Remove Thumbsdown & Confused

The ideal forum would have no reactions allowed at all and mandatory anonymized usernames - regardless of your login, everyone would show up as "Player ######", with the digits changing every time you post in a different thread. This way, posts are judged based on their content as opposed to the poster.

Unfortunately, this forum allows reactions that show approval, so things like thumbsdown have to be allowed as a counterbalance.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

On 10/9/2022 at 1:12 PM, Troo said:

How's the old saying go? If we don't have something nice to say we shouldn't say anything at all.

Thumbsdown & Confused are at times being used in a way that is more aggressive than probably intended.

Would this make for a nicer forums.. maybe, maybe not. But at least folks would need to articulate their disapproval and could be held accountable for any actual harassment.

I'm way late but I think you have a job at Twitter if Musk isn't actually clearing house ^.^

image.png.04ed478057818a73ab719505f04b29ea.png                    image.png.42c80ce1c325baca8986b52f21ef6e81.png

On 10/12/2022 at 3:42 PM, Troo said:

image.png.f8297f8f31040815a9ba477b9fb4c072.png  lol

image.png.43a36ab3e9113beb2b7658bcccab421c.png  at this rate I'm never gonna make it to 200 much less my goal. such weaksauce.

Oh we are going to have to try harder.

While I have given out ~80 thumbs up, received 54 likes and 49 thumbs up, I have only earned 11 thumbsdown in the same period.image.png.a4502f728f73c79f2ede86c7be29f752.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• 1 year later
On 10/31/2022 at 4:23 PM, Troo said:

Oh we are going to have to try harder.

While I have given out ~80 thumbs up, received 54 likes and 49 thumbs up, I have only earned 11 thumbsdown in the same period.

image.png.a4502f728f73c79f2ede86c7be29f752.png

Whew, one year later and made it all the way to 212.

Thanks to everyone and most recently @Glorious "Glorious reacted to a post in a topic Remove Thumbsdown & Confused"

176px-Thumbs_up_icon_svg.png.6a4650eece0d4eb8f4b05d6385091c7c.png

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 10/9/2022 at 4:12 PM, Troo said:

How's the old saying go? If we don't have something nice to say we shouldn't say anything at all.

Thumbsdown & Confused are at times being used in a way that is more aggressive than probably intended.

Would this make for a nicer forums.. maybe, maybe not. But at least folks would need to articulate their disapproval and could be held accountable for any actual harassment.

theres one 'arcane' super creeper, who literally fishes my posts from months back timelines (for ones theyve missed, normally their very quick) to thumbsdown them....

spacer.png

...nearly every single one....

👎 like a museum patron, who pisses on the displays.  

its a type of person, that goes out of their way to do that kind of thing.

id agree with removal of both of these, which are definately used to try to harm (by some).

more 'my hero', less general sustained unkindness, ya.

• Thumbs Down 2
  • Thumbs Right 1

On 11/4/2023 at 4:34 AM, honoroit said:

theres one 'arcane' super creeper, who literally fishes my posts from months back timelines (for ones theyve missed, normally their very quick) to thumbsdown them....

spacer.png

...nearly every single one....

👎 like a museum patron, who pisses on the displays.  

its a type of person, that goes out of their way to do that kind of thing.

id agree with removal of both of these, which are definately used to try to harm (by some).

more 'my hero', less general sustained unkindness, ya.

Yup I noticed this as well

it's why I try very, very hard not to downvote stuff

and offer alternatives that may (or may not) be easier to implement

I try my best to assume goodwill in every post

sometimes I genuinely do not understand something so I do quite like the confused button

I feel we are all ignoring the elephant in the room though

The Estonia button? 

who is the Estonia button for?

What is the Estonia button for?

When should I use the Estonia button?

Where is Estonia?

Why is Estonia a response?

How many times can I say Estonia in a single post?

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

I don't like the Thumps-up or Thumbs-down reactions. The reason being they're interpreted (and usually intended, I suppose) as judgments about the quality or soundness of a post, and by extension, the poster.  Getting a number of self-selected, non-random, emotionally engaged, and unrepresentative people to indicate these is about as useful as voting over whether water is wet.

I would rather have reactions that clearly indicate agreeing or disagreeing with a post. Make one a Letter A, and the other the Letter D, and there is no value to either in terms of reputation.  Agreeing or disagreeing with a post says less about the post, but more about the one reacting to it. 

6 hours ago, arcane said:

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with developing a policy of downvoting any post that incorporates obnoxious and irrelevant anime gifs. The poster is free to change his or her behavior if they find this bothersome.

I've searched for thee, dark-stricken creature.

I am descendant and at once; the honour of the gods, the glory of fire, and the fear of the dark.

Thou shalt not go unpunished.

For thy treachery, thy profanity, and thy shameless yearning! (to thumbs down posts instead of being plus ultra!)

Remember this, creature.

Never would I ever...
...forgive thy lowly kind.

-- attributed to someone who waited past the end of the world, and breaking of time's seal, that made a sun shine

spacer.png

• Thumbs Down 2

• 4 months later

Fully agree with this!

Made my own topic with the same suggestion, before looking @ this!

Yah, thumbs down DEFINITELY must be deleted. Honestly it must have not been added to the list at all!

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/