Positive Gamer No Longer Playing CoH, Very Horrible Story

Solarverse

18 minutes ago, Snarky said:

So he hijacks an event.  then (o I am shocked) this left some folks less than happy.  So he has to quit because people do not respect him.  WoW!  Karen.

You forgot harassed him for 6 months+ while threatening him, gathering information on where he lives and then posting it online for all to see, literally putting his life in danger.

27 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

You forgot harassed him for 6 months+ while threatening him, gathering information on where he lives and then posting it online for all to see, literally putting his life in danger.

Do we have proof of that? Honest question, keep seeing that mentioned but would like to see screenshots, discussion of it, reports to get a bearing of what transpired.

Edited by Albion
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Σαυτὸν ἀρίθμησον πρότερον καὶ γνῶθι σεαυτόν,

καὶ τότ᾽ ἀριθμήσεις γαῖαν ἀπειρεσίην.

25 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

According to him.  

1) while Snarky I do not want to downplay the seriousness of cyber bullying.  If real (IF) then this is unconscionable 

2) to swing into an ongoing event to hijack it for tour video stream then pretend that the original players were in the wrong indicates a certain “looseness” with the facts that makes me question any following statements.  “The boy that cried wolf”

• Like 8
  • Thumbs Up 1

Looks like this is the Hami raid in question (streamed July 11, 2019). It matches the footage shown in the video from the OP, if anyone is compelled to review the actual footage.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, Albion said:

Do we have proof of that? Honest question, keep seeing that mentioned but would like to see screenshots, discussion of it, reports to get a bearing of what transpired.

No, just going off the man's word.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Snarky said:

According to him.  

1) while Snarky I do not want to downplay the seriousness of cyber bullying.  If real (IF) then this is unconscionable 

2) to swing into an ongoing event to hijack it for tour video stream then pretend that the original players were in the wrong indicates a certain “looseness” with the facts that makes me question any following statements.  “The boy that cried wolf”

I can get on board with that.

• Thumbs Up 2

25 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Looks like this is the Hami raid in question (streamed July 11, 2019). It matches the footage shown in the video from the OP, if anyone is compelled to review the actual footage.

If someone does watch it let us know how that went, its too long to even try, I fall asleep.

2 hours ago, Solarverse said:

If that is what had happened, I don't recall him saying that in the video.

I personally find it interesting that you take this one guy for his word, but when someone else posts information that runs counter to what PG said, you act like their words aren't enough to prove that's what happened. Instead you just default to PG's version of events.

Why is it that you take PG for his word, but no one else? He doesn't exactly prove anything either beyond showing some /tells that he probably shouldn't have received. Everything he says is to put him in as much of a good light as possible because he's trying to vilify the people he doesn't like. Considering we have more reports that he intentionally crashed a Hami Raid under the "no one owns a zone" technically true clause and only his word stating otherwise, it at least makes him appear to be a self-important, antagonistic prick.

2 hours ago, Dazl said:

True nobody should be getting doxxed

I don't condone the practice, but doxing isn't illegal unless you used illegal methods to obtain that information. The information itself (name, address, even phone number/email, etc) is public information and posting public information isn't a crime. Again, I don't condone it, but I wanted to point this out as people love to associate the actions of those who use that public info for nefarious purposes with the act of posting it in the first place. It's like blaming the gun because some kid found it in an unlocked closet and shot his friend over a Pokemon card.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

14 hours ago, TheOtherTed said:

I don't do Hami raids either - never saw the point of 'em.  But on Everlasting I can't remember seeing a Hami raid announcement.  If it's not announced on General or LFG, I definitely wouldn't see it.  If it's a one-off system blurb, I probably wouldn't notice it.  If, as PG claims, he hadn't done Hami on Homecoming before that one attempt, there's no reason to believe he'd automatically see or know about such announcements.

A quick PSA to everyone in this thread, then I'll bow out of it.  There is a difference between hearsay, anecdotal evidence, and actual, you know, evidence.  Again, I'm not out to defend PG - never heard of him before today - but I can see that this thread has already started to slip down the self-righteous witch-hunt path.

