Any teaser what is being worked on? (January 2024 edition)

Troo

31 minutes ago, Dev Unitas said:

I don't even know what this one's meant to be...

A great biotic wind.

told you not to let him eat those beans.

• Haha 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

• Troo changed the title to Any teaser what is being worked on? (January 2024 edition)

There are some things that I would like to see done, eventually. Some additional Lore pet factions, for example. (What can I say, I really want a Malta Zeus Titan lore summon.)

Also, possibly some different looks/variations to MM pets as options. Not holding my breath for any new MM sets themselves though. All my ideas are too outlandish and would never be able to be implemented probably. Such as a MM set that utilizes the pet summons as pieces of a single entity that forms around the player. Think a big mech suit (or something similar) that's "built" with multiple hitboxes from the minions and each piece having its own hp. So instead of having 6 individual minions at the end, you'd have 6 pieces making up the single entity you're using with destroyable weapons and all.

Edited by SirJeal

I'm betting the Kings Row image was posted specifically calling attention to Paragon City's motto: "The Birthplace of Tomorrow".

My prediction is that now that the license stuff is worked out, issue 28 is going to actually advance the overall setting metaplot from the effective I24 stasis it's been in.

• Like 1
  • Moose 1
  • Microphone 1

Global: @Reiska, both here and back on live.

I was Erika Shimomura and Nagare Yuki on Virtue during the Live era.

Now I play on Everlasting. 🙂

9 hours ago, Reiska said:

I'm betting the Kings Row image was posted specifically calling attention to Paragon City's motto: "The Birthplace of Tomorrow".

King's Row! Let's takedown Blue Steel for the corrupt, abusive, glory-seeking disgrace to the badge he is (This may be my own opinion...though probably shared by the Clockwork King)

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/14/2024 at 9:00 AM, Jimmy said:

image.png

This is the same entity that was in Star Trek The Motion Picture. VGER aka Voyager. But as a younger, less powerful entity. VGER will be the new Hami. Instead of a blob, we have a wall of light. 

On 1/7/2024 at 9:00 PM, Troo said:

also in the news

City of Heroes Homecoming talks funding, the City Council, and the impending content drop

'Our prime directive is to keep the servers online and available to everyone'

https://massivelyop.com/2024/01/05/city-of-heroes-homecoming-talks-funding-the-city-council-and-the-impending-content-drop/

I read it.
But still a bit confused on what it means. I understand it does in a sense take a lot of pressure off the whole. Will they come in tomorrow with lawyers and shut down the servers. So it does take a bit of the impending doom away. 

I also understand it allows them to expand the financial pocketbook as well for a rainy day. 
I don't care if it means that the devs are allow to take a stipend as they deserve it.

But for actual game play and design what does that mean? what is the benefit.. 
Again I get that other servers will be merged with ours and it means that there will be more devs as well. 

On a side note. 
I would hope that this legitimacy would now allow them to maybe hire or pick up interns and artist that can maybe grind their teeth on something that technically is legit an supported to create some new powers or the art for new powers. It's a win/win on both sides. Intern learns some real life gaming experience and can say this is my artwork on this online game getting out of college. Without a doubt this would be a great resume line for someone looking to get into this field. Again especially now that it is being backed officially.  

1 hour ago, plainguy said:

On a side note. 
I would hope that this legitimacy would now allow them to maybe hire or pick up interns and artist that can maybe grind their teeth on something that technically is legit an supported to create some new powers or the art for new powers. It's a win/win on both sides. Intern learns some real life gaming experience and can say this is my artwork on this online game getting out of college. Without a doubt this would be a great resume line for someone looking to get into this field. Again especially now that it is being backed officially.  

I don't think the added legitimacy is going to supercharge the expansion of the dev/artist team anymore than its current pace of expansion. You have to keep in mind throwing more and more bodies at a task doesn't necessarily make things faster, every additional dev/artist adds additional communication overhead especially if they're more junior, and for an unpaid/community project with the size and scope that this game has, that can get out of hand real fast. That's not to say it's a bad thing to bring on interns and juniors, just that it needs to be well managed and paced out.

• Like 2

InGame: @10kVolts    |    Tenkay's Log Combat Parser

3 hours ago, plainguy said:

But for actual game play and design what does that mean? what is the benefit.. 
Again I get that other servers will be merged with ours and it means that there will be more devs as well. 

More players. Through the merge and some actual marketing beyond 'pirate server'.

More content and somethings that maybe we had avoided committing resources to such as new animations.

Waiting for this to go through also delayed releasing some of what we'll see in the next release.

There is also the potential for some more backend improvements and potentially hosting options.

I agree with you in the hope that some legitimacy opens up the door to additional resources.

• Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

don't miss this stuff:

8 hours ago, Widower said:

Issue 27: Page 7 - Coming Soon!
The next major update, Issue 27: Page 7, will be coming to Open Beta very soon™. This update is huge - new power sets, new story arcs (including the finale of Piecemeal’s story), zone updates, new customization options, enemy group updates, and our next Advanced Difficulty Task Force: Lady Grey.

We hope you like reading, as the patch notes are nearly 70 pages long when pasted into a document.

• Thanks 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

On 1/16/2024 at 11:39 AM, Grey-Ghost said:

King's Row! Let's takedown Blue Steel for the corrupt, abusive, glory-seeking disgrace to the badge he is (This may be my own opinion...though probably shared by the Clockwork King)

Let's take Ferrari and Le Tigre and Magnum with him.

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

COH bomp bomp: 

I really hope that “Very Soon(tm)” actually is… I hate feeling so impatient but seeing the sneak previews and such I am so damn hyped and want to see the new shinies live! Argh! Not helped I’m waiting for Valheim to bring out Ashlands, Minecraft to launch its next update, and won’t get an update for Final Fantasy XIV until summer now. Argh, I’m in Soon(tm) hell!

On 1/18/2024 at 2:22 PM, Sakura Tenshi said:

I really hope that “Very Soon(tm)” actually is…

Imminent < Soon™©

@Jimmy are we imminent?

Edited by Troo