Four Billion Influence

Player2

On 7/17/2023 at 2:20 PM, Zewks said:

The big question:

How did you all get it?

I'm currently inactive in the market -- I'm about mid-way through taking a long break from the game. I think I've only been actively marketeering about half the time Homecoming has been up.

But, I made my overflowing stash that's almost a low-integer fraction of Yomo's incredible self-gravitating astronomical body of wealth by doing just a couple of things, sustained over a long time period.

1. Don't spend more than you bring in.
  2. Use/sell the drops you get wisely.
  3. Buy certain things other people don't want for low prices.
  4. Use the game's tools to transform those unwanted cheap things into highly sought-after expensive things.
  5. Post them for sale at a price that gives you a reasonable profit and moves a lot of volume.

Basically, this is taking advantage of other people's lack of knowledge, laziness, and impatience to get them to pay you a lot of Inf to do simple things they don't know they can do, don't want to bother to do, or are in too much a hurry to do.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/17/2023 at 3:41 AM, Player2 said:

4,041,386,329 to be precise.

I went through all 350 alts and recorded their current influence total in my spreadsheet.

I've occasionally misplaced where the large sums are sitting, so I wanted to make sure I had it all listed so I could find it when I need it.

2 billion inf across my alts & floating in my inbox last i checked but i estimate i could get over 4 billion if i liquidated my top builds

6 hours ago, Andreah said:

Basically, this is taking advantage of other people's lack of knowledge, laziness, and impatience to get them to pay you a lot of Inf to do simple things they don't know they can do, don't want to bother to do, or are in too much a hurry to do.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

5 hours ago, Chance Jackson said:

2 billion inf across my alts & floating in my inbox last i checked but i estimate i could get over 4 billion if i liquidated my top builds

If I liquidated the assets of my 50s that I rarely play... I might increase by another 2 to 4 billion.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/17/2023 at 12:17 PM, Bionic_Flea said:

Last time I added up "cash on hand" I think I had about 14 billion.  Now, I'd estimate 18 - 20 billion in Influence, not counting merits, stored items, and Super Pack goodies in email.

As Snarky said, it's hard to run out of cash once you hit a certain point as long as you play your alts to 50 and don't make a bunch of new ones at the same time.

Hence why I am always broke. I get an alt to 50 and then make a new alt. Most don't even have an alpha slot filled.

16 hours ago, Andreah said:

I think a lot of people don't want to go thru converter roulette.

Come to think of it, that's one way I have been collecting inf is when I'm trying to convert to something not that valuable and something very marketable comes up, I sell that and buy the item that I wanted in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, lemming said:

I think a lot of people don't want to go thru converter roulette.

Come to think of it, that's one way I have been collecting inf is when I'm trying to convert to something not that valuable and something very marketable comes up, I sell that and buy the item that I wanted in the first place.

This is the way

On 7/17/2023 at 3:41 AM, Player2 said:

I've occasionally misplaced where the large sums are sitting, so I wanted to make sure I had it all listed so I could find it when I need it.

Ah yes, how the little people track their money.  🙂

Back on live, I had a similar spreadsheet except that the purpose was to keep track of which characters had room to hold more.  Each character could only hold 2 billion and I had about 55 billion inf and only around 35 characters.  And I didn't and still don't like storing large sums in email or the auction house.

I don't have that kind of money on Homecoming - only about 9 billion.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

13 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Bunch of braggers...I have like, 9 mill. Me and my broke ass.

On 7/17/2023 at 3:16 PM, Without_Pause said:

I took a character this past weekend who was farmed to 22 and decided to generate some currency for them. I think they had one rare salvage. I sold it, and pounded the common IO recipes since I don't have any merits on hand for that character. On the the casual, I had near 4 million after the weekend. And honestly, I didn't really need the rare salvage as start up. If I grabbed a new character and pounded out Posi and Synapse this past weekend, 20 mill would have been cake. If people want to complain about generating currency here, may I introduce you to other MMOs. 

I logged onto that character today, and they had over 10 mill.

• Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Emma Strange: Ill/dark Controller. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Hesitation: Claws/sr Scrapper. 8. Within Reach: Axe/stone Brute. 9. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute.  10. Chasing Fireworks: Fire/time Controller. 

"Downtime is for mortals. Debt is temporary. Fame is forever."