I dont know when Everlasting TFs formed, but they announce for hami raids literally every day in LFG and have their own chat channel with the MoD being the daily schedule. So, if Everlasting TFs was up and about, the Hami raid would have been not only announced, but due to Everlasting TFs' schedule, these things would have been known about well in advance since Everlasting TFs does Hamiraids at 9pm, 11pm, and midnight (EST) literally EVERY DAY. It'd be hard NOT to know about it.

Resident certified baby

15 hours ago, Albion said:

Word, if you see some comments on the post of the subreddit and who posted it, you can tell is clickbait+lipservice to the conspiracy crowd
LVtvSuW.png

I dont know any of these people, but Sister Psyche kinda looks like she's pogging and that makes me giggle.

• Haha 1

Resident certified baby

1 minute ago, Redletter said:

I dont know any of these people, but Sister Psyche kinda looks like she's pogging and that makes me giggle.

God now I can't unsee that.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Albion said:

If someone does watch it let us know how that went, its too long to even try, I fall asleep.

I love long form videos, so 3 hours isnt too hard. Especially if you watch at like, 1.5. The Hami raid is only around half the video, a little more or less when you take into account the pre-raid stuff and the travel and the organizing and things. He swaps to Mothership later.

Seemingly, he and his SG formed several leagues to run Hami. He's on excelsior in this stream, so i dont know where everlasting comes in as mentioned earlier in this thread? His stream is tagged as heroes reborn, not homecoming so I have no idea if there's a difference but there's that too, but regardless, for this stream he's not on the Everlasting server. Streamer isnt the first of his league to arrive, and he's teleported to the safety rock. Everything looks pretty kosher to me? Like, that looks like typical Hami stuff. He IS having multiple leagues, I don't know what the etiquette is on that? I know Mothership Raid does that often enough just to roll as many people as they can into the event and I assume he's doing the same.

My thing here is, I have NO idea who's league(s) are who's. If he is crashing another Hami raid, I can't tell. His streamer set up has him over his chat box, so I cant see if there's people protesting in channels. His group doesnt hit the monster wall, which IS strange? At least from MY understanding of the raid? But that's like, Im not sure that's a MANDATORY thing for the raid more than it is the most EFFICIENT thing.

I mean, to my total baby brain everything looks fine. The ONLY red flags for me are:

- People are entering the zone and typing in broadcast for invite, but he's also filled up two leagues and is trying to organize the creation of third mid-hami. So that could be people just confused on who they need to get invites from, or they could be people who came for a totally different group's hami raid.

- He mentions there's an influx of people coming into the hive at one point? Again, it's like, he's a streamer with a presumably sizable super group, it is honestly as easy to say these are people coming for a different group's hami raid as it is to say theyre people from the SG, Stream, or just randoms who have heard there was a hami raid going on and showed up. They continue to come and go during the whole raid, regardless.

- A member of his chat mentions they HAVE messed up a "serious costume contest". There's no elaboration or recognition of this, so I dont know if it's because there were mad men holding a costume contest IN THE HIVE, or if it's because Big Streamer and his Big Raid inadvertantly stole would-be contestants. I can't see WHY you'd hold a costume contest in Hami's house, I know for a FACT he doesnt appreciate clothing of ANY kind...

If this video is supposed to be a smoking gun, it looks more like a cap gun to me? As an aside, this guy either REALLY loves City of Heroes and the prospect of the community behind it, or he's really hamming it up for the stream. I like his Sands of Mu bit, that's got a lot of potential, but like, kinda boring streamer for me.

AS A DISCLAIMER

I dont really know this guy, or what drama this is about, or whatever? It seems like all parties involved so far seem just really fucking stupid to me?

But I will say that it's a video game. It is just a video game. Harassment is not only stupid, but an ugly waste of time. Also bigly against the rules. And technically illegal. But mostly stupid. Dont bother with it, over what is just a game.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

Resident certified baby

13 minutes ago, Redletter said:

I love long form videos, so 3 hours isnt too hard. Especially if you watch at like, 1.5. The Hami raid is only around half the video, a little more or less when you take into account the pre-raid stuff and the travel and the organizing and things. He swaps to Mothership later.

