Speed Task Forces

Corruption

8 minutes ago, Camel said:

Weird question.. But how are you getting literal screenshots of your screens? When I use my own methods, it does not show my trays, maps, any game info whatsoever. Just a crystal clear image of whatever is before me. What am I doing wrong here?

Use a screenshot utility like ShareX or Lightshot.

Edited by Apparition
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Camel said:

Weird question.. But how are you getting literal screenshots of your screens? When I use my own methods, it does not show my trays, maps, any game info whatsoever. Just a crystal clear image of whatever is before me. What am I doing wrong here?

18 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Use a screenshot utility like ShareX or Lightshot.

Alternatively, the slash command "/screenshotui 1", which can also be bound as a toggle in Options > Keymapping.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

2 hours ago, Mister Mass said:

2 minutes!  That’s awesome.  

Great time on the Cavern of Transcendence! It says the record is 48 seconds though - is that solo, and if so,  is that from using the tp thru geometry glitch to the two pumcites holding sam hostage? I'm imagining that time is relatively possible given an 8 man team. 

Edited by Glacier Peak

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

Great time on the Cavern of Transcendence! It says the record is 48 seconds though - is that solo, and if so,  is that from using the tp thru geometry glitch to the two pumcites holding sam hostage? I'm imagining that time is relatively possible given an 8 man team. 

It was solo and without using any glitches.

43 minutes ago, Armour Gedden said:

It was solo and without using any glitches.

I'm just confused.

Assuming a number of factors listed: the glowies taking approximately 4 seconds to activate. That's minimum 32 seconds. The distance between any two glowies are approximately 5 seconds away (assuming maxed SS runspeed and SJ jump speed, based on my biased testing). That's 45 seconds if you include from the mission entrance, through all 8 obelisks, then to the two minions holding Sam hostage. Killing the two minions, 3 seconds, assuming maximum damage, no misses on two 1.5 second powers activating.

All those assumptions combined, I see 1 minute, 20 seconds as being the fastest possible time.

Without appearing to contradict your statement, (I'm not trying to call you a liar) could you provide me, either publicly or thru PM, with evidence to support the time you stated? Again, not trying to appear hostile, I'm just confused on how anything under the above stated time is possible in the Cavern of Transcendence Trial.

Edited by Glacier Peak
Math

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

I use lightshot. 

On 6/18/2020 at 5:44 PM, Camel said:

Warning: This post may contain an opinion.

• 4 months later

So its been a while since this thread was replied to, and a lot of these times are now out of date. I'm going to shamelessly plug speedrun.com, as it has everything up to date, including some of the older times as well. Making an account over there is free, and it allows for submitting times if you are a solo player, or run in a duo, or any other number of categories.

Some of the newer records some people may be interested in are :

STF/MLTF - 8:53

LRSF - 8:18

LGTF - 9:46

Apex - 5:20

Tin Mage - 5:21

I'll also shamelessly promote our new discord. https://discord.gg/T5cMTf5

Feel free to join if you're interested in speedrunning in any away, whether you just casually speedrun the ITF, or you go all out in everything. 

Edited by Dark Bladed
  • Like 4

On 6/16/2019 at 12:52 PM, justicebeliever said:

I’m 90% sure you are serious, but I am somewhat incredulous.  I just ran this a couple of days ago, and we had no team wipes, and it took us a little over 2.5 hours.  Now there was probably 20 min of breaks, maybe 30.  We did fight Babbage, but for every mish that was not a defeat all, we had someone stealth to the end and teleport us to the boss room.  There are so many kill all missions...such a slog.

Again, not calling you out, just trying to imagine it...

The key to these isn't so much stealthing to the end, tho it helps. It's having folks KNOW the task force, and know the next mission before it's posted in the nav bar. 

A lot of players will use the exit button, which is to be expected. 
Click exit - zoning out can take 5-60 seconds, depending on the player's system. 

But sometimes, using ouro or the sg port macro to exit saves some loading time. 

Also, apparently, you can select mission tp before the mission even posts, provided everyone waits until the mission does post before they accept it. 

