Well, that's unfortunate...

cranebump

Man, when this guy wakes up...

image.png.c80dc2428cf7728ecfc0848e19853425.png

Either a backache, or he's gonna feel violated...

• Haha 5

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Close the door, CLOSE THE DOOR!

• Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I still love the absolute bugs bunny level of hilarity of my SS brute power uppercutting some council schmoe and the poor guy getting stuck headfirst in the ceiling his legs dangling down like some pinata

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

The ragdoll mechanics in this game are still some of the best out there

Aside from the occasional cringeworthy moments when you defeat someone and their body picks a major joint to go all Linda Blair with. Watching a defeated Outcast bend forward to kiss his toes, then have his torso complete another 720° of rotation is an invitation to return your lunch.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, catsi563 said:

I still love the absolute bugs bunny level of hilarity of my SS brute power uppercutting some council schmoe and the poor guy getting stuck headfirst in the ceiling his legs dangling down like some pinata

Good for a quick heavy bag workout

image.thumb.jpeg.3577258f25f034094ffb99e712b9f397.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Snarky said:

The ragdoll mechanics in this game are still some of the best out there

It's when they keep... twitching... for a long... time. Especially the Carnival gals. Makes me want to go walk it off, or something.

• Haha 2

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

I love when they keep twitching on the ground, and end up melting into the floor. Very immersive for my Rad/Water Defender. Acidic Burn!!

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

5 hours ago, Solarverse said:

As crazy funny as that is, I always hated the rubber-band NPCs when they die. I always preferred the original. The rag-doll affect is just...bad.

When first seeing the ragdoll physics in Homecoming,  it struck me that the weird-pose effects had only gotten worse over the years.  I remember when they first instituted ragdoll physics, and though many humorous things happened, I don't recall them being quite so ridiculously pliable as they are now.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Techwright said:

When first seeing the ragdoll physics in Homecoming,  it struck me that the weird-pose effects had only gotten worse over the years.  I remember when they first instituted ragdoll physics, and though many humorous things happened, I don't recall them being quite so ridiculously pliable as they are now.

They weren't active that long on live is what I remember, but I do remember the folded in 1/2 stuck in a wall being common enough.

I actually have pulled off the coveted pinball maneuver popped a warrior who hit one wall bounced off it hit the ceiling bounced off it and then bounced off the opposite wall before finally colliding with the floor for the last time

• Like 1

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

On 7/12/2023 at 10:19 AM, cranebump said:

Man, when this guy wakes up...

image.png.c80dc2428cf7728ecfc0848e19853425.png

Either a backache, or he's gonna feel violated...

That's what my back feels like after waking up most mornings.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!