Instant Max Level Token

Leveling is great, the 2xp is fantastic help, but why not just make an instant max level token that cost 100mil INF, or whatever number really!

I think this would help my ALT-itis heavily, and also kill some off some of the AE Farm obsession, just a tad.

Eat up some influence, max out characters quicker, and since its a token nobody is forced to do it if they wanna play naturally?

Love to hear some cons about this idea!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

Instead of chat filling up with “LF AE Farm.  Please please please”, it will be filled with “Need 1mill infl.  Please please please.

IMO, we should be working on ways to get more people to play. Not even faster ways to max out their toons.

You mentioned that you like doing content with people - so why not do it?

Why the need to get to 50 so fast? Take the time to smell the roses.  You might find that they smell good.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Ghost said:

Why the need to get to 50 so fast? Take the time to smell the roses.

Because you can still go back to smell the roses at 50, but also have all your powers slotted and enhanced as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Starwave  Blue Gale  Wolfhound  Actionette  Relativity Rabbit

Part of the reason why homecoming has the largest playerbase is because they are trying to maintain an as close to live experience as possible.  A level 50 token at any price probably wouldnt be in line with maintaining the experience while moving forward.  Should it ever be implemented,  i would be concerned that the next announcement would be discontinuation of further development.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arcane said:

The 2-3 hours currently required to get 1-50 seems small enough.

I agree with this. I get the idea behind a token and can see the advantages there to cutting junk out of LFG, but getting into an AE farm (at least on Excelsior) is incredibly easy, it seems.

What I am concerned with is the number of folks who will show up for an iTrial saying "I have 63 other level 50s, so just let me know what class you need" and then those same people do not know how to pass the league star back to the leader, or to pass a Pacification Grenade to the leader.

Maybe the act of leveling from 49->50 should come with a required ingame test of some kind. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Naruchico said:

Leveling is great, the 2xp is fantastic help, but why not just make an instant max level token that cost 100mil INF, or whatever number really!

I think this would help my ALT-itis heavily, and also kill some off some of the AE Farm obsession, just a tad.

Eat up some influence, max out characters quicker, and since its a token nobody is forced to do it if they wanna play naturally?

Love to hear some cons about this idea!

Absolutely no vote, very sorry.

• Thumbs Up 2

18 hours ago, Naruchico said:

So... adding a P2W item which creates instant level 50 characters with zero enhancements, and costs an arm and a leg to buy in the first place, will... reduce farming?

Spock Quotes on Twitter: ""Logic and knowledge are not enough."  #SpockQuotes"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

On those games where it takes 100s of hours to reach max level, allowing you to do this on ALTs makes sense. 

This game, where you can PUG to 50 after work in a week or so, let alone the whole AE farming in 3 hours stuff ... this really seems a solution looking for a problem. 

That said, it wouldn't change much really, so whatevs. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Luminara said:

So... adding a P2W item which creates instant level 50 characters with zero enhancements, and costs an arm and a leg to buy in the first place, will... reduce farming?

Spock Quotes on Twitter: ""Logic and knowledge are not enough."  #SpockQuotes"

Yeah tbh the farming for the IOs probably takes longer than the power leveling even now.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Naruchico said:

I think it would break the game to allow instant-50 on the active shards.

A while back, I suggested a new shard — not beta, not test, but not any of the active ones — with "instant 50" activated. It would be a regular shard in all respects but alts could not be transferred from it. A shard for the maxed-out end-game crowd to go hang and not have to clutter up the others with grinding and farming.

I was roundly cussed out and told to get out of the bar and quit telling people how to play the game.

So I'm really not sure what that class of players, a fairly large one, wants, exactly. They want end game, they don't want to level up new toons, but they don't want to go play with like players, either. So.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

I am a casual player and spent 5 years getting my first level 50 on live.  On HC that journey was 6 months. COH has become ridiculous easy to level in many ways and does not need another. 

In a world of blinkies the game needs to find new ways to be sticky and keep player attention span.  My experiences say there are many level 50s out there who flew to the top and have no idea about incarnate system / how to unlock, chat channels, task forces or even form / participate in a team. 

none of this is a complaint but an opportunity to team and show new people new facets of the worlds greatest hero mmo. 

• Like 1

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

7 hours ago, skoryy said:

Because you can still go back to smell the roses at 50, but also have all your powers slotted and enhanced as well.

Why is not running content until you are maxed out important?

Do you feel the content is too difficult at level?  Or do you prefer things to be easy?

Your powers sit their grayed (or is it greyed) out, so I am genuinely curious as to the appeal.

Me, I run content from 1-50, then after I’ve maxed out, I go back and run it again because I love playing.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Ghost said:

Why is not running content until you are maxed out important?

I don't actually farm myself, but I've also just swapped a scrapper concept into a blaster because the slog just got too much. Not enough slots, not enough buttons to press, not enough damage (if you don't have Fury, Assassination, or Defiance).  Its not as fun as exemplaring a 50 who has better damage enhancement than you'd get from one or two SOs.

14 hours ago, Ghost said:

Do you feel the content is too difficult at level?  Or do you prefer things to be easy?

I prefer not to have my patience challenged by filling my attack chain with bargain bin Shadow Maul and having to take rest breaks before I run out of blue bar.  I imagine farmers likewise have been through this enough that they too are out of patience.  

