Faultine retired?!

Glacier Peak

16 minutes ago, CR Americas Angel said:

I killed him.

Oh. So THAT'S how promotions work in Homecoming.

I'll keep that in mind.  😁

• Haha 2

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

The content team decided that Faultline should be an optional hidden boss (no badges), accessed by having a team leader with the Master of Sequencers badge talk to and insult Cobalt Arachne on 4-star difficulty.  There you will have to fight the entire dev team in a tiny phased room with a countdown timer until that dimension mapserves.  I recommend focusing Captain Powerhouse down first to avoid his Nerfmode aura stacking too much if your team is comprised of high-performing powersets.

Successful completion of this fight awards ten Prismatics and a prestige Faultline pet (accolade power) that stabs you whenever you break something.

• Like 6
  • Haha 13
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Veracor - Veracor, Bio/TW Tanker on Everlasting.  Retired raid leader.

54 minutes ago, Techwright said:

His Get-up-and-go has Got-up-and-went?

Odd. Suddenly I have an hankering for a hunk of cheese.

Well that is a given when your ten gallon hat is feelin five gallons flat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, High Beam Prime (someone else has her non OG name)

2 hours ago, Veracor said:

The content team decided that Faultline should be an optional hidden boss (no badges), accessed by having a team leader with the Master of Sequencers badge talk to and insult Cobalt Arachne on 4-star difficulty.  There you will have to fight the entire dev team in a tiny phased room with a countdown timer until that dimension mapserves.  I recommend focusing Captain Powerhouse down first to avoid his Nerfmode aura stacking too much if your team is comprised of high-performing powersets.

Successful completion of this fight awards ten Prismatics and a prestige Faultline pet (accolade power) that stabs you whenever you break something.

wow

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

10 hours ago, Troo said:

wow

I know right?

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, High Beam Prime (someone else has her non OG name)

4 hours ago, Luminara said:

Hope he didn't crack.  Buckle under the pressure and upthrust his middle finger.  Crumble due to the strain.  I tremble at the thought of the aftershock.

How does the general populace know that Captain America's catch phrase is 'I  can do this all day'? - Quora

The fault lies squarely in line with your assumptions...

2 hours ago, Krimson said:

I have no rebuttal from him yet in my thread. I'm starting to question what power sets he's using along with the animation time. He might have Munitions Mastery and I could just be waiting on the animation for LRM. 

Rebuttal to what?

He isn't going to be responding soon. Apparently he's AFK:

6 hours ago, Sovera said:

It was rushed, but rushed for a reason and not a random decision. Faultline is off and away for a while due to RL and he was/is the compile guy so until he is back no more patches.

So Page 5 had to be done before he left.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

4 minutes ago, Krimson said:

He claimed the Shadow Shard has the same physics as the rest of the universe and I /jranger'ed that idea. 

IIRC he said that it would have the same physics, if it weren't for that whole Rularuu thing, which tracks with me

2 minutes ago, Krimson said:

Too many holes there. Time, gravity, and mass are interconnected. If gravity and mass work differently, there is no possible way that time would be the same aside from lazy writing. And moreover, using that an excuse for not being able to access other areas of the Shadow Shard is silly. Considering some of the things that pass for plot in this game, I think we have a LOT of wiggle room to work with. Anyone in the Shadow Shard should be suffocating on the dust in a couple of minutes anyway. 

Rularuu was a virtually omnipotent capital-G God before he was trapped there, and he infused every molecule of that temporary dimension with a massive portion of his power to make it a real, substantial dimension. Rularuu decides what the laws of physics are in the shard. If he weren't there, it'd be a different (very short) story.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Krimson said:

Too many holes there. Time, gravity, and mass are interconnected. If gravity and mass work differently, there is no possible way that time would be the same aside from lazy writing. And moreover, using that an excuse for not being able to access other areas of the Shadow Shard is silly. Considering some of the things that pass for plot in this game, I think we have a LOT of wiggle room to work with. Anyone in the Shadow Shard should be suffocating on the dust in a couple of minutes anyway. 

It's comic book science. People are invisible but can still see, shoot fire from their hands, break the speed of sound running. At some point you just need to accept 'it works, because' is the explanation.

As someone else said 'just because we don't understand how something works does not stop it from working'.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/18/2022 at 2:38 AM, Veracor said:

@Veracor, stop giving @Cobalt Arachne ideas about @Faultline and @Captain Powerhouse.

Oh, crap.  I pinged them.

Edited by Jacke
  • Haha 3