Nerf Destiny before Any More Advanced Difficulty TFs/SFs

Astralock

Before any more Advanced Difficulty TFs or SFs are added to the game, please nerf Destiny outside of Incarnate trials.  Right now, both the Advanced Difficulty Dr. Aeon SF and Imperious TF are cheesed by cycling the Barrier Destiny ability, removing both challenge and the need for strategy.  People are even demanded to have a tier 4 Barrier Destiny ability prior to joining.  I would suggest possibly cutting the buffs from Destiny in half outside of Incarnate trials, or prevent Destiny abilities from stacking outside of Incarnate trials.  That would open up diversity of Destiny abilities, and add challenge back to the Advanced Difficulty TFs and SFs.

• Thumbs Up 11
  • Thumbs Down 12

Or just lead a trial how you want with those rules in mind so you can attract like minded people.

That way you're not forcing the way you want to play on others who might be less receptive. 

Edited by The_Warpact
Spell check dammit
  • Thumbs Up 10
  • Thumbs Down 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Just now, The_Warpact said:

Or just lead a trial how you want with those rules in mind so you can attract like minded people.

That way you're not forcing the way you want to play on others who might be less receptive. 

"Just lead how you want."  Sounds great, except that doesn't work out in practice.  Most people are inherently lazy and will always take the path of least resistance.  "Join the guy who is asking people to use strategy, or just join the guy who will let us spam Barrier so I don't have to think?  I know which one I'm joining!"

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • Thumbs Down 4

1 minute ago, Astralock said:

"Just lead how you want."  Sounds great, except that doesn't work out in practice.  Most people are inherently lazy and will always take the path of least resistance.  "Join the guy who is asking people to use strategy, or just join the guy who will let us spam Barrier so I don't have to think?  I know which one I'm joining!"

There are like minded people out there that do hard mode, level the old fashioned way, etc there are SGs dedicated to it.

Having the devs modify something to suit your playstyle aka the minority is dead on arrival.

Take the time, use LFG to promo the type of itrial you want to do, and give it a try.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

2 hours ago, Astralock said:

Just form an sg for those elite, non-lazy few. Separate yourselves from "most people" and follow your dreams. 

The path of least resistance in this case is asking the devs to nerf things to suit your needs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Astralock said:

"Join the guy who is asking people to use strategy, or just join the guy who will let us spam Barrier so I don't have to think?  I know which one I'm joining!"

You call it cheesing, but using Barrier is in fact a strategy.

Also, the challenge modes are balanced around having all of your incarnate slots slotted, 4 star basically says "your whole team is entirely T4'd"

• Thanks 5

What this team needs is more Defenders

1 hour ago, Black Zot said:

So much for the canard that adding harder content would appease the Dark Souls people.

Are you kidding? Dark Souls fans are the Lords of shouting "But you didn't play right because you used x!"

So this suggestion seems right in line with that.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

11 hours ago, Black Zot said:

So much for the canard that adding harder content would appease the Dark Souls people.

If any Dark Souls players are here on HomeComing, I'm sure they are here to relax.  This isn't that challenging of a game.

Unless you play MM's who actually -rely- on Destiny Barrier to keep from resummoning henchmen twice per spawn in iTrials.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

How about just adding an option to the HM content that disables Incarnate powers for them?

Selecting 4-star under difficulty does not prevent you from selecting "No Incarnate Powers" under power selections or the "No Enhancements" toggle. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 6 other complete badge characters.

11 hours ago, BrandX said:

But I don't think I've seen that requirement issued on HM TFs myself.

I haven't seen it as a requirement to join, but for Relentless Aeon, the teams I have run with have wanted 3-4 on the team. On several occasions I have crafted one on a character that didn't have one already.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

8 minutes ago, Uun said:

I haven't seen it as a requirement to join, but for Relentless Aeon, the teams I have run with have wanted 3-4 on the team. On several occasions I have crafted one on a character that didn't have one already.

True and I think that is fine. If folks want to not run that way they can form their own team.

So one additional -1 from me to the OP's suggestion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Burk said:

Selecting 4-star under difficulty does not prevent you from selecting "No Incarnate Powers" under power selections or the "No Enhancements" toggle. 😉

Then what the devil is Astra complaining about? He can turn off the Incarnate powers on his runs if he wants to. 

Unless this is yet another one of those "If *you people* aren't ALL playing my way, then I can't be happy!"-situations. 😝

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

I can't agree with you on this one...

The reason is nurfing destiny impacts different arch types different, for example all the support without destiny clarion, go back to being victims instead of heroes; of course no respectable melee would ever need destiny clarion so this recommendation works just fine. And please do not give the line that support they can use break frees, if this was so practical, why give melee status protections? After all they can be using break frees too, right?

Destiny Barrier is a much more useful abili9ty to once more prop the support types, who are very restricted in their opportunities to get resistances and defenses, nurfing this, would impact the support types far worse than a melee whose resistances and defenses are handed to them in a silver platter.

I do agree with other suggestions, that if "you" want to go through the effort to form a group and tell prospective players that incarnate abilities will not be allowed, "in your" TF, that is fine by me, but don't expect me to come with any support alts to this TF, I may come with one of many melee types tough which are sincerely unaffected by the not having incarnate powers condition.

Hugs

Sue

Unyielding/Ruthless (☆☆☆challengeStat_hard_mode_2.png.8ef97755483feda718c93ac118583493.png

• This content is balanced around everyone on the team having Tier 3 incarnate powers.

Invincible/Relentless (☆☆☆☆challengeStat_hard_mode_3.png.93398195be21d67e6cb174df18f05d4d.png

• This content is balanced around everyone on the team having Tier 4 incarnate powers.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

14 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

How about just adding an option to the HM content that disables Incarnate powers for them?

4 hours ago, Burk said:

Incarnate abilities in general are not the issue.  Destiny is.  Particularly Barrier.  Alpha, Interface, etc., are all fine.

• Thumbs Down 1

Obviously you can disagree with the OP’s specific suggestion *without* taking ludicrous positions such as “all nerfs are bad” or the notoriously stupid “you want to control how others play!”. 

But it doesn’t seem many here got that memo.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 7
  • Thumbs Down 3