Seemingly, he and his SG formed several leagues to run Hami. He's on excelsior in this stream, so i dont know where everlasting comes in as mentioned earlier in this thread? His stream is tagged as heroes reborn, not homecoming so I have no idea if there's a difference but there's that too, but regardless, for this stream he's not on the Everlasting server. Streamer isnt the first of his league to arrive, and he's teleported to the safety rock. Everything looks pretty kosher to me? Like, that looks like typical Hami stuff. He IS having multiple leagues, I don't know what the etiquette is on that? I know Mothership Raid does that often enough just to roll as many people as they can into the event and I assume he's doing the same.

My thing here is, I have NO idea who's league(s) are who's. If he is crashing another Hami raid, I can't tell. His streamer set up has him over his chat box, so I cant see if there's people protesting in channels. His group doesnt hit the monster wall, which IS strange? At least from MY understanding of the raid? But that's like, Im not sure that's a MANDATORY thing for the raid more than it is the most EFFICIENT thing.

I mean, to my total baby brain everything looks fine. The ONLY red flags for me are:

- People are entering the zone and typing in broadcast for invite, but he's also filled up two leagues and is trying to organize the creation of third mid-hami. So that could be people just confused on who they need to get invites from, or they could be people who came for a totally different group's hami raid.

- He mentions there's an influx of people coming into the hive at one point? Again, it's like, he's a streamer with a presumably sizable super group, it is honestly as easy to say these are people coming for a different group's hami raid as it is to say theyre people from the SG, Stream, or just randoms who have heard there was a hami raid going on and showed up. They continue to come and go during the whole raid, regardless.

- A member of his chat mentions they HAVE messed up a "serious costume contest". There's no elaboration or recognition of this, so I dont know if it's because there were mad men holding a costume contest IN THE HIVE, or if it's because Big Streamer and his Big Raid inadvertantly stole would-be contestants. I can't see WHY you'd hold a costume contest in Hami's house, I know for a FACT he doesnt appreciate clothing of ANY kind...

If this video is supposed to be a smoking gun, it looks more like a cap gun to me? As an aside, this guy either REALLY loves City of Heroes and the prospect of the community behind it, or he's really hamming it up for the stream. I like his Sands of Mu bit, that's got a lot of potential, but like, kinda boring streamer for me.

AS A DISCLAIMER

I dont really know this guy, or what drama this is about, or whatever? It seems like all parties involved so far seem just really fucking stupid to me?

But I will say that it's a video game. It is just a video game. Harassment is not only stupid, but an ugly waste of time. Also bigly against the rules. And technically illegal. But mostly stupid. Dont bother with it, over what is just a game.

THANK YOU, also the delivery of content was hilarious.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, KC4800 said:

This guy left HC a long while ago. When he wasn't allowed to post video content, he went to one of the alternate servers. Any of this drama he is stating, did it even happen here on HC? I don't want to know, so I'm not going to watch it.

I saw this guy and I agree.   He is free to have his say but I think it was a too me me me in the big picture of him. Feel free to feel otherwise.

• Thumbs Up 2

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

COH bomp bomp: 

44 minutes ago, Redletter said:

AS A DISCLAIMER

He's been around for a bit, hell, I practically watched the kid grow up. I know he started CoH on Live, as a young boy, and kept going until shut down where he continued to try and hold the players together after shut down. When Ship of Heroes was announced, he was big on that and got a lot of love from the Devs of that game, so he stayed simirelevant during shut down because of Ship of Heroes and other content. He played a decently large part in spreading the word that CoH was back and continued to make videos focusing primarily on the Homecoming Server. He seemed to take it hard when the Devs outlawed videos on their server, but he seemed to also take it in stride as he moved on to another server so he could continue to stream. I am not at all familiar with what went down between him and the Devs (he did only mention that it was one or two Devs he had an issue with and seemed to make it clear that he did not hold the Dev team as a hole responsible for whatever drama went on there) and this video was the first I had heard of that. All things considered, he has always been super hyped up and nerdy about CoH and for the most part lived up to his name as a Positive Gamer.

