Pick My Blaster Contest!

Yomo Kimyata

I have a paucity of blasters on my squad, and none are anywhere near level 50.  I have defenders, I have corruptors, but I've thus far failed to generate any love for the clan of the blaster.  I need your help to accomplish this, and in order to give some proper incentive I will sponsor a contest.  I request that you submit builds that you think I would like to play (things I like to follow), preferably in Mids form, but a description would be ok as well.  I will select a build on or by May 4th, and I will give an award to the winner!

Prize: EITHER I will PL you an identical blaster to 50 (any server) and fully equip the build (the @Bionic_Flea reward!) OR I will give you 1bn inf.  Your choice.  No Hami-Os greater than level 50 in the build (too expensive for me!) or of marginal use (no Microfilament in Prestige Sprint!).

What I like:

-- I want something I can play solo (not averse to teaming, but I need to be self-sufficient) at decent to hard difficulties regardless of enemy type.  I normally start an alt at +1/x1 move up from there as early and often as I like.  I plan on playing this at regular speed and organically.  I don't know if I will play red/blue/gold side yet for this one.  I don't mind eating floor at all, but I don't want a glass cannon build.  Most of my builds can run at +4/x8 at 50 without incarnates, some better than others!  I'd like to be able to solo all the TF Commander TFs or the equivalent (not necessarily at level, but before I hit 50).

-- I *do* like close fighting, but maybe I need to expand my horizons.  The vast majority of my current alts are melee based.  

-- The body type has to be female or huge.  I just can't stand watching the male run.

-- I like debuffs and I cannot lie.  To hit, defense, res damage in particular.

-- I do not want a build that only shines with incarnates, so plan a build without any.

-- No fire melee or ice melee need apply.  I cannot stand the elemental swords.  This is an irrational distaste and yet a complete deal breaker.

-- Most importantly, I need a valid theme or background that I can get behind.  If you show me a Beam Rifle/Electricity Manipulation blaster for example, give me a story or a rationale behind it.  I can come up with a name.

I currently have two blasters that interest me, and if the winner is one of those builds, then I double the prize.

Have at it, and happy hunting!

Who run Bartertown?

2 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I just can't stand watching the male run.

-- I like debuffs and I cannot lie.  

I share that and I also share that.

Good luck with your contest my friend! I can't even find a blaster for me so I doubt I can find one for you 🙂

• Like 1

I'm commenting here, so I can follow the post. I'm going outta town for the weekend, but when I get back I wanna submit something for you. I already have some good ideas.

I am however awful at costume design, so will a build/backstory suffice? or do you want a costume as well?

WHO DARES TO SUMMON BIONIC FLEA?!?!

Oh, hey Yomo.  Nice contest.

Lemme see what I got (checks Mids):  About 38 different blaster builds that I've made for myself or for others.  Some of them are old and would need updates, but that's not a big deal.  All can solo /x8, but I'm not sure all of them can do it without incarnates or other outside buffs (team, boosters, inspirations, etc.).  I don't want to clog your contest and I don't need the prize but if you let me know what you are looking for I'll see what I can dig up.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Arbegla said:

I'm commenting here, so I can follow the post. I'm going outta town for the weekend, but when I get back I wanna submit something for you. I already have some good ideas.

I am however awful at costume design, so will a build/backstory suffice? or do you want a costume as well?

No costume, or even backstory needed.  I just want to be able to mentally justify a powerset combination!

Who run Bartertown?

48 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

WHO DARES TO SUMMON BIONIC FLEA?!?!

Oh, hey Yomo.  Nice contest.

Lemme see what I got (checks Mids):  About 38 different blaster builds that I've made for myself or for others.  Some of them are old and would need updates, but that's not a big deal.  All can solo /x8, but I'm not sure all of them can do it without incarnates or other outside buffs (team, boosters, inspirations, etc.).  I don't want to clog your contest and I don't need the prize but if you let me know what you are looking for I'll see what I can dig up.

I TOO SUMMON A BUILD FROM BIONIC FLEA! 😂

• Like 1

I'll throw an idea out there: Dark/Plant.  I just got an Archery/Plant to 50 and enjoyed the hell out of Plant.  Strong crowd control with Vines, Strangler, and the epic hold/patron immobilize (I did Soul, but other sets may tickle your fancy), and Spore Cloud served as an interesting attack/accuracy anchor debuff that even tacks on some -regen for stronger targets.  Wild Fortress was a nice armor power that also slotted Steadfast/Gladiator uniques quite well, plus I bet Life Drain would help your survival odds in tandem with the Absorb effects.  Archery offered no debuff (but a lot of damage, minus Rain of Arrows which does not cooperate with Toxins) but Dark's throwing around all that -ToHit as well as another cone immobilize and another hold.  You also get some good melee from Plant; Thorn Burst and Ripper are pretty strong if a little slow, and those plus Skewer also throw in a little speed debuff for your trouble.

As for a concept, hmmm.  Evil plants?  Perhaps your character is actually being controlled by some strange spores that can corrupt and spread?  Toxins would help reenforce that idea with the extra Toxic damage on your dark attacks.  Or maybe you're a wandering botanist from the underworld with a rather unusual sense of floral decor?  Perhaps you're researching the effects of negative energy on the local flora?  Eh, I think I like the evil spores idea more.

EDIT: Was I supposed to offer up a build?  That's not usually my thing, I often just cobble things together and fly by the seat of my pants as I go.  Maybe Flea can offer something up since I'm no good at it.

Edited by ZorkNemesis
  • Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Fire/Elec. You haven't played melee till you play a melee blaster.

I play a lot of blasters, and fire/elec outshines them all.

If you want damage Fire blast can cover that alone

If you want fluid combat most attacks/powers from both sets animate in 1 second and that creates a very fluid playstyle

If you want utility/mitigation /Elec has 2 aoe KD to keep mobs off their feet while you slap them silly(works well with rain of fire). They can also take FF procs. Elec has an end drain/gain power to sap harder targets over time (i.e weakend hami), also a super proccable hold that animates in 1 second

If you want crunchy hits that feel satisfying /Elec has you covered. Shout "coooooombbbboooooo breaker!" whenever you use thunder strike. It totally works.

If you want to play it "safe" play a sonic blast blaster and sleep the spawn and kill them off one by one "yawn"

If you want to feel raw power, be a mothaf*in tank mage, and look good doing it - Fire/Elec

Concept is easy, you are an alien that absorbs powers and when you crash landed on our planet you got 1 - burned, 2 - electrocuted. Or you are a magical panda from the mystical panda realm and received the gift of fire and electricity and now you have to pass the panda test.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Jezebel Delias: Level 50 Mutation Blaster
Primary Power Set: Fire Blast
Secondary Power Set: Electricity Manipulation
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Flares -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(7)
Level 1: Electric Fence -- HO:Endo(A)
Level 2: Fire Ball -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(7), Artl-Dam/Rech(9), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(9), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(11), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(13)
Level 4: Charged Brawl -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(15), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(46)
Level 6: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), WntGif-ResSlow(46)
Level 8: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(46)
Level 10: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(11)
Level 12: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 14: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Thunder Strike -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), Arm-Dam%(45), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(45), FrcFdb-Rechg%(45)
Level 18: Blaze -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(40), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(43)
Level 20: Dynamo -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(21), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(21), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(23), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(40), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(40)
Level 22: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(23)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(25), ShlWal-Def(25), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(27)
Level 26: Blazing Bolt -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(27), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(33), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), StnoftheM-Dam%(34)
Level 28: Power Sink -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(29), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(29), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(31), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(31), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(33)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), HO:Cyto(31)
Level 32: Inferno -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(34), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(37)
Level 35: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(36), Rct-Def/EndRdx(36), Rct-ResDam%(36)
Level 38: Force of Thunder -- AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(A), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(39), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(39), FrcFdb-Rechg%(39)
Level 41: Shocking Grasp -- GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(A), NrnSht-Dam%(42), UnbCns-Dam%(42), Hct-Dam%(42), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43)
Level 44: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 47: Rain of Fire -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(47), Artl-Dam/Rech(47), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(48), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(48), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(48)
Level 49: Build Up -- RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(A), RctRtc-ToHit(49)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Defiance
Level 1: Sprint -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 49: Quick Form
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 50: Portal Jockey
Level 50: Task Force Commander
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion
------------

On the opposite end of the spectrum I do enjoy my RAMBO Ass Rifile/TA Panda a lot. It's a proc monster build and it stays at range most of the time. Damage can't compare to the burstiness of my fire/elec but the AOE over time adds up against +4/8.

War Panda: Level 50 Natural Blaster
Primary Power Set: Assault Rifle
Secondary Power Set: Tactical Arrow
Ancillary Pool: Munitions Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Burst -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(33)
Level 1: Electrified Net Arrow -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(9), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(27), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 2: Glue Arrow -- Ann-ResDeb%(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(9), PstBls-Dam%(11), JvlVll-Dam%(25), ImpSwf-Dam%(27)
Level 4: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(5), WntGif-ResSlow(11)
Level 6: M30 Grenade -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(7), Artl-Acc/Dam(33), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(34), Artl-Dam/End(34)
Level 8: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(19)
Level 10: Upshot -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 12: Sniper Rifle -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(13), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(13), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), StnoftheM-Dam%(19)
Level 14: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(15), Rct-Def/EndRdx(15), Rct-ResDam%(17)
Level 16: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 18: Flamethrower -- PstBls-Dam%(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(36), Artl-Acc/Dam(36), Artl-Dam/End(36), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(37), JvlVll-Dam%(37)
Level 20: Eagle Eye -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(21), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(21), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(23), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(23), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(25)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), StdPrt-ResKB(50)
Level 26: Ignite -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(34), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(37), PstBls-Dam%(39), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(39), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(39)
Level 28: Gymnastics -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(31), ShlWal-Def(31), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(31)
Level 32: Full Auto -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(40), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(42)
Level 35: Cryo Freeze Ray -- Apc-Dam%(A), GldJvl-Dam%(45), NrnSht-Dam%(45), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(46), UnbCns-Dam%(46), GldNet-Dam%(50)
Level 38: Oil Slick Arrow -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(42), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(43), Artl-Dam/Rech(43), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(43), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(45)
Level 41: Body Armor -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 44: LRM Rocket -- PstBls-Dam%(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(48), ExpStr-Dam%(48), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 47: Flash Arrow -- SphIns-%ToHit(A)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
------------

If I want to absolutely wreck everything and help lowbie leveling teams ramp up their diff to +4/8  I go to my fire/elec. I enjoy my Rambo panda for theme and it is fun to play.

• Like 3

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

Dark/Atomic blaster. ToHit debuffs galore, and your most often used AoE power has a KB component (which you will convert to KD with an IO, of course), which is helpful for both soloing and teams.

Thematic logicBoth powersets have a fairly similar animation style, so you look the same whether you are using primary or secondary powers. Might not make a difference to you, but to me the visual cohesiveness of the primary and secondary are a big deal. Depending on color scheme you can make them look like all-water powers, all-dark, or all-radiation powers, or any number of other things. Personally I wanted a radiation concept but don't like the radiation blast powerset, so the dark/atomic is my pretend-radiation guy.

It exemps nicely, at level 30 you are only missing your Nova and your epics. Mine is full t4 incarnate, but plays about the same on a Penny Yin as on a Keyes trial (OK, slight exaggeration 😃). Quick-animating powers, which should be helpful when transitioning from a melee-centric playstyle to a ranged one.

If need be I can post my own build.

• Like 1

Hello Yomo,

Ill submit the blaster I fell in love with and outperforms anything else I tried.

Ill address your comments I don’t cover in the writeup

-- Close Fighting: this plays best of both worlds. If you can put up your taunt aura, step into melee and delete things, or do limited aoe and excellent single target dps at range (mostly due to back off to boss mechanics or punishing a runner) With combat jump its easy to change from melee to not

-- Body Type: Your call based on costume taste. I run it as a female body type.

-- Debuffs: This does lack debuffs outside of a ton of knockback on aoe and all the -regen you need. Still at anything weaker than the higher tiers of custom AE 801 content its primary debuff is instant death to anything who dares to get close.

-- Incarnates: Incarnating this build smooths out your rotation, gives you a taunt aura, and lets you face tank more things. Without incarnates you will have a bit more issues soloing +4x8 and will have to cut down more runners with blazing bolt but it still works great with fantastic dmg and shrugging off more incoming dmg that a blaster has any right to.

-- Theme: Time Manipulation is hard to theme origin but connection to the constant oroboros and alternate dimension access can rub off and grant the limited time powers that blaster can get. My head-cannon is that time manipulation is the sum total of my powers and im getting my fire and ice by shifting the matter to a point in its time when its the temperature I need.

Build itself excels in both group content (as its an offensive ball of death with barrier for team buffs in clutch scenarios and a 50% uptime taunt aura) and solo (can do +4 x8 solo with Avs and annihilate most enemy groups with some being more difficult but doable)

Ill explain some of the potentially nonstandard picks and design goals for mechanics

Overall Goal: DMG Output 90-95% of what you could get by dropping any design consideration beyond DMG + Strong Survivability and some Team Support. Gameplay wise you are an AoE monster with strong defenses who focus on melee attacks but with strong ranged options for when that isn’t safe.

Cold Mastery Pool: This feels to be a criminally overlooked pool. Fire/Temp has a good few open slots so you have room to invest in an Epic pool.

Snow Storm is situationally useful for packs of bosses you are scared of but not certain you can instantly delete (like +4 Arachnos psychics) but is a stepping stone power.

Frozen Armor is the Scorpion Shield equivalent that is required for any generalist build not made of paper

Hoarfrost is the gem of the build. This hard-caps the hp of your blaster. If we combine this with the Preventive Medicine and Temporal Healing absorbs you are running enough bulk to walk off 2.1k hits post resistance to survive the occasional tank-buster blow from a +4 AV that leaks through your defense.

Alpha Agility Core: The +Recharge is hard to ignore as it very much smooths out your single target rotation. Otherwise if you are willing to tolerate a slightly more clunky single target rotation you can grab Musculature Radial to give a ~10% boost to your burst dmg (non eb aoe targets near instantly die in a fire anyway so I don’t bother)

Destiny Barrier Core: This caps you to over 45% s/l/e/n/r at all times, gives you much needed resistance at all times and lets you super spike both you and the groups tankiness as needed. Ageless isn't needed as you have enough +recharge and murder things fast enough to get your blue inspirations or at absolute worst use a single recovery serum when soloing a +4 AV.

Lore Longbow Radial: The core will do more dmg but the Radial pet will keep the big pet alive much longer and can top you off if the +4 AV gets a lucky hit.

Hybrid Melee Radial: The taunt aura on this carries the power by itself. With the taunt you can make mobs cooperate and stay in your aoes to die. It also over-caps your defenses by a fair margin allowing you to take at least one -def attack before going into cascading defense failure and gives you all the status protection you need while its up. If you only ever expect to play with a pocket tank Assault Core is good but it badly hurts your solo options.

Crowd Control: Not the strongest options here but the procs in Fire Ball and End of Time can have your aoe pack on their ass long enough to majorly decrease their damage. Otherwise, in an edge case where you really want to cc something and are less worried about dmg you can rotate time wall+time stop+ future pain

-Regen: Between time stop and end of time you can put -100% regen on an AV pre resistances (though often you are best off just with 1 time stop every 20 sec and burning it normally)

Misc: Perception taken since having 0% can be infuriating and pve needs more than 0 but more doesn’t matter. Otherwise a bit of +status resistance and knock back protection taken since you don’t have any base line.

Hopefully this inspires you to make a truly scary blaster. (i attached build incase link does not work)

Amenti: Level 50 Magic Blaster
Secondary Power Set: Temporal Manipulation
Ancillary Pool: Cold Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Flares -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(3), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(13)
Level 1: Time Wall -- TraoftheH-Acc/EndRdx(A)
Level 2: Fire Ball -- Ann-ResDeb%(A), Rgn-Knock%(5), Rgn-Dmg(5), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(7), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9)
Level 4: Time Stop -- GhsWdwEmb-Acc/EndRdx(A)
Level 6: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(11), Ksm-ToHit+(11)
Level 8: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 10: Chronos -- RctRtc-Pcptn(A)
Level 14: Tough -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(15), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(15), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(17), GldArm-3defTpProc(17)
Level 16: End of Time -- Erd-%Dam(A), Erd-Dmg(19), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(21), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(21)
Level 18: Blaze -- SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(A), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(23), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(25), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(25), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27)
Level 20: Temporal Healing -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(27), Prv-Heal/Rchg(29), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(29), Prv-Absorb%(31), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(31), ShlWal-Def(33), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(33)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 26: Blazing Bolt -- SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(A), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(34), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(36)
Level 28: Future Pain -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(36), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(37), Hct-Dam%(39)
Level 30: Rain of Fire -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(39), Artl-Dam/End(39), Artl-Dam/Rech(40), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(40), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(40)
Level 32: Inferno -- Erd-%Dam(A), Arm-Dam%(42), Arm-Dmg(42), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(42), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43)
Level 35: Snow Storm -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 38: Time Lord -- Ags-Psi/Status(A), StdPrt-ResKB(43), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(45)
Level 41: Frozen Armor -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45), Rct-Def/EndRdx(45), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(46), Rct-Def/Rchg(46), Rct-Def(46)
Level 44: Hoarfrost -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Heal(48), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(48), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(48), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(50), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50)
Level 49: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A)
Level 2: Rest -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(9)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Jump-I(A)
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
Level 50: Pyronic Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Longbow Radial Superior Ally 
Level 50: Melee Radial Embodiment 
------------

Amentii.mxd

• Like 3

Concept is Fire/Plant.   I like the name 😈Dante's Fern😈.  (I have it saved, but I'll unlock it if you want it.)

The big thing here is to play as a PBAoE Damage machine.  Fireball, Thorn Burst, Ripper, Rain of Fire (use: /bind t powexec_location self Rain of Fire  ...to turn Rain of Fire into PBAoE that doesn't need a mouse click), and Inferno.... cycle in Blaze and/or Blazing Bolt as needed to pick of runners (and there will be runners).

With softcapped SLE & Ranged your survivability will be very solid, especially on teams.   With stealth and stealth IO (maybe not needed with the new changes?) you can stealth in and buildup/aim Inferno frequently.

I honestly would play with the build a little longer to see if you can work hasten in there.  I think with the travel power changes you can probably make that work swapping combat jumping for the new stealth power.   Endurance use is going to be rough, so you might run Ageless for your Destiny slot.

https://www.midsreborn.com/builds/download.php?uc=1472&c=663&a=1326&f=HEX&dc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

• Like 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Yomo for epic/patron pools you have 3 options if you are not trying to do something weird:

Mace: 1 point investment for fantastic +Defense power

Ice: 3 point investment for fantastic + defense power and a heal that can give you 100% uptime on cap blaster hp (~1850 hp)

Fire: 3 point investment for a fantastic knockdown puddle a decent + resist power and a self rez with a short cd which you will need as you will die horribly if the mobs get a chance to fight back with your non-cap defense low health and moderate resist

Shread fire plant can be fun and while stealth may be key to your idea and might need worked back in I have severe concerns with your build as with no resist or hp it is effectively made of tissue paper and extremely at risk from to defense failure (you also skip the fantastic wild fortress that carries your not die powers) and doesn't have the recharge to work properly. take a look at my first crack at it the build to improve it. Compared to my recommended fire time blaster you:

Loose the ranged vs melee flexibility to back out for a full single target ranged rotation (plant build is more biased towards melee for a complete rotation)

Loose out on single target due to how amazing future pain is.

Loose casted cc options (that you admittingly don't need anyway)

Yours spam aoe is a somewhat narrow cone now (which some may like better)

In exchange you gain and insane amount of defense down  and your -regen through spore cloud is a little easier to apply than temporals' (at cost of higher end use) for any threatening AVs. Still in most settings defense down isnt crazy helpful so consider the use with a grain of salt

Note that the kismet is probably unnecessary and the tactics potentially is as well since your doing stupid levels of def down. Also note that build assumes you barrier on cd for the 120 sec effect consider all defenses and resistances up at least another 6% at all times

It still chews through endurance like my slightly better fire/time but you murder things fast enough either way that inspirations will take care of that.

Level 50 Magic Blaster
Secondary Power Set: Plant Manipulation
Ancillary Pool: Cold Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Flares -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Entangle -- TraoftheH-Acc/EndRdx(A)
Level 2: Fire Ball -- Ann-ResDeb%(A), Rgn-Knock%(7), Rgn-Dmg(7), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(9), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(9), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11)
Level 4: Skewer -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), Hct-Dam%(5), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(13), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15)
Level 6: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(17), Ksm-ToHit+(17)
Level 8: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 10: Toxins -- RctRtc-Pcptn(A)
Level 14: Tough -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(19), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(19), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(21), GldArm-3defTpProc(21), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(23)
Level 16: Spore Cloud -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Blaze -- SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(A), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(25), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(25), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27)
Level 20: Wild Fortress -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(29), Prv-Heal/Rchg(29), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(31), Prv-Absorb%(31), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(33), ShlWal-Def(33), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(33), Krm-ResKB(50)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(34)
Level 26: Blazing Bolt -- SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(A), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(34), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(36)
Level 28: Ripper -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(50)
Level 30: Rain of Fire -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(37), Artl-Dam/End(37), Artl-Dam/Rech(37), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(39), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(39)
Level 32: Inferno -- Erd-%Dam(A), Arm-Dam%(39), Arm-Dmg(40), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(40), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42)
Level 35: Snow Storm -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 38: Thorn Burst -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), Erd-%Dam(47), Erd-Dmg(47), Erd-Dmg/Rchg(49)
Level 41: Frozen Armor -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(43), Rct-Def/EndRdx(45), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(45), Rct-Def/Rchg(45), Rct-Def(46)
Level 44: Hoarfrost -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Heal(46), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(46), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(48), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(48), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50)
Level 49: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A)
Level 2: Rest -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(11)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Jump-I(A)
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Pyronic Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Longbow Radial Superior Ally 
Level 50: Melee Radial Embodiment 
------------

Fire Plant.mxd

On 4/22/2021 at 4:57 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

-- I *do* like close fighting, but maybe I need to expand my horizons.

May I introduce my new, very sexy friend Martial Combat?  Burst of Speed + Combat Teleport is a fantastic way control the range of an engagement.  Fire/MC is the first blaster I've taken seriously and it's ludicrously fun.  I don't have a finished build for it, and you're likely to come up with one far superior and much more rapidly anyway. 🙂  Also, see below, Fire/ might not be the primary you'd want.

-- I like debuffs and I cannot lie. 

Reaction Time is a zero cost toggle that drops a nice amount of slow and some -rech.  It's more useful than it sounds when you're BAMF!-ing around.  There's a ton of KD in Storm Kick and Dragon's Tail (both quick to activate), and a decent Stun in Eagle's Caw.  Ki Push when used properly can keep certain hard targets completely neutralized.

But let's find you some more debuffs in the primary.

-- The body type has to be female or huge.  I just can't stand watching the male run.

Easy, this can be done with anything. 😄

-- I do not want a build that only shines with incarnates, so plan a build without any.

Also easy.  I have only just begun to add iPowers to my only blaster at 50.  /MC's fun factor is enough for me to recommend it.

-- Most importantly, I need a valid theme or background that I can get behind. 

Totally feel you on this.  I had a concept of how I wanted my Fire/Martial to play/what combination of powers I wanted (melee sets didn't fit the bill, but when I saw Martial it was spot-on) more so than it's backstory or theme, but I came up with one anyway.

If I was going to make another /MC I'd go Water Blast. BoS into a mob and drop Whirlpool, which stacks slows with Reaction Time use your CT bind for shift-s to port back and fire the Steam Spray (assuming it is good), then BoS back to melee ... etc/etc.  Or lead with the tAoEs then BoS into melee to get them in your aura and clean-up.

Water/Martial Combat ... Sort of writes itself if you're into homage/tribute (not copies, obviously) type toons at all.  Feel like being a wizened, if portly Elder of either gender from a Miscellaneous Polar Tribal Culture? 😉

Edited by InvaderStych
overly cautious parenthetical caveat

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

All this talk of building a new and exciting Blaster and not one mention of a Mad King? For shame the likes I've never seen! Clearly the best opportunity that could every be had is not to follow all these Fire Blast pretenders and go with a real blast monster: Energy Blast!

Spoiler

Mad King Special: Level 50 Magic Blaster
Primary Power Set: Energy Blast
Secondary Power Set: Electricity Manipulation
Power Pool: Experimentation
Ancillary Pool: Force Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Power Blast -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), ExpStr-Dam%(3), GldJvl-Dam%(21), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(21), FrcFdb-Rechg%(27)
Level 1: Electric Fence -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Energy Torrent -- Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(42), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(50), Rgn-Knock%(50), FrcFdb-Rechg%(50)
Level 4: Charged Brawl -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), Hct-Dam%(5), TchofDth-Dam%(7), Mk'Bit-Dam%(7), GldStr-%Dam(9)
Level 6: Power Burst -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(15), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), FrcFdb-Rechg%(19)
Level 8: Sniper Blast -- Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Apc-Dmg(9), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), Apc-Acc/Rchg(11), Apc-Dam%(13), FrcFdb-Rechg%(13)
Level 10: Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A), GssSynFr--Build%(17)
Level 14: Havoc Punch -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(27), TchofDth-Dam%(29), Mk'Bit-Dam%(29), GldStr-%Dam(31), FrcFdb-Rechg%(34)
Level 16: Experimental Injection -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A)
Level 18: Speed of Sound -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), WntGif-ResSlow(25)
Level 20: Dynamo -- PrfShf-End%(A), Obl-%Dam(23), ScrDrv-Dam%(36), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(36)
Level 22: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(23), Rct-ResDam%(43)
Level 24: Adrenal Booster -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 26: Explosive Blast -- Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(A), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech/End(31), Bmbdmt-Acc/Rech/End(31), JvlVll-Dam%(34), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(36), FrcFdb-Rechg%(37)
Level 28: Thunder Strike -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(37), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), FrcFdb-Rechg%(43)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(45)
Level 32: Nova -- Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Arm-Dmg(33), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Rchg(33), Arm-Dam%(34)
Level 35: Personal Force Field -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 38: Shocking Grasp -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), NrnSht-Dam%(39), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(39), UnbCns-Dam%(40), GldNet-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Repulsion Field -- EndRdx-I(A), FrcFdb-Rechg%(42), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(42)
Level 44: Force of Nature -- TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48), TtnCtn-ResDam(46), TtnCtn-EndRdx/Rchg(46), GldArm-3defTpProc(46), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(48)
Level 47: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 49: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(45), Mrc-Rcvry+(45)
Level 2: Stamina -- PwrTrns-EndMod(A), PwrTrns-+Heal(25)
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface 
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
		|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
		|MxDz;1602;745;1490;HEX;|
		|78DA65944B4F135114C7EFB453A105A4A5BC1F42CBA38596692BA00828895A0D424|
		|D23893B53C7762CA3653A194A42E3CA859F81C4E7161FE1F3B870635C2B24242CAD|
		|67E6FC4B1B3B09FCCEFDCF79DE3BB79983BB9DC7F75FAF0BA9EB4E49DDDBCBDDA6F|
		|F15CDF264D4A29E17F4F8336A616253378A13DBA696D7D5521B892370CB3D528DA2|
		|5650D2866615AB1C1CADBFDBDE37CDB25551D2252D5FB1F4BC5EA9E632AAA19BFB2|
		|5B5A2978DC086B1A3599A5151EA466FB65C2E29E90353B3F45D5A3B6EDD8EB8A5A9|
		|05CDDADBD1CDCEFADAA4A67CCE823AD30A3D6953CF2BF7CA565EA3327607D5416A5|
		|5A1BF65517F6A1E71240B919285EB0B5875091194456FDCEDAC7B3F3187DFB81C16|
		|1AB1420C0B47BB4190904FBAC67EB30BCCC42233B5045E07914FA3283762DD4FED7|
		|C5E2117C018FB5CCAD13A427CC9F5DAA3DCD30A2D3D88F5BC65EDF23BF03DD3FF81|
		|D9F31144DD558A6A436C5B92B5F638D3A7800966670A44EC0E4579B107DE18F7BA4|
		|6E8604DEA80E6FFCCFE455A76A15617661BC6ACA3986D14B35DC16C21D47A382744|
		|B7C4B5BACFF98CB2A405502BF083FD064738EE39A941F677070FF95DBFE07793AFB|
		|8C6E43AAF03B4017DECEBEAB30DDBF784DFCD9D31B7A9D600661DC05CB708431CE7|
		|197279B86F09FCCB3D86C2A8F9933985795ED8D7057B3122D877CA057A981137734|
		|E0611DB4FFD8E715D690CFDC63739FF3AA9E39C571E5F63FF896570055C65866E32|
		|BF526818B38591AF44AB69F4378D339AC199CDA8E433268B995DF68D6C709E489A7|
		|BF84688623FA3218E9945EFB3BF789663F28961EF62B6413E8979E6BC02C6C1AB9C|
		|3731C0758334BF826F415922C86E11262D092D89F309C9F50B59AB8DCA4DF7B5468|
		|FD86A51B2F2C5FD1592A3FCF69182ACD23C7F357F9AB5286B270DCD2585B8DBF863|
		|9CCC03C9F9B24F1B3E9274CABB30785E3FE1FF7B49B628A91665A145596C51BCFE8|
		|BDF95DA61908AC1DEB26DECCD51B8617F6FD2B3BE86FDA4C9569BEC674DF626DD91|
		|24F2FF03A154FE29|
		|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

I even updated the build to the most recent Blaster patches with the change to Dynamo, and the best part ever is that this type of build doesn't care about Incarnates at all! They're focused entirely on their own sufficiency pre-Incarnates, and this beauty is one that has the luxury of sporting a back-to-back Aim+BuildUp cycle for non-stop +Damage, and for a solo player the options to unslot for maximum KB effect is always on the table! The build also features incredibly strong melee and ranged damage opportunities, and sports that ever elusive Force of Nature slaps the roof of the imaginary build-car you'll fit so much Resistance in this baby!

So what are you waiting for, embrace your inner madness and try out a Mad King Today!

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

...  and sports that ever elusive Force of Nature slaps the roof of the imaginary build-car you'll fit so much Resistance in this baby!

At the risk of derailing this awesome thread ... can I just say "omfg, apparently I need to LRN2PICKPWRPOOLS on Blasters"

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

Dual Pistols/Martial Combat is absolutely illegal levels of fun.  It's basically a whirlwind of SHOOT - KICK - TELEPORT - BIG SHOOT - BIG KICK - BIGGER SHOOT - FACEPUNCH - SHOOT - SPINNY KICK - SHOOT THOSE THREE DUDES IN A LINE - KICK - SHOOT THAT DUDE IN THE HEAD AS HE FLIES BACKWARDS - TELEPORT - SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT - KICK KICK KICK.  It's amazing.

As far as character concept, I made a Wild West character with fancy space guns.  But there are probably plenty of ways to go because the silly OTT gunplay and flashy kicks are very visually harmonious as far as set combos go.  I have no idea how it plays at +4/x8, I'm afraid, because that's not something I do.

I need to redo my build to get rid of boring old Fly and bring in the new Infiltration travel power, which will be a whole new level of thematic awesomeness.  It will be slower, but it;s okay because it will be nice to be running along the pavement instead, so I can fit in some extra SPINNY KICK SHOOTY FACEPUNCHING on the way to missions.

(But I'll edit with my old/current build in later when I'm at a computer with Mids installed.  I think I stole it from the blaster forums anyway.)

ETA: Build

Gun Sue: Level 50 Natural Blaster
Primary Power Set: Dual Pistols
Secondary Power Set: Martial Combat
Power Pool: Flight

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Dual Wield -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(7), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11)
Level 1: Ki Push -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(39), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(39), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), TchofDth-Dam%(50)
Level 2: Pistols -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(13)
Level 4: Reach for the Limit 
Level 6: Storm Kick -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(40), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(42)
Level 8: Bullet Rain -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(17)
Level 10: Combat Jumping -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), Ksm-ToHit+(11), BlsoftheZ-Travel(34)
Level 12: Swap Ammo 
Level 14: Burst of Speed -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(29), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(29), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), Obl-%Dam(33)
Level 16: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 18: Dragon's Tail -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(19), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(19), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), Obl-%Dam(27)
Level 20: Reaction Time -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 22: Executioner's Shot -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(23), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(25), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(27)
Level 24: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 26: Piercing Rounds -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(37), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(36)
Level 28: Inner Will -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 30: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(31)
Level 32: Hail of Bullets -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(46), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(48)
Level 35: Weave -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(36), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(42), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(42), RedFrt-Def(43), RedFrt-EndRdx(43)
Level 38: Eagles Claw -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(43), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(45), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Mk'Bit-Dam%(45)
Level 41: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 44: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(48), Rct-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 47: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Prv-Absorb%(36)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 12: Chemical Ammunition 
Level 12: Cryo Ammunition 
Level 12: Incendiary Ammunition 
------------

Edited by Grouchybeast
  • Like 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

On 4/22/2021 at 7:57 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

What I like:

-- I want something I can play solo (not averse to teaming, but I need to be self-sufficient) at decent to hard difficulties regardless of enemy type.  I normally start an alt at +1/x1 move up from there as early and often as I like.  I plan on playing this at regular speed and organically.  I don't know if I will play red/blue/gold side yet for this one.  I don't mind eating floor at all, but I don't want a glass cannon build.  Most of my builds can run at +4/x8 at 50 without incarnates, some better than others!  I'd like to be able to solo all the TF Commander TFs or the equivalent (not necessarily at level, but before I hit 50).

-- I *do* like close fighting, but maybe I need to expand my horizons.  The vast majority of my current alts are melee based.  

-- I like debuffs and I cannot lie.  To hit, defense, res damage in particular.

Here is my favorite Blaster. My "concept" isn't radically original "Mystical Channeling of WEIRD FORCES", but I avoided explicitly copying a costume and name from anyplace. There is one element of the costume that could be considered a dead giveaway of the specific initial motivation, except that the costume builder doesn't precisely allow what I wanted 🙂

This build plays fine while 'Blapping', but it excels at range. The crunchy concept is: Blaster Offense, with Defensive options coming from ACTIVE (clicky) powers. Think "Spell Caster" as opposed to "(only) passively getting bonuses from Enhancements"

The offensive spells are primarily Umbral Torrent, Moonbeam, Gloom, Arcane Bolt. I use the T9 Blackstar when soloing, or when a PUG 'needs it'. Chronos is on auto. Aim is only used when I want it (usually to boost damage of Moonbeam, for the 12 seconds Chronos isn't boosting it).

Future Pain is a compromise for my play style: The bonuses from Hecatomb are too good to pass up, but I only primarily use it against a hard target that is (a) close by and (b) subject to Time Crawl. It's a power to remind enemies that if they REALLY want to get into my face, I have a specific attack JUST FOR THEM. See also End of Time.

The (active) defensive spells are Time Wall, Timestop (to achieve Time Crawl), and Life Drain.

Some caveats:

• The build has too many attacks to be considered "finely tuned". Arcane Bolt got a significant upgrade in the most recent issue, which was surprisingly nice for this build. Note that the many attacks of the build means it can shift from 'shoot at range' to 'deal with being swarmed'.
  • Hami-Os are not that expensive for Papa DeepPockets.
  • The Level 44 power is "Dealer's Choice". I wanted a (potential) -Res power that offered a chance for slotting decent set bonuses.
  • I feel like the concept could really use the (now improved) Spirit Ward, but frankly adding it to the build as early as I would want it (to help with lower level PUG content) would IMO hurt the individual performance of the character.
  • I rarely click Hasten. It's strictly there for content when I want slower-charging powers available more often. It's "perma" if I put any effort into setting it up to be retriggered. The build would be as effective (for my play style) with a different power
  • The Kismet piece in Maneuvers is a bit of an oddity. It only contributes +ToHit when Maneuvers is active, it's primarily there to boost damage from (Fast) Moonbeam... although I'm not knocking the additional +ToHit. While leveling up, I would include the Kismet piece earlier in the build to improve accuracy ASAP, and worry less about set bonuses and defenses from Weave. You can of course swap (or completely alter) the slotting of Weave and Maneuvers, but the "defensive bang" from Reactive Defenses is greater in Weave. Keep in mind, my playstyle for this character is at range in PUG, so allies aren't getting the Maneuvers bonus unless they are close to me.
  • I am this close to changing the slotting on Moonbeam, to make up for the loss of range on (Fast) Snipes. My slotting of Umbral Torrent has greater range than the (Fast) Snipe, which just seems WRONG.

Hero Plan by Hero Hero Designer 2.23
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Dark/Temp Mistress: Level 50 Magic Blaster
Primary Power Set: Dark Blast
Power Pool: Sorcery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Gloom -- DfnBrr-Acc/Dmg:50(A), DfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg:50(3), DfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(3), DfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(5), DfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect:50(5)
Level 1: Time Wall -- HO:Endo(A)
Level 2: Umbral Torrent -- HO:Centri(A), HO:Nucle(37), CldSns-%Dam:30(46), PstBls-Dam%:50(48), JvlVll-Dam%:50(48), OvrFrc-Dam/KB:50(46)
Level 4: Mystic Flight -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB:50(A)
Level 6: Time Stop -- GldNet-Acc/Hold:30(A), GldNet-Acc/Rchg:30(7), GldNet-Rchg/Hold:30(7), GldNet-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold:50(9), GldNet-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold:50(40), GldNet-Dam%:50(43)
Level 8: Moonbeam -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg:50(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx:50(9), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg:50(11), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(13), StnoftheM-Dam%:50(13), GldJvl-Dam%:30(39)
Level 10: Chronos -- GssSynFr--ToHit:50(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg:50(11), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx:50(15), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx:50(43), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx:50(43), GssSynFr--Build%:50(45)
Level 12: Arcane Bolt -- Apc-Dmg:50(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg:50(15), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(40), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx:50(40), Apc-Dam%:50(42)
Level 14: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%:50(A)
Level 16: End of Time -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg:50(17), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(17), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(19), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(19), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%:50(27)
Level 18: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+:30(A), Ags-Psi/Status:50(42)
Level 20: Temporal Healing -- Prv-Heal:50(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx:50(21), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg:50(21), Prv-Heal/Rchg:50(23), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx:50(23), Prv-Absorb%:50(25)
Level 22: Weave -- Rct-Def:50(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx:50(25), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg:50(27), Rct-Def/Rchg:50(34), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(36), Rct-ResDam%:50(36)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(45)
Level 26: Life Drain -- TchoftheN-Heal:50(A), TchoftheN-Acc/Heal:50(29), TchoftheN-%Dam:50(29), GldJvl-Acc/Dmg:50(31), GldJvl-Dam%:30(31), CldSns-%Dam:30(31)
Level 28: Future Pain -- Hct-Dmg:50(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg:50(37), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(37), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx:50(39), Hct-Dam%:50(39)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+:50(A), Ksm-ToHit+:30(46)
Level 32: Blackstar -- Arm-Dmg:50(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg:50(33), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(33), Arm-Acc/Rchg:50(33), Arm-Dam%:50(34), Erd-%Dam:30(34)
Level 35: Personal Force Field -- LucoftheG-Rchg+:50(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP:50(36)
Level 38: Time Lord -- GldArm-3defTpProc:50(A)
Level 41: Rune of Protection -- RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(42)
Level 44: Tenebrous Tentacles -- Ann-Acc/Dmg:50(A), Ann-Dmg/Rchg:50(45), Ann-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(48), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(50), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(50), Ann-ResDeb%:50(50)
Level 47: Aim -- RechRdx-I:50(A)
Level 49: Temp Invulnerability -- UnbGrd-Max HP%:50(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- UnbLea-Stlth:50(A)
Level 2: Rest -- IntRdx-I:50(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I:50(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End:50(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I:50(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%:50(A)
------------

I have played a tanker for years, so trying to play a blaster always had me ending up in melee with mixed results. I tried a different concept with this blaster build and tried to embrace the ranged damage idea fully. This build is roughly 250 mil to make since I do not have much more than that to spend on a toon, and ends up with 45% ranged damage defense. The play style is to keep the mobs running and at range.

I will approach a group with two tactics:

1) If nuke is up, I will click Rune of Protection then hover in with partial stealth running in sprint and then let them have it and then hover straight up dropping Bonfire and Rain of Fire while picking off the survivors.

2) Or if waiting for the nuke, I will hover up and drop bonfire followed by Enflame on a boss then Rain of Fire and watch them run all around while some flop like a fish and pick them off as they desperately try to kill me. 

Early levels your single target rotation will be Blaze, Fire Blast, Arcane Bold and in the later levels the single target is Blazing Bolt, Blaze, Fire Blast. Fire ball is your bread and butter for AoE with Rain of Fire if the team you are on is ok with a bit of scatter.

End usage is not a problem once you get those unique enhancements in Health and Stamina.

I really am enjoying the Chaos of the enemies scattering and still trying to get me at the same time.

The character is called Simmering Sun because the enemies slowly get whittled down like frying bacon in a pan and you just enjoy them simmering along.

He discovered his powers early in high school when playing a certain role-playing game and declared he was going to cast fireball. The blast knocked him and his friends back and burned up all the character sheets. Since then, he has been studying magic to control and expand his powers. He approached magic in a very logical and engineering-like fashion so his powers do not stray much from fire control.

The costume is red and yellow themed with the Sorcery pool being colored to red and yellow as well.

This is the build with the power choices as I have leveled him so doing time travel missions is not a problem:

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 3.0.1.9
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/Hero-Designer

Simmering Sun: Level 49 Magic Blaster
Secondary Power Set: Energy Manipulation
Ancillary Pool: Flame Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Fire Blast -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(7)
Level 1: Power Thrust -- Mk'Bit-Dam%(A), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(7), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(9), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(9), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(11), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11)
Level 2: Fire Ball -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(17)
Level 4: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(21)
Level 6: Rain of Fire -- Artl-End/Rech/Rng(A), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(21), Artl-Acc/Dam(23), Artl-Dam/End(23), Artl-Dam/Rech(25), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(25)
Level 8: Build Up -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(27)
Level 10: Hover -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(27), Rct-ResDam%(29), BlsoftheZ-Travel(29), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(31), Ksm-ToHit+(31)
Level 12: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RctRtc-ToHit(31), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(33)
Level 14: Arcane Bolt -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(33), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 16: Energize -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 18: Blaze -- Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg(36), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(37), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37)
Level 20: Mystic Flight -- Srn-Fly(A)
Level 22: Rune of Protection -- ImpArm-ResDam(A), TtnCtn-ResDam(37)
Level 24: Kick -- KntCmb-Knock%(A)
Level 26: Blazing Bolt -- ExcCnt-Stun%(A), ExcCnt-Dmg/Rchg(39), ExcCnt-Dmg/Rng(39), ExcCnt-Dmg/ActRdx(39), ExcCnt-Dmg/EndRdx(40), ExcCnt-Acc/Dmg(40)
Level 28: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(40), TtnCtn-ResDam(42), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(42)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(42), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(43)
Level 32: Inferno -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(43), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(43), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), Obl-%Dam(45)
Level 35: Bonfire -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), RechRdx-I(46), FrcFdb-Rechg%(46)
Level 38: Enflame -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(46), Artl-Dam/Rech(47), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(47), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(48), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(48)
Level 41: Fire Shield -- TtnCtn-ResDam(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(48), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(49)
Level 44: Melt Armor -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 47: Rise of the Phoenix -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Boost Range -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Momentum 
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(17), Mrc-Rcvry+(19)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(19)
Level 1: Quick Form 
------------

I am currently at level 44 and having a blast (pun intended), so the last few power choices might change since I like the idea of Power Boost but haven't played with it much and love flying so I have Mystic Flight but could see switching that for Spirit Ward to be more team friendly.

Level 50 Magic Blaster
Primary Power Set: Radiation Blast
Secondary Power Set: Darkness Manipulation

Hero Profile:
------------
Level 1:	X-Ray Beam	
 (A) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff

Level 1:	Penumbral Grasp	
 (A) Overwhelming Force - Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown

Level 2:	Irradiate	
 (A) Obliteration - Damage
 (5) Obliteration - Accuracy/Recharge
 (21) Obliteration - Damage/Recharge
 (23) Obliteration - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
 (23) Obliteration - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
 (25) Obliteration - Chance for Smashing Damage

Level 4:	Death Shroud	
 (A) Obliteration - Chance for Smashing Damage
 (7) Obliteration - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
 (9) Obliteration - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
 (15) Obliteration - Damage/Recharge
 (17) Obliteration - Accuracy/Recharge
 (17) Obliteration - Damage

Level 6:	Smite	
 (A) Kinetic Combat - Accuracy/Damage
 (27) Kinetic Combat - Damage/Endurance
 (27) Kinetic Combat - Damage/Recharge
 (29) Kinetic Combat - Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Level 8:	Aim	
 (A) Adjusted Targeting - Recharge
 (9) Adjusted Targeting - To Hit Buff/Recharge

Level 10:	Shadow Maul	
 (A) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage
 (11) Superior Avalanche - Damage/Endurance
 (11) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
 (13) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
 (13) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
 (15) Fury of the Gladiator - Chance for Res Debuff

Level 12:	Super Speed	
 (A) Blessing of the Zephyr - Knockback Reduction (4 points)

Level 14:	Proton Volley	
 (A) Sting of the Manticore - Accuracy/Damage
 (19) Sting of the Manticore - Damage/Endurance
 (19) Sting of the Manticore - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
 (21) Sting of the Manticore - Chance of Damage(Toxic)

Level 16:	Soul Drain	
 (A) Adjusted Targeting - Recharge
 (40) Adjusted Targeting - To Hit Buff/Recharge

Level 18:	Cosmic Burst	
 (A) Superior Defiant Barrage - Accuracy/Damage
 (25) Superior Defiant Barrage - Damage/RechargeTime
 (42) Superior Defiant Barrage - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
 (50) Superior Defiant Barrage - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
 (50) Superior Defiant Barrage - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
 (50) Superior Defiant Barrage - RechargeTime/+Status

Level 20:	Touch of the Beyond	
 (A) Power Transfer - Chance to Heal Self

Level 22:	Fly	
 (A) Blessing of the Zephyr - Knockback Reduction (4 points)

Level 24:	Boxing	
 (A) Touch of Death - Chance of Damage(Negative)

Level 26:	Neutron Bomb	
 (A) Artillery - Accuracy/Damage
 (42) Artillery - Damage/Endurance
 (43) Artillery - Damage/Recharge
 (43) Artillery - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
 (43) Artillery - Accuracy/Recharge/Range
 (46) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff

Level 28:	Hasten	
 (A) Recharge Reduction IO
 (29) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 30:	Maneuvers	
 (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
 (31) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance
 (31) Red Fortune - Defense/Recharge
 (31) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
 (34) Red Fortune - Defense
 (36) Red Fortune - Endurance

Level 32:	Atomic Blast	
 (A) Superior Blaster's Wrath - Accuracy/Damage
 (33) Superior Blaster's Wrath - Damage/Recharge
 (33) Superior Blaster's Wrath - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
 (33) Superior Blaster's Wrath - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
 (34) Superior Blaster's Wrath - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
 (34) Superior Blaster's Wrath - Recharge/Chance for Fire Damage

Level 35:	Scorpion Shield	
 (36) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance
 (36) Red Fortune - Defense/Recharge
 (37) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
 (37) Red Fortune - Defense
 (37) Red Fortune - Endurance

Level 38:	Tactics	
 (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff
 (39) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge
 (39) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge/Endurance
 (39) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Recharge/Endurance
 (40) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Endurance
 (40) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up

Level 41:	Tough	
 (A) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%
 (42) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)

Level 44:	Weave	
 (45) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance
 (45) Red Fortune - Defense/Recharge
 (45) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
 (46) Red Fortune - Defense
 (46) Red Fortune - Endurance

Level 47:	Midnight Grasp	
 (A) Kinetic Combat - Accuracy/Damage
 (48) Kinetic Combat - Damage/Endurance
 (48) Kinetic Combat - Damage/Recharge
 (48) Kinetic Combat - Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Level 49:	Hover	

Level 1:	Brawl	
 (A) Empty

Level 1:	Defiance	
Level 1:	Sprint	
 (A) Celerity - +Stealth

Level 2:	Rest	
 (A) Empty

Level 2:	Swift	
 (A) Flight Speed IO

Level 2:	Health	
 (A) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance
 (3) Miracle - +Recovery
 (3) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb

Level 2:	Hurdle	
 (A) Jumping IO

Level 2:	Stamina	
 (A) Synapse's Shock - EndMod/Increased Run Speed
 (5) Synapse's Shock - EndMod
 (7) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End

Level 49:	Quick Form	
Level 50:	Musculature Core Paragon	
Level 50:	Mighty Radial Final Judgement	
Level 50:	Degenerative Core Flawless Interface	
Level 50:	Cimeroran Radial Superior Ally	
Level 50:	Clarion Radial Epiphany	
Level 50:	Support Core Embodiment	
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:
31.5% DamageBuff(Smashing)
31.5% DamageBuff(Lethal)
31.5% DamageBuff(Fire)
31.5% DamageBuff(Cold)
31.5% DamageBuff(Energy)
31.5% DamageBuff(Negative)
31.5% DamageBuff(Toxic)
31.5% DamageBuff(Psionic)
21% Defense(Smashing)
21% Defense(Lethal)
7.25% Defense(Fire)
7.25% Defense(Cold)
17.88% Defense(Energy)
17.88% Defense(Negative)
6% Defense(Psionic)
24.75% Defense(Melee)
19.44% Defense(Ranged)
8.5% Defense(AoE)
3.6% Max End
10% Enhancement(Range)
42% Enhancement(Accuracy)
75% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
15% SpeedFlying
GrantPower Preventive Medicine (0% chance, if Scourge)
94.87 HP (7.87%) HitPoints
15% JumpHeight
15% SpeedJumping
Knockback (Mag -8)
Knockup (Mag -8)
MezResist(Confused) 37.5%
MezResist(Held) 37.5%
MezResist(Immobilized) 37.5%
MezResist(Sleep) 37.5%
MezResist(Stunned) 37.5%
MezResist(Terrorized) 37.5%
MezResist(Teleport) 100% (20% chance)
6.5% (0.11 End/sec) Recovery
20% (1 HP/sec) Regeneration
15% ResEffect(SpeedFlying)
15% ResEffect(RechargeTime)
15% ResEffect(SpeedRunning)
9% Resistance(Smashing)
9% Resistance(Lethal)
13.5% Resistance(Fire)
13.5% Resistance(Cold)
30% SpeedRunning

------------
Set Bonuses:
Obliteration
(Irradiate)
  2.25% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 3.75%, MezResist(Held) 3.75%, MezResist(Stunned) 3.75%, MezResist(Sleep) 3.75%, MezResist(Terrorized) 3.75%, MezResist(Confused) 3.75%
  3% DamageBuff(All)
  9% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  3.75% Defense(Melee), 1.88% Defense(Lethal), 1.88% Defense(Smashing)

Obliteration
(Death Shroud)
  2.25% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 3.75%, MezResist(Held) 3.75%, MezResist(Stunned) 3.75%, MezResist(Sleep) 3.75%, MezResist(Terrorized) 3.75%, MezResist(Confused) 3.75%
  3% DamageBuff(All)
  9% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  3.75% Defense(Melee), 1.88% Defense(Lethal), 1.88% Defense(Smashing)

Kinetic Combat
(Smite)
  1.5% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 2.5%, MezResist(Held) 2.5%, MezResist(Stunned) 2.5%, MezResist(Sleep) 2.5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 2.5%, MezResist(Confused) 2.5%
  18.07 HP (1.5%) HitPoints
  3.75% Defense(Smashing,Lethal), 1.88% Defense(Melee)

Adjusted Targeting
(Aim)
  2% DamageBuff(All)

Superior Avalanche
(Shadow Maul)
  15% ResEffect(SpeedRunning), 15% ResEffect(RechargeTime), 15% ResEffect(SpeedFlying)
  6% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 10%, MezResist(Held) 10%, MezResist(Stunned) 10%, MezResist(Sleep) 10%, MezResist(Terrorized) 10%, MezResist(Confused) 10%
  4% (0.07 End/sec) Recovery
  5% Defense(Melee), 2.5% Defense(Lethal), 2.5% Defense(Smashing)

Blessing of the Zephyr
(Super Speed)
  Knockback (Mag -4), Knockup (Mag -4)

Sting of the Manticore
(Proton Volley)
  12% (0.6 HP/sec) Regeneration
  2.5% Defense(Ranged), 1.25% Defense(Energy), 1.25% Defense(Negative)
  3% DamageBuff(All)

Adjusted Targeting
(Soul Drain)
  2% DamageBuff(All)

Superior Defiant Barrage
(Cosmic Burst)
  4% DamageBuff(All)
  3.6% Max End
  36.14 HP (3%) HitPoints
  10% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  5% Defense(Energy,Negative), 2.5% Defense(Ranged)

Blessing of the Zephyr
(Fly)
  Knockback (Mag -4), Knockup (Mag -4)

Artillery
(Neutron Bomb)
  8% (0.4 HP/sec) Regeneration
  1.88% Defense(Energy,Negative), 0.94% Defense(Ranged)
  2% DamageBuff(All)
  9% Enhancement(Accuracy)

Luck of the Gambler
(Maneuvers)
  7.5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)

Red Fortune
(Maneuvers)
  1.5% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 2.5%, MezResist(Held) 2.5%, MezResist(Stunned) 2.5%, MezResist(Sleep) 2.5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 2.5%, MezResist(Confused) 2.5%
  1.5% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 2.5%, MezResist(Held) 2.5%, MezResist(Stunned) 2.5%, MezResist(Sleep) 2.5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 2.5%, MezResist(Confused) 2.5%
  2% DamageBuff(All)

Superior Blaster's Wrath
(Atomic Blast)
  15% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  10% Enhancement(Range)
  4% DamageBuff(All)
  10% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  5% Defense(Ranged), 2.5% Defense(Energy), 2.5% Defense(Negative)

Luck of the Gambler
(Scorpion Shield)

Red Fortune
(Scorpion Shield)
  1.5% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 2.5%, MezResist(Held) 2.5%, MezResist(Stunned) 2.5%, MezResist(Sleep) 2.5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 2.5%, MezResist(Confused) 2.5%
  2% DamageBuff(All)

Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control
(Tactics)
  7.5% SpeedJumping, 7.5% JumpHeight, 7.5% SpeedFlying, 7.5% SpeedRunning
  22.59 HP (1.87%) HitPoints
  2.5% (0.04 End/sec) Recovery
  2.5% DamageBuff(All)
  2.5% Defense(Melee), 1.25% Defense(Lethal), 1.25% Defense(Smashing), 2.5% Defense(Ranged), 1.25% Defense(Energy), 1.25% Defense(Negative), 2.5% Defense(AoE), 1.25% Defense(Fire), 1.25% Defense(Cold)

Steadfast Protection
(Tough)
  3% Defense(Melee), 3% Defense(AoE), 3% Defense(Ranged), 3% Defense(Smashing), 3% Defense(Lethal), 3% Defense(Fire), 3% Defense(Cold), 3% Defense(Energy), 3% Defense(Negative), 3% Defense(Psionic)

Gladiator's Armor
(Tough)
  3% Defense(Melee), 3% Defense(AoE), 3% Defense(Ranged), 3% Defense(Smashing), 3% Defense(Lethal), 3% Defense(Fire), 3% Defense(Cold), 3% Defense(Energy), 3% Defense(Negative), 3% Defense(Psionic), MezResist(Teleport) 100% (20% chance)

Luck of the Gambler
(Weave)

Red Fortune
(Weave)
  2% DamageBuff(All)

Kinetic Combat
(Midnight Grasp)
  18.07 HP (1.5%) HitPoints
  3.75% Defense(Smashing,Lethal), 1.88% Defense(Melee)

Luck of the Gambler
(Hover)

Preventive Medicine
(Health)
  GrantPower Preventive Medicine (0% chance, if Scourge), GrantPower Preventive Medicine (0% chance, if Scourge)

Synapse's Shock
(Stamina)
  7.5% SpeedJumping, 7.5% JumpHeight, 7.5% SpeedFlying, 7.5% SpeedRunning
  15% SpeedRunning

This build has -tohit, -defense, -resistance, -hp (from interface). Its naturally softcapped to Smash and Lethal, and has some pretty decent positional values which when using incarnates at end game will have it capped up, along with factoring in the -tohit debuff, you shouldn't have survivability issues. It has kd protection, and decent mez res/prot coverage. especially for end game. Assuming you'll take Assemble the team, this toon can stealth tp a whole team to an objective from Posi 1 on, due to Superspeed + Celerity Stealth IO in sprint, otherwise I built in Fly for vertical movement, and positioning in the event you want to be a floating artillery piece. That said this thing is designed to play to your strong suit in melee as you have several PBAOEs including Soul Drain and a Melee Cone. 

The main issue with a blaster soloing AV's is the fact that AV's like to run away, this has Penumbral Grasp and Midnight Grasp to imoblize your target in place as you work it over. The biggest issue with Darkness Manipulation is that Touch of the Beyond is your sustain and its not always on, that said you have enough recharge to keep it up, and since you like debuffing, it knocks down a staggering 10.5% to hit from your target before using clarion, when clarion is up that's 18.9%.

I know you mentioned not to worry too much about the Incarnates, but I picked Cimerorans as you'll have an untouchable Empath buffing you with fortitude and tossing you heals as well when you do use it. This build will work well without the use of incarnates, especially the debuff nature of the -tohitdebuff paired with the IO built defense, will make you a relatively survivable blaster even before Incarnates. Incarnates for this toon would simply be icing on the cake so to speak.

As far as justifying Radiation and Dark together, the scientific notion of Nuclear Winter is a climate cooling by product of using nuclear weapons as they are hypothesized to be able to send enough soot and debris into the atmosphere blocking out sunlight (thus creating more darkness) and cooling down the areas that are effected. That and if a nuclear device were to detonate, the likely hood of existing electrical grids remaining active in an effected area is miniscule, thus ensuring an uneasy darkness. The term Nuclear Winter was first suggested as Nuclear Twilight, but theorists believed winter would be a better suited name as the longevity of the blocked sunlight would be more akin to lasting several months than an evening.

Enjoy.

https://www.midsreborn.com/builds/download.php?uc=1432&c=683&a=1366&f=HEX&dc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

Edited by SeraphimKensai
Added Datalink
  • Like 1

On 4/25/2021 at 10:36 AM, tidge said:

Some caveats:

• Hami-Os are not that expensive for Papa DeepPockets.

This is indeed true, but my intention was to prevent giving people the incentive to load up a build with super expensive HOs.  A top-notch build should cost well under 500mm, at least the way Papa TightWad buys it, but lvl 53 HOs throw everything off!  

I am *really* hoping that the eventual winner chooses the 1bn option, because sending 90+ emails each with an IO attached will be a total drag!

Keep 'em coming folks!

Who run Bartertown?

Darn 

On 4/25/2021 at 10:36 AM, tidge said:

Dark/Temp Mistress: Level 50 Magic Blaster
Primary Power Set: Dark Blast

Darn you, tidge!  0rouboros is one of my most solo-able blasters.  I have 2 others that fit the bill, but Dark/Temp was my very first thought!  By mid 20's, I was soloing at +3 or better.

• Haha 1