Can't stand "mission hoppers"

Diantane

On 11/2/2021 at 1:18 PM, Greycat said:

Do you mention ahead of time that you're clearing everything or whatnot?

If not, well, just remember. Even if the character's a psychic, the player isn't. Make your expectations known first.

Damn you and your logic!!! How dare you bring logic to this discussion! Curse you!!!

(Sorry, been drinking for the first time in over a year tonight, so I'm having fun, hahaha)

• Thumbs Up 1

Interesting how the OP comes in here and creates these posts complaining about something and then bails on the thread while everyone else takes him seriously and keeps debating.

• Haha 1

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

On 11/4/2021 at 8:41 AM, ForeverLaxx said:

I think you missed the satire as that post was written just like the OP's original post, subbing out "mission hoppers" with "complainers" (and a few more liberties to make it read properly). Someone else did this too, using "thread hoppers" instead.

Is it customary for people "well over 50" to not read the thread before posting?

I saw what was being done in the post. It was making a mockery of the OP. Apparently, other post was as well. Very trolly of them.

And I don't judge other people for that they do unless it is ruining other people's fun.

I have read the entire thread other than those that I have on ignore.

It seem you are intentionally being trolly as well. 

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Thumbs Down 4

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

22 hours ago, Albion said:

The talk is straying away from the topic (as silly as it was) and getting into the ground of personals attacks so lets get back on route everyone.

The OP was serious about their post.

And I think they have a good point.

To me there was nothing silly about it.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

23 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

It seem you are intentionally being trolly as well.

You're free to think what you want but that doesn't make it correct. Not liking what someone has to say doesn't make them a troll.

25 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

And I don't judge other people for that they do unless it is ruining other people's fun.

Oh, right, I forgot you have a nasty habit of deciding what is and is not "fun." My mistake.

Maybe if the OP hadn't made a habit of the last month of making inflammatory "my opinion is fact" posts and abandoning them after they get 5 responses and disregarding the actual early advice, perhaps people would be more willing to converse. As it is, this particular OP seems mostly concerned with trying to stir up drama and watching the fallout so they're being treated as such. They have no interest in getting to the bottom of the problem just as they clearly have no interest in communicating to their team in-game. In his mind, everyone he invites should just be psychically aware of how he wants to run the team and if they don't fall in line, then they're the problem. The fact you think he "has a point" should be concerning.

Why you insist on always coming to the defense of anyone claiming their fun is being impacted so you can parrot the same "play my way or don't play" rhetoric is expected, if tiresome. You seem to have some inflated sense of self-worth and a very low bar for what counts as "trolly" behavior that lets you continue to feel good by slapping anyone who does light ribbing with an ignore. You're not as important as you seem to think you are -- you aren't being trolled, but you are being kinda sad.

• Thumbs Up 4

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

2 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

The OP was serious about their post.

And I think they have a good point.

To me there was nothing silly about it.

I take it you have never joined a team lead by the OP my friend, she, or he, is a train wreck that either gives ZERO pointers and expect everyone to be a mind reader (because there WILL BE rant at you be sure), or spends the whole run telling you how you should run your AT while being on a wholly different AT and not doing its pertaining work.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Σαυτὸν ἀρίθμησον πρότερον καὶ γνῶθι σεαυτόν,

καὶ τότ᾽ ἀριθμήσεις γαῖαν ἀπειρεσίην.

1 hour ago, Albion said:

I take it you have never joined a team lead by the OP my friend, she, or he, is a train wreck that either gives ZERO pointers and expect everyone to be a mind reader (because there WILL BE rant at you be sure), or spends the whole run telling you how you should run your AT while being on a wholly different AT and not doing its pertaining work.

Can 100% confirm this behavior. 

• Like 2

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

15 hours ago, Dazl said:

Interesting how the OP comes in here and creates these posts complaining about something and then bails on the thread while everyone else takes him seriously and keeps debating.

Counterpoint: I don't. Oh, they are serious as I have teamed with them. I have given legit responses to their posts. People have even asked the OP legit questions. We get nada for the response. So no, I don't take them seriously on the forum.

• Thumbs Up 2

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

On 11/2/2021 at 2:23 PM, Carnifax said:

I don't enter til the leader does. Both to avoid the +0 bug and because it's their mission.

On a side note, this is allegedly fixed in Page 3.  The beta server patch notes state:

"Fix a longstanding bug where missions would be launched with the wrong difficulty settings if the mission owner was not in the same zone as the door and another teammate entered it first."

• Thanks 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

11 hours ago, Ironblade said:

On a side note, this is allegedly fixed in Page 3.  The beta server patch notes state:

"Fix a longstanding bug where missions would be launched with the wrong difficulty settings if the mission owner was not in the same zone as the door and another teammate entered it first."

Dang. I can no longer set it to +0 when just about every team I've joined is playing at +4?  😉 

On 11/5/2021 at 12:42 PM, Albion said:

I take it you have never joined a team lead by the OP my friend, .... (because there WILL BE rant at you be sure), or spends the whole run telling you how you should run your AT while being on a wholly different AT and not doing its pertaining work.

Well, that too is bad behavior.

Bad behavior on their part doesn't excuse other people's bad behavior.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Well, that too is bad behavior.

Bad behavior on their part doesn't excuse other people's bad behavior.

Agreed 100%, I was just referring at the fact the person posting is the reason people get's frustrated and (the ones with patience) want to leave that run as soon as possible, and the others just get out of there, thus making her or his complaint kind of moot. If it was from some other person it could be discussed at large.

Σαυτὸν ἀρίθμησον πρότερον καὶ γνῶθι σεαυτόν,

καὶ τότ᾽ ἀριθμήσεις γαῖαν ἀπειρεσίην.

On 11/5/2021 at 12:42 PM, Albion said:

Somehow I missed this. I too have teamed with the OP and have repeatedly stated I gignored them in game.

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

3 minutes ago, Hedgefund said:

SHE has an advanced degree in Robotics.

Sorry to deadname ol' Green Jeans.  Wouldn't 'a thought robotics would be a natural career path for a farmer, but I guess that must have been easy compared to the other transition!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Krimson said:

In all fairness, when I saw the name, I thought of Hugh Brannum's character from Captain Kangaroo.

Since the talk about Mr. Green Jeans started when I posted my Capt. Kangaroo character, so did I. :)

(Thus the "joke"—barely worthy of the name—about Kangaroo's friend Green Jeans apparently switching from farming to robotics and getting gender reassignment somewhere along the way.)

Edited by Zhym

On 11/7/2021 at 12:33 PM, Albion said:

If it was from some other person it could be discussed at large.

Or people could just discuss the topic versus bring preconceived bias to the conversation.

Some people in the forums at this point just seem to be out to get certain people for whatever reason.

• Thumbs Down 1