That kind of boils down his history as best I remember it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Solarverse said:

He's been around for a bit, hell, I practically watched the kid grow up. I know he started CoH on Live, as a young boy, and kept going until shut down where he continued to try and hold the players together after shut down. When Ship of Heroes was announced, he was big on that and got a lot of love from the Devs of that game, so he stayed simirelevant during shut down because of Ship of Heroes and other content. He played a decently large part in spreading the word that CoH was back and continued to make videos focusing primarily on the Homecoming Server. He seemed to take it hard when the Devs outlawed videos on their server, but he seemed to also take it in stride as he moved on to another server so he could continue to stream. I am not at all familiar with what went down between him and the Devs (he did only mention that it was one or two Devs he had an issue with and seemed to make it clear that he did not hold the Dev team as a hole responsible for whatever drama went on there) and this video was the first I had heard of that. All things considered, he has always been super hyped up and nerdy about CoH and for the most part lived up to his name as a Positive Gamer.

That kind of boils down his history as best I remember it.

Makes sense then. Like I said, he did seem really enthused just about the game in general, which is like, the same energy I generally get from people who I talk to who have ALSO had deep connections to the game. But Ive grown up in the age of streamers, so like, I have to temper all of my assessments OF a streamer based on a "best case scenario, worst case scenario" view. From a glance through the thread, it seems more like he did one obnoxious thing, people got mad about it, then his SG got politcal and he tried to curtail that and then people from within his own circle opted to be degens about that. And this raid seems to a standout inciting incident for everything.

It's entirely possible this guy totally jacked a hamiraid from a group that was already there. It's possible that group told on him, and mods told him he couldnt stream anymore, and he took that personally and tried to paint the people doing everything they were supposed to as the villains.

It's possible a bunch of nerds were mad about a streamer bringing an enmormous group to a hamidon raid that hyperlagged the zone, and so even though he didnt actually STEAL anything from them, they didnt want to play in the lag and left, then complained about bad streamer man 'stealing' their run. Im not sure the limit on players in hami's zone, but i do know 50 is the limit in RWZ. He claims to have two full leagues and then some taking on Hamidon, so either his math is off or Hami's house can house a lot of players. If the case is the latter, then you can literally just follow along and take part in the raid for credit - I've done that more than once in a late-night Hami.

I won't speculate further, but from THIS isolated incident, he seems like a stream nerd who really likes a video game. Makes sense he'd want to stream it, makes sense why he'd be told he cant, makes sense he'd go somewhere he could. What doesnt make sense, is everyone losing their jimmies over what amounts to a he said, she said argument from... at least 3 years ago, now?

If he got harassed, that's plainly against the rules to which we all agree to adhere to and "he took my hami raid from me 😠" or "he told me I couldnt kick people with opinions different from mine from our Super Group 😠 " is not a valid excuse to break those rules. If he was a dick but technically didnt break any rules, it seems the powers that be took that into account when they banned streaming and his protests to the contrary going unheeded would have led to an exodus regardless. Perhaps, most importantly though, he's gone now. So... what's even the point?

• Thumbs Up 1

Resident certified baby

5 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Ok so I watched enough of this stream to understand what happen, and all I have to say is WOW.

I give this guy credit for is love of the game, his hype meter is on 11. I even take back my assumption he knowingly crashed another hami raid. He is so self-involved he didn’t even notice he was doing it. Back then there was no population limit in the Hive, so you could have multiple leagues which is why this raid didn’t fail.

The thing that makes it so insane is he has no idea of what he’s even doing. Sure, the hami raid isn’t hard, but it takes a little more knowledge and coordination than your average PUG. If you are a hami raider and want a good laugh it’s worth a scan. Total bull in a China shop. LOL

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

He said he had never done a Hami raid back on live so this was his first one. I think his leading was forming the raid. I saw no real leading, but I can't see what is being said in game. A lot of people might have know enough to pull it off. If the raid info and chat is done via the server channel, then he was using that.

P.S. I mostly scanned the video versus watching it all.

Edited by Without_Pause

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

18 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Notice the only like you got was from me? That's because they don't care. All they cared about was somebody is quitting the game and it gives them a chance to make a smart ass comment and collect a few likes/laughing faces. I'm sure they will come back to tell me how wrong I am or something, but...I won't be convinced, it's their MO.