If you're having fun going the long way, that's OK!  Not everyone does, so I won't begrudge farmers and I won't begrudge OP wanting a free 50 inf sink.

Edited by skoryy
  • Thanks 1

Starwave  Blue Gale  Wolfhound  Actionette  Relativity Rabbit

On 8/1/2021 at 5:06 PM, Glacier Peak said:

You can have access to what you seek and more....

... on the Brainstorm shard! 

Yep, you can build anything you want with every enhancement imaginable on test in less time than it takes to run a DFB.

If you want to build and play alts that's the place to do it!

• Thumbs Up 3

19 hours ago, Oklahoman said:

What I am concerned with is the number of folks who will show up for an iTrial saying "I have 63 other level 50s, so just let me know what class you need" and then those same people do not know how to pass the league star back to the leader, or to pass a Pacification Grenade to the leader.

🙂

What's crazy every once in awhile you'll find someone with say 110 lvl 50s IO'd to the gill able to fill any role that have know all the content like the back of their hand and know more about build theory of various powersets than people maining most of their particular characters.

That said that pool as of late is a little shallow lately, as I haven't logged in a few weeks.

But yes I agree, there are a lot of people who seem to rush to lvl 50 without knowing how to really play. If people really wanted to curb the AE, all they would need to do is make the double xp/patrol xp not work in the AE, and maybe even have an xp penalty to repeated missions.

I don't particularly think that is needed, or fair considering a majority of all the players on the servers have used the AE to farm characters up. Instead it's more pragmatic to put the responsibility on the farmer, for instance, when I play, I only invite people in a farm I'm running if I know them, and know them to be a competent player.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2021 at 6:28 PM, Naruchico said:

I say give it to people for free at the P2W vender.

Cut the farm out of it and let them play like they want to play.

People are constantly looking for AE farms to get power-leveled. 

If all they are going to do is sit in the AE until they are power-leveled to 50, what difference does it make?

The people that want to play the lower levels can play the lower levels (the game) can still play the game, and whoever wants to start playing at 50/the End-game can start playing at the end of the game/level 50.

I find the game more fun myself.

I won't be using it, but it will cut down on the people looking for farms in the LFG channel.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

20 hours ago, Oklahoman said:

Isn't this exactly what happened when the AE was released and the DEVs caved to the Powerleveling crowd?

The AE babies couldn't even figure out how to get out of Atlas back then.

• Haha 1

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

8 hours ago, ninja surprise said:

Yep, you can build anything you want with every enhancement imaginable on test in less time than it takes to run a DFB.

If you want to build and play alts that's the place to do it!

I have over 100 characters here.

I play the game.

I honestly don't like the end-game content. 

Too many flashing lights. I can't see what I'm fighting.

The Incarnate system is garbage.

I like running with new players that are leveling up and learning to play the game.

Homecoming is the place for me.

I might not always agree with some of the gamers in the Community, but this still seems to be a great Community with some of the core people from live.

I'm not even going to bother to check out any other server. This is THE CITY.

48 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

But yes I agree, there are a lot of people who seem to rush to lvl 50 without knowing how to really play. If people really wanted to curb the AE, all they would need to do is make the double xp/patrol xp not work in the AE, and maybe even have an xp penalty to repeated missions.

Could add an (xp per level) per hour formula that matches whatever the desired leveling rate should be. Once you have reached that cap, you don't gain any more level until the next hour starts.

But I don't think people want to get rid of power-leveling in the AE or otherwise. 2XP wouldn't be free/available if there was that much concern.

I'm against powerleveling myself (always have been), but, if one form of power-leveling is okay, why shouldn't another one be okay?

I dip into the 2XP to keep up with other players that I'm trying to level with that insist on using it. Otherwise, I don't alway use it.

Using the 2XP levels you so quickly that you have to level lock yourself to avoid outleveling arcs. You could even outlevel arcs without it if you aren't careful.

Honestly, I feel a bit guilty about using the 2XP, but I still do it to "fit in". 

Peer-pressure is everywhere.

• Like 1

Hard pass. As mentioned above, this is what Brainstorm is for.

You might think this wouldn't affect other players, but it would. A lot of the players that I regularly play with usually run DFB/Radios/AE until lvl 22-27, slot SO's or attuned IO's, and then get to 50 via TFC > Maria Jenkins > ITF. I find this is more enjoyable when most of the team is under 50. I'd say this usually takes 6-7 hours of playing. It might only take 2 hours of AE to get to 50, but the tradeoff is that you won't be making progress toward accolades during that time. I've noticed this gives incentive for people to run content before being lvl 50 and allows for a pretty good balance between fully-built characters and those under 50.

There is a HUGE difference between being lvl 50 and say, 49. Being level shifted and able to slot VR/50+5 IO's is a major bump in performance.

IMO, it's going to be a boring game if EVERY team I'm on that's running low-level content is full of 100% built teammates. There's already been a ton of threads started on this forum asking for ways to curb the steamrolling... this would just make the state of the game worse than it already is. Imagine being new to the game and on almost every team you join, you're the only player under 50 without purple IO's and incarnate powers.

Don't get me wrong, I love playing on HC.. but this suggestion is clearly something that would divide the community. 

Edited by Cirque
  • Like 1