Remember, we didn't have the sg base macro on live. So, players that use this - particularly on itf to skip Sister Solaris's lengthy dialogue - can be at the next mission door before it posts. (if they guess the door right - either way, they're closer to it than they otherwise would be, because they've already exited the map. )

If all the team has mission tp, team tp, ATT and stealth, and an inclination to speed through, 45 minutes should be a bit better than average. I suspect a coordinated team of AoE centric characters could do it in 30, or even less. It would take a lot of effort though. 

2 hours ago, Ukase said:

Also, apparently, you can select mission tp before the mission even posts, provided everyone waits until the mission does post before they accept it. 

(Assuming you meant team teleporter) yes, you can. if i'm team lead i'll summon it first and can call the contact while it animates.

9 hours ago, Veelectric Boogaloo said:

(Assuming you meant team teleporter) yes, you can. if i'm team lead i'll summon it first and can call the contact while it animates.

Yes, I did mean the team teleporter. I blame my lack of attention to detail ...or old age. 😛

On 10/22/2020 at 11:43 AM, Ukase said:

The key to these isn't so much stealthing to the end, tho it helps. It's having folks KNOW the task force, and know the next mission before it's posted in the nav bar. 

A lot of players will use the exit button, which is to be expected. 
Click exit - zoning out can take 5-60 seconds, depending on the player's system. 

But sometimes, using ouro or the sg port macro to exit saves some loading time. 

Remember, we didn't have the sg base macro on live. So, players that use this - particularly on itf to skip Sister Solaris's lengthy dialogue - can be at the next mission door before it posts. (if they guess the door right - either way, they're closer to it than they otherwise would be, because they've already exited the map. )

If all the team has mission tp, team tp, ATT and stealth, and an inclination to speed through, 45 minutes should be a bit better than average. I suspect a coordinated team of AoE centric characters could do it in 30, or even less. It would take a lot of effort though. 

Sounds like this is about Synapse? I soloed Synapse in 29 mins (screenshot in the previous page). A team of 3 beat me by about a minute or two iirc. So sub 30 is possible. I personally expect a duo to achieve the best possible time. Getting into the low 20s should be possible. When I review my video, I can add up all the tiny mistakes I made an estimate what an ideal run could have looked like. It's at least like 3 minutes faster.

Thing with Synapse though, is that map rng is big. Some of the kill all maps are much smaller than others. I restarted the tf like 10 times in a row the night I did my sub 30 run.

On 10/23/2020 at 12:18 AM, Bill Z Bubba said:

No clue how you folks are soloing the likes of Apex in those times.

When (in some distant future) the video ban is lifted, you will get to see first hand 🙂 (I have a recording of mine which I will post on youtube once I'm able. Although Bloodom has already destroyed my time because he's a monster. I'm sure he also has a recording.)

In the meantime, enjoy this glorious screenshot of how I attacked the eb phase in mission 1:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/706778082412986488/718304118875357254/unknown.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Elmyder said:

Sounds like this is about Synapse? I soloed Synapse in 29 mins (screenshot in the previous page). A team of 3 beat me by about a minute or two iirc. So sub 30 is possible. I personally expect a duo to achieve the best possible time. Getting into the low 20s should be possible. When I review my video, I can add up all the tiny mistakes I made an estimate what an ideal run could have looked like. It's at least like 3 minutes faster.

Thing with Synapse though, is that map rng is big. Some of the kill all maps are much smaller than others. I restarted the tf like 10 times in a row the night I did my sub 30 run.

This is why you are a genuine speeder and I'm not, lol. I'm not concerned with getting the fastest time ever - I just don't want to waste time. If I had 100 dollars for every time I clicked exit instead of using the sg macro or an ouro portal...I couldn't retire, but I could eat a lot more steak! 

The very idea of resetting because you got a bad map....

On a solo Dr. Q, ( I think it was Dr. Q) I had cleared the map I thought - mission wouldn't end. Had to be a spawn there somewhere. I spent more than 20 minutes looking in every possible place I could think of. Finally, I just logged off to reset it - completed it. My next run through, on a different character, the map was half the size. I think it's the first time I noticed, outside of the Rescue the Fortune Teller mission that maps may be different for some missions. 

• Like 1