The guy fully admitted that the majority of his issues were of his own doing.  He burned himself out by playing for hours every day 7 days a week and needed a break.  There's nothing wrong with that.  Sorry that I don't care about someone I don't know or will ever meet leaving a game for reasons they brought upon themselves.

As for other people being pricks, I can totally empathize with him there and no one should have to be subjected to it.

Let the guy take his hiatus for a while.  He even said it doesn't mean he'll never come back right in the video.

Edited by Excraft
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

"Streamers" believing they deserve free stuff or special treatment in games, to me, is no different than "Influencers" believing they deserve free stuff or special treatment out in the world.  I hate this entire generation.

See the source image

Edited by Aracknight
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 5

I've heard of this chap, even saw some videos of him when the streaming ban came out, as I was curious as to what he could possibly gain by making videos of playing a game that anyone can play if they want to. (once they make an account). 
But, I'm old, and there are reasons that are good enough for him and others, and it doesn't have to make sense to me. So, that's all fine and good. 

The part of the video that talks about the hami raid...I can completely understand why folks would be irritated with him about that. I don't know what server he was on - someone said excelsior, but it's not clear to me if this guy only plays on Excelsior, or hops around on different servers. 

I'm guessing he was a server-hopper. If he were an Excelsior player, and enjoyed doing a hami raid, I'm pretty sure he'd have realized they do these raids every night around 9:30-10Pm eastern. Sometimes earlier if the zone fills. 

I've got to think this incident occurred a long time ago. Like more than a year. Maybe 2 years. Because the hive caps at 50. You can't have several leagues in the hive, unless each league is only a couple of teams. And that certainly wasn't the case, since he mentioned they zerged Hami. Not unless there were a bunch of nukes & such. 

It's not fair for me to say that he should have known better. Ultimately, there's nothing to stop anyone from hosting anything like this if they want to. He's not gonna solo it, so there has to be a good number of other people that also want to. And if they "infringe" upon another leader's normal time, than the other leader - while they have a right to their feelings, they don't have a right to expect other players to stop what they're doing so that routine leader can do what they do. Nor should the routine leader expect them to invite the routine leader and pass the star. 

I remember needing one more lousy bomb click and GM for an MSR. I also know on Excelsior, @doc proteus? Not sure what his global is, but it's close - he does these raids at 2pm Eastern fairly often. A few months ago, it literally was every day, unless he had some issues come up, and he generally tried to convey those days he couldn't lead ahead of time. He also makes a notice in the server events calendar. 

Now, knowing this, I didn't want to wait until 2pm Eastern. I wanted to run an hour earlier. But, I know how protective the players are of their routines. And, well, if I were Doc, I wouldn't want anyone to undercut my routine planned event by an hour either. So, I checked the calendar. Doc wasn't on the calendar, and more telling, he'd mentioned that he wouldn't be leading one that day. So, I knew that I could do so without any objections, and without being accused of any nefarious dis-respecting of anyone else.  (and I tell you the truth here - there were more than a couple of players who insisted I not form it because Doc's was scheduled to form up any moment! I told them I checked the calendar and he wasn't - but man, they were rude until they learned that. ) 

Would I have been within my rights to do so, whether Doc had something scheduled or not? Absolutely. 
Would other players have a right to complain about it? Absolutely. 

But, when they start making discord accounts and extra game accounts just to insult - they're crossing a line from being understandably irked to being more than a bit psychotic. 

As for the SG stuff, his officers kicking folks for not being good enough - someone posted about that, I didn't hear it in the video - this is what happens when you invite just anyone  into your sg. Every "open" sg has these kinds of issues. 

Even Cosmic Council kicks people for various reasons, and drama is either the cause of the kick, or the result of it. And it's quite annoying when people you like teaming with are the cause of drama, or are kicked for other reasons, or they leave because of drama. Or worse, the ones doing the kicking are causing drama because they don't like this person for whatever reason. Sometimes, it's a good reason, and sometimes it ain't! But anytime you have a group of dozens of players, drama will occur. That's why we have popcorn. To be on the outside of the drama and having little else to do other than to see who said what to whom. It's in every SG, and no member or leader will be free from it for any real length of time. 

It's why one of the best things about HC is the /altinvite command. You can just make coalitions and not be too familiar with the other players. Familiarity can breed contempt. 

• Like 3