It's 2021. Do we really want Paragon Protectors with the old version of MOG still?

mechahamham

And then we should nerf regen.

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

11 hours ago, SwitchFade said:

Oh and, since everyone seems to be making food while playing...

You don't have to stand there and wait... You could, you know, go arrest the next group? I mean... The PP will follow you....

Darn old tactical thinking 🤣🤐

But it’s really starting to sound like Crey missions are the optimal lunch break. Let’s not discourage regular nutrition.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/28/2021 at 12:24 AM, SwitchFade said:

Oh and, since everyone seems to be making food while playing...

You don't have to stand there and wait... You could, you know, go arrest the next group? I mean... The PP will follow you....

Darn old tactical thinking 🤣🤐

Man if you can go and aggro a brand new group while you’ve still got a boss from the previous group aggroed on you you’re clearly way too strong for that boss to pose any real challenge and the MoG is just wasting your time

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Vanden said:

Man if you can go and aggro a brand new group while you’ve still got a boss from the previous group aggroed on you you’re clearly way too strong for that boss to pose any real challenge and the MoG is just wasting your time

First world problems

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Vanden said:

The challenge is disposing of them efficiently and quickly with mezzes/bursts. Not all challenges are challenges to your health bar.

4 minutes ago, arcane said:

The challenge is disposing of them efficiently and quickly with mezzes/bursts. Not all challenges are challenges to your health bar.

Changing the duration of their MoG does nothing to affect that challenge.

• Thanks 2

• Retired Developer

Am I not seeing a single mention here of debuff? A good Radiation defender can overcome both Def and Res issues. Those toggles are made for this situation! Same goes for Sonic, Dark, Cold, and Trick Arrow!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

6 hours ago, Vanden said:

Cool, lots of builds literally can't do it so that means they're not being punished over other builds.

It has ever been thus - not all builds, not all archetypes, are created equal.  This is by design in a MMO based primarily on teaming.

Or, to put it another way, no - they aren't being punished for some transgression or offense.

• Like 2

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

11 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

It has ever been thus - not all builds, not all archetypes, are created equal.  This is by design in a MMO based primarily on teaming.

Or, to put it another way, no - they aren't being punished for some transgression or offense.

All you need to do is (1) mez them or (2) burst them down for the last ~quarter of their hp or so (from the point right before they MoG to death). And then if you can’t do that you can start looking at debuffs or simply herding them to the next mob.

If you can’t do ANY of that, your build is either a rare anomaly or self-gimped.

Edited by arcane

7 hours ago, Piecemeal said:

Am I not seeing a single mention here of debuff?

In my experience debuffs aren't nearly as common in game as they are talked about on the forums. However I have seen teams with multiple Tactics running be able to hit PPs that have MOGed.

Vanden has a point though, simply changing the duration of MOG doesn't affect the challenge. I'd like to suggest that, in addition to halving MOGs duration, PPs be given a +300% damage buff that lasts the same duration as MOG.

That will certainly liven things up! 😄

• Like 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Eh... they really don't need the +damage.  If you're running a blaster with non-capped defenses, and they get MoG off (likely because you missed a 95% chance at a bad time), an almost untouchable boss can be more than enough to take you down. 

I will agree though, the duration is obnoxiously long.  Some shortening of said duration, or even decaying effects like an Incarnate's Destiny power would be welcome.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Piecemeal said:

Am I not seeing a single mention here of debuff? A good Radiation defender can overcome both Def and Res issues. Those toggles are made for this situation! Same goes for Sonic, Dark, Cold, and Trick Arrow!

Their MoG gives them +95% defense. Radiation Infection is only -31.25%, unless you slot it, but who does that? Even if you did slot it, and threw in Power Build Up, the PP still comes out ahead. It's an absolutely massive buff that almost no single character can negate. The only example I can think of is an */Energy Blaster that can Power Boost Aim and Build Up. (Also, Dark has no defense debuffs at all, just to clarify.)

Debuffing the resistance is an even grimmer picture. It gives them 95% damage resistance, there's no "overcoming" that with the debuffs available to players. That Radiation Defender's Enervating Field does -30% resistance; PP's with their 90% resist cap and MoG resist 90% of that, so it goes down to 3%. 95 - 3 = final resistance of 92%. With the 90% cap, there's no change at all in the PP's resistance.

Edited by Vanden
  • Like 2

I am in the "PP MoG is fine power wise, but the duration needs to be reduced" camp.

It was a time sink ability back when time sinks were the name of the game, but it really doesn't affect the challenge so much as add to the tedium. And if your fight against the now nigh untouchable boss was that close to begin with, 15 seconds or 45 won't really matter.

• Like 3

I've been suffering this for as long as it's existed you can all suffer alongside me as i have long since stopped caring. Pay your dues, wait out MOG

:Edit:

But I am really enjoying how thoroughly some of you rationalize never having to Wait For Things. 

Edited by TheSpiritFox

2 minutes ago, TheSpiritFox said:

've been suffering this for as long as it's existed you can all suffer alongside me as i have long since stopped caring. Pay your dues, wait out MOG

Or we could..you know..change the duration to something less stupid? Great argument, you enjoy suffering, so everyone should.

Maybe we can have a P2W options:

Yes, I LOVE being a masochist and wasting time trying to kill something almost unkillable. Bring on the MOG!

Hell NO! A long duration power that makes a boss unkillable is a waste of time, and not really a challenge. Turn it off.

There, solved. You can keep playing with old mog, because you don't care. Also, if you don't CARE, why shouldn't it change?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Razor Cure said:

Or we could..you know..change the duration to something less stupid? Great argument, you enjoy suffering, so everyone should.

Maybe we can have a P2W options:

Yes, I LOVE being a masochist and wasting time trying to kill something almost unkillable. Bring on the MOG!

Hell NO! A long duration power that makes a boss unkillable is a waste of time, and not really a challenge. Turn it off.

There, solved. You can keep playing with old mog, because you don't care. Also, if you don't CARE, why shouldn't it change?

Do you not know a shitpost when you see one? Nah the honest answer is I am so used to the rhythm of playing through areas with lots of PPs and how it affects groups that it's something familiar and nostalgic about the game and I don't want it changed for the sake of efficiency and some people's boredom. 

See also

:Edit:

But I am really enjoying how thoroughly some of you rationalize never having to Wait For Things. 

Also I have characters that can effectively burst down PPs and prevent mog and not everyone can do that and it's fun to be special. Its a thing I can like consider when building a character. 

Edited by TheSpiritFox