I will admit that I have a crazy amount of inf. Every alt has at least one billion on them and a ton more in email. I know it would be hard for me to spend it all, so I share with friends, SG mates, donate to CCs, donate to player run events, welcome starting gifts to new players so the early mistakes while learning how to play don't hurt so much, welcome home gifts to old players that just found us again, people I see asking for help planning their build so they can save up, and the one that most don't believe me when I'm doing them... Standing in a starting zone giving out gifts to anyone that answers my free inf call out (my Christmas giveaway totaled 8.8 billion inf)

I like to play my 50s and enjoy leveling up new alts. For me inf is no longer hard to get and that is why I share

• Like 1

On 7/17/2023 at 2:20 PM, Zewks said:

The big question:

How did you all get it?

Started in May 2019.  Mostly pack openings and the last big Winter Pack sale, but I do play my 50s quite a bit (my main is around VL 385) but not so much farming.  My main sits at about 1B inf, 500 Hero Merits, 500 Villain Merits, and maybe 1-2k regular Merits.  I have 3B inf in emails and maybe another 1-2B inf spread among my small stable of around 30 alts.

In the 2019-20 timeframe, I would store up Merits from pack openings and sell the ATOs, boosters, and catalysts, and that was enough to make decent profit.  Now, I still do pack openings occasionally (100 packs at a time), only selling ATOs, and it barely breaks even.  I also did a pack opening recently just to store up ATO sets for the next few alts.  I've been posting ATOs for a little under 8M, and they usually sell for 8M (occasionally as high as 10-15M) but take a few days to clear out.

I'll generally ship 100M inf to a new alt and grab the double XP boosters, P2W freebies, convenience travel powers (TT, MT, ATT, base portal), and maybe a few other minor things (like full stacks of Backup Radio and Envenomed Dagger).  They'll also spend the tiny cost of 8 hours of each amplifier at level 1, just because.  You can either run the 8 badges in Atlas to get the LRT power or spend the inf at P2W.

• Thumbs Up 1

I ran my current main, Claws/ea Scrapper, last night and did a few missions solo(+3/x8). I think just from the mobs I gained around 10 mill. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Emma Strange: Ill/dark Controller. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Hesitation: Claws/sr Scrapper. 8. Within Reach: Axe/stone Brute. 9. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute.  10. Chasing Fireworks: Fire/time Controller. 

On 7/18/2023 at 12:36 AM, Yomo Kimyata said:

This is what got me hooked when I stumbled into the Market forum accidentally. Been doing this for the last 2...2,5 years yielded me something around.... checks his notes... 30 Billion or so in cash money. Around 2/3 of which got turned into higher end builds for my ever growing stable of 50ies, which then contribute their own slow income from the occasional gametime not spent on new toons. It is all for the greater good, making money and spending it, to keep the wheels turning!

I still owe Yomo his due share for taking the effort of explaining. If only he still would be interested in earning more money... 😉 

Found that winning costume contests was not a viable nor sustainable source of income. Which is a pure shame...

• Thumbs Up 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

I've only done 1 costume content on Homecoming and got third. As soon as I saw another person I knew I wasn't winning, but for the person who got first I'll never understand them even placing. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

Liquid or net worth here? I'm more of a property investment banker than a raw-funds inflation-sucks kind of banker. Either way, just like a traditional broker I stole my money 😉

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Sir Myshkin said:

Liquid or net worth here? I'm more of a property investment banker than a raw-funds inflation-sucks kind of banker. Either way, just like a traditional broker I stole my money 😉

I'd say liquid assets only.  Net worth would probably double my total, but I can't spend the other half without gutting my favorite characters.

1 hour ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Or flooding the market with your slotted and stored stuff, which would cause their value to plummet if you want reasonably quick sales.

I'm in the process of trimming a few more characters out of my roster.  Most of the ones were just running around with basic IOs at 50.   Started another base for storage, but looks like I'm going to have to have a fire sale soon.   It's also making all my current characters look more impressive for their portfolios.

Hmm, may have to write a build parser just for adding up the number of various enhancements.  (Or get Mids working...)

21 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

Liquid or net worth here?

These discussions generally refer to actual inf on hand.  I actually have no idea what enhancements I have in my base.  Less then one full table of purples, ATO's and uniques so not a huge amount.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.