Discord.

5 hours ago, Hikayupa said:

since the update it has shown an error, here is the error please advise.

image.thumb.png.0da9653c5e0648c0fd44b5f9deb02edd.png

Exit out of the game.  Exit out of Tequila.  Restart Tequila.  Watch it run patcher.  Restart Game.  You should be able to play with no more problems.  Profit.

56 minutes ago, RageusQuitus2 said:

Id rather play the game.  But to IO out many alts requires time spent doing unfun stuff.  Unfortunately fire farming and playing the market are somehow ok but merit farming is out.  Silly. 

Makes me wish id have abused the shit outta this exploit.  But like all the other ways to fund a build it was a boring time sink.

og devs made the same mistake imho.  I want ios on all my toons and multiple builds as well.  Farming and playing the market are one reason i keep logging on less and less.  No offense but altism has a huge hold on me and it makes me sad ill never io oiut the way i want.

I disagree about having to do unfun stuff. Every story arc and TF in the game awards merits. You should be able to fund your builds just by doing one or two TFs a night. Heck, right now, Dr. Q is the weekly, and you can get almost 300 merits running it once (144 for subsequent runs). Takes about an hour and a half, as long as you and your teammates all have P2W teleport powers and access to a base macro. And since it's mostly defeat-alls, your chances of making some bank are pretty high!

By contrast, you're not gonna be able farm GMs without either a) a team or b) an already high-end build. GMs are only worth 6 merits a piece. and so you'd have to be able to kill them in less than 2 minutes for the merit/reward ratio to be conquerable to doing, well, anything else. Example: Apex/Tin Mage can be done in a half hour easily, and award 80 merits. Hamidon raids net 80 merits, and are often completed in under 20 minutes (once they get started, anyway). If you're tired of doing the same three Task Forces (Ms Liberty, Lady Grey, and Imperious), many later-level hero side story arcs award 40+ merits, and with a team can be blasted through in around an hour.

I don't know what kind of content you mean when you say you'd rather "play the game", but in most cases, if you are, funding your alts shouldn't be an issue =/

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, EmperorSteele said:

I disagree about having to do unfun stuff. Every story arc and TF in the game awards merits. You should be able to fund your builds just by doing one or two TFs a night. Heck, right now, Dr. Q is the weekly, and you can get almost 300 merits running it once (144 for subsequent runs). Takes about an hour and a half, as long as you and your teammates all have P2W teleport powers and access to a base macro. And since it's mostly defeat-alls, your chances of making some bank are pretty high!

By contrast, you're not gonna be able farm GMs without either a) a team or b) an already high-end build. GMs are only worth 6 merits a piece. and so you'd have to be able to kill them in less than 2 minutes for the merit/reward ratio to be conquerable to doing, well, anything else. Example: Apex/Tin Mage can be done in a half hour easily, and award 80 merits. Hamidon raids net 80 merits, and are often completed in under 20 minutes (once they get started, anyway). If you're tired of doing the same three Task Forces (Ms Liberty, Lady Grey, and Imperious), many later-level hero side story arcs award 40+ merits, and with a team can be blasted through in around an hour.

I don't know what kind of content you mean when you say you'd rather "play the game", but in most cases, if you are, funding your alts shouldn't be an issue =/

In AE, people would farm missions where there were sonic attack helpers.  Run it at +4x8 and dual box and you could get 24 merits in under a minute when solo (the more popular of the missions had 2 GMs).  You just needed one successful hit on the GMs and drag 'em to the helpers.  It was far higher than any other based on reward merits per minute.  8 to 10 times higher.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, fitzsimmons said:

In AE, people would farm missions where there were sonic attack helpers.  Run it at +4x8 and dual box and you could get 24 merits in under a minute when solo (the more popular of the missions had 2 GMs).  You just needed one successful hit on the GMs and drag 'em to the helpers.  It was far higher than any other based on reward merits per minute.  8 to 10 times higher.

Huh, hadn't factored in dual boxing and a mission full of helpers! I still feel like the 24 merits per minute is overblown, as I assume you'd have to find the GMs AND the helpers, and that itself would take a minute or two. But even so, that's a very high merit per minute ratio, and needed to be squashed. The rest of my point still stands about there being plenty of quick or easy ways to get merits. Just maybe, not THAT quick and easy!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, EmperorSteele said:

Huh, hadn't factored in dual boxing and a mission full of helpers! I still feel like the 24 merits per minute is overblown, as I assume you'd have to find the GMs AND the helpers, and that itself would take a minute or two. But even so, that's a very high merit per minute ratio, and needed to be squashed. The rest of my point still stands about there being plenty of quick or easy ways to get merits. Just maybe, not THAT quick and easy!

It's not overblown.  On my fire/dark corrupter dual boxed with my farmer I was able to run in solo, anchor and pull the first GM with darkest night, snipe the 2nd and lead them to the platform and helpers.  Apply debuffs (optional), shoot 'em a bit so I ensured a successful hit, but all those sonic attacks from 20+ helpers melted 'em.  It was Jack and Eochai so it took 10 to 15 seconds for them to reach the helpers.  45 seconds end to end solo while dual boxed.  24 merits in 45 seconds across 2 toons.  15 seconds to exit out and restart.  If you're not talking about time to restart then that's 24 merits in about 45 seconds which is obviously more than 24 merits per minute.

The GMs and helpers were always in the same position so there's no searching.

I'm not supporting keeping it, just stating that it's not an overblown claim based on experience *cough*.

Certainly agree with the rest of your points.

Edited by fitzsimmons
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, GM Aurarius said:

however there are many other ways to quickly gain Merits and Influence/Infamy within the realm of properly functioning game-play that are also far more enjoyable

Meant no disrespect.  However this i totally disagree with.  You just cant play the game and gear up a toon in what i consider a reasonable time.  If that was true why so many fire farmers?  Its not to get a toon to 50, its the lack of infamy and IO/market economics driving that.  All purely my opinion.  

• Like 1

• Retired Game Master
1 minute ago, RageusQuitus2 said:

Meant no disrespect.  However this i totally disagree with.  You just cant play the game and gear up a toon in what i consider a reasonable time.  If that was true why so many fire farmers?  Its not to get a toon to 50, its the lack of infamy and IO/market economics driving that.  All purely my opinion.  

There was no disrespect perceived, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I was simply reiterating a few facts, such as the reason for the fix being implemented.

The Support page is always accessible should you require assistance or need to check the status of an already submitted ticket.

Consider volunteering as a Community Helper or Game Master || Gerne können Sie auch auf Deutsch mit mir in Kontakt treten, sollte dies für Sie einfacher sein. || GM Aurarius#7840 on Discord.

Just wanted to thank the Devs for this event!  It was nice taking my newly level 50 and flying up to the top of the pumpkin in Atlas.  The bench under the stem/tree was a very nice touch and it was fun to sit my character there as a new level 50 and look down on Atlas Park.

5 hours ago, RageusQuitus2 said:

Unfortunately fire farming and playing the market are somehow ok but merit farming is out.  Silly. 

This is simply false. Merit farming is well documented with efficient task completion paths to maximize time investment. Similar for accolades.

An exploit is an exploit. There is no crying in baseball... err when they get addressed.

The expectation that someone should be able to have an infinite number of maxed out fully IO'd Incarnate builds without putting in the time required could be a fallacy.

I also suffer from alt-itus.

I have to earn enough for some level of baseline functionality for the alts that I end up liking enough to invest in. Typically it's some uniques and then standard IO sets. Not ATO, PVP + Purples for every character out of the gate.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum