How do you use 2XP boost from the P2W vendor?

UltraAlt

How often do you use the 2XP boost from the P2W vendor?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. How do you use 2XP boost from the P2W vendor?

• Always - I get it from the start and use it until level 50
    • Sometimes - I use it at lower levels (mainly below level 20)
    • Sometimes - I use it at higher levels once I've saved up some influence
    • Randomly - I use it sometimes, but not all the time
    • Never - I don't use the 2XP boosts from the P2W vendor
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/01/21 at 03:59 AM

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Set to close 5/31 at midnight.

• Confused 1

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

I make way more inf on new chars from drops than the influence that they can get from just the inf reward.  Even the chars that are turning off XP to hit all contacts before out leveling do 2xp before breakpoints.

I mostly use it at higher levels, but not because of inf.  Lower levels go by so fast anyway and I like to make sure I hit all the bank missions on the way up and open up at least a few contacts/do a few story arcs (Hollows/Striga for instance).  With double xp in the early levels you move so fast you end up skipping by the content too fast for my taste.  At higher levels that isn't an issue anymore as levels slow way down.

To follow up, I do think it would have been a better poll with just "Sometimes - I use it at higher levels"  You did not give a qualifier on any other option, so not sure why you did for that one option.  I went ahead and picked that one even though it is only half true for me due to your qualifier.

Edited by Riverdusk
  • Like 1

Depends on if I'm leveling a character that I feel like I know what all the powers do or if I'm leveling something that I'm trying a different set of tactics so I don't want to gain too much too fast.  So sometimes I use it 1-50 maxed out.  Other times I use it sporadically when I'm say at a break point where I want to quickly get to a particular level to gain a new power or slots and then let it lapse while I integrate that power into my attacks etc.

• Like 1

I use it during a couple runs of Death From Below - until I'm high enough level for the Positron TF - then delete it and never use another on that character.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Almost all outlevelled story arcs are still there in Ouro, and are more fun with characters who have slots in their powers anyways.  No levelling character can make enough inf to meet all their needs, and the price of levelling went way up with the Upgrade button. which also made most of those carefully stockpiled level 15 generic IOs obsolete.  I buy the full eight hours in the tutorial and keep it running until 50, and keep tranches of inf moving in the mail. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I'll run at normal XP, picking up Matthew Habashy's arc and the first mission from Rick Davies and Azuria, then run Habashy's missions to get Sandra Costel, run her missions to get Aaron Thierry; once I've got his first mission and can't outlevel him before getting the mission awarding the 'Savior of Atlas Park' badge, I'll get the 2XP and run with it. Do Azuria's and Davies' missions at +2, then go back to them and either get the next mission or a new contact.

I don't. I find myself turning off XP fairly often trying to make sure I don't outlevel safeguards and the story arcs I want to do. 30-35 is kind of a dead zone where I might consider it if I think about it, but I never do.

I do stay in Patrol XP constantly.

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

On 5/11/2021 at 12:32 PM, Riverdusk said:

I mostly use it at higher levels, but not because of inf.  Lower levels go by so fast anyway and I like to make sure I hit all the bank missions on the way up and open up at least a few contacts/do a few story arcs (Hollows/Striga for instance).  With double xp in the early levels you move so fast you end up skipping by the content too fast for my taste.  At higher levels that isn't an issue anymore as levels slow way down.

This is why I save the "Experienced" buff charges (the temp power you get during the anniversary events) for later levels. Since all that power does is grant you five blocks of "rested XP", at low levels you just burn those off in less than ten minutes. So I save them up for higher levels, when gaining five blocks of XP takes a lot longer. More bang for the buck, basically.

I get them, then burn through most of it standing at PDH waiting for MSRs to start.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Strangely enough so far the numbers are about what I would have expected.  If I'm going to power level a toon then of course I use them, otherwise it just depends.  Sometimes at lower levels they go so fast anyhow I deliberately won't use them because I'm trying to get a feel for how my newest creation plays and enjoying the experience of it (not XP but the actual "experience").

Want to see my current list of characters?  Want to know more about me than you ever wanted to know?

Wish Granted!   Check out the 'About Me' in my profile:   KauaiJim - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

On 5/11/2021 at 10:37 AM, UltraAlt said:

Inconsistently. 

I'll snag a few for the early levels if I am starting an AT that I am familiar with.  I'll skip them at the start and level more slowly if I am not.  Aside from that I've sporadically grabbed some here and there if I am feeling impatient for a specific level.  Generally, not that often though.

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

3 minutes ago, InvaderStych said:

Inconsistently. 

I'll snag a few for the early levels if I am starting an AT that I am familiar with.  I'll skip them at the start and level more slowly if I am not.  Aside from that I've sporadically grabbed some here and there if I am feeling impatient for a specific level.  Generally, not that often though.

Make sure to vote in the poll.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, KauaiJim said:

Strangely enough so far the numbers are about what I would have expected.

It's pretty much what I expected as well. 

I have a couple of poll ideas and I thought this was a good place to start from a community involvement standpoint.

• Like 1

I chose "Other", 

The usual reason I use it is if a contact won't give me missions till I'm a certain level, and I really don't want to have to look for another. I'll grab a 2XP and street hunt till I can resume getting Missions. Usually I'll work on a Defeats Badge since they are many of those that don't just happen on their own ( CW Gears, Rikti Monkeys, Freak Tanks, Sky Raider Skiffs, Warwolves, Vampyri )

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Blueside: I'll grab the first 8 hours, but after that point it is essentially random if I use them. I don't think the levels below 12 provide much of a feel for the uniqueness of a character. I think the Gold and Red side flavor is much better at low levels, so it is possible for me to enjoy the 'mission text' more by not out-leveling it.

• 4 weeks later

"Always - I get it from the start and use it until level 50" is actually a lower percentage than I thought.