Focused Feedback: Tasks

3 hours ago, Mezmera said:

We have them almost convinced to allow sleeps to remove vengeance buffs...  😁

I thought they stated that trying it didn't really work the way they wanted it to and to not expect such a thing in the future. Instead they're going to give more toggles to enemies so that sleeps can still be useful as a way to knock toggles off mid-combat more frequently than the AoE holds can.

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

2 hours ago, ForeverLaxx said:

I thought they stated that trying it didn't really work the way they wanted it to and to not expect such a thing in the future. Instead they're going to give more toggles to enemies so that sleeps can still be useful as a way to knock toggles off mid-combat more frequently than the AoE holds can.

The smiley face should indicate I was trying to be funny, yet to still passive aggressively keep the pressure on if they stumble across that post.

They said it, no take-backsies!  😜 

Thanks for the clarification @Faultline, was half expecting something like, “SOs only” type of deal (i don’t remember if sets came before or after STF/LRSF). 
Assuming that i understood it correctly, you don’t need MO settings for the Old School Badge, in that case, looks simple enough, plenty of progress can be archived in between wipes.
With a nice comp, Old School definitely looks doable, looking forward to that.

If we ever get a SOs only badge with those, can we call it “Feeling old yet” ?

• 2 weeks later
On 11/5/2021 at 2:05 AM, Booper said:

Tasks

The Future of Freedom (Flashback)

• The original version of Lord Recluse's Future of Freedom strike force can now be found in Ouroboros.
  • It is located under the 'Made (Level 50)' category and is designated Arc 7.54.
  • This version is true to the original release, with none of the nerfs that the content received later.
    • Mission 4's Vindicators fight has all five heroes returned to their original level of 54.
    • Mission 5's Freedom Phalanx fight has all eight heroes returned to their original level of 54.
  • Shares reward cooldowns with the currently existing version of the content.
  • The Ouroboros version rewards all the same defeat badges you would normally get.
  • This content can be run for the 'Master of Recluse's Strike Force' badge, though it is obviously more difficult to do so.
  • Completion of the Ouroboros version of this strike force with the "Old School Challenge" selected (no Incarnate powers, no Set Bonuses) rewards the new Worthy Opponent badge.

The Future of Freedom (Both versions)

• You must now defeat the Vindicators and secure the base code to complete Mission 4.

Question regarding Longbow as it relates to the Flashback version of the LRSF.

Longbow got some new minion/LT options, due to the Praetorian war (Mobs like the Mender from the Praetorian Clockwork, and IDF units that swapped sides)

Will those be reverted back during the flashback options, or is not a possible change?

6 hours ago, Arbegla said:

Question regarding Longbow as it relates to the Flashback version of the LRSF.

Longbow got some new minion/LT options, due to the Praetorian war (Mobs like the Mender from the Praetorian Clockwork, and IDF units that swapped sides)

Will those be reverted back during the flashback options, or is not a possible change?

Not a developer, but from what I understand Paragon Studios baked those mobs into Longbow and Arachnos, and would require a lot of work to separate.

• Developer
7 hours ago, Arbegla said:

Faultline has a special hatred for the Praetorian enemies showing up in places that happened before Praetoria and we already have a method figured out to limit them.

The question of when that will be implemented I am not certain, but you can expect those enemies to not be in places they canonically shouldn't sooner or later.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

Abandoned Sewer Trial

Since this trial is getting some (long overdue!) love, I'd like to put in a vote to add a hospital somewhere within a dozen light years of the final map. Dying in that trial is way more punishing than seems right given its place in the modern difficulty scale. An abandoned hospital for example might fit thematically.

I realize it's way too late for Page 3 but maybe it could get added in a subsequent update.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Booper said:

Ms. Liberty Task Force

• The version of Lord Recluse faced in the final encounter now has a long-range Web Cocoon hold with -fly/-jump.
  • During this encounter only, Lord Recluse now has 85% resistance to -range debuffs.

Good!

8 minutes ago, Booper said:

Apex & Tin Mage Task Forces

• Removed -4 level shift debuff from running this content without an Alpha Slot power equipped.

Wow! Was not expecting that!

9 minutes ago, Booper said:

Caverns of Transcendence Trial

• Almost entirely redone system-side.
  • Objectives now track on the navigation telling you how many obelisks remain.
  • Koago must now be defeated to complete the trial.
  • Mob spawns re-evaluated, many packs had a 20% of spawning, causing the trial map to sometimes generate as an almost entirely empty instance.
  • In set interval checks, surviving mobs on the map will have a chance to start chasing players depending on team size and how many obelisks have been completed.

Fantastic!

1 hour ago, Booper said:

Release Candidate 1 Changes:

Tasks [Focused Feedback: Tasks]

Ms. Liberty Task Force

• The version of Lord Recluse faced in the final encounter now has a long-range Web Cocoon hold with -fly/-jump.
  • During this encounter only, Lord Recluse now has 85% resistance to -range debuffs.

• Removed -4 level shift debuff from running this content without an Alpha Slot power equipped.

Eden Trial

• Expanded the level range so summoned Devouring Earth will not spawn far below the trial's level.
  • You can now only select a Titan Origin Enhancement as a reward every 18 hours like other special enhancements.
  • Completing this trial on the Master Challenge will give an even-level Titan Origin Enhancement instead of -2.

Abandoned Sewer Trial

• Expanded the level range so summoned Hydra will not spawn far below the trial's level.
  • You can now only select a Hydra Origin Enhancement as a reward every 18 hours like other special enhancements.
  • Completing this trial on the Master Challenge will give an even-level Titan Origin Enhancement instead of -2.

Market Crash Trial

• M1sT3r B1GsH0t in Mission 1 and Captain Roberts in Mission 2 now spawn as AVs.

Caverns of Transcendence Trial

• Almost entirely redone system-side.
  • Objectives now track on the navigation telling you how many obelisks remain.
  • Koago must now be defeated to complete the trial.
  • Mob spawns re-evaluated, many packs had a 20% of spawning, causing the trial map to sometimes generate as an almost entirely empty instance.
  • In set interval checks, surviving mobs on the map will have a chance to start chasing players depending on team size and how many obelisks have been completed.

The Underground Incarnate Trial

• Desdemona now has no collision, meaning it is impossible for her to get stuck on her own summoned demons.

What an absolutely beautiful wall of green. 

Currently on fire.

Why? Incarnate stuff is so easy to earn now. iXP starts awarding instantly on hitting 50, and threads drop everywhere. Plus, Vet Levels mean anyone can have an Alpha Slot power as soon as that first ding happens for Vet 1. Was there really enough problems around these TFs that their interesting unique part needed to be removed? I was always hoping for a couple more incarnate-ish-grade TFs, not to lose these two.

Pinnacle refugee. Powers and math guy.

1 minute ago, BillyMailman said:

Why? Incarnate stuff is so easy to earn now. iXP starts awarding instantly on hitting 50, and threads drop everywhere. Plus, Vet Levels mean anyone can have an Alpha Slot power as soon as that first ding happens for Vet 1. Was there really enough problems around these TFs that their interesting unique part needed to be removed? I was always hoping for a couple more incarnate-ish-grade TFs, not to lose these two.

I'm fielding the same question...why? Are that many people *not* running Tinpex because of a lack of Alpha power? This is an out of nowhere change, I'm just curious as to the reasoning.

• Thanks 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

8 hours ago, Booper said:

From what I've heard, I think the motivation here is at least partly due to this debuff bugging out and affecting Incarnates with a Alpha Slot power equiped.  On top of that, perhaps the root cause for it bugging out can't be tracked down and thus the only workaround is to remove the debuff.

8 hours ago, Booper said:

Tasks [Focused Feedback: Tasks]

Ms. Liberty Task Force

Well, it looks like that I can go ahead with stripping and deleting my Electric Armor Tanker that I've been procrastinating on. :classic_biggrin:

29 minutes ago, Jacke said:

From what I've heard, I think the motivation here is at least partly due to this debuff bugging out and affecting Incarnates with a Alpha Slot power equiped.  On top of that, perhaps the root cause for it bugging out can't be tracked down and thus the only workaround is to remove the debuff.

I have been hit by that. If you zone in and out it usually fixes itself.

Either way, I'm fire with removing it. Allows the newly incarnate to get some salvage quicker.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BillyMailman said:

I think your post is more of a justification to do away with the restriction on this TF.

If everyone is getting an alpha slot so quickly then this type of restriction on participating seems redundant and adds needless complexity to the game.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

1 hour ago, Apparition said:

Well, it looks like that I can go ahead with stripping and deleting my Electric Armor Tanker that I've been procrastinating on. :classic_biggrin:

Explain

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

• City Council
2 hours ago, Jacke said:

This, we have an idea of what the root cause is, but it's not worth to spend the time confirming, fixing and testing when the Alpha Slot is unlocked so easily here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, BillyMailman said:

how is the mechanic “interesting”? As far as I can tell the only difference here is that now all 50s can do these. I don’t see the problem.

• In addition to existing rewards, it now also has MissionOwner, which will trigger various Day Job bonuses and a chance of Pool B recipe.

Announcer Voice -  It did not.

There was no Pool B drop after I just ran Cavern on Beta.  Patch notes says "a chance" This drop used to be automatic.  See Faultline post below.  Is this change supposed to grant a Pool B with a chance < 100%?

• City Council
7 hours ago, Hedgefund said:
  • In addition to existing rewards, it now also has MissionOwner, which will trigger various Day Job bonuses and a chance of Pool B recipe.

Announcer Voice -  It did not.

There was no Pool B drop after I just ran Cavern on Beta.  Patch notes says "a chance" This drop used to be automatic.  See Faultline post below.  Is this change supposed to grant a Pool B with a chance < 100%?

I honeslty don't know how this drop was ever automatic. I did find the commit that is blamed for the change, it's from April 5th 2020:

Story Arcs always reward a SO of your origin.

The mission reward for levels 10 to 14 was missing the Pool B invention recipes.
Introductory tasks from City Hall reward a damage SO.

That commit added the 10% Pool B recipe drop that was missing from MissionOwner at those levels, and didn't touch the cavern trial, that never had the MissionOwner reward until it was added on this patch. If the drop used to be automatic, it was through some weird side effect that disappeared when the Pool B recipes were added to arcs in the 10 to 14 range. The only change to the Cavern trial since shutdown (prior to this very last patch) was to remove the simultaneous click requirement from the 8 obelisks.

Based on that, the current rewards as of this patch (adding MissionOwner) are considered working as intended. If the rewards are reevaluated it'll probably be for the worse, since the short completion time it currently has (236 seconds median) means it should be dropping 1 reward merit, not 8. Making the AV mandatory and revamping the spawn mechanics are an attempt to make the trial more challenging to justify the merit reward.

Note: there are reports that the spawns in the Cavern trial are fixed at x8. This is not intended and is a priority to fix that I'm looking into. This problem already exists on the live version, but it's masked by the fact that so few spawns are active.

• Thanks 2